PDA

View Full Version : CWS RAF launch

cgs
3rd April 2007, 16:54
just got back from the Spirit of Adventure launch at Whitehall. the cars look amazing! i'll be posting a video report in the next few days, so look out for it.

71minus2
3rd April 2007, 18:26
I was also there helping (well I hope I was!!) CGS with his video. I took a few pictures of the cars, drivers, the jet and the laydeees!

http://rides.webshots.com/album/558496406wwyRRg

The 2 cars look fantastic and deserve credit just for looking so damn good. It was nice to chat to Colin and Hunter as well as meeting Keith who is a top bloke.

Enjoy the pictures.

Richard.

hicksy
3rd April 2007, 18:35
Wow. Hunter's car looks great, but Colins car looks fantastic. Well done Richard for getting the pictures up so quickly. Look forward to seing Keith's Video too.

Sticker Rub
3rd April 2007, 19:18
Nice. Possibly the 2 best paint jobs ever seen on an ASCAR.

What's the significance of the FPA car?

71minus2
3rd April 2007, 19:22
A quick flick to Matt Hamiltons website as I was unsure too.

"This week saw the launch of the Formula Palmer Audi Series for 2007. All the drivers were in attendance at the Bedford Autodrome with their cars resplendent in their new liveries. All 22 drivers managed to shake down their cars, in readiness for the first Round of the Championship at Silverstone on Easter Saturday, 7th April.

Matts car was in the colours of his new sponsors, Sier Group He is also receiving support from the Royal Air Force Spirit of Adventure.

Matt was amongst the quickest in the test session, one of four drivers to smash the existing lap record.

'The session was mainly to bed the car in, and initially I had one or two problems getting comfortable' said Matt. 'However, I was really pleased to be this quick once we got things sorted in the cockpit. I feel extremely confident going to Silverstone next week, as it was my strongest round in Formula BMW last year.'

Matt has one more date in his diary before he races at Silverstone. On Tuesday 3rd April, Matt is taking his car to the official launch of the RAF Spirit of Adventure, exhibiting at Horseguards Parade adjacent to Whitehall in Central London. His car will be on display adjacent to an RAF Harrier Jump jet, and Matt will be giving interviews to the National TV and press."

Regards

Richard

turn 4 mad
3rd April 2007, 19:54
Nice. Possibly the 2 best paint jobs ever seen on an ASCAR.

What's the significance of the FPA car?

as far as i know they were not painted but used the new style vehicle wrap which is a printed vinyl sheet dropped onto the car in one piece and then creased out.

71minus2
3rd April 2007, 20:09
as far as i know they were not painted but used the new style vehicle wrap which is a printed vinyl sheet dropped onto the car in one piece and then creased out.

yes they are wraps on both cars.

Pit Kid
3rd April 2007, 20:24
Surely if they crash or have rubs on the car they would have to replace the whole wrap..... am i right or do they have some kit of particular sticks to place over the wrap in those circumstances?

JovialJooles
3rd April 2007, 20:30
Those wraps are amazing, I hadn't realised they'd made their way over the pond...

The cars look great!

cgs
3rd April 2007, 20:45
i was told they don't have any spare wraps. they might make new ones if they need them but i guess thats one bridge they'll have to cross if they come to it.

Old Stock Nut
3rd April 2007, 21:19
Didn't have a pass to get inside the fence, so these pics had to be taken from the outside. That rear end on Colin's car must rank as the best one on either side of the pond - if ever he manages to light the afterburner (Batmobile style), watch out everybody
Pics at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/brian-hunt/photogallery/scsa2007/index.htm

Reynard
3rd April 2007, 22:41
Wish I could have gone, but have been sat at home nursing a truly spectacular cold that I seem to have picked up while at Cam Cat on Saturday.

All being well, normal service should be resumed for rookie training later in the week... In the meantime, I'll need to take out shares in Kleenex

Chigley
3rd April 2007, 22:50
Thanks to CWS I managed to "acquire" a media pass and these are my non professional efforts from inside and outside the fenceline.

CWS Spirit of Adventure Launch 2007 (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/CWS%20Spirit%20of%20Adventure%20Launch%202007/?)

The wraps are breathtaking I initially thought they were excellent spray jobs. Whoa betide the first culprit to skim the wall ;)

Enjoy. :)
Ian

pickup
3rd April 2007, 23:51
Think that needs a password !

Chigley
4th April 2007, 00:07
Ooops try that, please let me know if there's still a problem

pickup
4th April 2007, 00:18
Working OK now.
Nice pics Ian cars look really good.
Was there much of a turnout can't see many people about?
Is that Rory Underwood in the photos?

Al_Green
4th April 2007, 00:21
They look mighty impressive, can't wait to get a look at them in the flesh, so to speak.

Team required to run a car this year: Driver, spotter, crew chief, spanner men, touch-up artist... :D

Al

Chigley
4th April 2007, 00:27
No, mainly just Joe Public who were sight seeing in the area, although there appeared to be quite a few press and TV people about. Rockingham, SCSA and BRSCC were well represented so we should soon get some decent coverage. As someone who is ex RAF and totally unbiased to SCSA ;) it appeared to me as though it was good of the RAF to support a SCSA sponsor launch ?

Yes it was Rory Underwood as the public face of the RAF, as they (RAF) are trying to bring themselves closer to the public, that is the aim of "Spirit of Adventure" and one hell of a coup for CWS. :)

Chigley
4th April 2007, 00:30
Al, the thing that pleased me was that the main view we get of the cars i.e. full face on or rear on, are totally different so no frantic peering to glimpse a number hurtling underneath us.

PS spoke to Drew and he has (?) the shirt situation in hand for all the team. ?

corbygal
4th April 2007, 02:53
Both cars look amazing! Really looking forward to the new season starting now. Love the rear end of Colin's car. Can't wait to see the video Keith!

FBanfi
5th April 2007, 17:04
They indeed look good (not sure about the numbers, but that's a minor point), but if I were Hunter I'd be worried: having a target on the rear left corner of the car can't be good! :D