PDA

View Full Version : Btcc 2012 dvd

Alfa Fan
11th November 2012, 19:13
I suggest anyone who will be wanting this gets their pre-order in with amazon.co.uk

I'm assuming a mistake, but they will honour it. 8.00 GBP, superb price!

BTCC Review 2012 (2 DVD Set): Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009SL8TC8)

Alfa Fan
14th November 2012, 03:43
Back up to 14.99 now..

PDS
14th November 2012, 20:52
It will be interesting to see how much they send them out for? Mine is still listed at £8 on my outstanding order.

Alfa Fan
15th November 2012, 11:30
It will be interesting to see how much they send them out for? Mine is still listed at £8 on my outstanding order.

They will honour that price. Amazon always do. If you got it in whilst its £8, that's what you'll pay.

JasonPotato
16th November 2012, 11:14
Not sure i really want the highlights to this season :P

Wasted Talent
16th November 2012, 12:15
Not sure i really want the highlights to this season :P

Buy a "Crash" video - the content will be much the same.....

WT

Bruce D
19th November 2012, 11:10
Why not just get it straight from Duke themselves Motorsport, Sport and Special Interest DVDs, Books, Gifts and Prints : Duke Video (http://www.dukevideo.com) , free worldwide shipping and with the discount code from the btcc.net site you get it for the same price.

Alfa Fan
19th November 2012, 12:54
Why not just get it straight from Duke themselves Motorsport, Sport and Special Interest DVDs, Books, Gifts and Prints : Duke Video (http://www.dukevideo.com) , free worldwide shipping and with the discount code from the btcc.net site you get it for the same price.

You won't get it from Duke for the £8 I'm paying! Amazon has free shipping at 14.99 currently, no codes required! Duke is always uncompetitive.

Bruce D
19th November 2012, 12:59
Ah, true not the £8, no. I lost faith in Amazon when all my disc kept arrive loose in their case and half-scratched. I've only had that once from Duke in 10 years of buying from them. Duke may be uncompetitive in their prices but for us overseas the free worldwide shipping makes a big difference compared to the rip-off of all the other sites.

BDunnell
19th November 2012, 14:37
No way would I have spent more than eight quid for a DVD with commentary by Toby Moody. What a reminder of how ineffably awful a job he did.

PDS
20th November 2012, 21:48
My £8 DVD turned-up today. Just need to find time to watch it.

JasonPotato
21st November 2012, 01:59
Can you not buy this on blu-ray yet? I mean it's shot in 720p on ITV4 HD and if you look in the right place you can download the races in HD but yet no official release? I guess they think the market isn't there and they're probably right.

Much rather spend my money getting all the 90s on DVD instead of video.

Alfa Fan
21st November 2012, 03:40
My £8 DVD turned-up today. Just need to find time to watch it.

Same. Wish they'd edit them more concisely. 3 hours would be perfect, maybe 4.

BDunnell
22nd November 2012, 14:43
Same. Wish they'd edit them more concisely. 3 hours would be perfect, maybe 4.

This year's DVD is the worst for a long time. No full grid run-downs for each race, the odd interview thrown in seemingly at random, and the most dreadful commentary the BTCC has ever had.

PDS
22nd November 2012, 18:59
I wish they would do the same as the Flying Legends Airshow DVD I buy every year. People too complained about the incessant dribble the commentators were coming out with. So now you can turn the commentary off on the DVD by using the Audio button on your remote control!!!

Brilliant Idea!!

tintin
27th November 2012, 15:09
Can you not buy this on blu-ray yet? I mean it's shot in 720p on ITV4 HD and if you look in the right place you can download the races in HD but yet no official release? I guess they think the market isn't there and they're probably right.

It's 1080i on ITV4.