PDA

View Full Version : Btcc 2013

Alfa Fan
16th October 2012, 01:13
So...

6 Insignias in 2012?!

Thorney Motorsport - Team Hard purchase TWO Insignia VXR-R's (http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk/racing/btcc/team-hard-purchase-two-ngtc-insignia-vxrr-474.shtml)

I'll very much believe it when I see it, but Tony Gilham has bought two of them, Thorney themselves have a "major sponsor" in place to run another two, and he has interest from two other teams for a car each. Crazy.

P.S. Not as crazy as this forum banning capital letters in thread names...

AndySpeed
16th October 2012, 18:29
It looks like they've still got a long way to go but good luck to John Thorne and his organisation on their next step in the BTCC.

I've also been pleased to see Tony Gilham taking competing in the BTCC as a team seriously and not just for his own gratification. Building your own race team takes time and dedication and I hope that he can rise through the ranks over the coming years as a successful team owner.

BDunnell
16th October 2012, 18:43
It looks like they've still got a long way to go but good luck to John Thorne and his organisation on their next step in the BTCC.

I've also been pleased to see Tony Gilham taking competing in the BTCC as a team seriously and not just for his own gratification. Building your own race team takes time and dedication and I hope that he can rise through the ranks over the coming years as a successful team owner.

This is one of the reasons I'm not overly comfortable with all the criticism of 'drivers with money'. There are some pretty useful ones in the BTCC at the moment who deserve more credit than they get.

Alfa Fan
22nd October 2012, 14:08
Motorbase's transporter is up for sale alongside their 3 Focus' from this season. I find it curious the transporter is being sold, usually only when a team is leaving, but with them building the NGTC Focus that seems very unlikely?

Allyc85
22nd October 2012, 18:20
I saw something on FB that Motorbase have been using a brand new Volvo lorry so I wouldnt read into that too much...I think!

Other news AMD are looking to race an NGTC car next season and keep Ollie Jackson as their driver.

Tony Hughes wont be returning to the BTCC next year. His pace hasnt been great, but he has been solid enough and not ruined anyone elses races, unlike MGs pay driver...

BDunnell
22nd October 2012, 18:45
Other news AMD are looking to race an NGTC car next season and keep Ollie Jackson as their driver.

I wish them well. They've stuck with the championship, their car has improved steadily, and Jackson has done a pretty good job with it this year, showing some real flashes of pace late on.

Iain
22nd October 2012, 19:37
Motorbase's transporter is up for sale alongside their 3 Focus' from this season. I find it curious the transporter is being sold, usually only when a team is leaving, but with them building the NGTC Focus that seems very unlikely?

Upgrading to new or better equipment perhaps?

Eurotech
12th November 2012, 17:18
unlike MGs pay driver...
Neately said ;)

Alfa Fan
12th November 2012, 23:39
Speedworks, 2 new cars, 2 new drivers...watch this space!

Eurotech
17th November 2012, 10:55
New to the team or new to the series?

Also any thoughts on the possibility of some privateer MGs next year?

Alfa Fan
17th November 2012, 12:12
New to the team.

Eurotech
26th November 2012, 17:13
I've heard MG are trying to get a better driver to back up Plato for next year, does this mean Neate's gone or a 3 car team next season?

Tixy54
3rd December 2012, 14:34
I think that someone (I can't think who might athe moment) should look at the posssibility of running Skoda VRS in the 2013 BTCC.

Eurotech
12th December 2012, 11:17
TH Motorsport attempted last year to do so... didn't end well

DazzlaF1
14th December 2012, 20:48
Honda have confirmed Shedden and Neal again for 2013

BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3276)

LINEUP SO FAR

HONDA - Honda Civic Type R: Gordon Shedden, Matt Neal
MG - MG6 GT: Jason Plato, ???
WEST SURREY - BMW 125i: ???, ???
MOTORBASE - Ford Focus ST: Mat Jackson, Aron Smith[/b]
TEAM HARD/GILHAM - Volkswagen Passat: ???, ??? Vauxhall Insignia VXR: ???, ??? Honda Civic Type R*: ???
EUROTECH - Honda Civic Type R: Andrew Jordan, Jeff Smith
ROB AUSTIN - Audi A4: Rob Austin, ???
SPEEDWORKS - Toyota Avensis: ???, ???
THORNEY - Vauxhall Insignia VXR: ???, ???
AmD MILLTEK - ???: Ollie Jackson
BTC - Chevrolet Cruze: Chris Stockton
CICELEY - Toyota Avensis: Adam Morgan
DYNOJET - Toyota Avensis: Frank Wrathall
TECH-SPEED - Chevrolet Cruze*: Joe Girling
WELCH - Proton Persona: Daniel Welch

* S2000 machinery

BDunnell
15th December 2012, 11:39
Didn't see the WSR 1-series coming. Interesting choice.

BDunnell
15th December 2012, 11:40
Honda have confirmed Shedden and Neal again for 2013

BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3276)

LINEUP SO FAR

HONDA - Honda Civic Type R: Gordon Shedden, Matt Neal
MG - MG6 GT: Jason Plato, ???
MOTORBASE - Ford Focus ST: Mat Jackson, Aron Smith[/b]
TEAM HARD/GILHAM - Volkswagen Passat: ???, ??? Vauxhall Insignia VXR: ???, ??? Honda Civic Type R*: ???
EUROTECH - Honda Civic Type R: Andrew Jordan, Jeff Smith
ROB AUSTIN - Audi A4: Rob Austin, ???
SPEEDWORKS - Toyota Avensis: ???, ???
THORNEY - Vauxhall Insignia VXR: ???, ???
AmD MILLTEK - ???: Ollie Jackson
BTC - Chevrolet Cruze: Chris Stockton
CICELEY - Toyota Avensis: Adam Morgan
DYNOJET - Toyota Avensis: Frank Wrathall
TECH-SPEED - Chevrolet Cruze*: Joe Girling
WELCH - Proton Persona: Daniel Welch

* S2000 machinery

Not all of that list is officially confirmed by any means, surely?

tintin
22nd December 2012, 22:57
Not all of that list is officially confirmed by any means, surely?

Indeed. I think just 8 of them are actually confirmed.
Though there are five more which it would be a surprise if they didn't happen.

DazzlaF1
23rd December 2012, 21:27
I know it wasn't an officially confirmed list, i compiled that list using a combination of stories read on various sites (autosport, crash, btcc.co.uk etc etc etc) Thats why last year I included that TH Skoda entry as they had announced their intentions, of course that failed to properly materialise.

I think of it mre as a "potential" entry list

Robinho
28th December 2012, 02:03
From what I've seen Dave newsham is going to be in a Toyota, (morgan's team?) and Tom O-C is going to be in one of Gillhams Passats

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BDunnell
28th December 2012, 11:33
From what I've seen Dave newsham is going to be in a Toyota, (morgan's team?) and Tom O-C is going to be in one of Gillhams Passats

No, Newsham is going to be in a Speedworks Toyota. Morgan, of course, will be driving for his family's Ciceley team in 2013 rather than Speedworks. In addition to those you mention, Jack Goff has been confirmed in one of the Gilham Insignias. It's refreshing to see so many campaigns being firmed up at such an early stage, and so much activity in terms of the building of new cars. Some good drivers confirmed, too.

Meanwhile, some very interesting comments from Rob Huff about the difficulties in looking for a touring car drive these days: WTCC champion Rob Huff would consider BTCC return - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104933)

Robinho
30th December 2012, 00:00
Thanks for clearing that up, I must admit I have lost track of some of the teams, especially the Toyotas. Are speedworks new to running the avensis?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BDunnell
30th December 2012, 02:33
Are speedworks new to running the avensis?

No. They ran Hughes in 2011, and then Morgan and O'Neill/Hughes in 2012.

Tixy54
1st January 2013, 14:33
I've heard MG are trying to get a better driver to back up Plato for next year, does this mean Neate's gone or a 3 car team next season?

Had you not heard that Neate has left the team. Mr Plato couldn't handle having someone else competitive in the team. If another team member/driver was having more success than him there would be an explosion that none of us could handle.

JasonPotato
1st January 2013, 19:32
He has had competitive teammates but most of them have been inconsistent. Only in the most recent seasons i would say his teammates have been poor. Personally i hope Paul O'Neill will be driving the other MG and i'm sure he will give Plato a run for his money.

BDunnell
9th January 2013, 21:10
Had you not heard that Neate has left the team.

And, confirmed today, set up his own.

Andy Neate establishes own BTCC team for 2013 season - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105025)

Hmmm.

Robinho
10th January 2013, 04:58
interesting stuff, so far we've got a couple of drivers in the Insignias, Neate with a new team, AMD building at least one Astra for use sometime this season, TOC in one of the Passat CC's, more Toyotas and a possible retur for Rob Huff. Next season really could be quite interesting, just in terms of the size of field and variety of cars at the very least

BDunnell
10th January 2013, 10:40
interesting stuff, so far we've got a couple of drivers in the Insignias, Neate with a new team, AMD building at least one Astra for use sometime this season, TOC in one of the Passat CC's, more Toyotas and a possible retur for Rob Huff. Next season really could be quite interesting, just in terms of the size of field and variety of cars at the very least

There's a lot of activity, that's for sure, especially in the new car-building department. A good thing.

I am evil Homer
10th January 2013, 13:28
Now all we need is some better quality drivers. I like the idea of the car mix (the VW CC choice still puzzles me!) but the mooted driver line ups leave me a little cold.

BDunnell
10th January 2013, 13:33
Now all we need is some better quality drivers. I like the idea of the car mix (the VW CC choice still puzzles me!) but the mooted driver line ups leave me a little cold.

Possibly. The return of one or two more of the bigger names would be welcome, but I'm not sure it's realistic.

Alfa Fan
11th January 2013, 20:54
Rob Collard is currently 3 months into an 18-month driving ban. I'm shocked..

BDunnell
11th January 2013, 21:15
Rob Collard is currently 3 months into an 18-month driving ban. I'm shocked..

He competed (legally, it must be added) in the BTCC while banned from driving in 2010, as well, as this report outlines: Racing driver Rob Collard banned from driving (From Basingstoke Gazette) (http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/9960026.Racing_driver_Rob_Collard_banned_from_driv ing/)

Alfa Fan
11th January 2013, 21:21
He competed (legally, it must be added) in the BTCC while banned from driving in 2010, as well, as this report outlines: Racing driver Rob Collard banned from driving (From Basingstoke Gazette) (http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/9960026.Racing_driver_Rob_Collard_banned_from_driv ing/)

Yes, I'm not suggesting it would affect his race licence, but not really something someone aspiring to be a "professional" driver should have happen.

BDunnell
11th January 2013, 21:30
Yes, I'm not suggesting it would affect his race licence, but not really something someone aspiring to be a "professional" driver should have happen.

I'm not condoning it by any means; however, I do recall at least one very well-known F1 driver losing their licence for a time over speeding offences.

Alfa Fan
12th January 2013, 01:52
Time for a round up of where we're upto with team / car / driver line-ups for 2013 I think. It's genuinely looking like a pretty massive grid this year.

Honda Yuasa Racing (Team Dynamics) Honda Civic 2 cars Gordon Shedden / Matt Neal 2 CONFIRMED
MG KX Momentum Racing (Triple Eight) MG 6 2-4 cars Jason Plato / TBA (Sam Tordoff) / TBA / TBA 2 CONFIRMED, 2 MORE POSSIBLE?
eBay Motors (West Surrey Racing) BMW 1-Series 2-3 cars TBA (Rob Collard) / TBA (Nick Foster) / TBA (Colin Turkington?) 2 CONFIRMED, 1 MORE LIKELY
Redstone Racing (Motorbase Performance) Ford Focus 2-3 cars TBA (Mat Jackson) / TBA (Aron Smith) / TBA 2 AWAITING CONFIRMATION, 1 MORE LIKELY
Pirtek Racing (Eurotech Racing) Honda Civic 2 cars Andy Jordan / Jeff Smith 2 AWAITING CONFIRMATION
Team HARD Volkswagen Passat CC 2 cars Tom Onslow-Cole / TBA (Richard Hawken?) 2 CONFIRMED
Team HARD Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R 2 cars Jack Goff / James Cole 2 CONFIRMED
wixracing.co.uk (Rob Austin Racing) Audi A4 2 cars Rob Austin / Will Bratt 2 CONFIRMED
Dynojet Racing Toyota Avensis 1 car Frank Wrathall 1 LIKELY
Ciceley Racing Toyota Avensis 1 car Adam Morgan 1 CONFIRMED
Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis 2 cars Dave Newsham / TBA (Carl Boardley?) 2 CONFIRMED
Welch Automotive Proton Gen-2 2 cars Dan Welch / TBA 1 VERY LIKELY, 1 MORE POSSIBLE
Thorney Motorsport Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R 2 cars TBA / TBA 1 VERY LIKELY, 1 MORE POSSIBLE
BTC Racing Chevrolet Cruze 1-2 cars Chris Stockton / TBA 1 CONFIRMED, 1 MORE POSSIBLE
AmD Tuning Vauxhall Astra 1 car TBA (Oliver Jackson) 1 CONFIRMED
IP Tech Race Engineering Chevrolet Cruze Andy Neate 1 CONFIRMED

So by my count, 18 confirmed NGTC entries, 4 more just waiting for press releases, and 2 more very likely, as well as up 8 further entries of varying likelihood.

Jack Sears Trophy

BMR Restart SEAT Leon Warren Scott 1 AWAITING FORMAL CONFIRMATION
Team HARD Honda Civic 1 car TBA 1 POSSIBLE?
Techspeed Racing Chevrolet Cruze 1 car Joe Girling 1 LIKELY
Motorbase Performance Ford Focus ST 1-2 cars TBA / TBA 2 POSSIBLE?
AmD Tuning Volkswagen Golf 1 car TBA (Oliver Jackson 1st half of season) 1 CONFIRMED

And so far just AmD's Golf confirmed in the JST, but given the nature of this class, not surprising. Looks like between 3-6 cars running in this class.

Overall it looks like we won't be a million miles away from a full grid this year, much depending on whether Team HARD really delivers.

BDunnell
12th January 2013, 16:42
Overall it looks like we won't be a million miles away from a full grid this year, much depending on whether Team HARD really delivers.

And, all things considered, a pretty interesting one as well.

Alfa Fan
12th January 2013, 16:57
I'm still concerned about the direction the NGTC rules have gone and the performance-balancing due to take place this year. There's little point having different makes and models if they are all equalised and all pretty much the same under the bodywork.

BDunnell
12th January 2013, 17:29
I'm still concerned about the direction the NGTC rules have gone and the performance-balancing due to take place this year. There's little point having different makes and models if they are all equalised and all pretty much the same under the bodywork.

The NGTC rules I have no problem with. The performance balancing I dislike intensely, not least because I think it's totally unnecessary.

Alfa Fan
13th January 2013, 01:06
The team with which Harry Vaulkhard intends to return to the BTCC with is due to be revealed today.

Alfa Fan
13th January 2013, 15:39
The team with which Harry Vaulkhard intends to return to the BTCC with is due to be revealed today.

Or not. Turns out he's off to NASCAR. What a dreamer...

Alfa Fan
13th January 2013, 20:48
Tony Gilham upto 6 entries now, with Robb Holland in one of the extra two VW Passat's being built - in addition to the two that will start the season, the two Insignia's and the Honda Civic.

BDunnell
13th January 2013, 22:14
Tony Gilham upto 6 entries now, with Robb Holland in one of the extra two VW Passat's being built - in addition to the two that will start the season, the two Insignia's and the Honda Civic.

Is it certain that Holland's is an extra Passat?

Alfa Fan
13th January 2013, 22:48
Is it certain that Holland's is an extra Passat?

According to Tony on Twitter, yes.

DazzlaF1
15th January 2013, 19:45

Wow, talk about being ultra ambitious

BTCC LIKELY ENTRY LIST UPDATED (Not all are confirmed, going by news stories and other rumours)
* S2000 Entry

GILHAM/TEAM HARD - VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT: Tom Onslow-Cole, Robb Holland, ??? VAUXHALL INSIGNIA: Jack Goff, James Cole HONDA CIVIC: ???*
HONDA - HONDA CIVIC: Gordon Shedden, Matt Neal
TRIPLE EIGHT - MG6GT: Jason Plato, ???
EUROTECH/PIRTEK - HONDA CIVIC: Andrew Jordan, Jeff Smith
MOTORBASE - FORD FOCUS ST: Mat Jackson, Aron Smith
WIXRACING - AUDI A4: Rob Austin, Will Bratt
SPEEDWORKS - TOYOTA AVENSIS: Dave Newsham, ???
THORNEY - VAUXHALL INSIGNIA: ???, ???
TEAM ES - ???: ???*, Chris James
AMD TUNING - VAUXHALL ASTRA: ???, VOLKSWAGEN GOLF: ???*
BTC - CHEVROLET CRUZE: Chris Stockton
DYNOJET - TOYOTA AVENSIS: Frank Wrathall
CICELEY - TOYOTA AVENSIS: Adam Morgan
TECH-SPEED - CHEVROLET CRUZE: Joe Girling*
WELCH - PROTON PERSONA: Daniel Welch
IP TECH - CHEVROLET CRUZE: Andy Neate

Now if all that comes true then the prospect is mouthwatering, we're talking 32 cars, 17 teams (of which 11 would field more than 1 car), 9 different makes showing 11 different car models and most importantly, 28 of the 32 cars running to Alan Gow's new NGTC regulations

Allyc85
15th January 2013, 20:23
Another new team on the grid with a Seat?

https://twitter.com/CLRTeam

Alfa Fan
16th January 2013, 11:55
Motorsport News reports today that WSR will confirm a three-car entry to the series in the next two weeks, and that former champion Colin Turkington will be part of the line-up.

ATF
16th January 2013, 12:57
Motorsport News reports today that WSR will confirm a three-car entry to the series in the next two weeks, and that former champion Colin Turkington will be part of the line-up.

That would be IMMENSE!! Fingers crossed the deal comes off!

BDunnell
16th January 2013, 13:25

If true, what a boost to the championship.

jj2448jg
16th January 2013, 21:41
Indeed, Turkington was great to watch when he did the odd WTCC race the last few years, when absent from the BTCC. Therefore it is great if this deal comes off.

Truly looking forward to the 2013 BTCC season!

I am evil Homer
17th January 2013, 11:50
Fantastic news if it happens.

Alfa Fan
18th January 2013, 12:09
So Turkington is now back at WSR - all we need is Thompson to find a seat somewhere and then all the British champions will be back in the series.

BDunnell
18th January 2013, 17:22
Terrific news about Turkington — best the series has had for quite a while. It will certainly be interesting to see how he matches up against Collard. Last time they were team-mates Turkington comprehensively blew Collard away, but since then I think Collard has really improved as a driver — absolutely no-one, surely, could have driven the normally-aspirated BMW any quicker in 2011. Very glad to see Foster confirmed again, too. He's more than worthy of a place in the series.

Alfa Fan
25th January 2013, 22:07
How many teams/drivers are going to blame the snow for their poor early season form / failure to show up on time?

BDunnell
26th January 2013, 02:47
How many teams/drivers are going to blame the snow for their poor early season form / failure to show up on time?

Given that hardly any of the cars seem ready to run yet, not many, I should think.

Alfa Fan
1st February 2013, 11:34
Howard Fuller is going to be Tom Onslow-Cole's team-mate in the HARD Volkswagen Passats.

Alfa Fan
4th February 2013, 23:39
Chris James on Twitter (yes I know) suggesting he'll be doing the WTCC this season rather than the BTCC. God I hope so, good riddance.

BDunnell
5th February 2013, 18:19
Chris James on Twitter (yes I know) suggesting he'll be doing the WTCC this season rather than the BTCC.

Delusional.

Allyc85
5th February 2013, 19:10
That is being kind :laugh: :laugh:

Normally id say good luck to said driver, but in this case...

jtsmee
5th February 2013, 19:31
Chris James on Twitter (yes I know) suggesting he'll be doing the WTCC this season rather than the BTCC. God I hope so, good riddance.

If you read the tweet in context you will notice that that wasn't what he said.

James

Delta_HF
5th February 2013, 19:33
Hopefully be paying more attention this season to this series, presume coverage will still be on itv4 ;)

Alfa Fan
5th February 2013, 20:06
If you read the tweet in context you will notice that that wasn't what he said.

James

Spain..? England..? BTCC..? WTCC..? 1, 2 or 3 cars? I'm going to draw line & make the decision! If you dick about, you lose option to choose

Seems pretty clear to me he's at least considering it.

jtsmee
5th February 2013, 20:20
Spain..? England..? BTCC..? WTCC..? 1, 2 or 3 cars? I'm going to draw line & make the decision! If you dick about, you lose option to choose

Seems pretty clear to me he's at least considering it.

"So apparently we ARE doing WTCC. Again I'm only Team Boss, I didn't know we'd signed up today, but thank you Facebook for telling me.... ;-)"

It is by no means confirmed, and is more likely just hyping up fans!

Alfa Fan
11th February 2013, 20:33
Provided I'm not putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, which is entirely possible, it's looking like former hotrod racer Carl Boardley will be announced at Speedworks as Dave Newsham's team-mate later this week.

VkmSpouge
13th February 2013, 09:51
Motorbase confirm Mat Jackson and Árón Smith for 2013:
BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3316)

Iain
14th February 2013, 16:36
Provided I'm not putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, which is entirely possible, it's looking like former hotrod racer Carl Boardley will be announced at Speedworks as Dave Newsham's team-mate later this week.

Ginettas: Carl Boardley-The Official Website (http://www.carlboardley.com/)

PDS
19th February 2013, 13:15
Liam Griffin is back!

Griffin to battle for Jack Sears Trophy - BTCC News - BTCCPages.com (http://www.btccpages.com/news/1/2393/Griffin-to-battle-for-Jack-Sears-Trophy/)

52Paddy
19th February 2013, 13:41
This pre-season build up has great promise. If it's fulfilled, this is gonna be a cracker of a season even if just for the sheer amount of machinery. I don't want to get all hyped up in case of no-shows but, damn, it's hard not to.

VkmSpouge
25th February 2013, 17:11
Frank Wrathall announces his plans for 2013, nothing shocking but nice to have it confirmed anyway.
BTCC :: Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship (http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=3328)

Alfa Fan
9th March 2013, 23:11
So, expected BTCC entry list:

1. Gordon Shedden Team Dynamics Honda Civic
2. Matt Neal Team Dynamics Honda Civic
3. Jason Plato Triple Eight MG 6
4. Sam Tordoff Triple Eight MG 6
5. Colin Turkington West Surrey Racing BMW 125i M-Sport
6. Rob Collard West Surrey Racing BMW 125i M-Sport
7. Nick Foster West Surrey Racing BMW 125i M-Sport
8. Mat Jackson Motorbase Ford Focus
9. Aron Smith Motorbase Ford Focus
10. TBA Motorbase Ford Focus
11. Andy Jordan Eurotech Racing Honda Civic
12. Jeff Smith Eurotech Racing Honda Civic
13. Tom Onslow-Cole Team HARD Volkswagen Passat CC
14. Howard Fuller Team HARD Volkswagen Passat CC
15. Jack Goff Team HARD Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R
16. James Cole Team HARD Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R
17. Rob Austin Rob Austin Racing Audi A4
18. Will Bratt Rob Austin Racing Audi A4
19. Dave Newsham Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis
20. Lea Wood Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis
21. Frank Wrathall Dynojet Racing Toyota Avensis
22. Adam Morgan Ciceley Racing Toyota Avensis
23. Dan Welch Welch Motorsport Proton Gen-2
24. Andy Neate IP Tech Race Engineering Chevrolet Cruze
25. Chris Stockton BTC Racing Chevrolet Cruze
26. TBA Thorney Motorsport Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R
27. TBA Thorney Motorsport Vauxhall Insignia VXR-R

28. Liam Griffin Motorbase Ford Focus ST
29. David Nye Welch Motorsport Ford Focus ST
30. Warren Scott BMR Restart SEAT Leon
31. Joe Girling Techspeed Racing Chevrolet Cruze
32. TBA AmD Tuning Volkswagen Golf

And so the full, capacity 32 car grid that has been touted. The only significant doubts are whether Lea Wood will be confirmed in the second Speedworks car, whether Thorney has entered 1 or 2 cars (they seem adament they have entered), and whether Chris Stockton or Joe Girling have actually placed entries yet.

Frankly the S2000 class is wide-open, I'd say ANY of the suggested entries could win.

BDunnell
9th March 2013, 23:19
The only significant doubts are whether Lea Wood will be confirmed in the second Speedworks car, whether Thorney has entered 1 or 2 cars (they seem adament they have entered), and whether Chris Stockton or Joe Girling have actually placed entries yet.

Regarding Stockton, BTC Racing tweeted on 14 February: 'Entry for @btcc to be sent tomorrow. Massive amounts still to do, but we are on each bit and Brands is not impossible'.

Alfa Fan
9th March 2013, 23:31
Regarding Stockton, BTC Racing tweeted on 14 February: 'Entry for @btcc to be sent tomorrow. Massive amounts still to do, but we are on each bit and Brands is not impossible'.

So seems like they have placed an entry. I hope they make it out for Brands. Appearing at the start of the season is a big credibility boost for a new team (I know they aren't technically new..) How many entries have we heard will be "at the third meeting", then becomes second half of season, then never heard of again.

BDunnell
10th March 2013, 00:13
So seems like they have placed an entry. I hope they make it out for Brands. Appearing at the start of the season is a big credibility boost for a new team (I know they aren't technically new..) How many entries have we heard will be "at the third meeting", then becomes second half of season, then never heard of again.

One thing's for sure — I can't recall so much activity regarding the building of new cars for a long, long time. How many of them will truly be ready for Brands is another matter, but I think it's really positive for the series; and a damn sight more interesting than a load of teams running old SEATs, as in the WTCC.

tintin
11th March 2013, 20:46
So, expected BTCC entry list:

32. TBA AmD Tuning Volkswagen Golf

Now confirmed as James Kaye

BDunnell
11th March 2013, 21:09
Now confirmed as James Kaye

There's a surprise. He didn't do badly when he drove that Integra a couple of years back. Probably the best driver confirmed for the Jack Sears Trophy thus far.