Seb and Alonso :)

Tazio
28th October 2012, 11:18
Kimi

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4309/alonsoversusvettel2012.jpg

steveaki13
28th October 2012, 11:24
Driver of the Race is a tie:

Vettel - Brilliant drive, calm collected and just done the job.

Alonso - What a race from Fernando. He never stops. To qualify 5th behind Mclaren and pick off them all and finish 2nd was as much as he could do to try holt Red Bulls charge. This race shows exactly the class Alonso has.

Other mentions:
Webber - Did OK with the KERS issues, must be satisfied with a podium.

Raikkonen - I know he didn't finish that high up, but pushed Felipe all the way and was unlucky not to jump him in the pits.

Hulkenberg - Solid drive to 8th. Couldn't do any more really.

Senna- Solid job. Was fast all weekend, just a shame about Quali. He kept his head down and worked his way through the field.

Pic - Another great effort by Charles. Had a poor Qualifying 24th behind the HRTs and yet raced past the HRTs and then beat his teammate Glock in the end. Decent job again.

AndyL
28th October 2012, 11:35
Senna- Solid job. Was fast all weekend, just a shame about Quali. He kept his head down and worked his way through the field.

Pic - Another great effort by Charles. Had a poor Qualifying 24th behind the HRTs and yet raced past the HRTs and then beat his teammate Glock in the end. Decent job again.

Both good calls. Although it's very hard to get a clear picture at that end of the grid, I feel that both Marussia drivers have done good work this year.

Senna was just 0.2s off taking the fastest lap of the race on that final lap by the way!

The Black Knight
28th October 2012, 11:36
Driver of the race is Alonso by a country mile. He continues to show race after race why he is one of the greatest of all time.

Runners up are Vettel, Hamilton, Webber and Senna. All drove excellent races. Another note is that both Alonso and Hamilton left their teammates for dust today.

EDIT:

That pit stop where Hamilton changed his steering wheel was superb. Great to watch. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Also, I was watching on board with Hamilton the last few laps and it was magic to watch. He was on the ragged edge. You always knew that he wouldn't get by barring a mistake from Mark. He was throwing the car around the place though and both he and Mark drove superbly in those closing laps.

Tazio
28th October 2012, 11:39
P1-10 all drove their asses off.
Well done from Bieber :s tareup: to Bruno http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif

CaptainRaiden
28th October 2012, 11:52
Alonso, hands down.

Dave B
28th October 2012, 11:56
It pains me to say Alonso, but he recovered from poor qualifying to make a fantastic start and duke it out with the two McLarens before hunting down Webber and finishing a fine second to keep his championship alive.

There was some proper close racing throughout the field, and almost everybody deserves credit for keeping their noses clean today.

Honourable mention to McLaren's pit crew for replacing Hamilton's steering wheel within a 3.1s pitstop!

pino
28th October 2012, 12:06
Arguably Alonso :D

F1boat
28th October 2012, 12:14
Kimi

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4309/alonsoversusvettel2012.jpg

Great art!

Knock-on
28th October 2012, 12:27
It was almost easier for Vettel to win in that car than lose so just 'job done' from him.

Senna was good all weekend but really needs to sort his Quali pace out.

Hamilton lost a place but it as an awesome race from him. There wasn't anymore he could have got out of that Car.

But the clear driver, by 120% ;) was Fred. Along with Lewis, these two have been the standout drivers this year for me.

Oh, and an honerable metion to Tooned for their episode this week. Very good :D

Tazio
28th October 2012, 12:29
Great art even better plagiarism :D

The Black Knight
28th October 2012, 12:40
It was almost easier for Vettel to win in that car than lose so just 'job done' from him.

Senna was good all weekend but really needs to sort his Quali pace out.

Hamilton lost a place but it as an awesome race from him. There wasn't anymore he could have got out of that Car.

But the clear driver, by 120% ;) was Fred. Along with Lewis, these two have been the standout drivers this year for me.

Oh, and an honerable metion to Tooned for their episode this week. Very good :D

Agreed. Hamilton and Alonso have been drivers of the year for me as well.

I think you're a bit harsh on Senna. I think he would have out qualified Maldonado yesterday but the wind changed direction between his and Maldonado's run.

The tooned every week is great. I love it. Going to miss it next year. Not sure if they'll do it but can't imagine it being the same with Button and Perez.

Alonso made a point in an interview that he didn't think the atmosphere in McLaren team was great at the moment. Not sure about that but I did think that Button chopped Hamilton at the start of the race as if to send a message - at least that's what it looked like to me at the time. Lewis sent the only message that was needed to McLaren by overtaking Button and finishing 13 seconds ahead of him by the end of the race though. He was also easier on his tires than Jenson today.

Knock-on
28th October 2012, 12:57
I think you're a bit harsh on Senna. I think he would have out qualified Maldonado yesterday but the wind changed direction between his and Maldonado's run.

Senna has qualified on average 4 places behind Pastor this season. Pastor has made it into the top 10 on 9 occssions including a pole while Senna has only made it once with a solitary 9th.

Saying that, he looks OK on race day and is only one place behind Pastor. If he can qualify better, I am sure he would be worthy of that seat as he looks like a safe pair of hands, although not exceptional.

Zico
28th October 2012, 13:03
Alonso... brilliant as usual.

Cooper_S
28th October 2012, 13:25
Considering the idea is always to win a race the driver of the race is the winner... Vettel.

ShiftingGears
28th October 2012, 13:32
Alonso.

Malbec
28th October 2012, 15:07
P1-10 all drove their asses off.

Give credit where its due, everyone drove their asses off today.

For me special mention goes to Alonso but at the back of the grid Pic and Petrov both put stonking performances in, well outperforming their salaried experienced teammates.

Heikki in particular doesn't seem to be demonstrating his worth at the moment. Time for a change Caterham?

Malbec
28th October 2012, 15:09
Senna has qualified on average 4 places behind Pastor this season. Pastor has made it into the top 10 on 9 occssions including a pole while Senna has only made it once with a solitary 9th.

I've never rated Senna but this season he's been shackled by losing a Friday FP session to Bottas on a regular basis and he's been far more consistent albeit slower than Maldonaldo which is why he's not far behind his teammate despite not getting anywhere near winning a race.

I wouldn't shed a tear if he doesn't keep his seat next season but I'd understand the logic if he kept it.

wedge
28th October 2012, 16:20
Alonso

Solid drive by Hulk

driveace
28th October 2012, 16:54
Solid ,good drive by Alonso who never gives up.Hamilton hussled the car and got the better out of it than Button,still the Red Bulls make the race boring! Superior cars ,and I fell asleep!Unless Ferrari can find some magic in the genie ,we are in for a Vettel runaway to the end of the championship!

donKey jote
28th October 2012, 18:51
http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gifAlonso http://i46.tinypic.com/hv9ul3.gif

gloomyDAY
28th October 2012, 21:49
Fernando Alonso. :(

kfzmeister
29th October 2012, 03:38
The Terminator. Makes a massive move on the Maccas right away, then splits 'em. Makes another move and hounds Webber most of the race. Ends up splitting the Red Bulls for a solid second. Out of the top 7 starting positions, he's the only one to move ahead.
Please GOD, help Ferrari with their aero updates these next few races and perhaps a mishap with Seb, so this man can claim his long overdue third title.

Robinho
29th October 2012, 04:11
I think Alonso, never stopped pushing, an appeared to be outdriving the car. Vettel was very impressive, Hamilton hustled well, I though Senna had a very good drive, passed his way into the points twice, and was unlucky to come out where/when he did. might have been a seat saving drive

longisland
29th October 2012, 08:42
Man of the race
1) Herman Tilke - The Buddh track may be the best Tilke Dome to date.
2) Bernie - It's his birthday & a feat in itself having lived for so long; not that it's a bad thing.

zako85
29th October 2012, 09:32
For me, Alonso.

Vettel did his usual thing. I don't mean to diminish his accomplishment, but I'd rank him as the driver of race if he had to finish first while under high pressure, which didn't happen this time.

kfzmeister
29th October 2012, 11:20
Not sure how i missed it (probably cause it was soooo fast!), but how 'bout the dude that put Ham's steering wheel on and even Ham for yanking the old one off so quickly? Definitely worth a mention,........after Alonso. :D

Malbec
29th October 2012, 11:39
Solid drive by Hulk

Forgot about that one, another nail in the coffin for PdR's reputation.

Tazio
29th October 2012, 13:54
Man of the race
1) Herman Tilke - The Buddh track may be the best Tilke Dome to date.
2) Bernie - It's his birthday & a feat in itself having lived for so long; not that it's a bad thing.
Nowhear near perfect, but with its rolling elevation changes, and variety of turns I rate it better than than average when cosidering all current F1 venues. Perhaps in the future it will draw more than 60,000 in paid attendace.

wedge
29th October 2012, 14:32
Forgot about that one, another nail in the coffin for PdR's reputation.

http://www.motorsportforums.com/f1/155841-donkey-race-india.html#post1078284

TheFamousEccles
30th October 2012, 04:27
Webber, simply because he had the usual (repetitive) KERS issues, and had the pit crew in his ear constantly getting him to cycle through various resets on those mad steering "wheels", and when it was reinstated he was significantly down on power. All this whilst defending against two highly rated drivers (i use that term loosely for Ali G, I dont rate him at all - but that's for another thread).

N. Jones
30th October 2012, 15:00
Hulkenberg. He is mastering di Resta and should make Whitmarsh squirm. The Hulk should be at McLaren. Perez has talent but he needs another season to mature.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th October 2012, 18:22
I have to go for Alonso. He was incredible today. If he was driving a Red Bul nobody would have got close to him.

Javi_racing
31st October 2012, 19:58
undoubtedly Alonso, although vettle did a brillant race too

btw, Im new here, just a suggestion why dont you make a poll in thread like this? :)

Tazio
1st November 2012, 13:15
undoubtedly Alonso, although vettle did a brillant race too

btw, Im new here, just a suggestion why dont you make a poll in thread like this? :) Is that you hiding in plain sight...Tamb'? ;)

Because it's more amusing to insult the sh!t out of each other in a very petty way! :p :
Welcome :)

Javi_racing
1st November 2012, 22:05
Heheh sorry mate what do you mean, I don't understand very well your comment (still learning English xD)

Anyway thank you, I'm glad to find this forum :)

Tazio
1st November 2012, 22:48
You little deamon, it is Tamburello you old sot :dozey:
It's the MO ;) as said -Wellcome! What are your current thoughts on the chances of Scuderia Alonso?

tfp
1st November 2012, 23:22
Hulkenberg. He is mastering di Resta and should make Whitmarsh squirm. The Hulk should be at McLaren. Perez has talent but he needs another season to mature.

Must agree with everything here. Di resta is being monstered by the hulk, even though I always thought it would be a good fight between them. Pains me to say it aswel as I'd love to see another briton to rise to the top.
Also, yeah, I think (judging from this season, anyway) hulk is more deserving of the McLaren seat than Sergio.

Robinho
2nd November 2012, 05:00
Must agree with everything here. Di resta is being monstered by the hulk, even though I always thought it would be a good fight between them. Pains me to say it aswel as I'd love to see another briton to rise to the top.
Also, yeah, I think (judging from this season, anyway) hulk is more deserving of the McLaren seat than Sergio.

I think a few have been a little quick to write off Di Resta on recent comparative performances to Hulkenburg -it seems there has been a big problem with his car. I expect we'll see them back to being very closely matched again now

Force India's Paul di Resta says 'fundamental' car issue now solved - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103903)

Javi_racing
2nd November 2012, 14:18
You little deamon, it is Tamburello you old sot :dozey:
It's the MO ;) as said -Wellcome! What are your current thoughts on the chances of Scuderia Alonso?

heheh okey! My current thoughts? Fernando is capable of anything, he will fight until the end and I think everything can happen, he has the same chances as Vettle (well, he is in a worse situation ok, but It would not be the first time alonso makes magic xD)

Tazio
3rd November 2012, 12:10
heheh okey! My current thoughts? Fernando is capable of anything, he will fight until the end and I think everything can happen, he has the same chances as Vettle :dozey: :( (well, he is in a worse situation ok, but It would not be the first time alonso makes magic xD)

True

Tazio
3rd November 2012, 13:23
Caterham bro sucks...still :confused:

Garry Walker
3rd November 2012, 14:25
India was again proof of how much better than bieber Alonso is. Great race in an inferior car.