PDA

View Full Version : F1 Pickems 2013

Mark
7th February 2013, 10:17
Pickems as usual will start 2 weeks before the first race, which means this year the thread for the Australian Grand Prix will open on the 1st March.

I'm very pleased to announce that there will be a prize this year for the pickems champion!

We've teamed up with Haynes Publishing to offer a fantastic book as prize the winner. Motorsport Greats in Conversation by Simon Taylor. This book presents in-depth interviews with 24 motor sport greats , all characters with a story to tell. The idea was to get them to suggest their favourite pub or restaurant for a good meal and a half-decent bottle, and gently prod them into opening up their memories and opinions with frank and honest insights about themselves, about the people they d known and worked with, and about the people they d raced against. The result is a compelling read, beautifully crafted by one of Britain's top motor sport writers. In it you'll find conversations from Chris Amon, Mario Andretti, Derek Bell, Ross Brawn, David Coulthard, Emerson Fittipaldi, Dario Franchitti, Andy Gree, Dan Gurney, Damon Hill, Christian Horner, Jacky Ickx, Alan Jones, Nigel Mansell, Gordon Murray, Roger Penske, Jo Ramirez, Brian Redman, Keke Rosberg, Roy Salvadori, Jody Scheckter, Hans Stuck, Sid Watkins and Tom Wheatcroft!

Amazon link : Motor Sport Greats...in conversation: Amazon.co.uk: Simon Taylor: Books (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motor-Sport-Greats-conversation-Taylor/dp/0857332503/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360232064&sr=8-1)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dUZtr9%2BUL._SL500_.jpg

Tazio
7th February 2013, 11:11
Very cool Mark! I guess I'm going to have to actually start putting some effort into my picks now. ;)
Will I be responsible for internatinal shipping costs? :confused: :D

N. Jones
8th February 2013, 00:40
Sweet.

One question though:

When does the "Autralian Grand Prix" start?

:D

Firstgear
8th February 2013, 18:57
Jeez N. Jones, seeing you in this thread had me excited for a minute. I thought you'd be trying to garner some more interest in the FGP by one-upping Mark by maybe offering a pair of tickets to this year's USGP or something like that. You know....seeing as the trophy went missing a few years ago. :p

airshifter
8th February 2013, 19:33
Jeez N. Jones, seeing you in this thread had me excited for a minute. I thought you'd be trying to garner some more interest in the FGP by one-upping Mark by maybe offering a pair of tickets to this year's USGP or something like that. You know....seeing as the trophy went missing a few years ago. :p

I thought I had remembered a trophy... glad it's not just me!

Tazio
8th February 2013, 19:45
Really Mr. Jones I think that at this point if you can't at least match Mark with a modest material reward the result will be catastrophic for Anglo-American relations in this forum. Do you really want that on your conscience, do you? :s tare:

steveaki13
8th February 2013, 22:44
Surely Mark wouldn't want to be outdone, by FGP. Whats his next prize bid? This could get interesting by the end of the season.

The winner could end up with an all expense paid trip to the Monaco GP 2014.

Bagwan
9th February 2013, 13:42
I thought I had remembered a trophy... glad it's not just me!

There were two trophies , for the two competitions here .

If there was a sponsor , there could be new ones every year .

This was my 6,000th post .
I should get a trophy .

Tazio
9th February 2013, 14:11
I should get a trophy . Congrats my man, I agree 6,000 is a good round number. Every member should get one for that kind of loyalty, and trophies should be awarded retroactively :s ailor:

http://i.imgur.com/ciS8DC0.jpg

Classic F1 Race USGP turn #15 CotA :s tareup:

N. Jones
9th February 2013, 20:14
:laugh:

These posts are great.

I have to admit I have been thinking of a trophy for FGP lately. My only problem is - would anyone trust me if I asked for their home address?

steveaki13
9th February 2013, 22:22

These posts are great.

I have to admit I have been thinking of a trophy for FGP lately. My only problem is - would anyone trust me if I asked for their home address?

Surely we would have a fancy dinner and award ceremony to collect it.

Hopefully in December after everyones forgot about the result.

Tazio
10th February 2013, 00:04
Surely we would have a fancy dinner and award ceremony to collect it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYvr4k06Wkg

airshifter
10th February 2013, 01:18

I should get a trophy .

The FGP trophy I recall was made by a forum member... at least if I recall correctly.

Why not trophies, celebrations, dinners, etc on Mark? It's his forum... he should pay! :laugh:

Bagwan
10th February 2013, 13:33

These posts are great.

Would you trust a trophy maker with your address , as they'd have to send it to you first , wouldn't they ?

Bagwan
10th February 2013, 13:43
The FGP trophy I recall was made by a forum member... at least if I recall correctly.

Why not trophies, celebrations, dinners, etc on Mark? It's his forum... he should pay! :laugh:

You recall correctly .

But , in F1 , trophies are paid for by sponsors , like Vodaphone .

N. Jones
16th February 2013, 15:39

I should get a trophy .

YOU should just concentrate on rejoining FGP! :D
Your posts always made me laugh.

airshifter
16th February 2013, 18:00
YOU should just concentrate on rejoining FGP! :D
Your posts always made me laugh.

Fear of being terribly beaten by most other teams is keeping him away. :laugh:

P.S. If that were the case I probably wouldn't have a team myself. ;)