PDA

View Full Version : I will probably banned but... (Football chat) !

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

stevie_gerrard
25th April 2007, 22:14
Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool :( a shame really, but not a surprise, Chelsea really are on form at the moment in europe, and they deserved their win.... just. Both keepers were outstanding tonight :up:

Bolo Zenden, officially the worst player in that liverpool side and possibly in Europe, he was shocking tonight :down: he did hardly anything, yet still got to play the whole game :mad:

oily oaf
26th April 2007, 06:23
You guys have watched Mourinho's interview ? and someone is still wondering why Chelsea is so hated :crazy:

Go Liverpool ! :up: :D

Aw come on my good Italian friend. Don't be so hard on poor old Jose :)
He's an extremely clever man who uses pyschological tricks to upset his opponents but away from football he's a lovely fella who is well liked and respected by his fellow managers.
Mama mia! Even Sir Alex likes him :eek:

Talking of nice guys I heard a rumour that Claudio Ranieri is returning to the Premiership next season. Can you confirm this?

PS what's my old mate and West Ham legend Paulo Di Canio doing these days? Is he still playing in Serie A?

pino
26th April 2007, 06:50
Aw come on my good Italian friend. Don't be so hard on poor old Jose :)
He's an extremely clever man who uses pyschological tricks to upset his opponents but away from football he's a lovely fella who is well liked and respected by his fellow managers.
Mama mia! Even Sir Alex likes him :eek:

Talking of nice guys I heard a rumour that Claudio Ranieri is returning to the Premiership next season. Can you confirm this?

PS what's my old mate and West Ham legend Paulo Di Canio doing these days? Is he still playing in Serie A?

Amico Oily, no doubt José is a good and clever manager but he''s also the most arrogant person I've come across in all thse years i've followed football. I've many doubts he's different in privat life, and that he's liked by other mangers.
Ranieri after a pause he took over at Parma, and he's doing a fantastic job, the club was almost relegated in Serie B and Claudio broght it into a safer place. His last victory with a great help from Rossi (who's on loan from Man U.) was in Palermo 4-3
Di Canio left Lazio and he's now playing for a 4th div Roma Club, he's happy with that, but for what I know he's still missing english football.

Back to Mourinho and yesterday's match, he complaing about a penalty...what penalty ? if he means the hand-touch that was outside the penalty area :dozey:

Ciao :p :

Storm
26th April 2007, 06:54
I saw the game till 60 min mark but slept after that...Liverpool were not bad but not very good in attack :s

oily oaf
26th April 2007, 09:02
Amico Oily, no doubt José is a good and clever manager but he''s also the most arrogant person I've come across in all thse years i've followed football. I've many doubts he's different in privat life, and that he's liked by other mangers.
Ranieri after a pause he took over at Parma, and he's doing a fantastic job, the club was almost relegated in Serie B and Claudio broght it into a safer place. His last victory with a great help from Rossi (who's on loan from Man U.) was in Palermo 4-3
Di Canio left Lazio and he's now playing for a 4th div Roma Club, he's happy with that, but for what I know he's still missing english football.

Back to Mourinho and yesterday's match, he complaing about a penalty...what penalty ? if he means the hand-touch that was outside the penalty area :dozey:

Ciao :p :

Hehehehehe I guess I'm never going to get you to love Jose am I? ;)
I suppose it's a bit like you persuading me to join The Arsene Wenger Fan Club :D
Glad to hear that Paulo is still playing football in his beloved Rome.
As for Claudio I heard that he's been approached by Fulham to take over next season if they don't go down.
I would love to see him back in this country as he's a true gentleman and always has a smile on his face.
What is it with you Italian boys? Are you all nice like Ranieri, Luca Vialli and little Zola?
It must be all that Tagliatelli and Chianti :D

pino
26th April 2007, 09:54
Oily I've nothing against Chelsea, the problem is Mourinho, and yes you have no chance to make me change my mind about him...unless he changes his attitude towards other people.

Yes Paulo is an happy man but as said before he miss english PL and he always rose GB generally.

I agree Claudio is a fantastic person ( the opposite of Mourinho ) :p : and I hope he soon will find a good Team to coach, he deserves it !

No unfortunatelly we are not all nice like Ranieri, Vialli, Zola etc...etc... our friend Bezza can confirm that ;)

Ciao

Storm
26th April 2007, 11:31
Zola, Vialli :up:
I really liked Chelsea back when old Gianfranco was curling those free kicks in and Chelsea were doing well to stay in the top 6. :s

Mourinho talks a lot of crap, but atleast he can back it up with his own performances as coach. As for the - I hate Arsene Whinger club...where do I sign, Oily ? :p :

oily oaf
26th April 2007, 16:29
Zola, Vialli :up:
I really liked Chelsea back when old Gianfranco was curling those free kicks in and Chelsea were doing well to stay in the top 6. :s

Mourinho talks a lot of crap, but atleast he can back it up with his own performances as coach. As for the - I hate Arsene Whinger club...where do I sign, Oily ? :p :

I'm afraid you will have to go to the end of an extremely long queue Stormy.
However on the bright side I will lend you my pen ;)

BeansBeansBeans
26th April 2007, 17:04
I like Jose Mourinho but I try to avoid listening to him when he talks about Liverpool, because it winds me up! That's the whole idea though. He protects his players by putting himself in the firing line. It's all good psycology.

stevie_gerrard
26th April 2007, 21:44
jose Mourinho is the best thing to happen to premiership, european and FA Cup Football.

No, honestly :p : i love the guy, think hes brilliant, i love it how he thinks everybody is against chelsea :p :

tony_yeboah
28th April 2007, 13:59
very interesting so far today in the premiership, i'm wanting man utd to come back and win for my accumulator! :)

also...leeds could be relegated today :(

tony_yeboah
28th April 2007, 15:00
Everton 2-4 Man Utd
Chelsea 2-2 Bolton

I think you could say that it serves jose right for resting 6 players. Not so good management, throwing away the league title.

stevie_gerrard
28th April 2007, 15:36
well the title is pretty much over after those results but i have faith, Chelsea beating Man Utd, and Man Utd having also a derby against Man City (where Man City have caused upsets in the past) and west ham (who may well still be in the fight to survive relegation, so they will be up for it), there is a chance, allbeit small.

Im sure oily would appreciate Hammers doing a favour for his best mate Jose. :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
28th April 2007, 16:21
Arsenal v Chelsea could be a interesting game though.

Anyhew, I've been singing this for an hour now
JohnO--Shea JohnO--Shea :o
Wayne Roo--ney Wayne Roo--ney :o
Christopher Eeeegles Christopher Eeeeegles :o
Ro--naldo, Ro--naldo :o

tony_yeboah
28th April 2007, 19:16
Arsenal v Chelsea could be a interesting game though.

Anyhew, I've been singing this for an hour now
JohnO--Shea JohnO--Shea :o
Wayne Roo--ney Wayne Roo--ney :o
Christopher Eeeegles Christopher Eeeeegles :o
Ro--naldo, Ro--naldo :o

how about phil neville ;)

Bezza
29th April 2007, 15:40
Leeds are down :beer: (more or less, barring a miracle) and their supporters lived up to their reputation as bad losers by invading the pitch before the game had ended. Alan Lee of Ipswich is a legend round here now, it made Preston's 102nd defeat in a row easier to bear. On the other side of the coin, Blackpool could be coming up, I hope they do - because it would be great to have a PNE v Blackpool game again! Forget Liverpool/Everton, Celtic/Rangers, Barcelona/Real Madrid - PNE v Blackpool IS the biggest derby on earth.

Brown, Jon Brow
29th April 2007, 16:33
Forget Liverpool/Everton, Celtic/Rangers, Barcelona/Real Madrid - PNE v Blackpool IS the biggest derby on earth.

Morecambe v Lancaster ;) That's a derby

Ian McC
29th April 2007, 18:51
:s hock:

Didn't see this one coming!

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=463962&CPID=8&clid=30&lid=4161&title=Allardyce+steps+down+at+Bolton

Ian McC
29th April 2007, 18:54
PNE v Blackpool IS the biggest derby on earth.

Whatever..........

Seeing as PNE look like they've blown it and Blackpool are doing well you may get to see it next season.

BTCC2
29th April 2007, 21:56
The biggest derby on earth is Inter Milan vs AC Milan. I went to one in 2001. The atmosphere was out out of this world, english derbys can't compare to it.

stevie_gerrard
30th April 2007, 00:16
What says that Preston wont go up Bezza? :p : play-offs still a reality, you can take albions place :p :

I feel so sorry for Leeds United, i know a lot of leeds fans and they are all gutted. its such a sad day in their history.

pino
30th April 2007, 06:29
The biggest derby on earth is Inter Milan vs AC Milan. I went to one in 2001. The atmosphere was out out of this world, english derbys can't compare to it.

I totaly agree, Roma vs Lazio is also a big one, but the San Siro atmosphere is anbeatable. Although I am a Juve fan, I went there severall times and got impressed and positive shocked every single time.It's an unique experience indeed :up:

pino
30th April 2007, 07:04
What a great fight in La Liga, all 3 contenders won, but I was most impressed by Real, they finally play as Team. Real vs Sevilla next week could be crucial for the title...can't wait to watch it :D

btw in ital Serie B, Juve has 16 points lead on 4th so the return in Serie A is 100% sure now :p :

Italy and Fiorentina striker Luca Toni will sign a contract with Germany Bayern Munich, eventhough both Milan, Inter, and Juve were interested in him.

Storm
30th April 2007, 11:30
Toni got fed up with Serie A ? :p :

Yeah La Liga is hot right now....2 points separate the top 3 with 6 games to go!
Watched Barcelona scrape through 1-0 vs Levante :s and then Rea 2-0 up against Bilbao in the first half.

Brown, Jon Brow
30th April 2007, 11:33
What about the Dutch League. PSV won by one goal from Ajax after a 5-1 win on the last day.

Congrats to Gretna for getting in the SPL after a 3rd successive promotion after a last minute winner in their game.

BTCC2
30th April 2007, 17:06
btw in ital Serie B, Juve has 16 points lead on 4th so the return in Serie A is 100% sure now :p :

Are you sure? Only the top 2 go up automatically don't they?

Reading V Newcastle United tonight at 8pm. Michael Owen is on the bench according to Sky.

oily oaf
30th April 2007, 17:32
Well chaps. Two matches to go for West Ham to avoid the drop. Bolton at home and then a nice easy one against Fergie's Red Army at Old Trafford :eek:
With a bit of luck Manyoo will have already clinched the title and Sir Alex will send the kids out against us ;)
I've still got a nasty feeling that this is another false dawn and we'll take the drop anyway.
It's being so cheerful that keeps me goin' ya know :D

Can't agree with you about Leeds Stevie. 'orrible club, 'orrible manager, 'orrible chairman and 'orrible fans.
Bye bye.

nicemms
30th April 2007, 19:12
As i was born in Hull and sort of a Hull city fan i'm pleased leeds have gone down rather than hull. Its a terrible place for leeds to play in, having to play the likes of hartlepool next season.

stevie_gerrard
30th April 2007, 23:41
Sunderland and Bham both up, cant wait to see Roy Keane as a Premiership manager :up:

Just like to say that Dean Windass is a legend for Hull! :D

CMON LIVERPOOL!! :p :

pino
1st May 2007, 07:35
Go Chelsea :rolleyes:

dwf1
1st May 2007, 20:42
Come on Liverpool (from a newcastle fan)

BeansBeansBeans
1st May 2007, 22:50
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CarlMetro
1st May 2007, 23:54
Oh dear, now what will the special one say?

:D

donKey jote
1st May 2007, 23:59
Spain into the final :p : :D

BeansBeansBeans
2nd May 2007, 00:02
Oh dear, now what will the special one say?

He'll probably say "The FA Cup was always our primary objective"

Rollo
2nd May 2007, 00:19
The side that Jose Mourihno labelled as "The Worst Champions of Europe" have knocked Chelsea out of the European cup AGAIN. :D

Seriously has Chelsea ever been beaten by a better side according to him? Today's comments sound like they come directly off the post-match interview DVD for 2005.

No way Jose :D

stevie_gerrard
2nd May 2007, 00:37
Firstly i thought he said liverpool were the better side and i was :eek:

then i read all his comments "we were the better side, didnt deserve to go out on penalties, we pushed to win the game, they didnt" etc etc ya de dah de dah.

Now going out on penalties is a bit harsh, but to say you were the better team :s hock: i mean both sides werent at their best, but liverpool created the best chances, Aggers goal (which was sublime) crouch header, saved by the legs of cech, kuyts header against the bar, kuyts disallowed goal for offside (even though it was onside), xavi alonsos long range shot before it, 69% of possession :eek:

what did chelsea produce? enough half chances but not a real chance to get pepe tested. And when it came to penalties, well, there was only one winner, liverpools were perfect, lampard took a good penalty for once :rolleyes: but geremis was poor, they brought him on just for that??? robbens was good, but pepe was up to it.

Yes, i do admit, Chelsea are a good side, and they play good football, but best side in Europe?? Give me a break, we all know thats AC Milan :p :

pino
2nd May 2007, 06:58
Well done Liverpool :up: I am as happy as if my Juve went to the final...but just because of Mourinho :p : Chelsea were the best side ? Give me a break José, Liverpool hit a post, scored a goal which was disallowed for off-side, but it was not, and Chelsea were the best side ? :eek: :rotflmao:

for tonight go Man United :rolleyes:

Viv
2nd May 2007, 07:25
Well done Liverpool..proved to be Chelsea's nemesis again..
Hope ManU get thru and get beaten in the Final :p :

Go Liverpool :D :up:

oily oaf
2nd May 2007, 17:27
Well done Scousers. 7 European finals is a mghty achievment indeed.
Good luck to Sir Alex and his Red Army tonight.
An all English final would be a tremendous endorsement for our football.
I would just add the caveat that I hope that at least half the United team pick up niggling injuries that rule them out of the match against West Ham in a week or two ;)

stevie_gerrard
3rd May 2007, 00:09
We must all dream of an all english Champions League Final for a little longer im afraid. :(

Ac Milan were too good, Man United were too poor, they gave up too easily, by half time they were playing like they were dead and buried. Rooney, Ronlado, Giggs, all world class players not living up to their billing. It was another disappointing night in Europe for Man Utd, after so much hope with their recent performances.

Saying that, Liverpool vs AC Milan yet again, anyone want a bet on the same result? :p :

pino
3rd May 2007, 07:02
What a great performance by Milan, this squad right now plays the best foot in Europe, we saw that for 60 min at Old Trafford. and we saw that for all 90 min in San Siro. I don't remember someone who gave a such big foot-lession to Man U, they way Milan did last night. Never mind, now the final and the chance for Milan to take their revange, but won't be easy, because it's damn difficult to play against this Liverpool. But I am convinced that Milan is much stronger than Liverpool and they won't make the same mistake twice. Can't wait for this match :D

Storm
3rd May 2007, 08:36
Great match by Milan...I am happy I saw both the semis LIVE....(staying awake till 3 am is tough :p : ) Both the teams that I wanted to win did win plus the fact that it made the bloody idiotic commentators who were going on and on about Man Utd and Chelsea and all English final, finally shut up!

Ten Sports is crap!

The guy once said (he is an ex Spurs player)...Sir Alex knows he has the best set of players its just that they need to perform...how idiotic is that? no one with any football sense would suggest that Man U has better footballers (individually) than Milan (or Barcelona or Madrid or Chelsea or......) but they are a very good "team" which gels and plays really well which is what is important anywaysl.

pino, I agree Milan is better this time around but I still think Benitez is smarter than Ancellotti ;-)

Kaka is playing really well and Seedorf was excellent and Gattuso and the defense made the supposedly best player of the world (again hyped by the British media and nobody else) look like a school kid.

Hopefully another exciting game after 2 good semis!

pino
3rd May 2007, 09:09
Storm, no doubt Benitez is clever than Ancellotti, but as posted before Milan is much much strong than Liverpool, and if they play as they can, without underrated the english side, this time they will win the final. I hope Ancellotti will play Inzaghi and that Maldini can be ready in 3 weeks time, I can't wait...

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd May 2007, 09:27
Gutted.

Man Utd didin't perform :( Big players for Man Utd looked tired and Rooney needed more suppprt. It might have been different if Saha, Ferdinand, Neville and Vidic :erm: had been fit. I hope Milan win the final now.

The 3rd place play-off between Man Utd and Chelsea is on Saturday 19th of May at Wembley :(

stevie_gerrard
4th May 2007, 00:47
i still dont understand how vidic got the nod ahead of rio. i thought rio was fit for the game, we knew vidic was but surely rios the better defender in a situation they were in. Vidic in the end did not look fit, within a minute he was sprinted past by kaka!

Storm
4th May 2007, 07:00
Kaka can probably easily sprint past a super fit Vidic or Rio as well ;)

stevie_gerrard
4th May 2007, 22:37
i dunno about rio Storm, rio is quite a defender.

Gattuso decided to have a go at Liverpool for playing too defensive, and he says he cant wait for revenge in the final.

When will he learn?? :p : ;)

jso1985
4th May 2007, 23:02
nice! the 2005 finla was the probably the best champions league final I have seen and now we're getting a replay! :D

just tell all Milan players to NOT touch the cup before the game, it's bad luck you know :p :

Tshbez
5th May 2007, 01:12
As far as I'm concerned, Milan have already won this year. It will take something like what happened in 2005 for Liverpool to win. The champions league promised a lot this year but it's ended with a repeat of the 2005 final. Boring.

stevie_gerrard
5th May 2007, 22:18
For Oily:

West Ham 3-1 Bolton :D Next Stop Old Trafford :p :

Ian McC
5th May 2007, 22:53
For Oily:

West Ham 3-1 Bolton :D Next Stop Old Trafford :p :

Things are going downhill for Bolton, they have lost their manager and only made 2 points from their last 5 games.

Ian McC
5th May 2007, 22:55
As far as I'm concerned, Milan have already won this year. It will take something like what happened in 2005 for Liverpool to win. The champions league promised a lot this year but it's ended with a repeat of the 2005 final. Boring.

How can you say a game is boring before it even kicks off?

BeansBeansBeans
6th May 2007, 00:50
As far as I'm concerned, Milan have already won this year.

What a brilliant thing to say. Well done.

BeansBeansBeans
6th May 2007, 01:30
Things are going downhill for Bolton, they have lost their manager and only made 2 points from their last 5 games.

Bolton have been performing badly for a while now, but a win at Villa will see them in Europe with potentially the highest finish (and points total) in their history, so it can't be that bad.

Tshbez
6th May 2007, 01:49
What a brilliant thing to say. Well done.

Ta.

SEATFreak
6th May 2007, 10:56
Sunderland and Bham both up, cant wait to see Roy Keane as a Premiership manager :up:

Very much ditto.

The last two managers who took us up were clearly decendants of the Duke of York. Every time we have been marched up to the Premiership he has mached us back down again. No thanks to the allround lack of ability to know what needs to be done and who needs to be brought in. Not this time.

Keano knows the Prem inside and out and I think knows what he must do as a manager to get results and strong performances.

Also I think he knows who he needs to make that happen, how much he needs to get them and who he needs to go to get them.

I think he will do well.

Ian McC
6th May 2007, 22:18
http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=465269&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=4161&title=Roeder+leaves+Newcastle

Tie that one in with the recent departure at Bolton.

Bezza
6th May 2007, 22:34
SEATFreak, you owe my Preston boys a pint after we beat Birmingham to get you the 1st place. Can't understand Preston - today we totally outclassed Birmingham, especially in the first half, why didn't we play like that in the last 10 matches or so?

Roll on next season.

Good luck in the Premierhsip, try not to get the lowest points total again! ;)

--------------------

As for the Champions League - I don't really care, but simply because of the plastic scousers who crawled out of the woodwork when they beat Chelsea last week, I want Milan to win ;) I can't stand these so called loyal supporters telling me how good "their" team is when they've only supported them for 5 minutes.

By the way United are champions, despite Chelsea's best efforts with 10 men against Arsenal. :bounce:

BTCC2
7th May 2007, 00:13
Unfortunate for Glenn Roeder that it has come to this, he was so unlucky with injuries this season.

Sky Sports News indicates that favourites to take over are:

Sam Allardyce
Phillipe Scollari
Sven Goran Erikson
and... Alan Shearer.

stevie_gerrard
7th May 2007, 00:29
Hey i never thought of Alan Shearer, what an inspired manager he would be :p :

Wolves vs West Brom in the play offs :D what a dream game, i shall be watching with hope of beating the baggies and getting into the premiership :D well someones gotta have the belief havent they? :p :

Congrats to Man Utd for winning the title, thoroughly deserved for their consistency. You have to feel a little sorry for Chelsea :p :

BeansBeansBeans
7th May 2007, 00:48
Hey i never thought of Alan Shearer, what an inspired manager he would be :p :

Alan Shearer was a truly great footballer, but he was a woeful captain and he'd make a terrible manager. In my opinion of course. Feel free to come back and dig this quote up if he leads Newcastle to an historic treble.

Rollo
7th May 2007, 01:35
S****horpe go up as Champions of League One.

Swansea 3 - Blackpool 6 - After being 3-2 down at one stage.
Nottingham Forest 0 - Crewe 0 - Not that important really.
Bristol City 3 - Rotherham 1 - Bristol go up.

S****horpe 91 - Automatic Promotion as Champions
Bristol City 85 - City are promoted
Blackpool 83
Nottingham Forest 82

I guess Blackpool has to settle for the playoffs. Six goals is encouraging though. If they do go up, I'll get to see them on television :D
Preston won't be going up next year :D which means...

BRING ON THE DERBY :angryfire

Rollo
7th May 2007, 01:37
I've just noticed that S***horpe has a swear word in it's name...

... as does ****nal and Manchester ****ing United :D

BeansBeansBeans
7th May 2007, 01:37
Stop using such terrible language Rollo.

Edited to say: That would've sounded funny had you not beat me to it.

pino
7th May 2007, 06:23
Congrats to Man Utd for winning the title, thoroughly deserved for their consistency. You have to feel a little sorry for Chelsea :p :

Congrats to Man United :up: and yes I am very very sorry for Chelsea :p :

janneppi
7th May 2007, 06:40
A hilarious game betveen Real Madrid and Sevilla, i haven seen a bench player getting a red card for ages, Robinhos goal card was also top stuff. :D

pino
7th May 2007, 06:46
I only saw 1st half and the amazing Maresca goal, so Real still chasing Barca for the title...great fight to the last match me think :D

Storm
7th May 2007, 06:54

err what ?
We have had 2 very good semi final legs already and looks like the final will be quite good as well...as for Milan already winning it, they thought the same after the 1st half in Istanbul :p :

Yeah Man Utd won it despite trying hard to hand it to Chelsea in the last few weeks (Everton etc...btw there was a news in todays paper that FA is investigating why Howard did not play against ManUre)

Real 3-2 Sevilla but Barcelona finally won a match convincingly 2-0, goals by Iniesta and Eto'o :)
Ruud v Nistelrooy scored 2 times and is now the leading goal-scorer in La Liga...Marco van Basten and Sir Alex must have some egg on face now.

Vamos West Ham !! Tevez scored 2 superb goals and created the 3rd! :up:

oily oaf
7th May 2007, 09:04
Cheers Stormy! The cheque's in the post mate ;)

Private message to Sir Alex Ferguson.

My darling Sir Alex

Manchester United are the best team in the whole wide world and you sir are the finest and best looking manager in Christendom.
Scotland is the most beautiful place on God's green earth and not in the least bit full of ginger-haired people who are mean with their money, play musical innstruments that sound like a cat being garrotted with cheese wire and talk a bit funny. Oh dear me no.
Having said that I was wondering whether you would consider putting out the Under 15 team to play West Ham United next week. Thankyou in anticipation.

Conversley should you choose not to comply with my request you are a red-nosed pillock and your wife has got an absolutely massive ar$e.

I love you darling xxx

Ian McC
7th May 2007, 09:16
Sven Goran Erikson

Can you see any set of fans in the UK actually wanting him as their manager?

SEATFreak
7th May 2007, 09:21
SEATFreak, you owe my Preston boys a pint after we beat Birmingham to get you the 1st place. Can't understand Preston - today we totally outclassed Birmingham, especially in the first half, why didn't we play like that in the last 10 matches or so?

Shouldn't that be "you owe my Preston boys a pint BIG TIME"?! :)

After so long brooding over two league and one Cup defeat to your boys, like Sunderland's Metro Radio commentator Simon Crabtree (a Preston lad) said, "Preston can keep the victories"! :)

You did brilliant against a very good side. :up:

Roll on next season.

Took the words from my mouth! With the leadership and direction Roy provides for the first time I am relishing the prospect of doing well next season. And with teams like Man City and Reading who are no great shakes I think we have a chance.

Good luck in the Premierhsip, try not to get the lowest points total again! ;)

I don't think that is a worry now Bezza my buddy! ;)

Their is good names linked. One of which is a certain David Nugent. But their is enough out there for us to score consistently without taking him away from you. If it means cutting your chances of promotion next seeason I would rather you keep him.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th May 2007, 10:46
F***-off Chelsea FC,
you aint got no history,
16 leagues, 12 ;) F.A Cups,
Now that's what I call history.

Who will get to 19 English titles first? Liverpool (on 18) Man Utd (0n 16) Arsenal (0n 13) or someone else?

Bezza
7th May 2007, 14:30
Nugent has just had a house built on the Wirral. He won't be going to Sunderland. He's going to Everton, its pretty much a done deal. Moysie still lives in Preston and two clubs are on good terms. However much you'd love to have him, SEATFreak, he won't be going to you!

Scott Dryden
7th May 2007, 15:22
Yeah Man Utd won it despite trying hard to hand it to Chelsea in the last few weeks (Everton etc...btw there was a news in todays paper that FA is investigating why Howard did not play against ManUre)
The whole thing's been cleared up now anyway, but they investigated the wrong transfer deal between the two clubs. Helping Manchester United on their way to the Premiership means Everton will get the extra payment from the Rooney deal (conditional on United winning the league). Still, not even playing their third-choice keeper was enough - Phil Neville was required to help out with a goal.

Brown, Jon Brow
7th May 2007, 18:53
And it was the most important goal that Phil Neville has ever scored for Man U

stevie_gerrard
7th May 2007, 23:10
Poor Charlton relegated :p : But me thinks we will be seeing spurs in the UEFa Cup next season! :D

As long as reading make it as well, i dont really care that much :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
8th May 2007, 19:14
Winning the title from Chelsea was arguably one of his finest achievements. but what would be his best ever 11 players?

This is mine

1.Schmeichel

2. G.Neville 5.R.Ferdinand 6.S.Bruce 3.D.Irwin

16.R.Keane

7.C.Ronaldo 8.B.Robson 11.R.Giggs

9.E.Cantona 10.R.Van Nistlerooy

Subs
13.E.Van der Sar
4.G.Pallister
12.J.Stam
14.P.Scholes
15.D.Beckham
18.M.Hughes
19.W.Rooney

Bezza
8th May 2007, 20:04
To be honest, who cares? I'm not a Man Utd fan.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th May 2007, 20:17
I care :D Anyway Bezza, what year are you in? Your location is at TokyoJo's? :confused:

GridGirl
8th May 2007, 20:54
That Man Utd squad is so recent. How can you not include Bobby Charton and George Best to name just a couple of greats. But like Bezza says who cares ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
8th May 2007, 21:00
That Man Utd squad is so recent. How can you not include Bobby Charton and George Best to name just a couple of greats. But like Bezza says who cares ;)

I was just including Fergies best players ;)

BeansBeansBeans
8th May 2007, 21:10

Why on earth would Bobby and Bestie be in Fergie's top team?

GridGirl
8th May 2007, 21:23
DOH, I never bothered reading the title. If you take into account its Fergies greatest then I suppose it aint a bad choice, but I wouldnt include half of them in the greatest ever Man Utd squad.

AndyRAC
8th May 2007, 22:39
Champions, My Ar5e!!!

As usual they spawned it, Chelsea losing it!!

BeansBeansBeans
8th May 2007, 23:05
Champions, My Ar5e!!!

As usual they spawned it, Chelsea losing it!!

Spawned it? They led for most of the season. I'm no Man Utd fan, but you have to give credit where it's due.

AndyRAC
8th May 2007, 23:18
Not ever giving credit to that lot!!!

All the dodgy penalties and decisions, nah not having it!!!

pino
9th May 2007, 07:02
None deserves the title more than United...expecially Chelsea :p :

oily oaf
9th May 2007, 07:24
None deserves the title more than United...expecially Chelsea :p :

Hey Pino
A friend of mine has some signed photographs of Jose Mourinho with no clothes on.
20 Euros each.
Interested? :D

pino
9th May 2007, 07:35
Hey Pino
A friend of mine has some signed photographs of Jose Mourinho with no clothes on.
20 Euros each.
Interested? :D

Looking for a ban ? :hmph: ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
9th May 2007, 09:46
ManUtd deserve to win the title every year. :cheese:

Hate the new thread name by the way :( How did the old one come about anyway?

Storm
9th May 2007, 09:48
pino maybe you should keep the old thread name and add Football in brackets!
So we preserve some history :)

pino
9th May 2007, 09:50
Ok I will change it back :crazy: :p :

Storm
9th May 2007, 11:12
Grazie :p :

pino
9th May 2007, 11:16
I only did because you're a great Baggio and Juve fan :p :

Storm
9th May 2007, 11:23
Baggio yessssssssss......

Juve ? :rolleyes:

pino
9th May 2007, 11:52
Sorry I meant Trulli not Juve :p :

SEATFreak
9th May 2007, 16:45
However much you'd love to have him, SEATFreak, he won't be going to you!

But their is enough out there for us to score consistently without taking him away from you. If it means cutting your chances of promotion next seeason I would rather you keep him.

That doesn't seem to tell me I would love to have him. Yet it does to you for some bizarre reason. :confused: Hmmm...can you offer any suggestions?

On the contrary it actually seems to praise his value to your team (as much as they may be as ungrateful as you appear to be). Acknowledge praise when it is given to you in future. You said some nice things about us (however hollow it was), I reciprocated.

Never again.

oily oaf
9th May 2007, 16:54
Looking for a ban ? :hmph: ;)

Mama mia! I was only asking :bigcry:

MrJan
9th May 2007, 21:46
Don't usually post in this thread but thought I better comment (at length) on the game that everyone has been talking about. Oxford United v Exeter City. Exeter 1-0 after the first leg before travelling to Oxford with what many viewed as a mountain to climb. Then a glimmer of hope in the first half, a goal from City's Lee Phillips. Jubilation from the Grecians but twas short lived, the linesman's flag held aloft, offside given for a perfectly legal goal :angryfire Heads go down, the world is against us and City have never won on live TV. Soon things get worse, Oxford get a goal :bigcry: City now need two to force extra time. But on the 39th minute we have cause to cheer, Lee Phillips again finds the net and this time it stands. Suddenly we're back in the tie.

Fast forward through the second half, Exeter are the better side, Adam Stansfield is playing a blinder, and then he cuts into the box, the defender is perplexed as Stansfield jinks left and right, then he lets fly, GOAAALLLLL :bounce: City are right back in it. For the next 20 minutes they soak up the pressure from Oxford, hearts and finger nails in mouths. Despite repeated attacks neither team scores through normal time, nor the 30 minutes of extra time.

So it comes down to penalties. 10 little kicks from 12 yards that will put the victors on the road to the new Wembley and sentence the loser to another season in the conference. Up steps City's usual penalty maestro Billy Jones, he steps smoothly up to the ball, sends the keeper the wrong way...and hits the post. We're on the back foot again, it's like watching England in the world cup. Only this team has luck on it's side, Oxford miss 2 and with only City's last kick to go it's 3-3. Up strides striker Richard Logan, surely a calm spot kick taker who'll find the back of the net? Nope Oxford keeper Turley saves to his right. Just when it seemed the tension could go no higher we're down to sudden death, surely Exeter won't win? :disturb: But Oxford want to make it easy, their man blasts the ball against the post :bounce: This is it, one more kick and all we want to see is the net bulge. So it's not good when right back Tully walks forward, but there was no need to worry, the ball is kicked, the net DOES bulge, City win and confirm a place in the Conference PLayoff final, people cheer, people chant, people sigh with relief, AV IT!! Oh yes, Exeter City are going to Wemberly.

Reckon that's a long enough post to warrant not posting again for a while. Big game from my point of view and it deserves being broadcast that EXETER CITY ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY

pino
9th May 2007, 21:48
Mama mia! I was only asking :bigcry:

And I was only joking :p :

stevie_gerrard
9th May 2007, 22:31
Chelsea 0-0 Man Utd

Big boob by the BBC, to televise this game thinking it could be title decider. cant wait to see their highlights tonight :p :

alfa155btcc
9th May 2007, 23:05
Chelsea 0 - Man Utd 0

BBC had to show it Champions with Former Champions these 2 teams have been best in country for 3 years now, I have been a Chelsea fan for over 30 yrs and the title is only on loan for next season, and surely LIverpool cannot do to Milan what they did last time, I don`t often agree with alex ferguson but I think Milan will win, sorry no offence but I know who you want to win but they can`t be lucky twice can they lol ??????????

:arrows:

Rollo
10th May 2007, 00:26
This is the same AC Milan who are currently coming 4th in Serie A? Who had Crespo, Shevchenko up front and now are currently with neither?

The fact that three of the four semi-finalists in the Champions League came from England, I think that at least for 2006/7 proves that the Premier League is playing at a higher standard than the rest of Europe.

To be fair, if Liverpool is playing harder opposition every other week, then pushing over Milan won't be that difficult. Remember that 2 years ago, those 7 minutes of madness were undone by 3 goals of their own.

Liverpool were lucky? Bollocks they were. AC Milan got three goals scored against them in regulation time. That's not in anyway luck at all, that was done by work and skill; and Milan were made to look stupid for surrendering a 3goal lead.
One goal may have been lucky, but three? Surely you jest - anyway, that trophy sits at Anfield forever now.

pino
10th May 2007, 06:58
Liverpool were lucky? Bollocks they were. AC Milan got three goals scored against them in regulation time. That's not in anyway luck at all, that was done by work and skill; and Milan were made to look stupid for surrendering a 3goal lead.
One goal may have been lucky, but three? Surely you jest - anyway, that trophy sits at Anfield forever now.

Mate, go and watch that match again, Milan made that stupid mistake of stop playing after 3-0 lead, and Liverpool score 3 goals in 7 min, but after 3-3 Milan were the only side that still tried to win while Liverpool were only waiting for the penalties. And what about Liverpool goals ? the 1st was ok, then came Milan selfgoal (wasn't that luck ?) then came the penalty, all this in 7 min...That was the biggest football robbery I've experienced in my life because Liverpool only played 7 min while Milan dominated the whole match. It won't happen again, this time if Liverpool wants to win they must play, and play much better than Milan...

Good Luck !

pino
10th May 2007, 07:00
btw 1st final of Italy Cup : Roma-Inter 6-2 :eek:

oily oaf
10th May 2007, 07:19
I see Sir Alex Ferguson has stated that he is absolutely certain that Milano will beat Liverpool easily in the final and that when they do he will open a bottle of fine wine given to him by Milan's manager Carlo Ancelotti to celebrate.

He's a little rascal isn't he? :D

pino
10th May 2007, 07:24
Oily, Milan once again is favourite to win but will not be easy so I disagree with Sir Alex. Milan is much stronger but Liverpoll has Benitez :up: it will be a great fight :D

oily oaf
10th May 2007, 07:26
Don't usually post in this thread but thought I better comment (at length) on the game that everyone has been talking about. Oxford United v Exeter City. Exeter 1-0 after the first leg before travelling to Oxford with what many viewed as a mountain to climb. Then a glimmer of hope in the first half, a goal from City's Lee Phillips. Jubilation from the Grecians but twas short lived, the linesman's flag held aloft, offside given for a perfectly legal goal :angryfire Heads go down, the world is against us and City have never won on live TV. Soon things get worse, Oxford get a goal :bigcry: City now need two to force extra time. But on the 39th minute we have cause to cheer, Lee Phillips again finds the net and this time it stands. Suddenly we're back in the tie.

Fast forward through the second half, Exeter are the better side, Adam Stansfield is playing a blinder, and then he cuts into the box, the defender is perplexed as Stansfield jinks left and right, then he lets fly, GOAAALLLLL :bounce: City are right back in it. For the next 20 minutes they soak up the pressure from Oxford, hearts and finger nails in mouths. Despite repeated attacks neither team scores through normal time, nor the 30 minutes of extra time.

So it comes down to penalties. 10 little kicks from 12 yards that will put the victors on the road to the new Wembley and sentence the loser to another season in the conference. Up steps City's usual penalty maestro Billy Jones, he steps smoothly up to the ball, sends the keeper the wrong way...and hits the post. We're on the back foot again, it's like watching England in the world cup. Only this team has luck on it's side, Oxford miss 2 and with only City's last kick to go it's 3-3. Up strides striker Richard Logan, surely a calm spot kick taker who'll find the back of the net? Nope Oxford keeper Turley saves to his right. Just when it seemed the tension could go no higher we're down to sudden death, surely Exeter won't win? :disturb: But Oxford want to make it easy, their man blasts the ball against the post :bounce: This is it, one more kick and all we want to see is the net bulge. So it's not good when right back Tully walks forward, but there was no need to worry, the ball is kicked, the net DOES bulge, City win and confirm a place in the Conference PLayoff final, people cheer, people chant, people sigh with relief, AV IT!! Oh yes, Exeter City are going to Wemberly.

Reckon that's a long enough post to warrant not posting again for a while. Big game from my point of view and it deserves being broadcast that EXETER CITY ARE GOING TO WEMBLEY

I went to Wembley last Friday Miguel and it was rubbish. Too far from Central London for my taste

Good post btw and good luck to Exeter. I've never been there but I bet it's nicer than Leighton Buzzard

pino
10th May 2007, 07:26
btw you shouldn't call him rascal, he could read this and play the best squad against West Ham :p :

oily oaf
10th May 2007, 07:29
Oily, Milan once again is favourite to win but will not be easy so I disagree with Sir Alex. Milan is much stronger but Liverpoll has Benitez :up: it will be a great fight :D

Yes I'm sure it will my friend.
Of course I'm strictly neutral myself............but I am very fond of Tagliatelli with pesto sauce ;)

oily oaf
10th May 2007, 07:32
btw you shouldn't call him rascal, he could read this and play the best squad against West Ham :p :

Don't worry Pino I have asked the same chef that cooked dinner for the Spurs team to prepare the evening meal

pino
10th May 2007, 07:42
Yes I'm sure it will my friend.
Of course I'm strictly neutral myself............but I am very fond of Tagliatelli with pesto sauce ;)

Add a couple of boiled potatos, and some string-beans to your Tagliatelle and don't forget the Parmesan :D

Ian McC
10th May 2007, 07:49
Don't worry Pino I have asked the same chef that cooked dinner for the Spurs team to prepare the evening meal

:mad:

Rollo
10th May 2007, 07:58
Ha ha ha, let's all laugh at the Scousers. Just don't be surprised when they come and rob your house... er, they'll do that anyway.

In other news:
Ferrari Sack Entire Pit Crew :eek:

The announcement followed Ferrari's Decision to take advantage of the British Government's Work For the Dole Scheme and hire unemployed Northern youths, from Liverpool.
The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how unemployed Scousers were able to remove a set of car wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew could only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high-tech gear.
This was thought to be an excellent yet bold move by Ferrari Management, as most races are won and lost in the pits, and Ferrari would have an advantage over every team.
However Ferrari got more than they bargained for as, during the Scouse Crew's first practice session, not only were the Scouse pit crew able to change the tyres in under 6 seconds but within 12 seconds they had resprayed, rebadged, and had sold the vehicle over to the McLaren Team for four dozen cans of Special Brew, a gram of Coke and a quick shuffty at Alonso's bint in the shower.

- The old ones are the best :D

Iain
10th May 2007, 12:21

Do keep us informed about how they get on. Are you going? :)

Check out this Ronaldinho-inspired free kick in the Old Firm game last weekend. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVdt4HgV5Pg And I know the league was won long ago, but I don't care, so anyone with smart comments can keep them to themselves.

GridGirl
10th May 2007, 13:23
I managed to get tickets for the Championship Play-Off's today. I'm so excited already.

Iain
10th May 2007, 17:17
Boing boing Baggies or Wolves?

GridGirl
10th May 2007, 19:15
Boing Boing Baggies Baggies.

I don't drive a Blue and White stripey car for nothing. :D

Bezza
10th May 2007, 19:45
Good luck, GridGirl - West Brom are the best team I've seen this season at Deepdale, although you lost :) I hope either you or Southampton go up, I couldn't stand it if Derby did.

Oh yeah, Oily - you are good old Cockney geyser by all accounts - any chance of getting me that Lily Allen's number? She is my number one favourite girl right now ! Ta.

GridGirl
10th May 2007, 20:34
Thanks Bezza, I actually went to the Preston match at the Hawthorns. I was really impressed with your fan support. I dont think I could have been so supportive of my team if they'd have been down 4-2 on Boxing Day. I'd jump at the chance to go to Deepdale.

stevie_gerrard
10th May 2007, 22:20
GO WOLVES!! :p :

Can't wait for this battle of the titans of the black country :D be even better if we won ;)

Rollo
11th May 2007, 01:03
Good luck, GridGirl - West Brom are the best team I've seen this season at Deepdale, although you lost :) I hope either you or Southampton go up, I couldn't stand it if Derby did.

I'm somewhat glad that Preston didn't go up. If Blackpool win promotion, then we'll get to see a couple of derbys... which will be nice :D

oily oaf
11th May 2007, 07:19

Oh yeah, Oily - you are good old Cockney geyser by all accounts - any chance of getting me that Lily Allen's number? She is my number one favourite girl right now ! Ta.

Geezer! Bez. Geezer! I'm not nor ever have been a pressurised jet of hot water bursting high into the air in Yellowstone National Park.

Can't help you with regard to the little Pop Princess I'm afraid mate. However I do agree that she's what we Cockney scum refer to as a "bit of a sort" and I certainly wouldn't climb over her naked body to get to you squire. No offence :(
The only problem I would have in the extremely unlikely event that she asked me to give her a "nudge" would be the constant worry that I would start picturing her old man Keith during the scrimmage.
Still might help with me staying power I spose ;)

BTW I trust you'll be wearing claret and blue and guzzling jellied eels on Sunday mister :p :

Storm
11th May 2007, 07:25
I hope Wolves make it.. if just for the fact that stevie_g will be happy !

edit: and of course c'mon you Hammers!

pino
11th May 2007, 07:35
Hey Storm, what happened to Barca (0-4 ) last night ? :p :

Storm
11th May 2007, 09:23
After 5-2 in leg 1 that was horrible to go 5-6 out on aggregate!

I hope they can play decent for 2 weeks of this season to atleast get the la liga title...CL gone and now Copa del Rey too...if Real win the Liga it will be a disaster...

:bigcry:

CarlMetro
11th May 2007, 09:47
The Barca game was shown after the Spurs match last night. I thought it was a foregone conclusion that they would win but watched it anyway. Excellent performance by Getafe, made to look even better by a sub-standard Barca.

I just wish Spurs would play well in boths halves of a match rather than one or the other. And after his little display last night, I hope Ghaly played at the Lane for the last time in a Spurs shirt :down:

alfa155btcc
11th May 2007, 14:03
The Barca game was shown after the Spurs match last night. I thought it was a foregone conclusion that they would win but watched it anyway. Excellent performance by Getafe, made to look even better by a sub-standard Barca.

I just wish Spurs would play well in boths halves of a match rather than one or the other. And after his little display last night, I hope Ghaly played at the Lane for the last time in a Spurs shirt :down:

that`s spurs for you, it`s not called 3 point lane for nothing, you must of guessed by now i am a chelsea fan and up and till this season we were un beaten in 16 years with your lot, as for Barcelona I too saw the game was so glad they lost think there is going to be a mass exedus from there after this season
:s mokin:

CarlMetro
11th May 2007, 14:06
i am a chelsea fan

Don't worry, we won't hold it against you ;)

alfa155btcc
11th May 2007, 14:10
This is the same AC Milan who are currently coming 4th in Serie A? Who had Crespo, Shevchenko up front and now are currently with neither?

The fact that three of the four semi-finalists in the Champions League came from England, I think that at least for 2006/7 proves that the Premier League is playing at a higher standard than the rest of Europe.

To be fair, if Liverpool is playing harder opposition every other week, then pushing over Milan won't be that difficult. Remember that 2 years ago, those 7 minutes of madness were undone by 3 goals of their own.

There were 3 english clubs in semi finals because league has got better with all foreigners in it especially Liverpool they are going to turn into an all spanish club soon except for your hero oh stevie gerrard take him out the team and liverpool are nothing, and he is only at liverpool cause he got death threats when he was going to join us at stamford bridge twice, and yes you were lucky Milan went to ssleep and that save dudek made from sheva in extra time he did`nt know what he was doing it was luck especially the goal that never was between liverpool and chelsea and yeah benitez knew it was a goal how garcia told him no that is a load of Bollocks
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

Brown, Jon Brow
11th May 2007, 18:05
it was luck especially the goal that never was between liverpool and chelsea and yeah benitez knew it was a goal how garcia told him no that is a load of Bollocks
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

Okay, being a Man Utd fan I don't normally stick-up for Liverpool, but what Chelsea say about that Semi -Final goal really gets up my nose.

In the run up to the goal Petr Cech takes out a Liverpool attacker. So even if it wasn't a goal the referee has to give a penalty to Liverpool and Chelsea have their GK sent-off.

alfa155btcc
11th May 2007, 20:09
Okay, being a Man Utd fan I don't normally stick-up for Liverpool, but what Chelsea say about that Semi -Final goal really gets up my nose.

In the run up to the goal Petr Cech takes out a Liverpool attacker. So even if it wasn't a goal the referee has to give a penalty to Liverpool and Chelsea have their GK sent-off.

now there is a first a man utd fan agreeing with liverpool, can`t be a true man utd fan lol only joking, as for your coment about peter cech this counts for nothing goal was given when it should`nt of you can`t tell me that was a goal, as it was`nt a goal for england in 1966, don`t worry title is only on loan we will have it back next season
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

Ian McC
11th May 2007, 20:21
I hope Ghaly played at the Lane for the last time in a Spurs shirt :down:

I have never been much of a fan of him, he has always given the ball away too much, don't think it will be much of a loss if he goes.

Brown, Jon Brow
11th May 2007, 20:21
now there is a first a man utd fan agreeing with liverpool, can`t be a true man utd fan lol only joking, as for your coment about peter cech this counts for nothing goal was given when it should`nt of you can`t tell me that was a goal, as it was`nt a goal for england in 1966, don`t worry title is only on loan we will have it back next season

Well I wouldn't be so sure. Chelsea didn't do to well against Man Utd reserves the other night :laugh:

Iain
11th May 2007, 21:41
I'm somewhat glad that Preston didn't go up. If Blackpool win promotion, then we'll get to see a couple of derbys... which will be nice :D

Then Bezza can fire abuse at David Beck...sorry, Kiegan Parker all he likes. ;) :p :

Bezza
11th May 2007, 23:31
Thanks Bezza, I actually went to the Preston match at the Hawthorns. I was really impressed with your fan support. I dont think I could have been so supportive of my team if they'd have been down 4-2 on Boxing Day. I'd jump at the chance to go to Deepdale.

I went to the West Brom match too! Always go to the Boxing Day fixture, whether it is home or away. Was a good atmosphere, and a good game - you were very good attacking, but I think we did well considering we only had 10 men for 60 minutes! Nice ground you've got there too and the locals were friendly enough, so another reason to hope you go up :D You can always crash at mine if you wanna see the mighty three sides of Deepdale :p :

Rollo...bring on the derby! I want Blackpool to go up, another NW team and a proper derby - none of this Burnley lark.

Bezza
11th May 2007, 23:35
Geezer! Bez. Geezer! I'm not nor ever have been a pressurised jet of hot water bursting high into the air in Yellowstone National Park.

Can't help you with regard to the little Pop Princess I'm afraid mate. However I do agree that she's what we Cockney scum refer to as a "bit of a sort" and I certainly wouldn't climb over her naked body to get to you squire. No offence :(
The only problem I would have in the extremely unlikely event that she asked me to give her a "nudge" would be the constant worry that I would start picturing her old man Keith during the scrimmage.
Still might help with me staying power I spose

BTW I trust you'll be wearing claret and blue and guzzling jellied eels on Sunday mister :p :

:p : Well, worth a try. You've more chance of seeing her than me!

Not so sure about the Claret and Blue, that reminds me of Burnley:

Chim-chimminey, chim-chimminey, chim-chim-cheroo
We hate those b@st@rds in claret and blue

Trust me thats directed at Burnley fans only, not West Ham or The Villa :) I managed to start that one off a couple of weeks ago in a Preston pub, got the whole place going.

You've got a toughie, Man Utd away! And something tells me that Wigan might beat Sheffield Utd 1-0 :s

stevie_gerrard
12th May 2007, 02:07
Lawrie Sanchez has quit his post as NI coach :( what an absolute shame, he really could have got ireland into the top 20 in the world (even if the fifa rankings are so absurd) He has been a fantastic servant to the country and he will always be remembered for making N.I a good team again. lets hope he can work his magic at fulham.

Was it just me, or did i hear that if west ham are losing, sheffield united were gonna let wigan win just to relegate the hammers and tevez for that whole saga?

I really hope this doesnt turn into one of them betting scams, and this game will be played fairly, and the worst of the three teams will go down/

BeansBeansBeans
12th May 2007, 07:14

Still banging on about Garcia's goal? I thought you were going to get your revenge on us this season, but we beat you again didn't we? Diddums. I loved your earlier jibe about Liverpool having too many foreign players. Pot, kettle, black anyone?

jim mcglinchey
12th May 2007, 08:37
[quote="stevie_gerrard"]Lawrie Sanchez has quit his post as NI coach :( what an absolute shame, he really could have got ireland into the top 20 in the world (even if the fifa rankings are so absurd) He has been a fantastic servant to the country and he will always be remembered for making N.I a good team again. lets hope he can work his magic at fulham.

He was doing a great job with NI but all along it was obvious that he was busting to get his hands on a premier league team so much so that he was considering dual management of both NI and a league team. When he had to decide though he jumped at the club team.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th May 2007, 09:24
Pot, kettle, black anyone?

Racist! :mad: :erm:

:p

alfa155btcc
12th May 2007, 16:43
Still banging on about Garcia's goal? I thought you were going to get your revenge on us this season, but we beat you again didn't we? Diddums. I loved your earlier jibe about Liverpool having too many foreign players. Pot, kettle, black anyone?

we have more english players than you and as for me harping on about garcia`s no goal you are the one`s that usually talk about history coause up and till that night against Milan that is all you had. :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

alfa155btcc
12th May 2007, 16:47
Well I wouldn't be so sure. Chelsea didn't do to well against Man Utd reserves the other night :laugh:

I think you will fond that chelasea had there reserves out too and we still looked like the stronger team just shows we have strength in depth only reason man utd won league was you did`nt have injuries we did just to name a few, Cech,Cudicini,Terry,Cavalho,Robben,Joe Cole need i say more.

:D :D :D :D

BeansBeansBeans
12th May 2007, 16:59
we have more english players than you

Yep, you've had 7 English players appear in the Prem this season, and we've had 6. Hardly justifies your gloating about the Liverpool team being awash with foreigners.

and as for me harping on about garcia`s no goal you are the one`s that usually talk about history coause up and till that night against Milan that is all you had. :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin

Aye, our history makes us the most successful team in English football history. Our recent history isn't too bad either, as since the turn of the century we've won 2 Fa Cups, 2 League Cups, 1 Uefa Cup and 1 Champions League. Not bad for a fallow period eh?

Now, who did you support before Abramovich bought Chelsea?

BeansBeansBeans
12th May 2007, 17:02
I think you will fond that chelasea had there reserves out too and we still looked like the stronger team just shows we have strength in depth only reason man utd won league was you did`nt have injuries we did just to name a few, Cech,Cudicini,Terry,Cavalho,Robben,Joe Cole need i say more.

Man United didn't have injuries? Erm...Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville, Saha...

If Man United had more strength in depth than Chelsea, then that's Chelsea's fault. Given that they've spent more than any other club, you'd think they'd have a few decent players in the squad as cover.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th May 2007, 17:02

:D :D :D :D

What you mean is Chelsea's first team is just as crap as the reserves. I didn't realise that Terry, Essien, Bridge, J.Cole, Kalou, Mikel, Makelele, Wright-Phillips were all reserves :\

If you had strength in depth injuries wouldn't bother you.
Ferdinand, Neville, Silvestre, Saha , Vidic...etc they all missed large parts of the season. Man Utd won the league because we got more points. If we beat West Ham on Sunday we will have more points than you got in 2005/2006. Chelsea winning games doesn't stop Man Utd winning games.

GridGirl
12th May 2007, 17:55
Was great to see a cup final at Wembley again today. Great game, but I was hoping for a Kidderminster win. Well done to Stevenage though.

stevie_gerrard
13th May 2007, 01:29
gutted for kiddy, but it was an enthralling game anyway.

La Liga News (yes, this is stevie_gerrard updating you on other leagues apart from ones in england :p : ) Real Madrid were 3-1 down tonight, but managed to come back against Espanyol to win 4-3 to top La liga. oh dear oh dear, back to the good old days of Madrid winning everything :p :

pino
13th May 2007, 07:28
Real Madrid temporarly on top of liga, and now everyone is kissing Capello's back :p :

Video of the match here (http://www.as.com/videos/?xref=20070512dasdasftb_1.Ves&pagina=1)

futuretiger9
13th May 2007, 09:02
Going out of the Champions League early certainly seems to have benefitted Real Madrid and their League form.

alfa155btcc
13th May 2007, 15:37
Real Madrid temporarly on top of liga, and now everyone is kissing Capello's back :p :

Video of the match here (http://www.as.com/videos/?xref=20070512dasdasftb_1.Ves&pagina=1)

culd still be there season what a nice way for capello to leave giving them la liga barcelona starting to faulter :s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

oily oaf
13th May 2007, 17:32
Man Utd 0 Irons 1

I love you all and I want to have your babies.

Sorry guys but I'm afraid I'm very VERY drunk.

Hic! Bluuuuueeeeergh!
Jesus!

Stevie. Don' worry my son The Wolves will turn it round in the second leg. Trust me. I'm legless ;)

Ian McC
13th May 2007, 18:05

That is one of the most scary things I have read on here :eek:

Well done to West Ham, wonder how they will do next year if they lose Tevez.

Funks
13th May 2007, 18:06
Steady on oily.

The result was never in doubt old boy. :D

<Wipes brow in relief>

GridGirl
13th May 2007, 18:27
I'm kind of glad Sheffield went down. I can't really forgive the dirty rotten cheaters for the Battle of Bramall Lane.

Well done to West Ham and Wigan for grinding out a result when it really mattered.

Oh and West Brom beat Wolves :D :D :D

Bezza
13th May 2007, 19:04
Well, fair play to West Ham for 7 wins out of 9. I still think they should have got some points deducted, and that will probably run and run into the summer. I suppose they've had some amazing luck in general really - remember the Blackburn match they won 2-1, with the "winner" being handball, offside and not over the line all rolled into one?! I reckon if Wigan or Sheffield Utd had done the same things with Tevez and Mascherano then they would have had points deducted...

Funks
13th May 2007, 19:30
Well done to West Ham, wonder how they will do next year if they lose Tevez.

If - as expected - Tevez leaves, we've got Dean Ashton to come back. Plus a load more Icelandic cash to spend.

reidy_fan
13th May 2007, 19:35
result of the day in Scotland, Rankgers 0 (that's nil, hee haw, sod all, Zilch, nothing) Kilmarnock 1 great victory for the Ayrshire killie at Castle Greyskull

stevie_gerrard
13th May 2007, 19:58
Man Utd 0 Irons 1

Sorry guys but I'm afraid I'm very VERY drunk.

Hic! Bluuuuueeeeergh!
Jesus!

Stevie. Don' worry my son The Wolves will turn it round in the second leg. Trust me. I'm legless ;)

Fantastic Oily, the only word for it. I hope you enjoy the rest of your night, im guessing you are still drinking them down! :p : Its a pleasure to see West Ham get away with it ;)

GridGirl, congratulations on your victory, it was a thrilling game as normal, we played our hearts out today but in the end we just didnt do enough up front. Dont think you've got the game wrapped up just yet though ;) we'll come fighting (even though our recent record at the Hawthorns is shocking) If it wasnt for Gary Breen, we'd be coming 3-1 up :p :

Iain
13th May 2007, 20:37
result of the day in Scotland, Rankgers 0 (that's nil, hee haw, sod all, Zilch, nothing) Kilmarnock 1 great victory for the Ayrshire killie at Castle Greyskull

Considering it was the only senior match on today, then it couldn't be anything other than result of the day. :p : First league defeat of 2007 isn't so rank either.......Meaningless game anyway, is the matchwinner on his way out of Killie?

Good on the Irons today. Pleased Wigan stayed up as well, as they are a better team to watch then Sheffield Utd, who are just all about aggression and not much else.

reidy_fan
13th May 2007, 21:27
Naismith, probably Iain with finances as tight as they are he will probably go. Just hope we get decent money for him

CarlMetro
13th May 2007, 22:15
Well done to the Irons today, Tevez scoring too, just to rub it in :D 7 wins from 9 games meant that they definately deserve to stay up in my book, all they need to do next year is start the season like they finished this one and maybe, who knows, they might not give their fans that sinking feeling every year.

Top stuff from the Spuds today too :D 5th place two years on the bounce :up:

Storm
14th May 2007, 07:05
Well done Hammers! I have to say I told you so..I always thought they could pull something off and also that Tevez was someone to watch out for :p :
Hope this time the cheque is really in the mail , oily ? :beer:

Later on watched Barcelona play like a shell of themselves yet again....too many chances missed - Etoo, Messi and Iniesta at the end particularly and let Betis off with a 1-1 which meant Madrid stay top :(
Valdes and the left back went to sleep and Valdes who had made couple of great saves did a donkey to let in thru in the near post :\
Looks like the wheels are falling off, hopefully they can get it back together, they have some easy games in the run in (except Atletico M) and please dont sign Henry!

oily oaf
14th May 2007, 07:21
Praise the Lord and pass the paracetamol (groan)
The Irons are saved from the relegation pit of despair by the brilliant little Argie Carlos Tevez who despite the fact that he seems destined to move to one of the big boys next season will always have a special place in the hearts of all Hammers fans for the mighty contribution he's made to ensuring our survival in the top flight.
Tevez = The South American Paulo Di Canio :) Muchas Gracias amigo.

I now await with some amusement the squealing and whining that will surely come from Sheffield and their lovely manager Warnock. I bet even his old mum hates him :D
Let me tell ya he has 2 chances of getting a retrospective points reduction from West Ham United. A slim chance and no chance and Slim just left town.
I think Mr Warnock will also find that the other relegation threatened clubs that were previously so solidly behind him will gradually distance themselves from this doomed law suit when they realise the only people who will be quids in are the lawyers. Perhaps Al Fayed of Fulham will stick by him but only if he thinks The Royal Family might be involved.
Perhaps Warnock's team might have fared better if they'd concentrated on playing football instead of issuing threats of legal action and generally feeling hard done by
I feel sorry for The Blades fans but I'm as happy as a pig in $hit to see 'em take the drop. They are not being thrown out of the top flight because of West Ham , Tevez or the Premier league. They are waving goodbye because they are a crap team with a meglomaniac, 2 bob manager. Fact!

Right I'm off to work. Blimey I hope I dont have to use the air chisel :(

PS Well done to Carl's Spuds for finishing a highly creditable 5th. Btw you realise Berbatov is a lifelong Irons fan and will be signing for us next week don't you? ;)

oily oaf
14th May 2007, 07:23
Well done Hammers! I have to say I told you so..I always thought they could pull something off and also that Tevez was someone to watch out for :p :
Hope this time the cheque is really in the mail , oily ? :beer:

Later on watched Barcelona play like a shell of themselves yet again....too many chances missed - Etoo, Messi and Iniesta at the end particularly and let Betis off with a 1-1 which meant Madrid stay top :(
Valdes and the left back went to sleep and Valdes who had made couple of great saves did a donkey to let in thru in the near post :\
Looks like the wheels are falling off, hopefully they can get it back together, they have some easy games in the run in (except Atletico M) and please dont sign Henry!

Sorry mate the cheque would only bounce. I did all me dough yesterday on hard liquor and loose women. The rest I just wasted :(

Ian McC
14th May 2007, 07:43
Top stuff from the Spuds today too :D 5th place two years on the bounce :up:

And with the cup runs it makes this season an improvement on last ;)

Georgeboi999
14th May 2007, 10:42
Everton in europe. C'mon

Barnsley season is going to be more difficult next season then this season but we can stay up.

Brown, Jon Brow
14th May 2007, 18:11
Jewell and Pearce already left their jobs (even though Jewell left of his own accord) my vote for the next premiership manager to be sacked is Sam Lee. I just get the feeling that he won't make a good manager. However, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Keano had a bust-up with Quinn and left.

alfa155btcc
14th May 2007, 20:47
I agree was suprised about Jewell but not so with Pearce, I did like Pearce though shame he was a real character, sure he will be back managing again, just show`s how fickle the press are not so long agao they were saying Pearce for the next England Managers job
:confused: :D :)

futuretiger9
14th May 2007, 21:13
I am surprised at how uncertain and hesitant Stuart Pearce has seemed at times. He seemed to be one of those players who would make a great manager. Having said that, he is still young enough and good enought to come back.

The resignation of Paul Jewell shows just how pervasive the pressure is for managers these days. The financial pressures and media attention slowly eat away at them. I would describe it as burn-out.

Iain
14th May 2007, 21:55
Wigan will go down next season then. Exact same thing happened at Bradford. He kept them up on the last day, resigned afterwards, Hutchings got the job and they fell to bits.

Iain
14th May 2007, 21:55
Wigan will go down next season then. Exact same thing happened at Bradford. He kept them up on the last day, resigned afterwards, Hutchings got the job and they fell to bits.

stevie_gerrard
14th May 2007, 22:09
lightening does strike twice when ur managed by Paul Jewell :p :

Very surprised, but this season must have put him through the mill, no wonder he needs a break.

I still like to believe that Stuart Pearce is a good manager, i know hes had a shocking season this season, but when it comes to international management, he has that passion for it. I think he would do a great job as the u21's coach.

alfa155btcc
15th May 2007, 12:19
I thnk Wigan will go down and i think Birmingham will struggle although there is always one team that stays up that originally came up from Championship and i think it will be Sunderland what he has done there has been unbelievable/

Iain
15th May 2007, 12:51
I still like to believe that Stuart Pearce is a good manager, i know hes had a shocking season this season, but when it comes to international management, he has that passion for it. I think he would do a great job as the u21's coach.

I don't think there's any doubting his passion at City. He's said today that the previous manager at City had £50m to spend and the next one probably will as well. Says he was more like a caretaker manager with what he had to work with. Heard a rumour on Sky Sports News that Neil Warnock might get the job at City!

stevie_gerrard
15th May 2007, 21:01
Big Sam new Manager at Newcastle. Lets hope he can do a better job than the 7 managers before him :p :

futuretiger9
15th May 2007, 21:31
I don't think there's any doubting his passion at City. He's said today that the previous manager at City had £50m to spend and the next one probably will as well. Says he was more like a caretaker manager with what he had to work with. Heard a rumour on Sky Sports News that Neil Warnock might get the job at City!

And presumably Pearce will take over at Sheffield United!!

I would have thought that Paul Jewell would be perfect for Man City, but he seems to have set his heart on a lengthy break from the pressures of football management.

alfa155btcc
16th May 2007, 00:18
Big Sam will need all the help he can get, and wonder if Owen will stay like to know your views on Owen

Storm
16th May 2007, 07:12
Are they letting Owen go ? That would be really bad as he has hardly played any games with Newcastle...Sam Allardyce can only be good for a club which needs to be in the top 6!

pino
16th May 2007, 07:17
Tonight : Espanôl vs Seville what's your prediction ? I think we will get a big surprise... but not saying by who :p :

pino
16th May 2007, 09:20
The "special one" arrested :

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=466892&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=4161&title=Mourinho+arrested+over+row

alfa155btcc
16th May 2007, 12:01
think there will be a suprise also, as for mourinho he is in news to take pressure off his players lol
:p : :p : :p : :p :

Iain
16th May 2007, 12:22
Tonight : Espanôl vs Seville what's your prediction ? I think we will get a big surprise... but not saying by who :p :

I predict it will rain and the game will be abandoned because of a flooded pitch. :p :

pino
16th May 2007, 12:28
I predict it will rain and the game will be abandoned because of a flooded pitch. :p :

So you won't go and watch it "live" ;)

Iain
16th May 2007, 12:41
I'm not a rich man. :p :

CarlMetro
16th May 2007, 17:15
My Heart says Espanyol, but my head says Seville :(

oily oaf
16th May 2007, 18:22

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=466892&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=4161&title=Mourinho+arrested+over+row

I knew you'd enjoy that one mate ;)

By the way I just heard on the news that Arsene Wenger has been questioned by the police after a big red-nosed Frenchman was spotted bundling a small dog into the back of a white van.
A police spokesperson said that when Mr Wenger was asked if he knew anything about the disappearance Jose's dog he allegedly replied "I deed not see eet" :(

oily oaf
16th May 2007, 18:27

I knew you'd enjoy that one mate ;)

Apparently the police have arrested Arsene Wenger on suspicion of theft after a big red-nosed Frenchman was seen bundling a small dog into a white van.
A police spokesperson said that when Mr Wenger was asked if he knew anything about the disappearance of Jose's dog he replied "I deed not see eet" :(

oily oaf
16th May 2007, 18:29
Ooops a DP. :batman:

futuretiger9
16th May 2007, 21:46
West Brom have beaten Wolves, and will meet Derby in the Championship play-off final at Wembley. I fancy West Brom to secure promotion to the Premiership.

GridGirl
16th May 2007, 23:22
I just got back from the West Brom match. It took me three hours to get there as I'm working in Stoke this week but it was well worth it just to see Baggies beat Wolves for the 4th time this season, and score their 10th goal against them which turned out to be the 100th of the season.

Invading the soaking pitch in my 5inch heals and work suit probably wasn't the greatest thing to do, but it sure was fun :D Now its time to sulk at all the reason's why I can't go to Wembley. :bigcry:

SEATFreak
17th May 2007, 16:06
West Brom have beaten Wolves, and will meet Derby in the Championship play-off final at Wembley. I fancy West Brom to secure promotion to the Premiership.

That would be quite a feat. Think I am talking nonsense? How many times has all three teams who were relegated gone back up at the first attempt and when was the last time? I would love it as it proves the bridge between the Championship and the Premiership isn't as hard to cross as many make out. It can be done. But a rare achievement.

Speaking as a neutral I would admittedly like to see Derby win as the defeat to Crystal Palace ending their dream of automatic promotion so close to the end aftter being in the top 5-6 for most of the campaign must have hurt. I feel for them. Because contrary to popular opinions of me I am like that.

But the Sunderland supporter in me sees West Brom suiting life in the Premiership more. Sorry Rams fans but would you really do as well if not better than WBA? I am sure you would fight well but like Watford may find it overwhellming.

stevie_gerrard
17th May 2007, 17:26
I hope West Brom do go up........

....... So they can come back down next season :p : wolves can swap places with them :p :

Just like to say that West Brom thoroughly deserved their victory over the two legs, but if it wasnt for Kevin Phillips, you would have been screwed! :laugh:

futuretiger9
17th May 2007, 21:26
Tony Mowbray looks to me like one of the best young-ish managers out there. He's single-minded and determined, and has done extremely well to get West Brom into their current position.

pino
18th May 2007, 09:38
Ancellotti has confirmed Maldini will play the final, it will be the 8th presence in a CL final for him (only leggendary Gento did that before) The only doubt for Milan at the moment is...Inzaghi or Gilardino. Can't wait...

ian959
18th May 2007, 14:56
I hope West Brom do go up........

....... So they can come back down next season :p : wolves can swap places with them :p :

I knew there had to be an upside to losing to West Brom...

alfa155btcc
18th May 2007, 20:01
Forget the play off`s and other games there is the small matter of the FA Cup Final tomorrow, we (Chelsea) have quite a few players missing especially missed will be Cavalho and Essien Bless him although he is versatile will be missed in midfield as he will be doing a covering role, but i still think we can do it with that Mourinho magic

COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!

Ian McC
18th May 2007, 21:09
Sorry Oily old mate but it doesn't sound good!

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=467398&cpid=8&clid=21&lid=&title=Tevez:+Time+for+a+change

oily oaf
19th May 2007, 06:32
Sorry Oily old mate but it doesn't sound good!

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=467398&cpid=8&clid=21&lid=&title=Tevez:+Time+for+a+change

Blimey! You had me worried for a bit there Mac I thought you were gonna post that Youtube clip of Mrs Oaf singing "I Left My Heart In San Francisco" through her arse :(

Don't worry mate I have already resigned myself to losing my little Argie mate Carlos.
I hope the boy gets the move he wants and preferably to a foreign club as I'd hate to see the little genius sticking a couple in the back of West Ham's net next season.
He's done a fantastic job for us and has never stopped trying unlike one or two others I could mention.
So adios mi amigo y buena suerte!

pino
19th May 2007, 07:07
I've heard Juventus could be interested in Tavez, just in case Camoranesi will leave, dunno much about him, he's any good ? Yes I know he scored the crucial goal in Manchester but what else ? Juve needs very good players :p :

oily oaf
19th May 2007, 07:39
Pino He's a magnificent little player and would be a great addition to your beloved Juventus.
He's got a great heart and never stops running and looking to score even when things are going against the team.
During his sadly brief stay with The Hammers the fans have taken him to their hearts just as they did with the mighty Paulo Di Canio and he'll always be a much loved figure in East London.
Sadly for Juve it looks as if he's set to join Real Madrid or Milano but personally I think he'd look very smart in the famous old black and white stripes ;)

pino
19th May 2007, 08:10
Thanks oily ;) Juve very soon will ask Camoranesi to make up his mind, if he will leave, they will go after Tevez. Didn't read noway Real and Milan are interested in him so we have good chances :D btw I tought it was impossible for the Hammers Fans to love someone as much as they loved Paolo Di Canio :p :

Curryhead
19th May 2007, 08:26
Nottm Forest 2-5 Yeovil, :( I hate football me

pino
19th May 2007, 09:15
btw FA Cup final today...none cares :eek:

Go Chelsea :rolleyes:

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 10:10
The FA Cup Final will be won by Manchester United with 3 goals to 1. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Wembley looks like full. It's wrong that 30,000 tickets have gone to people like Jeremy Clarkson who doesn't even like football.

alfa155btcc
19th May 2007, 10:59
i hope you are wrong i am a chelsea fan and i don`t care what the score is as long as chelsea win i don`t care, as for tickets i am a season ticket holder and could`nt get ticket they gave us 30,000 tickets for us and man u what a joke and 30,000 for corporate i thought it was a game for the supporters.

Come on you Blues

stevie_gerrard
19th May 2007, 11:51
My prediction......

Chelsea Reserves 0-0 Man Utd reserves :p : (Man Utd win on penalties ;) )

I have to say, Yeovil vs Nottingham Forest was the best game of the play offs yet last night :up:

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 18:25
Can't believe Man Utd lost. Chelsea didn't have a chance until the goal and Giggs should have had a penalty. Rooney could have got a hatrick

pino
19th May 2007, 18:42
I disagree Jon Brown, Chelsea had more chances than United, but United scored a goal, unfortunatelly the referee wasn't in the best position to see that the bold had been over the line. Rooney played a great game, can't say the same for Ronaldo...

Ian McC
19th May 2007, 19:22
Nottm Forest 2-5 Yeovil

Maybe it's because I am older but that result looks wrong in so many ways :s

Just another case of how the mighty have fallen in football.

Curryhead
19th May 2007, 19:45
Maybe it's because I am older but that result looks wrong in so many ways :s

Just another case of how the mighty have fallen in football.

mate, I know we ain't what we used to be by far, but I can honestly say,I shed a few tears last night, absolutely gutted :(

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 21:55
unfortunatelly the referee wasn't in the best position to see that the bold had been over the line.

I didn't know that they played football with a bold :confused:

In the second half Vidic and Rooney ran the game. I just couldn't see Man Utd not winning. Man Utd had the two best players on the pitch but lost. :bigcry:

pino
19th May 2007, 22:02
I didn't know that they played football with a bold :confused:

Bold is ball in danish :p : sorry I get confused somentime ;)

Ian McC
19th May 2007, 22:07
mate, I know we ain't what we used to be by far, but I can honestly say,I shed a few tears last night, absolutely gutted :(

Have a beer or two on me then mate :)

futuretiger9
19th May 2007, 22:47
Can't believe Man Utd lost. Chelsea didn't have a chance until the goal and Giggs should have had a penalty. Rooney could have got a hatrick

The Man Utd players and coaches looked stunned at the end of the match. They just could not believe that they had lost. I get the impression though that Chelsea were really up for the game, and maybe wanted it a bit more.

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 22:50
At least it wasn't as bad as 2 years a go when Arsenal beat Man Utd on penalties after we had completely battered them

BeansBeansBeans
19th May 2007, 23:08
I disagree Jon Brown, Chelsea had more chances than United, but United scored a goal, unfortunatelly the referee wasn't in the best position to see that the bold had been over the line. Rooney played a great game, can't say the same for Ronaldo...

The ball may have crossed the line, but it wasn't a goal. Petr Cech collected the ball cleanly, before Giggs collided with him and effectively shoved both him and the ball across the line. Chelsea should have had a free kick.

I thought both sides were fairly poor today, but it's to be expected after so many competitive games. Ultimately Chelsea scored and Man Utd didn't, so Chelsea lift the cup. That's football.

Brown, Jon Brow
19th May 2007, 23:15
The ball may have crossed the line, but it wasn't a goal. Petr Cech collected the ball cleanly, before Giggs collided with him and effectively shoved both him and the ball across the line. Chelsea should have had a free kick.

I still think that Giggs would have smashed the ball into the net if Essien hadn't tripped him. But Man Utd can't get penalties, this is the end of democracy :p :(

stevie_gerrard
20th May 2007, 00:41
Hate to say it, but i thought it was one of the worst finals for a long time. neither side really seemed up for it, chelsea looked more likely to win the game, but man utd had the chances. ball DOES cross the line from giggs shot, but sometimes a short moment of skill wins a game like that, and drogba produced it.

Rooney looked really sharp though, which is good news for england i guess :p :

alfa155btcc
20th May 2007, 01:02

Slight byass me thinks, Rooney hatrick don`t think so your best chance was Giggs and not the one where you thought it was penalty, you also seem to forget was a foul on Cech and if you saw interview with giggs he was not bothered about Essien tackle was complaining about ball over the line which it was but only because he pushed cech over line with ball which was foul, never mind we stopped you doing double keep trophy nicely polished for when we get it back next season lol

alfa155btcc
20th May 2007, 01:03

i agree Pino where was ronaldo ?????

alfa155btcc
20th May 2007, 01:07
i disagree i am a chelsea fan and new before the start of game that it was going to be like a game of chess from what are the 2 best teams in england, was a great tactical show and chelsea scored goal and won fa cup, last team to win at old wembly and frst team to win at new wembley a record that won`t be broken.

pino
20th May 2007, 06:44

I thought both sides were fairly poor today, but it's to be expected after so many competitive games. Ultimately Chelsea scored and Man Utd didn't, so Chelsea lift the cup. That's football.

Yes he took the ball and broght it over the line, he was a regular goal no doubt about it. The referee was covered by players and couldn't see that, it happens in football...And yes I agree it was a poor game and I expected a lot more from both sides :(

oily oaf
20th May 2007, 10:19
What a contrast to last year's Final when West Ham and Liverpool played out an epic 3 - 3 draw roared on by two of the greatest sets of fans on the planet.
The Football Association Cup?
The F******g Awful cup more like.
Dross!

racing59
20th May 2007, 10:32
The final word sums up the whole thing. That's why I stopped doing football some 25 years ago when it became a commercial boring crap game. I don't buy newspapers now because footballers and celebrities appear more important to the tabloids than real news.

It is our job in motorsport (all of us) to make it more important to the public than p*xy football.

NASCAR was at one point, the second most watched sport in north america behind Baseball. I understand that college football now holds the top spot, but to the media, they are all pretty well close to the top of the list.

Over here, it's Football. more football, and more football again. Acrington Stanley under-12's gets more media attention in the national press than the British F3 series - and that is the breeding ground for F1 stars of the future.

It needs to change. And only we, the drivers, teams, and fans, can change it, by demanding the media takes notice of us. The fans should be writing to the BBC & ITV asking why they are not showing more racing from the national classes on prime-time TV. Keep bombarding them, and they will take notice.

Then, Footing the pigs bladder around the grassy field can have a run for it's money in the sponsorship stakes, and our grandstands can be full again.

Pie in the sky? Who knows. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2007, 17:57
What does everyone think of the new Wembley stadium then? Personally I think that it lacks the character of the old one and is far to similar in design to the Emirates. I think i preferred the Millennium stadium.

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/images/2006/07/18/emirates3_440x330.jpg

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/F0F70BF8-239E-45B9-847D-FC5134852A2A/109339/Wembley_view_L.jpg

Bezza
20th May 2007, 19:37

Man Utd didn't score a goal. It wasn't given. Giggs missed from two yards, and then pushed Cech over the line, so it was a foul - the referee gave advantage because he had the ball in his arms. Anyone pretending that Utd deserved to win is stupid, Chelsea deserved to.

I don't really care because I was at Radio One Big Weekend :D and then today Morecambe 2 Exeter 1 was clearly a better match.

odykas
20th May 2007, 19:56
I was informed that Jubentus is back to Serie A.

Good things don't last long! :devil:

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2007, 20:17
Man Utd didn't score a goal. It wasn't given. Giggs missed from two yards, and then pushed Cech over the line, so it was a foul - the referee gave advantage because he had the ball in his arms. Anyone pretending that Utd deserved to win is stupid, Chelsea deserved to.

I don't really care because I was at Radio One Big Weekend :D and then today Morecambe 2 Exeter 1 was clearly a better match.

Did Van Der Sar have to make a save in the 2nd half or extra time? Even though Chelsea had more possession I felt that Rio and Vidic controlled anything Chelsea did before the goal. Man Utd always looked more dangerous on the counter. Maybe the late sub of O'Shea for Carrick caused the mid-field to lose concentration and as a result Lampard got free and created the goal.

alfa155btcc
20th May 2007, 20:27
at the end of it we beat you with Sheva, Ballack, Ashley cole for most of game out, Cavalho, robben for only 20 mins, you had your best team out and could still not beat us

Brown, Jon Brow
20th May 2007, 21:00
at the end of it we beat you with Sheva, Ballack, Ashley cole for most of game out, Cavalho, robben for only 20 mins, you had your best team out and could still not beat us

Chelsea are better without Sheva and Ballack. Man Utd had Saha and Hargreaves missing ;)

pino
20th May 2007, 21:46
I was informed that Jubentus is back to Serie A.

Good things don't last long! :devil:

Yeeees ! isn't that great :p :

donKey jote
20th May 2007, 22:26
Barcelona suddenly remembered how to play football: 0-6 against Atletico Madrid :D
Some pretty neat goals too :D :D :D

pino
20th May 2007, 22:32
Way to go Barca :up: I still hope you win the title :D

stevie_gerrard
21st May 2007, 00:33
definately tight though, Real and Sevilla both won as well, its been a while since all three teams won in one weekend aint it? :p :

gutted for exeter, but morecambe in the league will be amazing, they just need wise now to join them (i.e. Dennis Wise, Leeds United) :laugh: i would have thought it wudnt be too long till leeds are in league 2 and morecambe might just survive next season. :p :

Congrats to juve, any truth in that rumour i head pino about tevez joining them? tevez would be a legend in Serie A i would have thought. Even though im secretly hoping he will stay at West ham till January :p :

alfa155btcc
21st May 2007, 00:34
i hope barca win it too and not real will never forgive capello leaving JUventus, merchanary, Glad Juventus are back up hope they keep Deschamps
:s mokin:

Storm
21st May 2007, 06:32
Barcelona suddenly remembered how to play football: 0-6 against Atletico Madrid :D
Some pretty neat goals too

Apparently they found how to play with some cojones eh ? :p :
La Liga is really set for an exciting finish....great game by Barcelona last night...very wet in Madrid, but after the first 30 mins it was all FCB!

Sadly it would have been a better night if Recreativo had managed to hold off Real for 1 more minute Grrr.

And yes...FA cup, nice goal by Drogba, as for Giggs and his claims for a goal when he actually rammed into Cech :dozey: thats not how you are supposed to score them Ryan, you need to hit the ball when the cross comes!

ian959
21st May 2007, 15:39
Hate to say it, but i thought it was one of the worst finals for a long time.

Could not agree more - I went to bed at half time as I was falling asleep waiting for someone to do anything that remotely looked like playing decent football.

On to more exciting topics - why wouldn't Sir Jack sell Wolves to me for 10 quid? Jeez, I would have given him 20 quid.

The other 30 million I admit would have been a bit difficult to do...

At 10 quid Wolves would have to be the best off-season buy this year.

alfa155btcc
21st May 2007, 17:59
£10 for Wolves would`nt have given them that much lol

GridGirl
21st May 2007, 18:34
£10 too much. Sir Jack will hardly be able to buy himself a bottle of Rum in Barbados or wherever he lives.

Is a devout Liverpool fan really going to stay loyal to them?

alfa155btcc
21st May 2007, 21:22
Sorry GridGirl, But I hope Ac Milan win

futuretiger9
21st May 2007, 21:32
£10 too much. Sir Jack will hardly be able to buy himself a bottle of Rum in Barbados or wherever he lives.

Is a devout Liverpool fan really going to stay loyal to them?

Will this be the final push to propel Wolves to the Premiership?

stevie_gerrard
21st May 2007, 23:40
Will this be the final push to propel Wolves to the Premiership?

Short Answer, YES!! :p :

pino
22nd May 2007, 13:36
Here's Milan squad :

Dida

Oddo Nesta Maldini Jankulowski

Pirlo

Gattuso Ambrosini Seedorf

Kaká Inzaghi

GridGirl
22nd May 2007, 18:41

To be honest, I meant is a devout Liverpool fan going to stay loyal to Wolves. I very much doubt it. If you have one rule in life, it should be to never trust anyone who switches supporting a football team.

Anyhows, I hope AC Milan win, purely on the basis that I've been to the San Siro to see them play and I've never been to Anfield.

Ian McC
22nd May 2007, 20:06
Hargreaves missing ;)

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there?

futuretiger9
22nd May 2007, 21:40

As a Brit, I should be rooting for Liverpool, but I love the way AC Milan play, particularly in midfield.

BeansBeansBeans
22nd May 2007, 23:59
If you have one rule in life, it should be to never trust anyone who switches supporting a football team.

I would agree, to an extent, but I don't feel that Morgan is switching allegiance from Liverpool to Wolves. He's just a businessman who wants to own a football club.

I would also add that those who work within football often have to change their allegiance once they're on the other side of the white line. Everyone knows that Owen, Fowler and Carragher were die-hard Evertonians in their youth, and that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was a devout Liverpool fan. My own father supported Liverpool from boyhood, but now he works for a rival club, he has their interests at heart instead.

alfa155btcc
23rd May 2007, 00:00
As a Brit, I should be rooting for Liverpool, but I love the way AC Milan play, particularly in midfield.

I hope they do but Liverpool have a better team than when they palyed 2 years ago against AC Milan and looked what happened there, I know i live in the UK but I would like to see te rosso neri win it.