PDA

View Full Version : World Superbike and Supersport entry lists released

patnicholls
4th February 2013, 11:39
Here we are:

World Superbike provisional entry lists released | Bikesport News | News (http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=World-Superbike-provisional-entry-lists-released&newsid=8633)

Obviously with no Fantasy League to run this year I don't have to figure out where I think EVERYONE will come in the championship to do any prices.

Superbike: initial thoughts are that Tom Sykes starts as favourite, with the BMWs and Aprilias looking the next most likely and the Panigale a work-in-progress for now. Hopefully PATA Honda (Ten Kate) will be on it with both riders as Leon Haslam deserves a bit of luck. Would love to see Neukirchner back on the pace but it seems more likely he'll be down with the Pedercini bikes, Iannuzzo and Ivan Clementi - I hope I'm wrong. A shame about the small field, Dorna will need to address this going forward.

Supersport is a brilliant entry list, a very healthy state of affairs. The Mahi team look like the strongest lineup with Kenan and Fabien, although they unfairly dropped Dan Linfoot (who took a brilliant podium at Magny-Cours) and Florian Marino after announcing them both for this year, they deserve better treatment. The other Kawasaki teams will also be strong: Kev Coghlan has a great ride with the Lorenzini crew hopefully still having decent support, Scassa and Salom is a strong pairing and Intermoto Pony Express is the best team name I've ever heard. I rate Andrea Antonelli as a bit of a dark horse for some solid results. Lowes, van der Mark, Morais, Baldolini and maybe Talmacsi are the rest of the guys who'll be up in the top ten. It would be nice to see the Suzukis and MVs in the mix but it may be a stretch, although there's solid enough riders aboard and the rookie on the lone Triumph (huh? - British Supersport is full of them) is sadly likely to struggle. Jack Kennedy's progress will be interesting, effectively replacing Jed Metcher [now racing in Germany I think] who did well last year at Rivamoto but with a Honda to play with.

chac47
4th February 2013, 19:41
I read on crash.net that 29 year old Manuel Poggiali who was a 125 and 250 world champion has come out of retirement and will ride a Ducati Panigale (subject to funding and sponsors) in the Italian Superbike Championship. I hope he does well and maybe we'll see him in WSBK in 2014

25th February 2013, 18:16
Interesting...I agreed!

sunita1211
20th March 2013, 08:34
Hi there!!!

the Panigale 1199 will make its World Superbike debut this year after a disappointing 2012
with the arrival of the new 1199 Panigale R, the bike with which Carlos Checa will fight for the 2013 World Superbike title.

essie
30th April 2013, 14:56
would be good to see this happen!!

essie
30th April 2013, 14:57
absolutely stunning bike hoping its got the performance to do the job

essie
30th April 2013, 14:58
entries were looking a little thin to begin with but some great racing so far top stuff!!