steveaki13
25th November 2012, 19:20
Its that time for the last time.

F1boat
25th November 2012, 19:30
Felipe Massa.

Knock-on
25th November 2012, 19:32
There was so much going on that I want to watch it again when I get home to decide.

Half of the Drivers of the day deserve a Donkey award so it's confusing. The Hulk drove a great race but ultimately took out the race leader which has huge ramifications. Without that, McLaren would have been second in the constructors and had a few Million extra quid in the bank so it's not him.

Button and Hamilton were great at the front and made only small errors. Button did well on slicks when others were on Inters.

PdR had some moments but drove well up through the field until he lobbed it off

Koby was dynamic and Vettel showed some good pace but caused at least one accident and drove another car off the track.

so many, so many. I'll wait a bit till I see the replay.

Dave B
25th November 2012, 19:32
Button. He kept his nerve when many were opting for inters, and had a pitstop in hand until the safety car bunched them back up. As so often, he judged the conditions and grip to perfection.

Honourable mentions to Massa, who would probably have finished a fine 2nd but for (understandable) team orders.

christophulus
25th November 2012, 19:35
Senna, made the race much more exciting!

Seriously though, Massa was excellent. Definitely outpaced Alonso all race.

A FONDO
25th November 2012, 19:35
Nico Hulkenberg above all

and Mark Webber for keeping the fairplay alive

The Black Knight
25th November 2012, 19:38
Just because it's his last race and he drove well throughout the race despite the puncture, I must give the drive of the day to Schumacher. I'm going to really miss him and I wish him the best in his future life.

dj_bytedisaster
25th November 2012, 19:43
Massa. He was head and shoulders above his team mate and moved over without moaning, when his team asked him to. True team player.

Tazio
25th November 2012, 19:48
Massa. He was head and shoulders above his team mate and moved over without moaning, when his team asked him to. True team player.And only would like to add that he did what he had to do to help Ferrari in the WDC............Felipe baby :)
However I have to give it to Button and a special mention to Hamilton who drove a very good race until he was knocked out by Hulk!

Ranger
25th November 2012, 19:54
Hard to separate many drivers, simply making it to the end was a massive achievement given the conditions.

Button I think would have to take it for making the dry tyres work on a damp track better than anyone else.

Honourable mentions to Massa, Hamilton and Hulkenberg (but for mistake of significant consequence).

i_max2k2
25th November 2012, 19:55
Massa out driving his team mate through the race, I think he might have chased Button for the win if he dint have the team leash on him. Lewis, Button and hulkenberg drove well, Hulk at least till that incident, for which I think he got some harsh treatment from the stewards. Schumacher drove well in his last race in that pathetic Merc, I pity Lewis for the next 3 or whatever years he'll be there. And Vettel for keeping his nevers in this GP and not doing anything stupid to give it away.

steveaki13
25th November 2012, 20:34
Driver of the Race: Felipe Massa - Just takes it for me after a brilliant drive. He had a great start and then became a guinea pig when it started to rain to judge the slick tyres on a wet track for Alonso. While he kept it on the road he came back through the pack to run 2nd and then done the team a job and moved over for Alonso.

Other Mentions:

Jenson Button - Of course he was virtually level with Massa after a brilliant drive. He raced well in the early damp laps and drove superbly on a wet track while others bailed out onto INters and had he & Hulkenberg had that SC they would have battled for the win.

Nico Hulkenberg - Despite the spin, he showed today a class which makes it clear he was the best choice for Mclaren. How he got that Force INdia where it was I will never know.

Sebastian Vettel - I think he drove well today, I know he put himself in trouble by turing in on Senna, but the rate at which he passed others was amazing.

Michael Schumacher - He got lucky with the unlapping behind the SC, but a gritty drive for his last F1 race and got a few more points to add to that record tally.

Jean Eric vergne - Solid job for points.

Vitaly Petrov - Great work to finish 11th ahead of more established cars and secure that money.

Charles Pic - Done equally good job really. Again ahead of Glock and a Toro Rosso & Mercedes.

donKey jote
25th November 2012, 20:42
Massa both for his driving and for his perfect covering of Alonso's back. (at last he's doing his job again :andrea: :p )
Button and Hulk for being miles ahead of the rest in the tricky conditions.

DexDexter
25th November 2012, 20:44
Nico Hulkenberg who drove a great race and and received a penalty for a racing incident.

truefan72
25th November 2012, 20:57
I'd have given it to hulkenberg first, because hands down he was the fastest guy out there and deserved to win...but then he crashed into hamilton
I'd have given it to hamilton 2nd for a nice clean race, coming back from the inters pit stop and passing both button and hulkenberg on the track ...then he was taken out by hulkenberg
I'd have given it to Schumacher for a valiant final performance, then he simply let vettel waltz by him so...nope

So I'll give a half DOtR to Button for making a pass on hamilton, and then along with hulkenberg decided to stay out when others panicked. He did inherit the lead undeservedly as both hamilton and hulkenberg where pulling away from him after the SCD period, bu he then pretty much cruised to victory
The other half goes to Massa for once again doing a great job and doing his part for the team and still finished on the podium
Vettel, gets a slight 1/4 nod for doing his best with a damaged car...but he caused the damage and had spots of untidy racing, did what he needed to do to win the WDC and during the last part of the race was the quickest guy out there.
Special mention to petrov, who deserves to save his seat in my book. If I was running the team and I saw one guy save the team with a solid race when it counted, while the other guy was simply languishing at the back, my decision would be very simple.

Wasted Talent
26th November 2012, 11:37
Difficult one....

Jenson - for winning without any drama in ever-changing conditions

Hulkenburg - without the safety car he would have been over 30 secs in front of Hamilton at the end and so nowhere near the incident, and could easily have finished 1st or 2nd

Vettel - it would have been so easy to have lost the WDC from the first lap position, well done him

Schumi - showing that at 43 he hasn't lost it, and despite never forgiving him for crashing into Damon in Australia, I have to respect his skill and passion

Massa - matched or beat Alonso all weekend (again). Maybe the Ferrari isn't actually the dog that people claim.....

WT

Nornbugger
26th November 2012, 11:42
DotR for me was Massa, and showed great team spirit too. Very impressed with Hulkenberg and Button, were it not for the safety car they were in a different race.

Also worthy of praise was Vettels immediate reactions after getting hit on the 1st lap, his reversing down the middle of the track saved his championship, its when things go wrong that you see the real qualities and his apparent calmness when all had gone wrong was very impressive for me

AndyL
26th November 2012, 12:25
I'd go for Hulkenberg, he did a tremendous job to lead for almost half the race in a mid-field car. His two mistakes, which I think were quite small even though the consequences of the last one were large, were not enough to overshadow his great driving the rest of the time.

Robinho
26th November 2012, 12:54
Nearly Hulk, but he threw it away with one tiny mistake, with large consequences. I can't go Hamilton, as although he was leading he gave away 40 odd seconds to jenson and hulk by stopping for inters, had there not been a safety car he never would have been in the hunt. So it has to be Button, didn't put a foot wrong, alway on the pace and recovered from the safety car eroding his and hulks massive lead to win. Massa gets a very honourable mention, he has been very competitive last 3rd of the season. I'd like to mention Alonso for not giving in and the double pass into turn 1 for 3rd early in the race

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

N. Jones
26th November 2012, 13:04
Hulk. His "mistake" was losing the car. I don't see that as a reason for a penalty. He drove a great race today and I just hope Sauber can give him a better car than the one they has this season.

Robinho
26th November 2012, 13:05
Oh, forgot Petrov for a well earned 11th and taking back 10th for caterham in the constructors. Well deserved imo as they've been comfortably quicker than Marussia most of the year

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

wedge
26th November 2012, 15:24
Vettel - a superb drive and mastered the conditions at different phases of the race. There were team mates who had different advantages and different phases of the race but I think Vettel's only error was leaving the door open to invite Senna's banzai attempt.

Javi_racing
26th November 2012, 16:01
Massa, Hulk, Fernando, Button... I can't decide xD

Great races from all of them. Is a shame the crash between ham and hulk because they were driving so well

Mia 01
26th November 2012, 16:28
For me it was Jenson, a brilliant drive in changing conditions.
Felipe baby next, fast, no mistakes, the fastest Ferrari driver the last four races.
Hulk was great until his mistake.

Seb!! A great drive with a broken car, a deserving champion for the third time.

gloomyDAY
26th November 2012, 21:19
Kimi's navigational skills.

http://i.imgur.com/2Os9d.gif

zako85
26th November 2012, 21:40
I liked Seb, Button, Hulk, Alonso, Massa, and Petrov.

It's silly to name all of them at once, but I think they did a very good job. My jaw dropped when I saw Massa and Alonso start the way the did. Vettel once again shows a good drive "through the field" after his questionable first lap incident with Senna, and ends the race exactly where he needs to be. Petrov did a great job by returning his team to its "righteous" 10th position. I think we will see Petrov in F1 next year again. I heard he has a new sponsor.

Button and Hulkenberg drove well. They were aided by a smart call on tire choice. Remember Button's "The rain is ending!" message even though it seems like he was being called into pits to put on wet tires. Staying on track at that moment is what helped him win the race IMO. Hulk followed this strategy too, but crashed into Hamilton. He still gets a mention since he finished in respectable 5th position.

MarekP
26th November 2012, 22:16
Nico Hülkenberg