PDA

View Full Version : Sauber takes early lead for donkey of the year...

dj_bytedisaster
29th January 2013, 15:35
There is no other way to put it. Sauber must have gone completely bonkers. Newly hired test driver Frijns revealed that he is disappointed and unsure of what the heck he was hired for after the team told him that he won't drive in the winter tests and not in friday practices. On top of that Sauber doesn't have a Simulator.

So let me ask, me Swiss friends. Why the duck do you hire a test drivist only for him to not drive anything? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

Big Ben
30th January 2013, 09:48
I think Sauber are fools to have hired a cab driver or whatever this guy is for a test driver. He obviously isn't up to date with Formula 1 and doesn't have a clue what a test driver is these days.

AndyL
30th January 2013, 10:43
It would make sense if they had hired a cab driver. At least he could do a bit of minicabbing on the side to keep himself busy. But this kid Frijns has an exceptional record in lower formulae and it seems quite a waste to hire him to do nothing. I hope they at least put him out "on loan" to a team in some other series.

Koz
30th January 2013, 13:25
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't this the same fellow who was whining that RBR treats their drivers like dogs and he would never ever race for Red Bull AFTER he tested for them a few months ago?

RS
30th January 2013, 13:39
I do think it is about time something is done about test drivers; like making P1 at Grand Prix weekends for test drivers only for example.

Even if you sign one guy at the moment who gets a go on Fridays there is not a level playing field so by doing so you are only disadvantaging one of your race drivers. Enforcing this would also mean that third drivers are race ready should they need to be called up.

truefan72
30th January 2013, 17:57
I do think it is about time something is done about test drivers; like making P1 at Grand Prix weekends for test drivers only for example.

Even if you sign one guy at the moment who gets a go on Fridays there is not a level playing field so by doing so you are only disadvantaging one of your race drivers. Enforcing this would also mean that third drivers are race ready should they need to be called up.

good idea