PDA

View Full Version : Dario looking for a new ride....

EagleEye
30th January 2013, 03:01
Best decision he has made (along with going signing with Ganassi) by getting rid of the anchor known as Ashley Judd. He'll be a much happier man!!

Spafranco
30th January 2013, 03:25
Are you saying they are separated? Getting a divorce? What and where did you hear this?

call_me_andrew
30th January 2013, 04:11
Ashley Judd, Dario Franchitti announce separation | Names & Faces | Detroit Free Press | freep.com (http://www.freep.com/article/20130129/ENT07/130129113/1035/rss04)

There goes our sex appeal.

keysersoze
1st February 2013, 01:49
Oh goodie. Let's celebrate a divorce.

EE, over the years I've always respected you as an insider and a fountain of wisdom. but you are much better than this.

call_me_andrew
2nd February 2013, 03:13
Some reporters have speculated if Ashley Judd is only divorcing Dario to help her run for Senate.

There's something I never thought I'd say.

rjbetty
2nd February 2013, 03:27
This is sad to read. I remember them getting hitched in 2001 - they seemed great together.

EagleEye
3rd February 2013, 19:31
Your right, and apologies. I let my personal hate for her politics get in the way. Thankfully, they do not have kids which would make it a harder situation for the family.

mtrot
12th February 2013, 01:12
I also can't stand her political bent, but they did seem like a great couple, and Dario has mostly been a class act in his career, so I wish them well. I just got so tired of hearing her go on about his competitiveness, while reaping the benefits of the free enterprise system, but also advocating for expanding nanny government.

gerkebi
13th February 2013, 16:20
I've never much liked her after running into her at Cleveland one year (where she reduced my 13 year old daughter to tears yelling at her that she couldn't wouldn't shouldn't have to sign an autograph) and then again at Indy. Our motorhome was adjacent to the Judd's and whereby Wynonna came out and partied with us, Ashley would only speak through the window to VIP's. She never appeared friendly to common folk at these events.

BDunnell
13th February 2013, 16:50
How sad that American politics should have become so absurdly polarised as to merit irrelevant comment in a non-related thread.

EagleEye
13th February 2013, 17:57
True, excpet when you consider that Ms. Judd has used her celebrity status to openly push her left-wing political agenda. I belive the comment is quite relevent as that seems to be what drove them apart.

garyshell
13th February 2013, 18:13
as that seems to be what drove them apart.

Based on what? I've not seen any speculation to this effect anywhere. Not saying it isn't true, just the first I have heard of it.

Gary

EagleEye
13th February 2013, 18:17
Based on what? I've not seen any speculation to this effect anywhere. Not saying it isn't true, just the first I have heard of it.

Gary

But, some of his close freinds (other drivers) have indicated this was one of the issues.

garyshell
13th February 2013, 18:33
But, some of his close freinds (other drivers) have indicated this was one of the issues.

Was it the agenda or the fact she was pursuing the agenda?

Gary

BDunnell
13th February 2013, 20:49
True, excpet when you consider that Ms. Judd has used her celebrity status to openly push her left-wing political agenda.

So what? That's her prerogative.

I belive the comment is quite relevent as that seems to be what drove them apart.

I would argue that expressing hatred for those views is utterly irrelevant. And, if it is what drove them apart, whose business is this but their own?

EagleEye
13th February 2013, 22:14
So what? That's her prerogative.

It is also our preogative to express ourselves, in support of, or in this case, against, her views.

EagleEye
13th February 2013, 22:17
One driver indicated to me that Dario was not comfortable with her expressing some of her political views in such a public manor. He likes to keep such things quiet, and my guess he is less of an activist.

EagleEye
13th February 2013, 22:21
Was it the agenda or the fact she was pursuing the agenda?

Gary

One driver indicated to me that Dario was not comfortable with her expressing her political views in such a public manor. He likes to keep such things quiet, and my guess he is less of an activist. I'm not sure if he supports her views or not, but there are other rumors in some of the tabloids (great reading at he gym!) that she has political aspirations.

garyshell
13th February 2013, 22:24
Before this degrades into an us vs. them politcal discussion, I'll remind everyone that this is the Indycar forum and ask you all to please keep your political opinions out of the replies here or take them to the chit chat portion of the forums here.

Gary

EagleEye
13th February 2013, 22:25
Ashley Judd Splits with Dario Franchitti: Friends Saw Tension : People.com (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20670191,00.html)

People magazines take...

garyshell
13th February 2013, 22:27
One driver indicated to me that Dario was not comfortable with her expressing her political views in such a public manor. He likes to keep such things quiet, and my guess he is less of an activist. I'm not sure if he supports her views or not, but there are other rumors in some of the tabloids (great reading at he gym!) that she has political aspirations.

The rumors have been pretty widely publicized about her possibly running for office. In keeping with my own admonishments above I'll keep my opinion on that to myself. But I hadn't heard anything about that being a source of friction between Ashley and Dario.

Gary

DBell
14th February 2013, 15:09
The rumors have been pretty widely publicized about her possibly running for office. In keeping with my own admonishments above I'll keep my opinion on that to myself. But I hadn't heard anything about that being a source of friction between Ashley and Dario.

Gary

My wife buys the entertainment rags and I saw an article last weekend in Star that quoted a "source" as saying the big issue between them was that Dario wanted to settle down to a quiet life with kids after racing while Ashley wanted it to be about career, politics, and activism. Dario was dead set against a political life and Ashley wasn't interested in having kids.

I don't put any stock into the tabloids, so take the above with a grain of salt. But it rings true as growing apart and wanting to take life in different directions is what breaks up most couples.

BDunnell
14th February 2013, 15:37
It is also our preogative to express ourselves, in support of, or in this case, against, her views.

I am imagining that you would have not the slightest problem were she expressing right-wing political views. Instead, because they're not, you'd rather she didn't push forward her agenda. Am I right?

EagleEye
14th February 2013, 15:49
I am imagining that you would have not the slightest problem were she expressing right-wing political views. Instead, because they're not, you'd rather she didn't push forward her agenda. Am I right?

I do not like ANYONE from Hollywood using their "star" status to push their agenda, right or left.

Starter
14th February 2013, 17:25
I do not like ANYONE from Hollywood using their "star" status to push their agenda, right or left.
Agree. That went for Heston on the right as well as all the far left so called "stars". Just because you can sing, run fast or act does NOT make your opinion on any other subject more relevant that mine, my next door neighbor's or the lady who lives across town. Given many of their off stage behaviors, they are even less qualified to be heeded than I.

anthonyvop
15th February 2013, 21:57

Everybody says that and yet there they are. Being pushed to the forefront by campaign managers and marketers alike. It isn't like celebrities or sports stars are used to sell products.

Please note the Sarcasm!!!

call_me_andrew
16th February 2013, 03:22

Disagree. If you have an opinion, you might as well share it. Everyone on the internet already does.

BDunnell
17th February 2013, 11:36

Why should they be prevented from expressing an opinion like anybody else?

keysersoze
17th February 2013, 21:11
How sad that American politics should have become so absurdly polarised as to merit irrelevant comment in a non-related thread.

How absurd that you turned a sad topic into ANOTHER opportunity to take pot shots at the USA. First, the Sandy Hook gun tragedy, now this.

Trust us--we get it that you don't like our country. I suggest we start a thread in Chit Chat devoted solely to your anathema toward us. That way I don't have to accidentally stumble upon it.

BDunnell
17th February 2013, 21:55
How absurd that you turned a sad topic into ANOTHER opportunity to take pot shots at the USA. First, the Sandy Hook gun tragedy, now this.

Trust us--we get it that you don't like our country. I suggest we start a thread in Chit Chat devoted solely to your anathema toward us. That way I don't have to accidentally stumble upon it.

Utter nonsense. I have no dislike for your country whatsoever, so enough of the victim mentality. The notion of disliking an entire country is an absurd one. I don't even think it's an especially controversial statement to say that American politics have become overly polarised, and this strikes me as highly relevant to the matter in hand.

keysersoze
17th February 2013, 23:11
Utter nonsense. I have no dislike for your country whatsoever, so enough of the victim mentality. The notion of disliking an entire country is an absurd one. I don't even think it's an especially controversial statement to say that American politics have become overly polarised, and this strikes me as highly relevant to the matter in hand.

Victim mentality. Yes, you like to trot out that one when you cannot defend yourself. This is a divorce thread, not a politics thread. You piggy-backed on unsubstantiated comments in The Star (gossip rag) to condemn our government, which you did in the Sandy Hook thread. But not only did you disparage American domestic politics (which was on-topic in that thread) you also felt a need to express your disdain of American international politics--which was off-topic.

About disliking an entire country: let's not resort to semantics--you know what I meant. I'm reasonably certain you could find something to like here, but I've never seen you post about it, so I concluded that you don't much like this country. Prove me wrong.

BDunnell
17th February 2013, 23:42
Victim mentality. Yes, you like to trot out that one when you cannot defend yourself. This is a divorce thread, not a politics thread. You piggy-backed on unsubstantiated comments in The Star (gossip rag) to condemn our government, which you did in the Sandy Hook thread. But not only did you disparage American domestic politics (which was on-topic in that thread) you also felt a need to express your disdain of American international politics--which was off-topic.

Others started going on about politics, in as much as they expressed the view that the political views of one party in the divorce case were highly relevant to said story. Thus, they are relevant to the thread and related discussion. If you read my posts properly, you'll see that in no way have I commented on the veracity of the newspaper claims as to the reasons for the divorce; rather, I was remarking unfavourably on certain comments in this thread. Others, you will note, have agreed.

And I will continue to be disparaging about US policy whenever I feel it's justified and germane. Such is the nature of free expression.

About disliking an entire country: let's not resort to semantics--you know what I meant. I'm reasonably certain you could find something to like here, but I've never seen you post about it, so I concluded that you don't much like this country. Prove me wrong.

No semantics involved here at all. Just because every post relating to the US isn't an intimate paean of praise doesn't mean to say I don't much like the country. Unfortunately, my negative views tend to be the ones that get confirmed more often than not on these forums.

Starter
18th February 2013, 02:22
And I will continue to be disparaging about US policy whenever I feel it's justified and germane.
Which from you is pretty much 24/7/365.

Others started going on about politics, in as much as they expressed the view that the political views of one party in the divorce case were highly relevant to said story. Thus, they are relevant to the thread and related discussion.
Also, just went back and checked the posts in the thread. Thirty one of them, counting yours, and only a couple had any political content at all. A few referred to her wanting to run for office and it being opposed to Dario's wish for a quieter life - hardly rampant political expression. As usual, you have misrepresented things in order to justify your desire to trash all things either American or less than very left wing politically.

garyshell
18th February 2013, 07:33
Gentlemen,

I have deleted a handful of messages in this thread. I warned folks earlier that I will NOT let this thread deteriorate into a political discussion. It had started to do just that and I have acted on my warning. To be clear some of the messages I deleted were admonishments to the posters involved but were deleted too, since there was no longer any context.

Gary