PDA

View Full Version : Andy neate leaves triple 8

Mykweb
28th November 2012, 11:49
Seen this on Facebook.

andy neate has left mg. leaving a place open for a new driver at mg, or possibily 2 new drivers. It has been said that mg might run 3 cars next year.

it will be sad to see him go, but i think mg will be glad they don't have to take a spare truck to each race meet just to repair his car.

I would like to see Paul o'neil or another proven race driver help MG compete with Honda.

ATF
28th November 2012, 13:18
Seen this on Facebook.

andy neate has left mg. leaving a place open for a new driver at mg, or possibily 2 new drivers. It has been said that mg might run 3 cars next year.

it will be sad to see him go, but i think mg will be glad they don't have to take a spare truck to each race meet just to repair his car.

I would like to see Paul o'neil or another proven race driver help MG compete with Honda.

Get another top name in the team - Thompson, Giovanardi, Turkington to name a few...

Tommy GC
28th November 2012, 14:54
Get another top name in the team - Thompson, Giovanardi, Turkington to name a few...

Yes but what is that going to do with MG and Triple 8's funding, it has been suggested here and other forums that Andy's funding was crucial to the team on the grid and that MG manufacturer funding is not like that of Vauxhall or Seat in the past! I think we all would be delighted to see any of those in a Triple 8 MG - all driven for them before - not sure what Jason would say and I the Turks / relationship only lasted one year (2005) didn't it?

Allyc85
28th November 2012, 18:17
Maybe the loss of points out weighs the funding? Neate was extreamly poor last year (again!) so I doubt the team are that bothered! I do know that a few of the other drivers will be extreamly dissapointed to read that he wants to stay in the championship!

I dont think it will be O'neil as Speedworks are looking for another driver to go along side him. Newsham and Lea Wood are testing for them tomorrow.

Iain
28th November 2012, 18:45
the Turks / relationship only lasted one year (2005) didn't it?

And Ian Harrison said a few times that he regretted letting him go.

Has to be somebody with serious cash behind them, which means it won't be anybody we really want to see.

MAX_THRUST
29th November 2012, 00:12
Lets be honest Neate was shocking all year, in a car that was challenging for the title. Where did he finnish? Glad he's gone, let shope MG get a good racer in the car to support Plato or challenge Plato for the title.

I am evil Homer
29th November 2012, 09:42
That someone of Turkington's talent has sat on the sofa for most of this year is a sad indication of how poor the BTCC has become. If MG can run three cars get Turks in one and a pay driver in the other...two strong drivers will help them take the fight to Honda.

BDunnell
29th November 2012, 14:52
That someone of Turkington's talent has sat on the sofa for most of this year is a sad indication of how poor the BTCC has become.

One might suggest it doesn't say much for the WTCC, either. All the same goes for the way in which Thompson and Giovanardi have been left on the sidelines.

BDunnell
29th November 2012, 14:53
Has to be somebody with serious cash behind them, which means it won't be anybody we really want to see.

If MG ever seriously want to win the manufacturers' championship, it at least has to be someone better.

Iain
29th November 2012, 17:06
If MG ever seriously want to win the manufacturers' championship, it at least has to be someone better.

I honestly don't think they do. The team's too focused around one driver.

JasonPotato
29th November 2012, 19:55
If the BTCC is to attract big names again it needs a overhaul. Alan Gow out for starters and get rid of all these stupid gimmicks and just let them race!

Would be good to see all the names mentioned above to come back but unlikely.

Alfa Fan
2nd December 2012, 14:38
So Neate has now done 3 seasons with 3 of the biggest teams in touring cars, West Surrey Racing, Arena Motorsport and Triple Eight - and none of them have been good enough for him....he's now bought an RML built car for next season. When is he going to accept that he needs to look inwards for his struggles?

Tixy54
3rd December 2012, 14:26
Andy Neates funding maybe only repaired his own car after he'd used it like a dodgem car