PDA

View Full Version : Missing N.O.T.

GOODSPEED
8th November 2012, 20:19
I know this is going to cause controversy but, i'm actually missing his opinion on matters. As someone who is mainly a forum observer (rather than a regular poster) I think he certainly made a lot of great contributions to the sport many on here love.
Will he return?

Doon
8th November 2012, 20:26
I know this is going to cause controversy but, i'm actually missing his opinion on matters. As someone who is mainly a forum observer (rather than a regular poster) I think he certainly made a lot of great contributions to the sport many on here love.
Will he return?

Why did he go? Banned? I actually agreed with him......on a few occasions!

dimviii
8th November 2012, 20:26
Not at October would move to UK.
Maybe is busy about the move.

Francis44
8th November 2012, 20:40
He was kinda off a highlight of the forum for me, hope we comes back.

igi
8th November 2012, 20:59
I am mainly observer (regular) and I miss him. He is a spice of this forum :)

Doon
8th November 2012, 21:50
Where has he moved to in the UK? I want to go for a pint with him!!!

tommeke_B
8th November 2012, 22:51
Pitty he's not posting anymore... Always "sharp" comments but they always made sense in some way (unlike those of some other active members which I don't even need to name...) :)

stefanvv
8th November 2012, 23:56
He is real Rally fan, isn't he?

A FONDO
9th November 2012, 08:25
hes like a smaller brother/sister/cousin - driving you crazy when nearby, but boring without him :D

Rallyper
9th November 2012, 08:55
And when having contacts with him privately before going to Greece this June, he was very polite and did have some good advices to me. Little brother - yes, good description.

Formaldehyde
9th November 2012, 12:58
Argh! As another lurker, I'm glad someone posted this! I was thinking about posting this exact same message. This forum feels kinda boring without him...

EDIT: According to his profile, his "last activity" was on October 25th, even though he has not posted for longer than that. So he's probably still around, lurking... too good for us, huh?

Brother John
9th November 2012, 13:45
:p
Argh! As another lurker, I'm glad someone posted this! I was thinking about posting this exact same message. This forum feels kinda boring without him...

EDIT: According to his profile, his "last activity" was on October 25th, even though he has not posted for longer than that. So he's probably still around, lurking... too good for us, huh?

:) Yes me and N.O.T. sitting here together to see which threads are fun. :p

OldF
9th November 2012, 14:40
Maybe he has moved to the F1 forum following his favourite driver hamburger Kimi. ;)

mousti
9th November 2012, 15:37
NOT is a bit the Sheldon Cooper of Motorsportsforums :D

Verstuurd van mijn SK17i met Tapatalk

NxOxT
9th November 2012, 19:11
the reason for me not posting is because i was permanently banned... after 11+ years in this forum i must say i was only disappointed that they did not gave me a reason for it...

my last post was on a thread a nobody promoter did for advertising reasons advertising his rally raid team in the rally section...my reply was something like "mods delete this thread of nothingness" the thread was deleted and i was banned...

it was nice sharing info with all you guys... even nicer when i was arguing with almost every one of you about the sport i love... not going to post anymore since i am not very fond to be in a place i am unwanted by the people who pay the bills for it...it is just not polite... and i am a very polite person(apart from handsome and incredibly intellectual , but sure i am going to follow the best rally forum on the interwebs since there is not place like motorsport forum...

Now brother john move this thread to pub talk because it has nothing to do with true rallying...and please mods delete the N.O.T and this account.

PS: if anyone wants to meet i am in Oxford so send me an e-mail if you want some rally talk over a pint...or 5.

Farewell.

Coach 2
9th November 2012, 19:27
Really miss you NOT, really. My first discussion was with you on this forum, and it was really nice.

Take care.

dimviii
9th November 2012, 19:28
Hey hold on Greg!I am sure that Admin have to rethink about your ban.This thread opened for a reason from our forum mates.
I vote for NOT to be again at motorsportforums.com.
I am sure that Mark will see again this case. ;)

tommeke_B
9th November 2012, 19:48
PS: if anyone wants to meet i am in Oxford so send me an e-mail if you want some rally talk over a pint...or 5.
Says the person who doesn't add his e-mail in the post... ;)

A FONDO
9th November 2012, 19:48
my last post was on a thread a nobody promoter did for advertising reasons advertising his rally raid team in the rally section...my reply was something like "mods delete this thread of nothingness" the thread was deleted and i was banned...

Well, this is absurdish. When I combine it with the "infractions warnings" I have received recently, I reckon our admins are just too "far away" from the rally section and they just want to wipe their hands quickly and get away.

Mark
9th November 2012, 20:08
Nobody ever gets a ban for a single I incident. No ban is ever completely permanent -- just ask Daniel ;)

dimviii
9th November 2012, 20:18
Nobody ever gets a ban for a single I incident. No ban is ever completely permanent -- just ask Daniel ;)

You mean that NOTs ban is ended?

Mark
9th November 2012, 20:23
With any banned member if they wish to approach me and make a representation I'll consider it.

dimviii
9th November 2012, 20:32
ok Mark, point taken. ;)

Mise
9th November 2012, 20:40
Will The True Not rise again?

Barreis
9th November 2012, 20:50
This forum became too cultural last months... :D

stefanvv
9th November 2012, 20:51
Just like the Rallies... :D

AndyRAC
9th November 2012, 20:57
Hasn't been the same, no little Sick Dogs... ;)

Rallyper
10th November 2012, 10:35
Well, what should you say? As said before me too missing NOT, and canīt understand why heīd been banned. Apparently heīs busy doing other things, but as he told us above heīs visiting and "reading the best forum for the sport he loves" I canīt see any reason why NOT shouldīnt start writing as well.

WELCOME BACK N.O.T. AND START COMMENT!!! :bounce:

Coach 2
10th November 2012, 11:00
Please, we are bored.

wwbroe
10th November 2012, 12:40
I can't see the real reason why he was banned in the first place. I allways liked his view of things, sometimes he was a little rude but most of the time telling truth, so it never bothered me. Hope administrators can have a look into this matter. ;)

wrchirek
10th November 2012, 12:52
N.O.T., please return, I'll send you a copy of the 2012 yearbook as well if you come back ;)

bretddog
10th November 2012, 13:38
and i am a very polite person

I think he needs 6-10 more months..

Funny I always thought it was the click-revenue that made him immune to bans..

Two months for all our countless hours, no.. days and weeks, wasted on scrolling page after page in every thread, of endless 5-year-old arguments for each single post that triggers his demented compulsion to annoy and irritate, even the utter immature new fragile prepubescent fan?

Rehabilitated? Please show us something..
- confession?
- proof of diagnosis and receipt of permanent medication?

tommeke_B
10th November 2012, 14:42
@bretddog: You seem to be very annoyed by N.O.T... Did it hurt to read his opinion? Did he have comments about "your hero"? Everyone should be allowed to post on this forum as long as they are polite, you can always use the ignore-function if you don't want him to hurt you with his opinions and "5-year old arguments". :)

Mauri A
10th November 2012, 14:58
This forum became too cultural last months... :D
Thank Heavens you are still here with your non cultural comments.

dimviii
10th November 2012, 15:22
I think he needs 6-10 more months..

Funny I always thought it was the click-revenue that made him immune to bans..

Two months for all our countless hours, no.. days and weeks, wasted on scrolling page after page in every thread, of endless 5-year-old arguments for each single post that triggers his demented compulsion to annoy and irritate, even the utter immature new fragile prepubescent fan?

Rehabilitated? Please show us something..
- confession?
- proof of diagnosis and receipt of permanent medication?

open a beer and relax mate.Its just a forum.

bretddog
10th November 2012, 15:26
@bretddog: You seem to be very annoyed by N.O.T... Did it hurt to read his opinion? Did he have comments about "your hero"? Everyone should be allowed to post on this forum as long as they are polite, you can always use the ignore-function if you don't want him to hurt you with his opinions and "5-year old arguments". :)

I valued a lot of N.O.Ts opinions. His issue is not in any shape on the level of opinion.

amilk
10th November 2012, 17:40
I valued a lot of N.O.Ts opinions. His issue is not in any shape on the level of opinion.

N.O.T. is an added value here - he challenge the sport and us which is good, he hopefully come back.

Allyc85
10th November 2012, 17:54
A life time ban is rediculous!

Ok N.O.T. has a "unique" way of getting his point accross which can be annoying, but to ban him, really?

pettersolberg29
10th November 2012, 17:54
When he debated rallying he was excellent. Unfortunately that was less than 10% of the time! It's no coincidence he was blocked by so many people, however I'd love to have the intelligent, debating N.O.T back one day!

Mark
10th November 2012, 18:07
Bans don't come about unless there are a lot of complaints from a lot of sources for a long time.

It's customary to focus on the very last thing a person did and say that is 'why'. But that's not the case at all.

As I've said upthread if any banned member wishes to approach me and ask to be reinstated I'll consider it.

stefanvv
10th November 2012, 18:10
It think little "respect" to the involved people in this beautiful and beloved sport is what is the problem here.

danon
10th November 2012, 18:37
Let the sinless one cast the YES - stone at NOT first!

stefanvv
10th November 2012, 18:43
The "intelligence" has more than one dimension ;)

sollitt
10th November 2012, 22:02
@bretddog: You seem to be very annoyed by N.O.T... Did it hurt to read his opinion? Did he have comments about "your hero"? Everyone should be allowed to post on this forum as long as they are polite, you can always use the ignore-function if you don't want him to hurt you with his opinions and "5-year old arguments". :) It never hurts to read opinion tommeke. But, as others have stated, the vast majority of N.O.T's postings weren't opinion, they were flagrant insults often directed at people who have given enormously to the sport and who N.O.T didn't even know. And that does hurt.

I never blocked him nor complained about him, preferring instead to challenge him. And in some small way I thought he was mildly entertaining at times. But his absolute and total disregard and disrespect for those actually involved in the sport belie any suggestion that he "loves" the sport of rallying and/or this forum. "Polite" ... yeah right!

Nornbugger
10th November 2012, 22:26
open a beer and relax mate.Its just a forum.

Maybe if NOT had taken this approach he would not have been banned, he posted some great opinions and thoughts but he was IMO often rude to others with different opinions, we all are here becaucse of our love of the sport, all should be allowed to have an opinion on an open forum like this, but none should be put down by another for expressing a different opinion.

dimviii
11th November 2012, 00:33
Maybe if NOT had taken this approach he would not have been banned, he posted some great opinions and thoughts but he was IMO often rude to others with different opinions, we all are here becaucse of our love of the sport, all should be allowed to have an opinion on an open forum like this, but none should be put down by another for expressing a different opinion.

So what would you suggest,to ban him for ever,to shoot him,or to extract his nails while alive?*
Just internet mates,we are all different characters,something which annoys you,maybe make me smile,something it is for you rude,for me just not polite.

* my opinion is the admin to install Kimi photo at NOTs avatar,and Nobre as a signature. :D while he can t move the photos-signature.

stefanvv
11th November 2012, 00:37
* my opinion is the admin to install Kimi photo at NOTs avatar,and Nobre as a signature. :D while he can t move the photos-signature.

You want to torture him?

EDIT: the road to humilliation?

Sulland
11th November 2012, 12:44
I rarely comment on personal stuff here, since there are other ways to ask someone to clarify, or to take it easy - they could have approached NOT with those if they did not like his provocations in here!

But in most countries there are freedom of speach, that should also apply here. We are talking about Rally, and not 'important' stuff, like politics or religion!

Lighten up, life is not that serious, at least not in here !!

WRCfan
14th November 2012, 00:45
Hurry up N.O.T. Time to come back!

kirungi okwogera
15th November 2012, 21:42
I rarely comment on personal stuff here, since there are other ways to ask someone to clarify, or to take it easy - they could have approached NOT with those if they did not like his provocations in here!

But in most countries there are freedom of speach, that should also apply here. We are talking about Rally, and not 'important' stuff, like politics or religion!

Lighten up, life is not that serious, at least not in here !!

N.O.T can call me and my favourite rally drivers sick dogs, tourists, ladycup drivers, idiots etc. any day. His know-it-all attitude was constantly metered by the responses of everyone else here taking the mickey out of him - nothing wrong with some variety in posting/argument style, and people always cut him down to size when he overstepped.

Viva N.O.T!