PDA

View Full Version : Remember that Panoz spyshot that everyone thought may be a new Indycar....

Giuseppe F1
3rd April 2007, 14:39
...that Panoz single seater car that was snapped in the Panoz Elan workshop during the deliveries of the first Panoz champcars, which starting tongues wagging that this may be infact be a Panoz IndyCar as the car featured an engine-cover/roll-hoop air intake..... well, ......turns out its for this new 'Premier 1' type formula due in 2008 aiming to capture audiences comprising both fans of F1 and international football (soccer).

With F1, ChampCar, IndyCar, A1 GP and GP Masters, I really see NO NEED for yet another series pitched at the top end of the single-seater ladder - Hope it fizzles out before it begins to be honest:

SUPERLEAGUE FORMULA

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=30935

Giuseppe F1
3rd April 2007, 15:02
The AC Milan Superleague Formula car launch:

http://www.pitpass.com/images/headlines/superleaguecaracmilan400.jpg

Engines will be 750hp, 4.2 ltr V12s!!!

One thing I am intruiged by, when regarding the ongoing F1 customer car debate and the continued cries for American themed F1 teams/chassis, I am intruiged that Panoz are now involved with the production of European/F1 esque single-seater chassis.

Could this mean that down the line, Panoz will start building up the technologies, competences and resource with which to be in a position to build an F1 chassis for new teams wishing to enter the sport in the way that both Dallara (Honda, Midland) and Lola (Super Aguri) have been approached in recent years? This point excites me, yet considering that A1 and GP Masters, although now established and enjoyable, arent the F1 beaters casual viewers and media may have built them up to be, I cant see this 'Superleague Formula' taking off

O&A Virus
3rd April 2007, 15:46
Much nicer looking car than the one currently in use in A1GP, but concepts sound familiar (replace countries with soccer/football clubs).

O&A Virus
3rd April 2007, 15:47
Much nicer looking car than the one currently in use in A1GP, but concepts sound familiar (replace countries with soccer/football clubs).

If nothing else, it'll the Versteppens, Enges, Yoongs and Hallidays of the world employed for a few more years.

Hayden Fan
3rd April 2007, 20:17
The series will fail. Remeber Preimer 1? And Halliday is in CC.

Alexamateo
3rd April 2007, 22:03
If nothing else, it'll the Versteppens, Enges, Yoongs and Hallidays of the world employed for a few more years.

Speaking of Enge, he was injured in the ALMS race at St. Pete this weekend.
Prognosis is ok but he'll have a while for recovery, I also guess there won't be any one-off at Indy this year either.

TOMAS ENGE SURGERY SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY AT METHODIST HOSPITAL IN INDIANAPOLIS

Tomas Enge (a native of the Czech Republic living in Monaco) will undergo surgery to repair his broken left elbow on Friday, April 6. The Petersen Motorsports/White Lightning Racing driver, who was injured in an accident while leading the GT2 class at the Sports Car Challenge at St. Petersburg American Le Mans Series race, will travel from Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, Fla. to Indianapolis, Ind. for the surgery. Due to a partially collapsed lung, Enge cannot be transported by air. Therefore, the four-time American Le Mans Series race winner will travel in team owner Michael Petersen's motorhome to Indianapolis.
Following the 24 hour drive from Florida to Indiana, Enge is scheduled to arrive in Indianapolis on Thursday, April 5. He will then be admitted to Methodist Hospital and will have his first face-to-face visit with Dr. Terry Trammell. Trammell, the renowned orthopedic surgeon who has helped scores of professional race drivers return to the cockpit after serious injury, has reviewed Enge's X-Rays and is preparing for the surgery. Once the surgical procedures have been completed, Enge will remain in Indianapolis for rehabilitation.
Despite what is, at times, overpowering soreness from the impact, Enge's spirits and attitude remain high. He is excited about moving on to the next level of his rehabilitation and ultimate homecoming with the Dale White-managed team. He will return to the No. 31 MMPIE/PAWS/Petersen Holdings/Michelin Ferrari F430 GT upon the clearance of Dr. Trammell.
Additional information will be made available following Friday's surgery or as events warrant.
Electronic well wishes are welcome and can be sent to Tom@PetersenMotorsports.com (Tom@PetersenMotorsports.com) and will be forwarded to Enge.
Quotes
Tomas Enge: "The first thing I want to say is how much I appreciate everything that everyone has done for me. The doctors and nurses here at Bayfront have been very good to me. The American Le Mans Series, IMSA and the whole Petersen/White Lightning team have been here since the first moment and helped take care of all the details. I have had so many people call and email that it will take me time to respond to everyone but it is very nice to have so many people care. Panoz and Panther Racing even offered me the use of their jets. It means a lot to me. I can't even say how much it means. We are working with Indianapolis Medical Center and Dr. Trammell. We will have the surgery there because I want to be in the best hands of the best people. They know the race car drivers. I will leave here today and I am ready to get on to the next step to get back into the car. Otherwise, I am still in quite big pain but everything is going fine. Hopefully the surgery will be good and we'll be back on the track as soon as possible."