PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR.com

call_me_andrew
17th February 2013, 01:15
I didn't know it was possible but they made it worse!

inimitablestoo
17th February 2013, 10:25
It's one of the sites where I try never to read the "Comments" at the bottom - but I have noticed that virtually every article is followed by comments to get the site back to how it was!

Somebody suggested - and it sounds quite likely - that it's been redesigned to make it easier to read on a smartphone, at the expense of everyone else. On the computer at work it's unreadable on Internet Explorer (the British taxpayer will be glad to know that HM Government only provides IE6, rather than upgrading to a 21st century version); fortunately Mozilla gets it to work properly. Not anywhere near as user-friendly as it was though.

Tkritl
17th February 2013, 14:06
I can't believe it either, but it is much worse, the racing is a joke.

Anubis
17th February 2013, 21:33
Similar thing happened to the BBC sports pages a while back, I suspect to make it easier on phones and tablets. Looks a hideous mess on a normal laptop.

23rd February 2013, 18:56
I personally visited this site...
Interesting!

truefan72
23rd February 2013, 23:09
wow, its horrible

tstran17_88
24th February 2013, 17:14
I very rarely went to nascar.com in the past, but I agree the new site is just terrible. I can't find anything I'm looking for. I mostly relied on Jayski.com or racing-reference.info for stats any how.

slorydn1
25th February 2013, 08:54
Yeah the new site is an abomination. I find it interesting that the comments section at the bottom of all the articles has been down due to a "technical issue" since Thursday during the Duels. Every article had comments blasting the new site. Heck, I am paying $80 a year for Raceview and that didn't even work for the Unlimited, nor the Duels, and it wasn't working at the start of the 500 either. Then Nascar.com sent us paying customers a seperate link to bypass all the regular ways to get in and it worked like a champ then.

They definitely have some issues to be sorted out, that is for sure.

inimitablestoo
26th February 2013, 20:18
Finally found Race Rewind in order to play the Daytona 500 highlights. They've hidden that well...