PDA

View Full Version : World Superbikes and Supersport 2007

patnicholls
10th December 2006, 16:45
Here's my outline list for WSB 2007:

Xerox Ducati - Bayliss & Lanzi
Caracchi Ducati - ??
Sterilgarda Ducati - Xaus & ?? (Iannuzzo??/Giovanni Bussei?)
Pedercini Ducati - Dean Ellison & ?? (Clementi??)
Foggy Ducati?? (Hodgson?? & ??)

Alstare Suzuki - Biaggi & Kagayama
Alstare Engineering Suzuki - Neukirchner??
Celani Suzuki - Alessandro Polita

Yamaha Italia - Haga & Corser
Yamaha France - Nakatomi & ??

PSG-1 Kawasaki - Nieto & Laconi

Ten Kate Honda - Toseland & Rolfo
Klaffi Honda - ?? & ??
DFX Honda - Fabrizio & Martin
Bertocchi Honda - Brookes & Muggeridge

Any other new teams/WSS teams moving up, although I think all the WSS riders are bizarrely staying there so far.

Riders probably looking for work or possible: Pitt, Hodgson, Neukirchner, Craig Jones, and others.

Riders who have retired: Frankie Chili (to be DFX manager), Norick Abe (to be a development rider in Japan), Marco Borciani (to manage Sterilgarda Ducati without riding anymore).

patnicholls
10th December 2006, 16:48
And...

WSS 2007 outline

Ten Kate Honda - Charpentier & Sofuoglu
Yamaha Germany - Curtain & Parkes
Stiggy Honda - Harms & Tiberio
Lorenzini by Leoni Yamaha - Roccoli
RG Yamaha - Vizzielo
Megabike Honda - Fujiwara & Alfonsi
Parkalgar Honda - Sanna & Praia
Carrachi Ducati - Nannelli
HP Honda - Fores
Gil Kawasaki - Foret & Riba
GMT94 Yamaha - David Checa & Gimbert
D'Antin Kawasaki - Cardoso & Silva
Millet Yamaha - Chambon & Vincent
Lightspeed Kawasaki - Davide Giugliano
Stiggy Honda Junior - Nikola Milanovic [from below]

2006 teams we've not heard about yet (number of bikes run in 2006):
SLM Yamaha (2)
Umbria Bike Yamaha (1)
Moto1 Yamaha (2)
Klaffi Intermoto Honda (2)
Hoegee Suzuki (2)
Hardinge Honda (1)
Vazy Honda (1)
Vector Yamaha (1)
CRS Honda (1)
Tati Beaujolais Yamaha (2)
LBR Ducati (1)
Edo Yamaha (1)
Legrelle Honda (1)

Riders looking for work - lots, most up-and comers...

Looks very strong already!

axxexs
10th December 2006, 18:06
Stiggy motorsport is also going to have a satelit junior team with Nikola Milovanovic as the rider in WSS. http://www.nikorace.com

jonny hurlock
10th December 2006, 18:55
If i was Neil Hodson where would I go
Klaffi or Foggy?

I probaly go to Klaffi if I was neil

pitt go to Moto gp on the ilmor bike

Subaru WRX
10th December 2006, 20:01
its a shame that Chris Walker left Kawasaki after 2 great seasons !

NinjaMaster
29th December 2006, 13:11
The WSB silly season gets a little sillier. Neil Hodgson is blaming Troy Bayliss for his current unemployment saying that Bayliss didn't want a competitive teammate. It is being reported that Neil Hodgsons last option is the unconfirmed Foggy team as Klaffi are to sit out WSB in 2007 due to failure to secure required sponsors.

ChrisS
29th December 2006, 19:05
Bayliss blacklisting Hodgson may be true,

I dont think the reason for it is that Bayliss is afraid though, I think its simply because they dont like each other

tha_jackal
30th December 2006, 04:31
The WSB silly season gets a little sillier. Neil Hodgson is blaming Troy Bayliss for his current unemployment saying that Bayliss didn't want a competitive teammate. It is being reported that Neil Hodgsons last option is the unconfirmed Foggy team as Klaffi are to sit out WSB in 2007 due to failure to secure required sponsors.

Bah what a big sook, I read an interview from a few years ago in which Hodgson claimed Bayliss was the best teammate he'd ever had.. (GSE Ducati BSB) .. I think this is the most likely summation ive seen on another forum..

"What might have been a concern for Bayliss would be a division of efforts in the garage. He's experienced some dodgy crew support while in MotoGP and was pretty pointed about saying he could win there if he had his superbike crew with him. And did so

So it may have been a matter of him saying "I want to keep my crew exactly as they are and I want to continue to have the say on development direction for the bike".

Which I think is fair enough, but it might be incompatible with having two ex champions in the garage..."

Bloody pommy sook :laugh:

NinjaMaster
31st December 2006, 04:11
Yeah Hodgson is a sook but I guess I can understand it being in his situation. I guess the moral of the story is to sign for a good team when you have a contract in your lap.

Also, Bayliss finished fastest at end-of-season tests at Qatar but was quick to play down his chances of retaining his title. His concerns stem from Ducati having to continue with the 999 next year but have pretty much reached the end of development with the bike whereas the others are catching up. Sounds like things could be even more exciting next year to me.

In other news, 23 year old Aussie Mark Aitchison has signed to ride with the Celani Italia Suzuki in World Superstock. Aitchison finished 2nd in the Aus Supersport championship on an R6 so it will be interesting to see how he goes.

ChrisS
10th January 2007, 19:20
an updated version of the 2007 Provisional calendar was released today.

As it was rumored the April 1st race was Donington under the title of the European event, Misano was confirmed as the San Marino event and the October 21 date rumored to be a south African event was drooped making a 14 events calendar with the July 8 event still tba

24 February Qatar Doha/Losail
4 March Australia Phillip Island
1 April Europe Donington Park
15 April Spain Valencia
29 April Netherlands Assen
13 May Italy Monza
27 May Great-Britain Silverstone
17 June San Marino Misano
8 July Tba Tba
22 July Czech Rep Brno
5 August Great-Britain Brands Hatch
9 September Germany Eurospeedway Lausitz
30 September Italy Vallelunga
7 October France Magny-Cours

patnicholls
11th January 2007, 00:25
There's still a few holes in the WSB lineup, looking a little slim compared to last year although there'll be a few last-minute deals of course.

Alessandro Polita will be riding the Celani Suzuki WSB entry - he was one of the top guys in Superstock last year, so one for the future.

I am liking the look of the World Supersport entry, some good teams in there!

racer69
11th January 2007, 07:11
Interesting that Imola has been dropped from this years schedule.

What are the liklihoods for the July 8 round, a return to America?

ChrisS
11th January 2007, 12:01
Interesting that Imola has been dropped from this years schedule.

What are the liklihoods for the July 8 round, a return to America?

Imola needs work to come up to standards, it was also dropped by F1 in 2007,

Also I don't know if this had anything to do with why they choose Vallelunga but Vallelunga is near Rome, Biaggi's hometown while Imola is located in Northern Italy. Italians from the North and from the South don't really like each other and Max will probably be able to get more people in the seats down south.

As for the July 8 round, the rumors when the provisional calendar was released a few months ago with that date TBA was for a N American race but I don't know anything more

ChrisS
13th January 2007, 19:23
World Superbike Phillip Island "Pirelli Development" Test - 13th to 15th January

Day 1 unofficial times

WSB

1. Troy Bayliss (Xerox Ducati 999F07) 1m32.8
2. Max Biaggi (Alstare Corona Suzuki GSXR1000K7) 1m33.2
3. James Toseland (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR) 1m33.4
4. Noriyuki Haga (Yamaha Motor Italia Yamaha YZF-R1) 1m33.4
5. Regis Laconi (PSG1 Corse Kawasaki ZX10R) 1m33.5
6. Fonsi Nieto (PSG1 Corse Kawasaki ZX10R) 1m33.6
7. Troy Corser (Yamaha Motor Italia Yamaha YZF-R1) 1m33.6
8. Lorenzo Lanzi (Xerox Ducati 999F07) 1m33.7
9. Yukio Kagayama (Alstare Corona Suzuki GSXR1000K7) 1m34.1
10. Roberto Rolfo (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR) 1m35.4

WSS

1. Broc Parkes (Yamaha Supersport Racing Yamaha YZF-R6) 1m35.2
2. Kevin Curtain (Yamaha Supersport Racing Yamaha YZF-R6) 1m35.4
3. Sebastien Charpentier (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR) 1m36.3
4. Kenan Sofuoglu (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR) 1m36.3
5. Pere Riba (Gil Kawasaki ZX6RR) 1m36.6
6. Fabien Foret (Gil Kawasaki ZX6RR) 1m36.9
7. Barry Veneman (Hoegee Suzuki GSXR600) 1m37.6
8. Vesa Kallio (Hoegee Suzuki GSXR600) 1m38.9
9. Gianluca Nannelli (Caracchi Ducati 749R) no time

Celani, DFXtreme, Perdercini and Yamaha Italia’s Lorenzini by Leoni are also testing at Valencia

tha_jackal
14th January 2007, 03:51
Broc and Kev faster than Rolfo :s hock:
Money talks..

NinjaMaster
14th January 2007, 04:18
Broc and Kev faster than Rolfo :s hock:
Money talks..
Early days.

Nice to see Kwaks getting quick in the Superbikes. Hopefully they have plenty more to come in Supersport to challenge Yamaha and Honda.

Mach24
14th January 2007, 07:07
Would be great if the Kwaka's were right amongst it. Interesting and good to see Max has come out of the blocks hard. There is going to be fireworks in 007'.

Mach24
14th January 2007, 11:03
WORLD SUPERBIKE Phillip Island Sunday January 14 - DAY 2

Unofficial Times

Bayliss (Aus-Ducati) 1’31”0
Lanzi (Ita-id) 1’32”1
Toseland (GB-Honda) 1’32”2
Corser (Aus-Yamaha) 1’32”2
Kagayama (Gia-Suzuki) 1’32”3
Biaggi (Ita-Suzuki) 1’32”6
Laconi (Fra-Kawasaki) 1’32”6
Nieto (Spa-id) 1’32”7
Haga (id-Yamaha) 1’32”8
Rolfo (Ita-Honda) 1’33”9

Biaggi and Laconi both fell uninjured, Laconi through the Hayshed at approx 240km/h.

SUPERSPORT

Curtain (Aus-Yamaha) 1’34”7
Sofuoglu (Tur-Honda) 1’34”7
Parkes (Aus-Yamaha) 1’34”8
Nannelli (Ita-Ducati) 1’35”2
Charpentier (Fra-Honda) 1’36”0
Foret (id- Kawasaki) 1’36”3
Riba (Spa-id) 1’36”4
Veneman (Ola-Suzuki) 1’36”4
Kallio (Fin-id) 1’37”7.

ChrisS
14th January 2007, 18:21
according to reports Bayliss was using a prototype front tyre and apparently only he got the tyre. so that could be part of the reason why he is so much faster than the rest

NinjaMaster
15th January 2007, 08:16
according to reports Bayliss was using a prototype front tyre and apparently only he got the tyre. so that could be part of the reason why he is so much faster than the rest
I hope you're right ChrisS. The next 6 were mighty close with only 7 tenths covering them I think.

Biaggi had his first superbike crash as viewed here: http://www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2007/Superbike/World_Testing/Jan/Gallery_A/index.htm

Of note, his Zook is running a twin exhaust system. Be interesting to see if it makes it to the season.

neninja
15th January 2007, 11:28
Of note, his Zook is running a twin exhaust system. Be interesting to see if it makes it to the season.

It has to run twin silencers to meet the FIM rules. The stock bike has 2 so the race bike has to (they don't both have to work though)

patnicholls
17th January 2007, 15:35
The entry lists are here:

http://www.fim.ch/sec/documents/f_4138.pdf

ChrisS
17th January 2007, 22:15
so Bayliss will keep the 21 next season, Corser went back to 11 and Xaus uses 111, does he get first choice on the number because he finished higher last season?

Also no foggy team even as TBAs does that mean they are out?

racer69
18th January 2007, 05:22
Pretty thin entry list SBK wise, surely some others will be added prior to the first round as deals fall into place.

As for using #11, it probably comes down to whoever enters first, meaning Yamaha probably got in there before the Sterilgarda Ducati team did.

NinjaMaster
20th January 2007, 05:56
It has to run twin silencers to meet the FIM rules. The stock bike has 2 so the race bike has to (they don't both have to work though)
I hadn't seen the 07 Gixxer thou til now to notice that. Looks cool on the race bike but the cans on the roadbike look garbage for the second model in a row.

Does anyone else reckon that Troy running #21 is stupid? Each to their own I guess but to work so hard to win a championship and then to run incognito next year confuses me. He can run #21 whenever he likes but #1 is reserved for champs only.

tha_jackal
20th January 2007, 06:00
Does anyone else reckon that Troy running #21 is stupid? Each to their own I guess but to work so hard to win a championship and then to run incognito next year confuses me. He can run #21 whenever he likes but #1 is reserved for champs only.

He said something along the lines of "Last time i ran #1 after winning the title things didnt go so well..." These bikers are a supersticious bunch ;)

patnicholls
20th February 2007, 01:34
Whoah, things get started in a couple of days, and I've not written a preview yet!

We head in to 2007 on the back of two intrigueing seasons that were both kind of closer than the final scores suggested. In both years a Troy took a big early lead and was then hunted down by the rest - particularly the lead Ten Kate rider each time - and there were quite a few close races and plenty of contenders, despite how things looked overall.

Defending champion Troy Bayliss stays where he is on a factory 999 and again is paired with Lorenzo Lanzi who failed to impress in 2006. They are both likely to find things trickier this year as the 999 reaches the end of its development, but continuity from the previous year may help get a good start to the season and you should never bet against Troy Bayliss on a Ducati Superbike. Lanzi needs to work hard and get some results to keep his ride, especially with former Champion Neil Hodgson currently unemployed and two promising youngsters in the Ducati Junior squad.

Alstare Corona Suzuki created the biggest news of the year - well, it dragged on all year - by recruiting Max Biaggi to ride for them after a year in the wilderness, to replace Troy Corser. Yukio Kagayama was retained after a very up and down 2006 with three wins and also some unfortunate crashes and injuries, but looked fast when fit. Biaggi's arrival puts a lot of pressure on both rider and team - on his day he's brilliant, but if he doesn't find the sweet spot - as at Repsol Honda in 2005 - he can look average in a competitive field. Let's hope we see the former.

Ten Kate Honda also had an upheaval as major backer Winston were forced out of motorsport following tobacco legislation. Taiwanese flat-screen monitor manufacturer Hanspree have come on board and brought with them Roberto Rolfo, as well as a horrific white-and-lime green paint scheme which will at least make the bikes easy to spot. Rolfo had a promising start in WSB last year but slipped back down the field as the year went on, so has much to prove as he gets a chance with a big team. James Toseland is retained after an excellent 2006 season - despite not winning the title it was arguably his best year - and can be expected to fight for race wins on a regular basis.

Troy Corser's booting-out at Suzuki left the double champion searching for a new ride for 2007, and he has found one at Yamaha Italia, replacing Andrew Pitt who departed to pilot a shed in MotoGP. He partners Nori Haga who took third in the championship last year, but only one win at Brands Hatch. Yamaha have said there will be no excuses with this lineup, and it will be fascinating to see two of Superbike's big guns on the same bike.

PSG-1 Kawasaki trimmed from three to two riders for this season, keeping Fonsi Nieto and Regis Laconi but dumping Chris Walker - who had taken an emotional first WSB win for both rider and team in the wet at Assen after being last coming out of the first corner in 2006. Muppets! Anyway, former championship runner-up Laconi needs to improve on his 2006 effort and Fonsi Nieto needs to push on if the team are to be anything other than mid-pack runners again with a bike that seems destined to not be at the front.

The private teams are led by the DFX Honda team with Frankie Chili now working in a managerial capacity for his aggressive young charger Michel Fabrizio, who partners veteran Steve Martin who performed a few minor miracles in the Foggy FP1 last year. The combination will be great to watch as two contrasting styles, both equally deserving of a place near the front, fight it out for results.

Bertocchi Kawasaki have undergone a regeneration over the winter, becoming Alto Evolution Honda and taking on Josh Brookes and Karl Muggeridge. Both the Aussies have plenty of pace, but Brookes split 2006 between Supersport and Superbikes and gained little in terms and results, and Muggeridge suffered a mid-season injury but was blown away by Toseland at Ten Kate and badly needs a first WSB podium.

Marco Borciani's Sterilgarda Ducati squad have retained Ruben Xaus, but unfortunately slimmed down to a one-rider lineup as Borciani himself has retired from racing. Xaus should be a threat if he can stay fit and rubber-side down on track, however it seems like an opportunity has been missed to run a second bike with someone like Neil Hodgson or Gregorio Lavilla aboard which could have got some top results.

There are also two other Ducatis in the field, the Caracchi team running 250GP refugee Jakub Smrz and the Pedercini squad slimming down to one bike for Dean Ellison, who is something of a surprise choice for a WSB debut.

Max Neukirchner had a torrid 2006 as he was booted aside at Klaffi Honda, then got injured while riding the Pedercini Ducati. He returned late on with a Suzuki ride and sticks with it for 2007 with Suzuki Germany. If his late-season form from last year and his 2005 pace returns, he should do well. Celani Suzuki also field a private Suzuki for Allessandro Polita, who comes up from a successful season in European Superstock and could be one to watch.

Yamaha France have also slimmed down to a single-rider entry for Shinichi Nakatomi, with Norick Abe returning to Japan and Sebastien Gimbert switching to World Supersport. The renamed Yamaha-YZF team faces a tough season but Nakatomi showed some promise in his debut year so could surprise. There is also a private Yamaha entered for Czech rider Jiri Drazdak.

The final rider on the grid is another surprise debut for the Austrian rider Christian Zaiser, who at 33 years old has left it late to start his WSB career. He rides an MV Augusta following a season in World Supersport last year, where he was sometimes fast but inconsistent. His WSB batism is likely to be tough going.

----------------------

So, how do I think things will go?

Bayliss, Toseland, Biaggi, Haga & Corser will be the big boys, with Kagayama and Lanzi behind. Xaus plus the DFX and PSG-1 bikes will be next up.

The nagging feeling I have is that there should be a couple more bikes on the grid, really. We have suffered with Foggy disappearing, and also Klaffi Honda, but FGSport could have worked a bit harder to make sure there were 4 or 5 more machines racing regularly. Teams like the Borciani squad and Yamaha France look a little skinny with just one machine when they could be competitive with two and make more of an impact. And it's much more impressive to see 30 bikes charging past you than 20 or 22.

That said, I think it'll be a good season anyway and can't wait for it to start! :D

-----------------------------

I might write a Supersport one tomorrow, I'm looking forward to that more probably! :p

patnicholls
17th March 2007, 00:56
My wishes above have been answered!

Sterilgarda Ducati have added the most excellent Giovanni Bussei for Donington and Valencia to start with, possibly more races. Let's hope so. He and Xaus will be a great pair to watch.

And Pedercini's Ducati squad have expanded to two bikes with Luca Morelli coming aboard to partner Dean Ellison. Morelli rode in 250 GPs last year and is only 19, so could be a name for a future.

Both stories reported on crash.net, although the Bussei one is also on the official WSB site.

NinjaMaster
17th March 2007, 01:15
Hooray, the Rock 'n' Roll Racer is back! :up: More bikes can only be a good thing for the series.

Mach24
19th March 2007, 11:27
There appears to be some tension between Steve Martin and DFX Honda after DFX withdrew from the Valencia test at the last minute. Steve has come out and questioned the decision and fair enough...... However in the name of harmony for the team one would have thought Steve might have towed the team line.

Will the season hold out for Steve and DFX? I can see an early parting on the horizon as I am sure Steve is dissapointed in the machinery and team, thus his comments.

NinjaMaster
19th March 2007, 13:29
I don't really see any tension between the two, just Marto is a bit confused and disappointed that they aren't at the test in Valencia and he can see that they will fall further behind when they need to catch up. No bagging of the team or anything, just frustration.

Mach24
20th March 2007, 09:51
I don't really see any tension between the two, just Marto is a bit confused and disappointed that they aren't at the test in Valencia and he can see that they will fall further behind when they need to catch up. No bagging of the team or anything, just frustration.

Call it tension or confused, dissapointed and frustration. Either way there is trouble a brewin'.

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 16:28
I have a simple question, where is Neil Hogdson the 2004 World Superbike champion with Ducati, he competed last year in the AMA Superbike with the factory Ducati team, but after the withdrwan of the italian brand from the US championship, it seems that Hogdson is without a ride ?!!

T-D
20th March 2007, 17:13
2003 champion, subaru. toseland may take offense to that categorization. ;)

Subaru WRX
20th March 2007, 17:20
thats true 2003 not 2004 :p

sorry mr. toseland :D

ChrisS
20th March 2007, 20:07
I have a simple question, where is Neil Hogdson the 2004 World Superbike champion with Ducati, he competed last year in the AMA Superbike with the factory Ducati team, but after the withdrwan of the italian brand from the US championship, it seems that Hogdson is without a ride ?!!

There were some rumours he was going to join Yamaha France but they have gone quiet.

there is a post about it. http://forums.motorsport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115224

tha_jackal
21st March 2007, 09:17
Call it tension or confused, dissapointed and frustration. Either way there is trouble a brewin'.

From mcnews.com.au:-

" Steve Martin was today unexpectedly informed that his ride with the DFX Honda World Superbike team was no longer available, due to lack of finances for the Italian squad.

Just days before being due to leave his home in Switzerland for the next round of the championship at Donington in the UK, the vastly experienced Aussie rider was clearly disappointed and bemused by the news, commenting, “I’m absolutely gutted. Not just for me but also my whole bike crew.

“Just before the start of the season I was reassured by DFX that they definitely had sufficient money to run both me and Fabrizio for the whole year, and on that basis I decided to continue with the team, despite still having other options of rides at that time. So to now be told, just two races into the season, that the team doesn’t actually have enough budget is unbelievable and puts me in a position that could have been avoided.

“It’s also so disappointing after how much progress we’ve made with the bike during testing over the off-season, to now not be able to progress with that and turn it into some good results.

“But most of all I’m a racer and just want to race, as I know I’m as capable and competitive as ever to run with the front of the field.

“I’ve obviously spent the day on the phone talking to everyone to try and secure funding or avenues for another ride, but as expected, so early into the season is not the time of the year to be trying to find either of those.”

The DFX team will continue to run with team-mate Fabrizio in the 2007 Superbike World Championship as he is a Honda Europe rider, and therefore financed from that source.

Steve will still be at Donington for the third round of the championship on 30/31 March - 1 April, and plans to remain in Europe for the remainder of the racing season, rather than return to his native Australia, in order to try and secure sponsorship or an alternative place on the World Superbike grid."

This sucks, real bad.. Steve's suffered on crap machinery (Petronas) for so long, now he gets shafted like this, and to be re-assured of finances at the start of the year!!! Not cool :mad: Well spotted by Mach :(

The Phantom
22nd March 2007, 00:19
From mcnews.com.au

Steve Martin was today unexpectedly informed that his ride with the DFX Honda World Superbike team was no longer available, due to lack of finances for the Italian squad.

Just days before being due to leave his home in Switzerland for the next round of the championship at Donington in the UK, the vastly experienced Aussie rider was clearly disappointed and bemused by the news, commenting, “I’m absolutely gutted. Not just for me but also my whole bike crew.

“Just before the start of the season I was reassured by DFX that they definitely had sufficient money to run both me and Fabrizio for the whole year, and on that basis I decided to continue with the team, despite still having other options of rides at that time. So to now be told, just two races into the season, that the team doesn’t actually have enough budget is unbelievable and puts me in a position that could have been avoided.

“It’s also so disappointing after how much progress we’ve made with the bike during testing over the off-season, to now not be able to progress with that and turn it into some good results.

“But most of all I’m a racer and just want to race, as I know I’m as capable and competitive as ever to run with the front of the field.

“I’ve obviously spent the day on the phone talking to everyone to try and secure funding or avenues for another ride, but as expected, so early into the season is not the time of the year to be trying to find either of those.”

The DFX team will continue to run with team-mate Fabrizio in the 2007 Superbike World Championship as he is a Honda Europe rider, and therefore financed from that source.

Steve will still be at Donington for the third round of the championship on 30/31 March - 1 April, and plans to remain in Europe for the remainder of the racing season, rather than return to his native Australia, in order to try and secure sponsorship or an alternative place on the World Superbike grid.

The Phantom
22nd March 2007, 00:35
They dropped the wrong guy : (

Mach24
22nd March 2007, 11:32
They dropped the wrong guy : (

Whilst I feel for Steve I do believe Fabrizio is a very talented rider and deserves his position in the team.

Hopefully Steve can pick up another ride, perhaps in the Australian Superbike Championship?

NinjaMaster
22nd March 2007, 11:39
Whilst I feel for Steve I do believe Fabrizio is a very talented rider and deserves his position in the team.

Hopefully Steve can pick up another ride, perhaps in the Australian Superbike Championship?
Steve said he'll remain in Europe so a fill in ride in WSB perhaps or BSB.
Pretty crappy by DFX not being up front with the guy. Yeah, I'm sure they had good intentions but if things were that borderline, they should have said that from the start.

neninja
22nd March 2007, 13:01
With Hodgson and now Andrew Pitt and Jeremy McWilliams all without rides, I suspect he'll find it tough finding even a fill-in ride this year.

racer69
23rd March 2007, 05:49
It depends, Martin would be more likely to look at/accept any mid-pack rides that are offered, whereas the likes of those 3 wouldn't even consider it.

Mach24
23rd March 2007, 12:42
It depends, Martin would be more likely to look at/accept any mid-pack rides that are offered, whereas the likes of those 3 wouldn't even consider it.

I'm not so sure about that at this stage of the season and at this stage in some of the careers. Pitty and Jezza have both had better days, whilst they might have something to offer I'm not sure to many want it.... thus Ilmor.

ArmchairBikeFan
24th March 2007, 18:41
Pitt was unlucky to be dumped by Yamaha when he thought the ride was guaranteed, so he hadn't much time to find anything. He had some great performances in WSBK last year. I'm sure a lot of teams would take him.

tha_jackal
26th March 2007, 04:34
Pitt was unlucky to be dumped by Yamaha when he thought the ride was guaranteed, so he hadn't much time to find anything. He had some great performances in WSBK last year. I'm sure a lot of teams would take him.

Im not so sure, hes no spring chicken and he took a while to get competetive on the yammy.. I think he'll struggle to get a ride in any of the world classes from here on in.. Sadly.. Unless he brings cash (like he did to yamaha i believe)

ChrisS
26th March 2007, 16:56
the official world SBK website reports that Martin is still with DFX and will race at Donington

???

patnicholls
27th March 2007, 23:52
Looks like a race-by-race deal, it seems for Steve Martin. Let's hope they can get some cash...or maybe we could try contacting some sponsors ourselves about it (see the other thread...)