PDA

View Full Version : IndyCar in Montreal???

GRW1983
15th November 2012, 00:14
Nascar Nationwide will be racing at Mid-Ohio in 2013 & NOT at Montreal. So, an August race date is now available. It's probably too late for 2013, but surely IndyCar has to be interested for 2014 and beyond. I'm sure the fans would be up for it and it would give Canadian fans a 2nd race in Canada (regardless of Toronto's double-header). I've read that DTM could fill the date, and it worked before for Nationwide/Grand-AM, so why not try an IndyCar/DTM double-header???

I'm quite interested to see what people make of this???

FIAT1
15th November 2012, 12:42
When F1 NJ race happens look for Montreal to be gone and that would be good opportunity for Indycar to pick up a date.

heliocastroneves#3
15th November 2012, 21:01
NASCAR at Mid-Ohio? Isn't that pit complex too small for 43 cars? Well, it would be nice if IndyCar could run at Montreal anyway. :)

call_me_andrew
18th November 2012, 02:56
When there aren't enough pit stalls to go around, NASCAR usually forces the slowest qualifiers to share stalls.

DexDexter
18th November 2012, 21:34
When F1 NJ race happens look for Montreal to be gone and that would be good opportunity for Indycar to pick up a date.

Montreal will stay in the F1 calendar for decades to come.

FIAT1
19th November 2012, 00:04

Great

Don Capps
19th November 2012, 12:19

Famous last words....

Starter
19th November 2012, 13:14
And the factual basis for this is.......?

DexDexter
19th November 2012, 19:22
And the factual basis for this is.......?

The fact that all the teams wanted Montreal back when it was absent for one year and as a result Bernie offered them a discounted sanction fee. It's a successful, well-attended event, they just need to upgrade the facilities a bit. It will stay on the calender.

Starter
19th November 2012, 19:31
The fact that all the teams wanted Montreal back when it was absent for one year and as a result Bernie offered them a discounted sanction fee. It's a successful, well-attended event, they just need to upgrade the facilities a bit. It will stay on the calender.
OK, I understand. The fact is you are speculating. ;)

IceWizard
26th January 2013, 16:44
It's outside Europe so it's probably quite safe from the Bernie axe, based on his recent comments about losing three or four races in Europe...

bricarr2
26th January 2013, 18:53
Would love to see IndyCar on the Il d'Notre Dame. Its a fabulous circuit, and they need more than one event in Canada.

However, it must be said that Montreal is a political minefield with Bernie, the local government, track promoter, etc. I think IndyCar is better off looking into Mont Tremblant or Quebec City.

Jag_Warrior
26th January 2013, 19:06
I'd genuinely like to see IndyCar try to make a deal to race at Montreal. As for New Jersey replacing Montreal, Jersey has had problems just getting off the ground and I question its longevity, in light of that. New Jersey is a lot closer to me than Austin and although I love F1, I have no plans to attend an F1 street race in New Jersey. If I couldn't go to Montreal, I would choose Austin. In fact, Austin might be the race that I'd most like to attend in the near future.

Montreal is just a great and legendary venue. IMO, that's where IndyCar should try to make a deal.

POS_Maggott
29th January 2013, 05:26
OK, I understand. The fact is you are speculating. ;)

...in an argument where the other party was speculating as well.

EagleEye
31st January 2013, 21:30
I'd genuinely like to see IndyCar try to make a deal to race at Montreal. As for New Jersey replacing Montreal, Jersey has had problems just getting off the ground and I question its longevity, in light of that. New Jersey is a lot closer to me than Austin and although I love F1, I have no plans to attend an F1 street race in New Jersey. If I couldn't go to Montreal, I would choose Austin. In fact, Austin might be the race that I'd most like to attend in the near future.

Montreal is just a great and legendary venue. IMO, that's where IndyCar should try to make a deal.

I always enjoyed our time in Montreal. Great circuit, fantastic fans. Nothing has yet to come close to being a huge an event like we used to have in Vancouver, but Montreal would be a nice place to start.