PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with Karting Documentary - Views on money in Karting?

HewgillKarting
22nd October 2012, 18:01
Hi everyone. My name is Christian Hewgill, I am a former Kart Racer (mostly Whilton Mill and Shenington between 2004 and 2009). I now work in Broadcasting and am in the final year of my Broadcast Journalism degree, and am looking to make a documentary on Kart Racing, exploring whether or not the vast amount of money involved in Karting is blocking potential talent from climbing the motorsport ladder, or whether talent can still shine without significant funds.

I’d really like to talk to you if you have strong views on the subject. I’m also looking to follow a team / driver for a weekend with a camera, if you believe you / your driver are battling against other drivers who have financial advantages. Likewise it would also be of great benefit for me to talk to you if either you have stopped Karting due to lack of funds, or you have helped drivers get in to Kart Racing through financial support.

I look forward to hearing your views, I’d be really grateful if you could take the time to contact me on the subject. It won't allow me to post my E Mail address so if you drop me a private message or respond to this post I'll send you it.

Cheers, Christian.

fenners
17th November 2012, 11:37
racing on a shoe-string budget which included carrying my kart on the roofrack and borrowing vans etc! I raced club meetings MBKC and GYG/Rowrah with some decent results, until 2006/2007 when I did the Super one on a shoe-string too and finished fifth in Rotax 177 in 06 and 8th in DD2 in 07.

Be glad to relate my experiences to you if this helps at all, can contact me at petrolheaven dot co dot uk

Regards

Graeme

Hi everyone. My name is Christian Hewgill, I am a former Kart Racer (mostly Whilton Mill and Shenington between 2004 and 2009). I now work in Broadcasting and am in the final year of my Broadcast Journalism degree, and am looking to make a documentary on Kart Racing, exploring whether or not the vast amount of money involved in Karting is blocking potential talent from climbing the motorsport ladder, or whether talent can still shine without significant funds.

I’d really like to talk to you if you have strong views on the subject. I’m also looking to follow a team / driver for a weekend with a camera, if you believe you / your driver are battling against other drivers who have financial advantages. Likewise it would also be of great benefit for me to talk to you if either you have stopped Karting due to lack of funds, or you have helped drivers get in to Kart Racing through financial support.

I look forward to hearing your views, I’d be really grateful if you could take the time to contact me on the subject. It won't allow me to post my E Mail address so if you drop me a private message or respond to this post I'll send you it.

Cheers, Christian.

rjbetty
4th December 2012, 01:58
Now I find this a really interesting thread. I would REALLY wanna know about people's experiences who are on here. I guess pretty much all of us wanted to be racing/rally drivers ourselves when we were growing up, but not many of us got there/or even close? I would very much like to hear the kind of stories about people who wanted to pursue racing, especially the ones who may possibly have had a real talent, but it never got to shine. (This is why I like the F1 rejects site so much, as reading about "reject" drivers, it turns out some of them had amazing talent which mostly wasn't obvious cos of circumstances, but there would be occasions where anyone looking closely (but they usually aren't) would be able to see real talent)

Ok no more waffling for me...

11th January 2013, 17:58
Its a really interested .Thanks for sharing.I will enjoy this .As I do have some spare time.

BlueShift
30th January 2013, 01:40
Subscribed, very interested in this!