PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Rob Huff - 2012 World Touring Car Champion!

Dave B
21st November 2012, 10:23
I'm surprised there's no thread for this yet considering Britain has another World Champion: Rob Huff clinched the WTCC championship in the wee small hours of Sunday morning, bouncing back from a disastrous first race to clinch P2 in the second race.

His season took a while to get going properly, and it looked at one point like Yvan might dominate, or that Alain Menu might make it a 2-way fight, but Rob found winning form and coupled with a few bad races for his team mates got the job done in style. It's just a crying shame that Chevrolet are leaving the series (as manufacturers, at least) but to their eternal credit that they let their drivers race each other.

Huge congratulations to Rob, a thoroughly decent bloke as well as a deserving champion :champion: :up:

F1boat
21st November 2012, 18:09
Finally he won it. He is my least favorite among the Chevy drivers, but no doubt he is a deserving champion...

GravettFan99
12th December 2012, 03:05
Well done and congratulations to him. I was guessing that after last year, this would have to be his year, because I always believe that you can only get better. :) What a nice parting gift, the team practically had a near-flawless career. Too bad that they are leaving... that leaves me wondering what next season will be like.

In other news, I cannot wait to see Loeb and Citroen come in! ;) :D