PDA

View Full Version : Sweden Pickems Result now on line!

Mintexmemory
11th February 2013, 10:44
Sweden Result
Well this was a result that very few people got anywhere near predicting correctly _ rew was the winner of this round but I think should have been penalised for selecting Hirvonen as winner and not having Ogier in his top 8 ;)
2013 World Rally Championship Pickems (http://www.motorsportforums.com/pickems/calendar.php?series=rally) Results are here.

rew also takes an early lead in the overall rankings with lots of movement in the rankings.
So we have learned that the Polo is just about the best thing out there, that M-sport will probably struggle to win an event anywhere and that Citroen will be lucky to score any podiums away from tarmac, fascinating!

Rallyper
11th February 2013, 14:13
From now on I will Pickem with my brain - not with my heart... What would you say about that Hartusvuori?? ;) :p

mm1
11th February 2013, 19:42
Can only agree on this :)

Hartusvuori
11th February 2013, 20:34
Per, if you take the heart out from this, there's not much left!

(On serious note, my pickems were not at all serious.)

Mintexmemory
11th February 2013, 20:52
Per, if you take the heart out from this, there's not much left!

(On serious note, my pickems were not at all serious.)

Well now you've got several events to use your head before predicting a Finnish top 5 for NORF ;)

Portugal is a VW 1-2-3 just have to see how JML progresses in Mexico

COD
11th February 2013, 21:55
I feel like the Mikko of pickems :)

A FONDO
11th February 2013, 22:22
:laugh:

only 4 people from 150 chose Ogier for a winner :eek:

Mintexmemory
11th February 2013, 22:22

Welcome to the club!!

stefanvv
11th February 2013, 22:27
Is there Loeb on pickems at all :D

Mintexmemory
11th February 2013, 22:31
Is there Loeb on pickems at all :D

Don Jippo is quietly performing to previous levels

stefanvv
11th February 2013, 22:47
There you go COD. You have someone to transcribe from. But I guess it won't be fun

rew
11th February 2013, 23:00
I can't believe it, I'm really happy :bounce: it's only my 2nd pickem, and 1st win :eek: ...i have to say i was really lucky because i didn't pick Ogier in my top 8...but anyway i hope not to be penalised :p

see you in mexico pickems friends !!!

rayh_mx
11th February 2013, 23:07
.... just have to see how JML progresses in Mexico
Last year in Mexico JML run very quickly, even with flats tires (mmm, good tires. Loeb Dixit). Then he used the Fista like a hat before making some sensational splits in the penultimate stage, he can't run the Power Stage.

But now, it seems he's not comfortable in the Polo, looks like a pretext

We'll see

Mintexmemory
11th February 2013, 23:23
Last year in Mexico JML run very quickly, even with flats tires (mmm, good tires. Loeb Dixit). Then he used the Fista like a hat before making some sensational splits in the penultimate stage, he can't run the Power Stage.

But now, it seems he's not comfortable in the Polo, looks like a pretext

We'll see

Old saying - Form is temporary, class is permanent.

JML has come into a team where all the data and settings are for Seb and Andreas' styles. Fourth place and second on the Power Stage is improvement over Monte and where were Sordo and Hirvonen in comparison? I think this season may have a few surprises but Seb O has a big advantage.

rayh_mx
11th February 2013, 23:31
Old saying - Form is temporary, class is permanent.

JML has come into a team where all the data and settings are for Seb and Andreas' styles. Fourth place and second on the Power Stage is improvement over Monte and where were Sordo and Hirvonen in comparison? I think this season may have a few surprises but Seb O has a big advantage.

Even Seb L returns :D . BTW VW test in México... 1-2 for them? I Guess so

stefanvv
11th February 2013, 23:38
I think even Loeb can't disrupt some 1-2's for VW this year.

Mintexmemory
11th February 2013, 23:57
It isn't a foregone conclusion but the introduction of the Polo reminded me of the Porsche 917 and the Audi Quattro - meticulous planning and excellent engineering with the 2 fastest available drivers. I said last year I expected it to be competitive from the start and all the 'stories' about lack of speed were a smokescreen. Clearly Citroen didn't expect VW to be so good so quick because Sweden turned into a massive embarrassment when they clearly expected a Loeb win!

BleAivano
12th February 2013, 12:08
Probably one of my worst pickem rounds ever.

Mintexmemory
12th February 2013, 12:46
Probably one of my worst pickem rounds ever.

Which only goes to show how hard it is, trying to divorce the feelings you have for a favourite driver etc. Not believing the hype or in VW's case the lack of it. I like Ogier a lot yet most of us never expected him to perform so well which means one of 2 things. Either he was seriously being held back by Citroen or the Polo is an uber-machine. JML's performance would tend to favour the first explanation.

Rallyper
12th February 2013, 14:04
Well, until Novikov went off i had some good more points, but he discreased it all.... Also one of my worst Pickems ever...

But like you say Hartusvuori, I think I´ll go on pick with my heart!

spiderem
13th February 2013, 05:00
I have to say, this game is highly addictive!!! But thumbs up for the people managing it.
I couldn't find myself on the general standing, until I remembered that there was a second page for position 100 and beyond lol... nice to see that i am not last, but lost 19 positions since MC :/
E viva Mexico!

A.F.F.
17th February 2013, 00:03
Well now you've got several events to use your head before predicting a Finnish top 5 for NORF ;)

Portugal is a VW 1-2-3 just have to see how JML progresses in Mexico

There use to be a time when Hartusvuori's way of making pickems for NORF was the way to score. I got #1 position one year and I had seven Finns and Galli in my pickems :D