PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Austin

donKey jote
18th November 2012, 20:35
Ham and Vettel
and Massa :up:

F1boat
18th November 2012, 20:36
It has to be Lewis, he was relentless. Vettel drove very well too. The gap to the rest says it all.

N. Jones
18th November 2012, 20:39
Lewis ans Massa. Great Drives!

JasonPotato
18th November 2012, 20:40
Lewis for a great drive all weekend and Alonso for keeping the fight alive ;)

Dave B
18th November 2012, 20:40
Lewis was phenomenal and he's definitely a contender, but I'm giving it to Button: his passes on Schumacher and Raikkonen were simply sublime. Honourable mention to Alonso: I hated Ferrari's tactics but Fernando still had to get the job done on the start. Massa also ran a good race, I wonder what he could have achieved had he been unleashed.

Koz
18th November 2012, 20:45
Lewis, Massa, Grosjean...

Kimi, too - shame for the pitstop.

Koz
18th November 2012, 20:46
Also, whoever decided on those awesome hats!

DexDexter
18th November 2012, 21:04
Lewis.

dj_bytedisaster
18th November 2012, 21:07
Massa - no contest. Being shafted before the race and still coming up right behind Alonso. Brilliant drive.

The Black Knight
18th November 2012, 21:11
Hamilton, Vettel and Massa All drove sublime races. All three were the drivers of the race.

Ranger
18th November 2012, 21:14
Felipe Massa.

He takes a somewhat questionable penalty for the team, drives through to achieve the best possible team result, and looked every bit better than Alonso today.

pino
18th November 2012, 21:16
Lewis and Massa !

A FONDO
18th November 2012, 21:23
Hamilton of course, no doubt! Strong performance from Massa too, quicker than his "title contender" mate all-weekend-long and gained a lot of positions.

truefan72
18th November 2012, 21:48
Lewis ans Massa. Great Drives!

my picks too

tfp
18th November 2012, 23:05
Hamilton of course, no doubt! Strong performance from Massa too, quicker than his "title contender" mate all-weekend-long and gained a lot of positions.

Agree with this 100%. Hamilton was crazy fast and Massa drove a much better race than Alonso.

tfp
18th November 2012, 23:06
I have just realised, my sig is waaaaaay out of date, I'll have to change it!

Javi_racing
18th November 2012, 23:12
Hamilton followed by Massa so close :)

Good drive from vettel and alonso too

Tazio
19th November 2012, 02:20
Hamilton for chasing down Vettel and making the pass. Vettel drove very well, and a special mention to Felipe who was a lttle faster than Alonso all weekend, but ultimately ended up no higher than than he would have had he let Alonso through later in the race. If you don't like the gearbox change tactic you would have detested Felipe holding up the group to let Alonso try to get into position to get them in the DRS zone.
No way Massa had the pace of Vettel or Hamilton and would have had no chance to race them. Button had a good race and was in a strong position for a podium leaving the options for so late in the race, but Kimi was just to hard to pass and I think that is what allowed the Ferraris gap both of them at the end.

Storm
19th November 2012, 06:55
I have never been a Hamilton fan, but did he race well last night. great race.

AndyL
19th November 2012, 10:56
Yes it's pretty much impossible to see past Hamilton for driver of the race isn't it. Wasn't it great to finally see Hamilton and Vettel racing each other wheel-to-wheel in evenly-matched cars.

Massa also had a strong race but I would rank Button's drive second after Hamilton's. Both Massa and Button made 7 places from their grid slots, but in Button's case it was after starting from the slow side of the grid and getting boxed down to 16th or 17th place at the first corner, and he had to make a lot of very good passes to get 5th.

Malbec
19th November 2012, 11:32
Lewis and Massa for me. Jenson a close second (third?). Lewis finally did what he threatened to do for several races where he was beaten by poor reliability. Massa embarrassed Ferrari into finding a fault with his gearbox seal to give Alonso a fighting chance but the Brazilian was quicker all weekend. Well done to both.

i_max2k2
19th November 2012, 18:47
Lewis and Massa, Button raced very well too! Sebestian could have won the race had he taken to the backmarkers carefully.

wedge
19th November 2012, 19:13
Hamilton was relentless and all out maximum attack.

Massa was cruelly robbed 5 starting spots yet he was quicker than Alonso and not far off the pace of the leaders. Given the chance perhaps he would have matched/shy off Vettel's pace.

Robinho
19th November 2012, 23:56
Lewis, button, vettel, massa, Alonso in that order. Honourable mentions to the rest of the top 10 who all had great races. The whole field drove very well, a lot of well executed passes with no contact or forcing rivals off track. A thoroughly entertaining race right down the pack and a thumbs up for the track from me too

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Robinho
19th November 2012, 23:57
Also a mention for Grosjean, what might have he achieved without that spin, coming back to be on par with Kimi. But the spin rules him out of contention for dotd

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Knock-on
20th November 2012, 01:51
Obviously Lewis but Massa drove well.

Mia 01
20th November 2012, 08:55
Felipe baby for sure. Then Kimi for his great pass on Hulkenberg, best of the year.

steveaki13
20th November 2012, 19:59
Driver of the Race.:

Lewis Hamilton - He was class, it was probably one of his very best wins. I hope he can do it once more in Brazil and really finish on a high at Mclaren. He seems so much happier now.

Other Mentions:
Sebastian Vettel - He & Lewis were a cut above, they pushed almost 100% all race and show there class and the cars pace.

Fernando Alonso- Drove another solid race to get as close to Seb as possible and keep the title fight open.

Felipe Massa- A class drive, probably the best after the top 2.

Jenson Button - He drove well after his bad luck in Quali. Made a different strategy work nicely.

Romain Grosjean - He was donkeyish with the spin, but then pitted and was 21st so a fast drive to come back to 7th.

Nico Hulkenberg - I thought he did really well in a slowish car, ran a fine 5th early on and couldn't do much about the faster cars coming past him.

The Black Knight
20th November 2012, 20:49
Why McLaren didn't sign Hulkenberg I will never know.

I don't understand it either suffice to say that neither FI driver has stood out to me as being stars of the future this year. Maybe Perez showed the most potential with the least amount of experience, that's the only reason I can think of right now.

truefan72
20th November 2012, 20:56

as the season went on the decision looks even more dubious
mclaren overreacted, more specifically Ron Dennis, who signed a guy on the basis of a couple of decent results
There was no need to make a decision at that point. most drivers would have been banging on their door for a seat at mclaren so there should have been no fear of them not being able to sign who they want.
it was a cynical ron dennis move to show everyone how quickly they could move on from Hamilton, and how they already had a "contingency plan" in case of that eventuality.
Hulkenberg, sutil, and a few other driver should have been strongly considered.

We might all be wrong, but as of right now, it is not looking like the best move.

AndyL
21st November 2012, 11:35
Hulkenberg has had his fair share of anonymous, outside-the-points finishes too. Right now he looks like comfortably the more reliable driver, but I guess McLaren are looking at that hard-to-quantify "potential". The theory goes that it's a lot easier to calm down a quick but erratic driver than it is to speed up a steady one.

I wonder how different Perez's season would have been if Sauber had been a bit more ambitious and on-the-ball in Malaysia and given Perez the win.

ronbbuckner
21st November 2012, 17:42
Lewis is the best driver !!!Period

truefan72
21st November 2012, 19:34
I wonder how different Perez's season would have been if Sauber had been a bit more ambitious and on-the-ball in Malaysia and given Perez the win.

fair enough,
I was rooting for perez to win that race and agree with your sauber point. Although they did set up the car sweetly and had a very good strategy, up until the time when they probably got the call from ferrari and then relayed it to him that 2nd was good enough ( a bit tongue and cheek there kidding...sorta)
I also thought he was going to take alonso in the next 2 laps, and actually shouted oh-no! at his off track moment

markabilly
21st November 2012, 20:18
Dr Giacomo Rappaccini

never missed a turn......

Knock-on
22nd November 2012, 05:07

Paul was always the shoe-in for the seat when Lewis announced he was off. I don't know what happened but before Checo was announced, there ws very little between the FI boys but Paul looked likely to be the one that would improve. He's a quick kiddie.

When the seat went to Sergio, it crushed him a bit which possibly justifies McLarens choice. You cant allow yourself to be mentally affected at this level.

It's up to Paul now to bounce and hell, he needs to bounce hard. He has the seat at FI next year so lets see that extra little spark a few of us think he has. I remember the crap I had to endure for years about Button and was proved right. Paul has the potential to do the same but F1 is as mental as it is skill at this level. He has a winter to get his sh*t together and really start shaking it up.