PDA

View Full Version : New Commodore (Chevy SS) Spied Testing

Rollo
22nd January 2013, 23:21
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BA6qUHhCcAACFm1.jpg

This came via Holden Motorsport and considering that the 2014 Chevrolet SS will be the 2013 Holden Commodore VF but with the only engine choice of the 6.2L V8, we'll be looking at these things hitting showrooms in Australia on Feb 16.
Incidentally the VF Commodore is expected to be the last significant update before production in Australia ceases in late 2016, with the replacement being all but confirmed as being built in Argentina.
I have had it confirmed by someone this morning that the total expected build for the Chevrolet SS will be only 6000 a year, which means to suggest that in 2016. The replacement will be coming from Argentina and probably receiving final assembly in Dearborn.

MAX_THRUST
25th January 2013, 09:05
Is GM trying to make NASCAR and Aussie V8's compatible or will the Aussie V8s stay as four door saloons? Not able to keep that up to date with Aussie V8s any more.

Rollo
31st January 2013, 22:40
NASCAR bears no relation to the roadgoing cars at all save for some stickers front and rear. V8Supercars in Australia will still be four door saloons "based" on their roadgoing counterparts but again, they bear little true relation at all.

I'm looking at styling cues on the front of the Chevy SS which almost certainly will be the Holden Commodore VF but in LHD.

call_me_andrew
3rd February 2013, 03:45
NASCAR is going back to "stock" hoods this year. I use quotes because while it will match the stock shape, it will be made of carbon fiber.

Rollo
15th February 2013, 05:08
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-Holden-Commodore-SSV.jpg

Finally this morning, the Holden Commodore SS-V or if you will the Chevrolet SS. The 6.2L V8 has been confirmed for US release, producing a pretty paltry 407hp; probably because the Corvette gets 450hp. The official release is tomorrow the 16th.

slorydn1
15th February 2013, 17:56
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/2014-Holden-Commodore-SSV.jpg

Finally this morning, the Holden Commodore SS-V or if you will the Chevrolet SS. The 6.2L V8 has been confirmed for US release, producing a pretty paltry 407hp; probably because the Corvette gets 450hp. The official release is tomorrow the 16th.

Oh, I don't think I would call 407 hp paltry. The Mustang GT I have sitting in my garage is "only" 412hp and it absolutely flies :D

Yeah, I know, my car is lighter. But the GM 6.2 is brings alot of torque to the table, and if GM keeps the weight at the Camaro level or slightly below than the SS won't feel slow by a long shot. I will say that the car in the picture is 100 times better looking than the cartoon character that the Camaro has become :p :

MAX_THRUST
22nd February 2013, 00:12
I had a Vauxhall Omega.....2 ltr 16V, auto......No power but I still had fun getting the tail on occasions, not always intentionally. Big heavy car, loved it and miss still would love the big Aussie V8 version. The newer cars seem smaller than the old Commodores?

25th February 2013, 18:18
Looking sounds good...awesome.
Love it!!!