PDA

View Full Version : True Privateer Championship

Alfa Fan
2nd April 2007, 23:29
As I did in 2006, I've decided to keep scores for the true privateers.

I have decided to exclude West Surrey Racing and Motorbase Performance on top of Team Dynamics, SEAT and Vauxhall.

1 #21 Adam Jones GR Motorsport SEAT Toledo Cupra 39
2 #48 Matt Jackson Jackson Motorsport BMW 320is E90 30
3 #77 Mike Jordan Team Eurotech Honda Integra DC05 26
4 #15 Martyn Bell Geoff Steel Racing BMW 320i E46 22
5 #43 Chris Stockton BTC Racing Lexus IS200 20
6 #90 Erkut Kizilirmak Arkas Racing Vauxhall Astra Sport Hatch 17
7 #69 Simon Blanckley GH Engineering Honda Integra DC05 11
8 #28 Jason Hughes Kartworld Racing MG ZS 6
9 #19 Nick Leason BTC Racing Lexus IS200 5
9 #55 John George TH Motorsport Honda Integra DC05 5
9 #56 David Pinkney A-Tech Alfa Romeo 156 5
12 #17 Rick Kerry AFM Racing BMW 120d E87 4
12 #45 Jim Pocklington J-Team Motorsport BMW 320i E46 4
12 #59 Richard Marsh A-Tech Alfa Romeo 156 4
12 #82 Fiona Leggate Kartworld Racing MG ZS 4
16 #14 Eoin Murray Quest Racing Alfa Romeo 156 0

Brown, Jon Brow
2nd April 2007, 23:36
Good to see the crowds favourite Bell up there with the best :up:

100%hondafan
3rd April 2007, 00:02
thaught motorbase would count why would you exclude them from it ?

Haddock
3rd April 2007, 00:10
If you're going to exclude Motorbase, you really ought to exclude GR Asia as well - a much more experienced team.

Distinguishing private entries from works entries is always tricky. I mean, on the one hand, Mat Jackson looks like a classic private entry, but on the other, I know they're getting some assistance from the BMW works team in terms of set up advice, etc - and the BMW works team is probably the best s2000 team in the world

Alfa Fan
3rd April 2007, 00:13
Was a difficult decision that I'm still not sure on. I just think that Motorbase and its drivers are too professional to be counted.

The reason I kept GR and Adam Jones was mainly because it was a 1-car team, and because they're not doing the full season.

tisme
3rd April 2007, 00:15
I agree with Haddock. GR Asia run cars in the WTCC, and ironically they were excluded from the Privateers championship last year!

And after their performances at Brands, If Motorbase are excluded so should GR Asia be!

PDS
3rd April 2007, 00:25
Was a difficult decision that I'm still not sure on. I just think that Motorbase and its drivers are too professional to be counted.

Too Professional?!
Lets see.. Team Eurotech are a 'Professional Team'. A-Tech are a 'Professional Team'. BTC Racing are a 'Professional Team'. Plus a few other teams would say that they are professional teams. Including Tech Speed...

The reason I kept GR and Adam Jones was mainly because it was a 1-car team, and because they're not doing the full season.
Not the other teams fault!

tyreman2
3rd April 2007, 01:39
Not that I am biased!! but it's not GR asia or GR motorsport
It's Team air cool which is a mixture of 5 professioal people from GR and friends and family of Adam,racing on a very slim budget

VkmSpouge
3rd April 2007, 02:18
I think you should include Motorbase. There's a difference between them and the top 4 teams. You included Motorbase last year when you did this and they haven't changed in the half year since.

Les
3rd April 2007, 07:29
I agree - either exclude GR Asia or include Motorbase to be fair

MBailey06
3rd April 2007, 09:24
Include Motorbase I think, they would be on similar points to Mike Jordan if you did, and it would still be pretty close. Also Motorbase have had far less experience with the SEAT than Team Air Cool, yet you are excluding them.

Iain
3rd April 2007, 13:54
What's your criteria, Alfa Fan? There are teams there with cars they bought from other teams, cars they bought from the factory and cars they built themselves.

Alfa Fan
3rd April 2007, 15:02
Generally it is teams that have bought cars, run with no factory assistance, and don't develop the cars themselves (hence the reason for excluding Motorbase)

AFAIK A-Tech are just running 2x Alfa 156s from Italy and are not carrying out any development work on the cars.

VkmSpouge
3rd April 2007, 19:11
Generally it is teams that have bought cars, run with no factory assistance, and don't develop the cars themselves (hence the reason for excluding Motorbase)

But Synchro Motorsport had made developments to their Honda Civic over the years they had it. BTC Racing have been developing their Lexus over the winter and Rick Kerry is certainly developing his BMW.

PDS
3rd April 2007, 21:02

Can you explain the basis of that statment?

Correct me if i'm wrong.. Motorbase bought two complete Seat Toledo's. They stripped the cars to the bare shell. Painted and rebuilt the cars themselves. Carried out their own modifications, which they are developing and any factory assistance they receive does not come for free... Privateer?

A-Tech racing have bought two Alfa 156's, complete ready to run, factory assistance is there when needed! Privateer or Manufacturer?

BTC Racing is constantly developing their two Lexus as are Xero Racing. Privateers?

Rick Kerry has built and is developing his BMW120d. Assistance from BMW is there for him! Privateer or Manufacturer?

I'm all in favour of a 'True Privateers Champion', but lets get the critia right!

MBailey06
4th April 2007, 09:00
I'm finding it strange that on every btcc website I go to, Erkut Kizilirmak has not got any points in the Independents Championship. He should have 6 points from his 12th and 14th place yet no page seems to realise that when I look at Championship scores. Is it me or am I making a mistake here?

VkmSpouge
4th April 2007, 14:44
I believe it is a mistake as Kizilirmak should have scored points in the Independents' Cup.