PDA

View Full Version : I will probably banned but... (Football chat) !

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

pino
2nd March 2007, 11:09
Drogba wins Africa's Golden Bold award 2007 :up:
2nd Etó
3rd Essien

stevie_gerrard
2nd March 2007, 18:58
deserves it he does, hes been outstanding this season, 28 goals already i think, hes been brilliant, even if he does play for Chelsea :p :

tony_yeboah
3rd March 2007, 13:13
Come On Leeds, You Boys Have To Win Today!

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd March 2007, 14:54
YEESSSSSSS!!!!!!! :D 12points clear (13 if you count goal difference)

stevie_gerrard
3rd March 2007, 19:35
you were so lucky!! You did not deserve to win that game, that should have been Liverpools victory....

Saying that though, i do want Man Utd to win the title, so congratulations :p :

Luton 2-3 Wolves :D i believe thats our 6th win in 7 games AND we are up to 5th in the table!! :D Promotion here we come ;) :p :

CarlMetro
4th March 2007, 21:33
What an absolute corker of a match this afternoon between Spurs and the Hammers :up: At halftime, 2-0 down I thought Spurs were done for. They'd had some good chances in the first half but failed to convert any of them and both goals for West Ham were top class.

West Ham seemed to sit back a bit after the break where as Spurs came out blazing. I wasn't that surprised to see them pull it back to 2-2 because they were all over West Ham but when Spuirs went 3-2 down after Zamoras superb header I thought it was all over.

Berbatov's free kick in the 89th minute was a true classic, although Konchesky should have cleared it of the line, but the nail in the coffin was a cruel blow to West Ham's chances of premiership survival. I thought they certainly deserved at least a point from their performance today.

Cracking match for the neutrals, even better for the Spurs supporters :D

Sorry Oily.

BeansBeansBeans
4th March 2007, 21:52
Yes, I turned on the Spurs / West Ham match when it was 2-2 and was thrilled by the remainder of the game. Berbatov is quickly becoming one of my favourite players to watch. I feel sorry for the West Ham fans, who in my opinion, have been let down this season by the attitudes of some of their players.

tony_yeboah
4th March 2007, 22:26
i think i (tony yeboah) need to get my boots back on and go help out the boys down at elland road

stevie_gerrard
4th March 2007, 23:08
OMG, oh Oily, oh Oily, im so so sorry for West Ham, they were brillaint today, deserved the victory, never mind the draw, so so cruel, such a cruel game.

Carlos Tevez really looked like a premiership player for the first time this season, i fear its too late for them now though :(

Heres hoping the impossible happens :up:

oily oaf
5th March 2007, 07:27
Hehehehehe Don't worry about old Oily chaps, I'm getting quite used to it ;)

First up you've got to hand it to Carl's Spuds. To overcome a 2 nil deficit and win the match is a tremendous effort.

Fortunately I missed the match as I was otherwise engaged removing the heater matrix from a knackered old Micra in the pouring rain during which I contrived to crush the top of my left index finger in a pair of water pump grips :bigcry:

However the swearing that ensued paled into insignificance when compared with the volley that issued forth as Spuds grabbed the winner. I was watching the dying minutes on Teletext through my fingers from behind the couch at the time :D
The match itself sounds like a real belter although you'll have to forgive me if I don't tape the highlights today.

Beans. I take your point with regards to player commitment although I am of the opinion that when a team is struggling for form and results the long suffering fans do tend to round on the players and trot out the usual "overpaid prima donnas" diatribe.
Call me a crazy young fantasist but I like to think that when any of those boys pulls on the claret and blue jersey they go out and give it their all.
Naive? Possibly :)

Stevie boy. It looks like our 2 famous old clubs will be doing battle once again next season mate.
Ah West Ham V Wolves. A fixture that once created fevered anticipation amongst soccer followers. A chance to see Kenny Hibbit jinking down the wing before sending over a cross for the mighty Derek Dougan to meet with a trademark bullet header and an opportunity to marvel at the cultured play of the great Bobby Moore as he criss crossed the field with a bewildering array of pinpoint passes for Hurst and co to latch on to.
Of course I'm far too young to have witnessed these fabled leviathans in the flesh but Carl's told me about 'em.

Ah well it's Monday morning and time to go to my hallowed workplace where a Spurs supporting colleague will no doubt be anticipating my arrival with unaccustomed glee.

Still you mustn't let these things get you down eh chaps?
BLAM! (thud)

Storm
5th March 2007, 07:40
Sevilla 2-1 Barcelona.

Liverpool on Wednesday and Madrid coming up next saturday :s

pino
5th March 2007, 10:16
The next 2 days are going to be very exciting....hopefully I will watch both LIverpool-Barca and Bayern-R.Madrid :D

oily oaf
5th March 2007, 17:50
Before Stevie G sends me a letter bomb I'd better hasten to add that the Wolves v West Ham fixture will only take place if the boys in Old Gold fail to win a place in the Premiership this season :D

Perhaps there will still be a club whose name begins with a W in the top flight after all. Maybe 2 if West Brom continue to shine. :)

oily oaf
5th March 2007, 18:16
Have you heard the Arsenal fan's latest song?

(sung to the tune of the "Okey Cokey")

You put your Argies in
You pull your Argies out
The Iceman comes and he kicks the gaffer out
You're selling Reo Coker and you're going down
That's why we love to shout
Ooohhhhh w***y w***y West Ham
Misfits, has beens Ha Ha Ha

:(

Funks
5th March 2007, 19:04
Call me a crazy young fantasist but I like to think that when any of those boys pulls on the claret and blue jersey they go out and give it their all.
Naive? Possibly :)

You hint there about passion for the club Oily.
Time was you used to be able to look at the birthplaces of 50% of our players and they'd all be within the range of a Julian Dicks free kick of the Turrets. How times change. It used to mean something to play for the Hammers because you were a local.

The only player other than Mark Noble who looked as though he was born a Hammer is Carlos Tevez. I am told by some that they think Tevez was born in Buenos Aires. This is in fact a misconception as I know for a fact he was born and bred in Bromley-by-Bow.

That goal celebration by Tevez was the best I have seen at Upton Park since I had the privilege to witness a shirt ripping off stylee exhibition by the legend that is Paulo Di Canio. There's another player who people think was born in Rome - in fact it is well known in our manor that he was born in Romford. Another true Hammer.

*some parts of this post may be fictitious* :p

Ian McC
5th March 2007, 19:36
even better for the Spurs supporters

I wish they would stop putting me through it every match, I am getting grey hairs :mad:

Still, great when that last goal went in :beer: :beer: :beer: :D

BeansBeansBeans
5th March 2007, 21:18
The next 2 days are going to be very exciting....hopefully I will watch both LIverpool-Barca and Bayern-R.Madrid :D

The Liverpool v Barca match is all set to be a classic....and I'm going to miss it.

stevie_gerrard
5th March 2007, 21:19
Before Stevie G sends me a letter bomb I'd better hasten to add that the Wolves v West Ham fixture will only take place if the boys in Old Gold fail to win a place in the Premiership this season :D

Perhaps there will still be a club whose name begins with a W in the top flight after all. Maybe 2 if West Brom continue to shine. :)

Dammit Oily!! that was my first point!! ARRGH, where do i chuck this letter bomb now?

(Ponders while it ticks away)

Yes, one will be hoping Wolverhampton Wanderers will be there, we got West Brom next, gonna be another slaughtering probably :( but im willing to put my money on the albion not going up if they get beat by the wolves at the weekend! ;)

Iain
5th March 2007, 21:49
I don't think I've ever seen the Championship as close as it is this year. Usually at least one team has broken away at the top, but it's very tight still. Sunderland and Wolves seem to be the teams in form, although Derby and Birmingham have picked up again also.

Brown, Jon Brow
5th March 2007, 21:53
I don't think I've ever seen the Championship as close as it is this year. Usually at least one team has broken away at the top, but it's very tight still. Sunderland and Wolves seem to be the teams in form, although Derby and Birmingham have picked up again also.

Don't forget Preston (who beat Southampton tonight :) )

Iain
5th March 2007, 21:54
Didn't know the result of that. :up: Watched most of the first half, but the wind was ruining the game, so turned off.

tony_yeboah
5th March 2007, 22:23
wind? lol worst excuse for not watching a game of football ever! :D

pino
6th March 2007, 07:13
3 big matches :

Liverpool-Barca
Lyon-Roma
Valencia-Inter

Chelsea already ahead me thinks

What are your predictions ? I say Barca, Lyon and Inter :D

oily oaf
6th March 2007, 07:29
3 big matches :

Liverpool-Barca
Lyon-Roma
Valencia-Inter

Chelsea already ahead me thinks

As usual you are hopelessly wrong Pino :mad:

I say Inter, Barca and Lyon.

Get a grip man ;)

oily oaf
6th March 2007, 07:41
You hint there about passion for the club Oily.
Time was you used to be able to look at the birthplaces of 50% of our players and they'd all be within the range of a Julian Dicks free kick of the Turrets. How times change. It used to mean something to play for the Hammers because you were a local.

The only player other than Mark Noble who looked as though he was born a Hammer is Carlos Tevez. I am told by some that they think Tevez was born in Buenos Aires. This is in fact a misconception as I know for a fact he was born and bred in Bromley-by-Bow.

That goal celebration by Tevez was the best I have seen at Upton Park since I had the privilege to witness a shirt ripping off stylee exhibition by the legend that is Paulo Di Canio. There's another player who people think was born in Rome - in fact it is well known in our manor that he was born in Romford. Another true Hammer.

*some parts of this post may be fictitious* :p

Evenin' All!

Hehehehehe. Yeah can't argue with any of that mate.

But wait! You forgot to mention Frankie Mac :mad: ! Scotland Shmotland.
I'll have you know that my old mum assisted in his birth when he first emerged into this life as a mewling, puking infant.
The happy event took place above a pie and eel drum in Silvertown. He weighed in at a healthy 8lbs and smiled happily as he guzzled a 9oz bottle of National Dried Weaning Lager and sniffed animatedly at a line of talcum powder. Unfortunately an episode of Doctor Finlay's Casebook was on the telly at the time hence the dodgy accent.

Bless 'im :)

PS Spot on about Tevez. A shining jewel in a sea of dross.
It's enough to make ya want to give 'em back The Falkands innit? ;)

Josti
6th March 2007, 08:50
PSV will mis Kromkamp (hamstring) and da Costa (fever) for tommorows match against Arsenal :\ . I know Rosicky won't be playing for Arsenal, but what about Henry?

Well, let's hope for a little stunt tommorow...

janneppi
6th March 2007, 08:57
Might have to watch the Liverpool - Barca game, i'm hoping for a better Barca than what i saw saturday.

Storm
6th March 2007, 11:00
I will again not be able to watch this game but I hope to watch el clasico on the weekend though!

Go Barca and Valencia too!

Iain
6th March 2007, 12:21
Evenin' All!

Hehehehehe. Yeah can't argue with any of that mate.

But wait! You forgot to mention Frankie Mac :mad: ! Scotland Shmotland.
I'll have you know that my old mum assisted in his birth when he first emerged into this life as a mewling, puking infant.
The happy event took place above a pie and eel drum in Silvertown. He weighed in at a healthy 8lbs and smiled happily as he guzzled a 9oz bottle of National Dried Weaning Lager and sniffed animatedly at a line of talcum powder. Unfortunately an episode of Doctor Finlay's Casebook was on the telly at the time hence the dodgy accent.

Bless 'im :)

Macca's a legend up here, but it's absolutely nothing to do with his footballing ability. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKEPINTZ2BM :laugh:

oily oaf
6th March 2007, 16:48
Macca's a legend up here, but it's absolutely nothing to do with his footballing ability. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKEPINTZ2BM :laugh:

Quality! :D

I'm no a Billy I'm a Tim :confused:

Translation please boys.

Iain
6th March 2007, 17:03
It's a load of sectarian bollocks, that's what that is. :down:

I prefer the comedy version of Macca. I can't find much of the material online yet. I'm sure it'll appear eventually. He loves it, he's even becoming more and more like the parody version which is worrying. :D

oily oaf
6th March 2007, 18:07
It's a load of sectarian bollocks, that's what that is. :down:

I prefer the comedy version of Macca. I can't find much of the material online yet. I'm sure it'll appear eventually. He loves it, he's even becoming more and more like the parody version which is worrying. :D

Ah I thought it might have been an anti protestant jobbie :)

Still be he a Billy or indeed a Tim he was one of the best strikers to grace Upton Park.
I well remember when he and Tony Cottee took us to within an ace of winning the 1st Division, as it was called back then.
Nowadays I'd be happy to just win a MATCH :D

Bezza
6th March 2007, 19:54
Great to see all the teams I don't like getting beat at the weekend. I won't name clubs, but John O'Shea made my weekend brighter thats for sure, as did some Canadian bloke and three Yorkshiremen.

Tony_Yeboah, you need to stop getting PNE rejects like Cresswell, Healy and Lewis! Then you may have a chance!

Preston 3 Southampton 1 :cool: Happy days - poor first half, brilliant second.

Josti
6th March 2007, 21:41
Bye bye Barca..

donKey jote
6th March 2007, 21:48

that was either 100% right or 100% wrong :p :

tony_yeboah
6th March 2007, 22:02
i hate liverpool

Brown, Jon Brow
6th March 2007, 22:05
Well done to Liverpool. Benitez is one of the best tacticians in the world.

However seen as Liverpool beat Barcelona and Man Utd beat Liverpool with 10 men, by my calculations Man U are 8 times better than the reigning European Champions. :cheese:

stevie_gerrard
6th March 2007, 22:45
pfft, whatever you think jon :rolleyes:

Well chuffed for liverpool, thought i was watching the same game as on saturday the amount of chances liverpool had, and going a goal down, but they were by far the better side and deserved their victory over the two legs.

Really surprised by Roma getting through, i sure pino can tell me how Roma are doing this season, ive not seen a lot of their serie A football. Night of shocks really, with Barca, Lyon, and Inter all going out, all reigning league champions in their respective countries.

shame same cant be said about Chelsea :p :

Storm
7th March 2007, 06:01
I watched the Barcelona game...yeah well 1-0 win but they are out. :(
Liverpool had too many chances in the 1st half but just could not score, so I thought it was going to be a good day for Barca!

Barcelona had lots of possession but I did not like that Eto'o played wide left while Dinho was in the center..I know they do swap during the play but wasn't a really good move as Messi was the only one who saw a lot of the ball. 2nd half was good though...oh well

Waiting for the Madrid game now :p :

pino
7th March 2007, 08:08
Really surprised by Roma getting through, i sure pino can tell me how Roma are doing this season, ive not seen a lot of their serie A football. Night of shocks really, with Barca, Lyon, and Inter all going out, all reigning league champions in their respective countries.

Roma shocked myself and anyone in Italy with that win :eek There are 2nd in Serie A but 16 points behind Inter, and they have a veri organized squad with probably the best midfield in Europe ( Rossi, Pizzaro, Perrotta, Taddei ) 2 great defenders ( Mexell and Chivu ) a very fast wing ( brazilian Mancini ) and Totti infront, who's the most arrogant player in the world but he's a great talent ;)

Feel sorry for Barca but Liverpool deserved to go ahead, don't care about Chelsea, while Valencia were just better than Inter in...boxing :p : :crazy:

oily oaf
7th March 2007, 18:20
RADIO 5 REPORTER. Arsene if you lose tonight your season will be over won't it?

WHINGER. No eet weel not. We still 'ave ze championsheep to go for.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHOHOOHOHOHOHOHO

PS It was good to see Rijkaard accept defeat in such a sporting manner last night.

I'm sure Mr Wenger will be equally generous in defeat.
Then again he might attack the PSV coach, throw pizza in the tunnel and then call the ref and linesmen liars before accusing all the PSV players of being cheats, divers and a "deesgrace"

Two bob runny nosed mug!

stevie_gerrard
7th March 2007, 22:40
Well one has his wish Oily, Arsenal are out :p : Dont deserve to be out at all, but its their own fault for not punishing PSV in the first half :p :

Man Utd through fairly comfortably, and totally gutting for Celtic who lost out to Milan thanks to a moment of Brilliance from Kaka. :up:

Barca have Madrid to lick their wounds with as well, as they go out as well :p : Those defeats will surely make the game this weekend a bit fiery :p :

tony_yeboah
7th March 2007, 22:48
i would just like to say that fight at the end of the valencia - inter game was amazing. once again, italy really helping themselves. how can they expect the fans to behave when they cant get the players to!!

amazing punch by the valancia defender. brings back memories of players chasing maradona around the pitch during a top notch fight.

I loved it.

Josti
8th March 2007, 00:48
Well one has his wish Oily, Arsenal are out :p : Dont deserve to be out at all, but its their own fault for not punishing PSV in the first half :p :

Why doesn't Arsenal deserve to be out :confused:

Yeah, PSV was struggling in the first half, but they approached Arsenal very professionally in the 2nd half. Totally a deserved draw (Alex is the men!), and PSV was just the better (and the smarter) one over two games.

PSV to draw Bayern!! :up:

oily oaf
8th March 2007, 06:32
Arsenal OUT PSV Eindhoven IN

Life's good :D

Kinda makes me want to give a rousing rendition of an old song that around 2000 of us East End boys used to sing as we walked through a suprisingly deserted Islington about half an hour before kick off.

(puts on Ben Sherman shirt, Levi Sta Prests, Doc Martin Cherry Reds and goes into knees up mode)

My old man said follow West Ham
And don't go to Arsenal on the way
We'll take the Highbury with the North Bank in it
We'll run the Gooners then the game we'll win it
The Millwall The Tottenham West Ham boys will stop 'em
We give them a kicking every year
Cos we are the geezers with the Cockney accents
Oh the West Ham boys are 'ere.

Halcyon days my friends. Halcyon days :D

Storm
8th March 2007, 07:44
WHINGER. No eet weel not. We still 'ave ze championsheep to go for.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHOHOOHOHOHOHOHO

Two bob runny nosed mug!

:laugh: :up:

I got immense pleasure after looking at the results this morning that Arse-anal and Real are both out of the CL

...Arsenal, Dont deserve to be out at all, but its their own fault for not punishing PSV in the first half

Like Josti said....why didnt they deserve to be out ?????

In 180 minutes they could not bloody score a single goal..the one they got was an own goal by PSV!

pino
8th March 2007, 12:02
Milan did it, but it was exciting until last min, Celtic played much better in Milan, than they did in Glasgow, and their keeper has talent, I won't be surprised if Milan buy him ;) 8 Teams left now :

Chelsea
Liverpool
Man. United
Milan
Roma
Valencia
Bayern Munich
PSV

Tomorrow we will know who will fight who, I wouldn't mind a Chelsea-Milan, and Roma-Liverpool :D

Brown, Jon Brow
8th March 2007, 12:14
Milan did it, but it was exciting until last min, Celtic played much better in Milan, than they did in Glasgow, and their keeper has talent, I won't be surprised if Milan buy him ;) 8 Teams left now :

Chelsea
Liverpool
Man. United
Milan
Roma
Valencia
Bayern Munich
PSV

Tomorrow we will know who will fight who, I wouldn't mind a Chelsea-Milan, and Roma-Liverpool :D

If Arsenal and Celtic had won it would be a very british draw ;)

I want Man Utd to get PSV.

I think the fact that 3 English teams are still in the tournament shows that the Premiership is currently the best in Europe. :D

BeansBeansBeans
8th March 2007, 12:37
Despite Chelsea and United having stronger sides domestically, I'd still say Liverpool were our best bet in Europe. The European game and the domestic game are very different propositions, and it's a sign of Benitez' tactical nous that he can frequently overcome the best teams in Europe with a squad that isn't good enough to genuinely challenge for the Premiership.

pino
8th March 2007, 12:54
Despite Chelsea and United having stronger sides domestically, I'd still say Liverpool were our best bet in Europe. The European game and the domestic game are very different propositions, and it's a sign of Benitez' tactical nous that he can frequently overcome the best teams in Europe with a squad that isn't good enough to genuinely challenge for the Premiership.

I totally agree, Benitez right now he's the best coach in Europe :up: but watch out because Real has him on top list, as replacement for Capello ;)

stevie_gerrard
8th March 2007, 22:00
I would like to point out that i am chuffed for PSV to go through i really am. God dammit i do hate Arsneal, but i do believe that Arsenal were by far the better side for 135 minutes of that tie. Yeh the shooting was awful from them, but the skill and ability that Arsenal side had was pure class, and i think their attacking play will be sorely missed. But as i said, its their own fault for not taking their chances, and all credit for PSV taking theirs and getting through :up:

Bring on Liverpool-Bayern, that would be a classic game :D

BeansBeansBeans
8th March 2007, 22:50
I totally agree, Benitez right now he's the best coach in Europe :up: but watch out because Real has him on top list, as replacement for Capello ;)

Sadly I agree that we're likely to lose him to Real at some stage. Hopefully he'll win us another European Cup before then.

pino
9th March 2007, 13:02
Quarter-final draw :

AC Milan v Bayern Munich
PSV Eindhoven v Liverpool
Roma v Man United
Chelsea v Valencia

It looks like an easy job for the english club, I am not too sure about it ;)

janneppi
9th March 2007, 14:06
I heard a rumour that Capello wasn't even confirmed as head coach at the Barca game, is there any truth in that?

stevie_gerrard
9th March 2007, 21:21
Another great draw, the english clubs were lucky to get away with it, but Liverpool-Chelsea yet again in the semis?? I may have heart failure :p :

fandango
10th March 2007, 20:13
An hour to go to Barça-Madrid. The old rivals will fight it out for honour, but it seems to hold less interest around the world than other times. I reckon Ronaldinho's last, definitely Cappello's and maybe even Rijkaard's....

donKey jote
10th March 2007, 22:03
Great match so far 2-2 at half time and barca refinding their magic...
then donkey oleguer gets himself sent off just before half time :s

donKey jote
10th March 2007, 23:02
Gggooooaaaaalllllllll Meeesssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D :D :D :D :D

3-3

Great game, shame the donkey oleguer spoiled an even better one

DonJippo
10th March 2007, 23:16
Gggooooaaaaalllllllll Meeesssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D :D

:up: that felt so good :D :D

RusH
11th March 2007, 03:33
Barca and RM....that must have been the best draw I`ve seen in ages!!!!!!!!

MESSI!!! \m/

Storm
11th March 2007, 06:45
**** it...I thought el clasico was tonight and I slept last night when I saw it was the FA cup on the telly.

All the same good one Messi ! :up:

pino
11th March 2007, 08:11
Barca had luck, Real deserved to win :p : but what a great match it was :up:

Bezza
11th March 2007, 15:51
Decent match but nowhere near as good as todays match:

Chelsea 3 Tottenham 3

You just can't beat the FA Cup! I don't like Chelsea but you've got to admire their spirit. Tottenham shouldn't have taken Berbatov off, but even then they could have won it near the end if Defoe didn't hit the crossbar.

Also, I must say I have barely watched a single minute of Champions League for ages. I watched about 10 minutes of switching between matches Barca v Liverpool and Chelsea v Porto but got bored and went to the gym. I can't stand all the play-acting and lack of tackling being allowed - its too stop-start. :down: Give me Premiership or FA Cup any day!!

SEATFreak
11th March 2007, 16:10

Agreed. Eight points separate 6th from 1st. Yet it is Sunderland and Wolves whose form seems to have kicked into gear at the right moment. Wolves got a great win against WBA today 1-0 and Sunderland are unbeaten in 2007. Playing 11, Winning 9 and drawing 2.

I don't think Derby and Birmingham's form is as strong as their position dictates. After all we did well against both. West Brom slipped up againts Wolves for what must be a very rare time and both Preston and Cardiff who were quite strong early on are both low down.

Bezza
11th March 2007, 18:23
Peaked too soon, SEATFreak, I'm sure your aware of that phrase. Preston's peak, hopefully, starts on Tuesday night. We have a good run-in, all winnable and then Birmingham at home in the final match. We win all of them I say we go up automatically. By the way, Sunderland are the worst team I've seen at Deepdale this season apart from Leeds! Keane has done a good job to turn them round but I'd fancy our chances in the playoffs against them.

Bezza
11th March 2007, 18:23
Oh yeah, your not unbeaten in 2007 because we beat you in January!!

Iain
11th March 2007, 23:30
Will a central defender ever score a better goal than this? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILs1Sw_OGRM

tony_yeboah
11th March 2007, 23:39
Will a central defender ever score a better goal than this? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILs1Sw_OGRM

awesome goal. only ian harte has scored better goals

tony_yeboah
11th March 2007, 23:40
if blackburn make it through to the final, then i'm off!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON BLACKBURN, MAKE MY YEAR!!!

stevie_gerrard
11th March 2007, 23:53
Wolves 1-0 West Brom :D YYYEEHHHH!!! Mick McCarthy, the new Merlin the Magician! I tell you i dont care anymore, if we dont go up, it wont matter cause weve beat the baggies for the first time in 5 years :D Absolutely outstanding, 4th in the table, and a real decent shout for promotion, never thought id be saying that at the start of the season!!!

FA Cup awesome as well :up: so gutted that spurs and boro couldnt knock the big two out, Chuffed for Blackburn and Watford though, could definately see Blackburn in the final!!

For all rangers fans: 1 goal doesnt make up for a whole season :p : face it, the titles going to celtic soon enough. You could always try for the UEFA Cup though :p :

Iain
12th March 2007, 00:08
For all rangers fans: 1 goal doesnt make up for a whole season :p : face it, the titles going to celtic soon enough. You could always try for the UEFA Cup though :p :

It does make up for a whole season when they can grind out results like that. If only the new management team had been in place since last summer, then it might be a different story.

Who cares about the title. Celtic's had their name on it for months, you're a bit late with that statement.

Ian McC
12th March 2007, 00:18
Chelsea 3 Tottenham 3

Watching Spurs gives me grey hairs! :D

Still at least we are coming good at the right time in the season.

A Scotsman
12th March 2007, 00:53
Watching any football gives me grey hairs...... :rolleyes:

viper_man
12th March 2007, 03:28
I would love to know the odds for a Liverpool v AC Milan final again.

Personally I can see us going all the way again, especially after how well we played against Barca.

Storm
12th March 2007, 06:13
I watched 2 really good matches last evening...
first up the FA cup Chelsea v Spurs....have to say great comeback by the blues , really exciting stuff and if only Defoe's late shot had gone in !

Later on I switched to the Milan derby and expected a dull but heated thing but that too was a really good one! Inter won it 2-1 having been a goal down....Julio Cruz actually scored off his first touch after coming on for Crespo and guess who scored for Milan..el gordo :s

oily oaf
12th March 2007, 07:29
That naughty boy Jose is in trouble this morning after it was revealed that he called referee Mike Riley a "filho da puta" (fatbum) after the Chelsea/Spurs clash yesterday.

"I say it all the time" protested the Portugeezer "Sometimes I even say it to the ball if it hits the post. It's no big deal in Portugal"

I'll take your word for it Jose but that doesn't explain why I was knocked sparko by a hairdresser in Lisbon when I called him that after he cut a bit too much off the top :(

SEATFreak
12th March 2007, 17:44
Peaked too soon, SEATFreak, I'm sure your aware of that phrase. Preston's peak, hopefully, starts on Tuesday night. We have a good run-in, all winnable and then Birmingham at home in the final match. We win all of them I say we go up automatically. By the way, Sunderland are the worst team I've seen at Deepdale this season apart from Leeds! Keane has done a good job to turn them round but I'd fancy our chances in the playoffs against them.

Here we go again! :)

But we have an equally good run in aside from Cardiff (A), Wolves (H) and Southampton (A) too which may turn out to be scrappy affairs. And with a 4-point advantage over you we would have to loose to our next two (Stoke and Hull) and for you to win your next two in order for you to overtake us. I just don't see us dropping three points by the shed load between now and the end.

Fancy a game of Trumps? The Sunderland Vs Preston version? I am deadly serious mate. I am sure you know the rules but basically your fact, result, etc., has to better mine. Up for it?

Oh yeah, your not unbeaten in 2007 because we beat you in January!!

I think you will find we ARE unbeaten Bezza. Btw, I thought we played you at our place on Dec 30? Strictly that ain't 2007.

Brown, Jon Brow
12th March 2007, 18:01
That naughty boy Jose is in trouble this morning after it was revealed that he called referee Mike Riley a "filho da puta" (fatbum) after the Chelsea/Spurs clash yesterday.

"I say it all the time" protested the Portugeezer "Sometimes I even say it to the ball if it hits the post. It's no big deal in Portugal"

I'll take your word for it Jose but that doesn't explain why I was knocked sparko by a hairdresser in Lisbon when I called him that after he cut a bit too much off the top :(

Jose is a Tommy Tanker

Brown, Jon Brow
13th March 2007, 20:24
Who is watching Man Utd v Europe.

2-0 to Manu after 10mins

tony_yeboah
13th March 2007, 20:47
jus started watchin on the bbc website. ronaldo is simply awesome

Brown, Jon Brow
13th March 2007, 22:06
Final score ManUtd 4-3 Europe

Cracking goal from Ronaldo :D

tony_yeboah
13th March 2007, 22:07
i liked the penalty at the end

Ian McC
14th March 2007, 23:07
Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 2 Braga :beer:

Berbatov is a genius, really think the boys can go all the way in the cup :D

stevie_gerrard
15th March 2007, 20:06
welll, i said it first :p :

Was awesome from Spurs, the Toon tonight, and they are getting beat 1-0 at the mo.

Man Utd game was brilliant first half, Ronaldos free kick was possibly the best free kick ive seen for a long time :up:

Whereas in the Championship, all of the big teams failed to win as ever :p : it really is going down to the final day..... :eek:

tony_yeboah
15th March 2007, 20:38
The Sevilla Goalkeeper Has Just Scored!!!!!!!!!! Amazing

CarlMetro
15th March 2007, 22:33
the Toon tonight, and they are getting beat 1-0 at the mo.

Make that 2-0 and out on away goals...........

Oops!

stevie_gerrard
16th March 2007, 20:19
Spurs v Sevilla for the quarter finals :up: entertaining for the neutral, but i bet spurs are a bit gutted they got the tougher side of the draw :p :

Ian McC
17th March 2007, 17:04
Spurs 3 Watford 1

Got to watch the boys on TV tonight, even if it is only to see Paul Robinson score! :D

stevie_gerrard
17th March 2007, 23:30
Who needs Wayne Rooney eh? :laugh:

Maybe England do have some hope next week :p :

SEATFreak
18th March 2007, 08:53
Just seen the Blackburn Vs West Ham United game on the MotD Sunday repeat and all I can say is if that does't justfy goal-line technology then nothing will. (Meanwhile the FA has the nerve to decide whether to decide drawn games with penalty shootouts! At least I know what FA stands for. Which sums the running of the organisation up! It ends in "awful" and begins with something I cannot repeat!)

The images clearly showed Zamora's shot did NOT cross the line.

Alan Curbishley claimed they needed a bit of luck. Bottom or not, you shouldn't need luck to get out. Especially that kind. When we were at the bottom last season we never saw luck. And personally as much as I did crave a bit, I knew it would have been wrong to have it if it means getting goals that ought not to stand.

Bezza
18th March 2007, 19:02
SEATFreak, Sunderland were the worst team in the history of Premiership last season, I doubt a few lucky decisions would have changed much. Maybe you would have only lost 2-0 instead of 3-0 a couple of times!

Goal line technology needs to be brought in because the West Ham goal was a terrible decision. How can the linesman be sure?! He has got to be demoted for that.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th March 2007, 21:25
Just seen the Blackburn Vs West Ham United game on the MotD Sunday repeat and all I can say is if that does't justfy goal-line technology then nothing will.

Yes it does, even more so, becuase that game lost me £60 on an accumilator :mad:

Even if the ball went over the line, wasn't Tevez off-side :\

stevie_gerrard
18th March 2007, 22:14
oh give West Ham a break!! there going down anyway, they need to win a couple of games to have faith something could happen!! Before the inevitable happens :p :

pino
21st March 2007, 14:08
Some interesting euro 2008 matches are coming... Italy is preparing their match against Scotland on next wednesday, so I will watch the crucial match between Spain and Denmark ! :D

stevie_gerrard
22nd March 2007, 00:35
Indeed Pino, a lot of people have said that England have to win to save Mclarens job against Israel on Saturday. To be honest, it will be a massively difficult game, like the one vs Turkey to go through to Euro 2004, so dont expect any fireworks. Then Andorra on Wednesday, if we lose that, im officially going to become irish! :p :

oily oaf
24th March 2007, 12:26
Some interesting euro 2008 matches are coming... Italy is preparing their match against Scotland on next wednesday, so I will watch the crucial match between Spain and Denmark ! :D

The match that stands out for me is Greece v Turkey in Group C.
Should be a nice quiet friendly little game ;)

PS I'll be wearing my azzuri shirt on Wednesday and I might even have a nice bowl of Neopolitan ice cream if you win :s mokin:

pino
24th March 2007, 16:28
PS I'll be wearing my azzuri shirt on Wednesday and I might even have a nice bowl of Neopolitan ice cream if you win :s mokin:

Thanks, and if senior Italy plays half as good as the junior team played today in Wembley (3-3 vs England, btw it was a fantastic match played by both sides) :up: we will easily beat Scotland ! :D

harsha
24th March 2007, 19:01
Italy are the world champions,they are expected to beat Scotland easily :p :

right :cheese:

cricket sucks,football rules

Ian McC
24th March 2007, 20:30
:dozey:

That was fun :rolleyes:

BTCC2
24th March 2007, 20:33
Absolute sh!t

McLaren Out !!!!!!! McLaren Out !!!!!!! McLaren Out !!!!!!!

stevie_gerrard
25th March 2007, 02:14
How can England keep coming up with excuses, its simply just not good enough!! :mad: I dont expect anything from any england sports side anymore, cause its just not worth the effort.

I have to say, England did look better than they have been but its still not good enough when u cant take ur chances, especially Lampard. now u all know im a stevie G fan, and would pick him over lampard any day of the week, but surely lampards played enough games now to drop him, he simply hasnt performed for England in the last 18 months and wont ever again, until his position is put into perspective.

Personally, i thought the liverpool lads were the bright lights in a dull game, gerrard and carragher involved in the attacks, while lennon did well in the first half.

We seriously need Beckham back :p :

Scotland and NI both winning, my threat is still there, im gonna become an irishman if we lose wednesday :p : i really respect Lawrie Sanchez, one of the best international bosses around :up: and could very well take his side famously through to Euro 2008 ahead of any one of Sweden, Spain or Denmark!! :eek:

pino
25th March 2007, 08:03
Spain were very lucky to beat Denmark, they got a big help from the referee when he easily sent a dane off after 20 min. Until then Denmark played very well and had dominate Spain with class...

Congrats to Scotland :up: I am starting to feel that Italy might not make it to Euro 2008 :s

harsha
25th March 2007, 08:42
i think Mclaren played Lampard at the wrong position and playing Lamps and Gerrard together is a mistake

Ian McC
25th March 2007, 10:15
We seriously need Beckham back :p :

God no!

I am not a big fan of Owen Hargreaves, he is too defensive for my liking. I would of preferred to of seen Carrick on instead, would of given us more attacking options. I really don't get this thing of playing Lennon on the left, it's a waste. He only faded out of the game in the second half because they played the ball down the middle too much.

Bezza
25th March 2007, 14:50
England = pants.

Too many primadonna's in the team. Drop the big names and play players who want to do well, not just prance about thinking they own the place.

SEATFreak
25th March 2007, 17:03
This is why I really don't follow England as much as passionately as the naive sheep who follow only to end up being short-changed time after time.

It seems they are groomed by the press and media as the next world's best set of players before a game only to prove all that a load of media spin and put in gutless and spiritless performance after gutless and spiritless performance and show themselves as no marks who wouldn't be where they are without their hype and image.

And McLaren is the architect of the latest performance.

But who can take over people and is good enough? I find precious few.

Bezza
25th March 2007, 17:25
I'd drop Ferdinand, Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney just to show them that aren't actually all that great. Replace them with players who have something to prove. Then I'd drop Hargreaves because he's too defensive - we don't NEED defensive players, we lack goals - so we need attacking options.

I was contemplating giving Beckham a squad place for last 20 minute super-sub role but after his "career move" to the USA he doesn't deserve a place.

Then, we have no one up front who can head the ball. Its pathetic really. Johnson is too small (not his fault) and Rooney can't head the ball very well. Peter Crouch has the height but lacks ability, its embarrassing. We need an Alan Shearer.

I say forget David Nugent for now, lets put Danny Dichio or Michael Ricketts in the team. Dichio would have buried the Lampard header in the second half.

viper_man
25th March 2007, 18:17
Its time for Steve McClown to go methinks.

Playing against minnows like Israel, we should have scored more goals than you can count on one hand. Instead we finish with a dismal draw and we will be lucky to even qualify.

You can put some of the blame on the players but it is the managers job, as the manager, to manage the team into winning and scoring games like the one yesterday that we should be winning easily. There doesnt seem to be any motivation, any communication, any togetherness, or any desire.

Its time we went for a new manager, the question is who and when. As bad as it sounds the perfect scenario for me would be to lose to Andorra so McClown gets sacked, but still qualify. But thats probably wishful thinking.

As for the players, in all honesty on paper the 11 players that lined up yesterday are the cream of English talent at the minute, you can switch things round and try different tactics and bring on different subs, but with players of that immense value and quality not beating teams like Israel, something is wrong at the top, and something has to change.

oily oaf
26th March 2007, 17:07
I've got it!
Sack McClaren and give the job to a committee of football journalists.
They all seem to know exactly what's wrong with the stuttering England team and how to turn them once again into a world beating outfit.
Even that highly renowned tactical soccer genius Karen Brady the Chairwoman of Birmingham City has got it all sorted.
Shouldn't she be at home getting her old man's tea ready? :(
Yep just get a few of 'em round to Jimmy Hill's gaff on a Sunday and they can put us back on the road to glory before you can say perma-pi$$ed pillocks :s mokin:

If Scotland qualify and England fail to do so, do you think they will take the pi$$ out of us?

I doubt it personally ;)

SEATFreak
26th March 2007, 17:39
I say try out a tiny contingent of the best from the Championship with the few of the current crop who are able to make the grade in a friendly. What do we have to loose now?

OK, they may not have the quality or level of ability of the Premiership's superstars, and OK they may not be able to run rings round Brazil, but I think with the way the top Championship players seems to play with commitment, surely they would put in some kind of commendable performance against lowly nations like Andorra.

I bet if you game them a few games players like McSheffrey would begin to show some glimmer of promise.

It'll never happen anyway.

BTCC2
28th March 2007, 21:00
They're not fit to wear the shirt!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the worst 45 mins I have ever seen from an England team!!!!!!

Iain
28th March 2007, 22:36
From what I saw of it, England were very very poor. 3-0 doesn't disguise the performance really. David Nugent's goal was a bit cheeky, but good on him, he's a good striker.

Scotland lost 2-0 to Italy, but I'm happy with that. At least we won on Saturday against Georgia, so it didn't matter so much about taking anything back from Bari. :) Didn't really watch it as I knew it'd be a struggle, especially as we were playing so defensively with only one striker up front and a not very good one at that.

Best result of the night has to be Northern Ireland's 2-1 win over Sweden. Two brilliant goals from David Healy (who was supposedly being watched by Walter Smith of Rangers), never say die defending and backed by a fantastic crowd. Seemed like a good atmosphere in there tonight. Watched most of that game, only flicking over to see how Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland were getting on every 10 minutes or so.

Bezza
28th March 2007, 23:02
Gerrard two goals - fair play, however - I have lost all respect for him after his pathetic dive. He should be disciplined for that shambles.

Da da da da David Nugent! The only thing to cheer, even if it was cheeky! Defoe was laughing, so all in good spirit.

England need to improve though. Hargreaves was AWFUL. Why do we need a defensive midfielder against bloody Andorra? Get rid of him. He's had one good game (when everyone else was awful) and suddenly he's the key! What a load of bollocks!

Ian McC
28th March 2007, 23:12
England need to improve though. Hargreaves was AWFUL. Why do we need a defensive midfielder against bloody Andorra? Get rid of him. He's had one good game (when everyone else was awful) and suddenly he's the key! What a load of bollocks!

Christ on a bike I find myself agreeing with Bezza! :eek: I would prefer they play Carrick in that role.

If they are going to play Lennon then they need to work on using him a bit better.

Other than that I was disgusted by Andorra, straight from the start they tried to wind Rooney and Gerrard up, some nasty fouls with a couple of dangerous elbow incidents and some of the worst play acting I have ever seen. Why the hell we tolerate that kind of play is beyond me.

stevie_gerrard
29th March 2007, 01:27
3-0 but just not good enough :( I know gerrard dived, but he was the best player on the pitch :up: dragged the team from the depths to pull them through it. good on David Nugent as well, may be the last time he plays for England, you gotta give the guy credit :p :

Northern Ireland are brilliant, i really hope they get through to Euro 2008, so i can cheer them on, they have been brilliant against the bigger sides, and deserve a chance at the big trophy.

jso1985
29th March 2007, 03:14
South Africa 0 Bolivia 1 :bounce: :D

I don't even remember the last time we won an away match!

pino
29th March 2007, 08:01
Italy are the world champions,they are expected to beat Scotland easily :p :

right :cheese:

They easily did that :p : Seriously it was a deserved win, Italy played a great match, and had many chances for score more goals. I am startting to like our new coach Donadoni, although I would love to see him always playing with 2 strikers like Lippi did. After a bad start ( due too many celebrations ) Italy is now back at his level :up:

btw I really hope Toni will sign for Juve :D

BeansBeansBeans
29th March 2007, 10:03
Other than that I was disgusted by Andorra, straight from the start they tried to wind Rooney and Gerrard up, some nasty fouls with a couple of dangerous elbow incidents and some of the worst play acting I have ever seen. Why the hell we tolerate that kind of play is beyond me.

Sadly, Andorra approached the game in a rather cynical fashion.

I think that Rooney in particular deserves credit for keeping a cool head.

Not so long ago he would have risen to the abuse and got himself sent off.

jim mcglinchey
29th March 2007, 10:27
[ :p :

Northern Ireland are brilliant, i really hope they get through to Euro 2008, so i can cheer them on, they have been brilliant against the bigger sides, and deserve a chance at the big trophy.[/QUOTE]

You mean No'rn Ir'n. What a result, and that was on the back of a 4:1 trouncing of Andora last week where yer' mon Healey got a hat trick.

CarlMetro
29th March 2007, 17:50
Well I was just glad Steven Gerrard was playing last night, because apart from Aaron Lennon it didn't seem like the rest of the team wanted to be on the pitch at all.3-0 it may have been but against a part-time side who have conceeded 19 goals in 4 matches it should have been a lot more.

I agree that Andorra were shocking, but then what did we expect? It's like a Conference team playing the England team, Andorra are completely out of their depth and as such will resort to any means necessary and sadly the the refferee let them get away with it. But then again we should be greatful that it wasn't someone decent officiating because Ashley Cole and possibly Owen Hargreaves would have been sent off, Jermaine Defoe and Steven Gerrard would have been booked and we'd be up poo creek without a paddle.

It confused me why we didn't play 3-4-3 last night and why it took so long to bring Nugent on :confused: Even more confusing was what Owen Hargreaves is doing on the pitch when Michael Carrick is fit?

In some respects I hope England fail to qualify, maybe then we might get a decent manager.

viper_man
29th March 2007, 17:56
Well done Northern Ireland, healy is a goal machine.

Unlucky Scotland, but poor defending let you down.

Well done Wales and Ireland, hopefully still with all with a chance of getting through.

-----------

And so we move onto England.

Downing is the worst player to ever wear an England shirt, ever. His distribution was shocking. Lennon wasnt much better but at least he tried. Rooney and Johnson did the best they could but thanks to poor service they had to make chances for themselves. Richards did ok but the rest of the defence, Robinson and Hargreaves included, all had quiet games which isnt surprising as Andorra had only one, and that went wide.

Gerrard put in another inspiring performance (admittedly against 11 shop assistants) to try to rouse everyone into playing better. I personally would pick Gerrard over Lampard every time, and forget that they need to gel etc, they have had enough time. Either Lampard can sit on the bench or learn how to be a defensive midfielder, as Gerrards name should be the first on the team sheet.

But we were absolutely shocking in the first half, and most of the second.

Why did professional players who play in the very best leagues in the world and get pain millions allow themselves to get wound up by a bunch of nobodies?

Why did it take us 30 mins to take a shot?

Why for the first 15 mins were we passing around the ball and playing it square so as to keep it away from the deadliest of international strikers, Bob the Butcher of Andorra.

Why can McLaren NEVER come out and say 'yes ok we were ****'. He is the worst bull****ter I have ever known out of all the professional managers, and most of them are pretty bad.

The players are obviously lacking confidence and were nervous, but it is the managers job to motivate them, sort out the right tactics, and get them playing like they give a crap about those 3 lions on the shirt. I mean for Gods sake, it was bloody Andorra! I only wish I was there to fully appreciate the booing midway through the game.

The highlight of the night? A group of rightly disgruntled fans who had paid thousands to support their countrymen holding up a banner near the end of the first half saying 'Borat 4 Manager'. Too right I say.

oily oaf
29th March 2007, 18:06
A quick word of praise for the "fans" that booed, jeered and swore at the England boys before a ball was kicked last night.

It must have been a tremendous boost for the lads when they got an earful of that little lot.

With all due respect to these heroes, they are for the most part a bunch of pissed up toerags who wouldn't know a 4 4 2 from a threes up in a Norwegian knocking shop.

It's thanks to the likes of these mugs and the vitriolic assassins that make up the English football press corps that any manager worth his salt would rather stick pins in his eyeballs than take on the poison chalice that is the England managers job.

Precisely the reason why we've got a bloke like McClaren instead of a high achieving respected figure like Big Phil Scholari.

Be honest. Would you fancy it?

stevie_gerrard
29th March 2007, 20:51
Viper Man, i totally agree with you mate, the shocking distribution cost us a lot, and will continue to cost us until we find a midfielder who can actually put a decent cross.

Hmm i wonder who is actually good at putting a ball in, from a set piece or open play?? I'll give you a clue, hes english and his initials are DB ;) :p :

Ian McC
29th March 2007, 20:56
hes english and his initials are DB ;) :p :

:s hock:

Dave Brockman!

Now that's a surprise, didn't see that one coming. Old Dave has hidden talents it appears :D

stevie_gerrard
29th March 2007, 21:01
:s hock:

Dave Brockman!

Now that's a surprise, didn't see that one coming. Old Dave has hidden talents it appears :D

Tell me about it, you should see him with a football at his feet, shows his unique skills. ;)

BTCC2
29th March 2007, 21:08
South Africa 0 Bolivia 1 :bounce: :D

Well done.

Always nice to see the smaller teams win a game.

Bezza
31st March 2007, 12:28
Viper Man, i totally agree with you mate, the shocking distribution cost us a lot, and will continue to cost us until we find a midfielder who can actually put a decent cross.

Hmm i wonder who is actually good at putting a ball in, from a set piece or open play?? I'll give you a clue, hes english and his initials are DB ;) :p :

He is NOT the answer. We need to move on not go back to the past. Beckham didn't have a good game for England since he scored that freekick. And he's off to "further his career" in LA, he doesn't deserve to be called up - putting his image before his football.

tony_yeboah
31st March 2007, 13:46
i would just like everyone to know that Valencia will win the champions league.

David Villa - Best striker in Europe

viper_man
31st March 2007, 17:27
Awesome game today between us and the Arse. Liverpool were far better, Crouch and Aurelio in particular were superb, as was Stevie G as per usual. Great game all round.

I see Leeds are back on the up tony, Champions League next year

pino
31st March 2007, 17:29

You are kidding...aren't you ? :s

tony_yeboah
31st March 2007, 18:38
I see Leeds are back on the up tony, Champions League next year

too right, it was a great game last night, if we carry on like that then we'll be safe. 7 out of 9 in the last 3 games :)

tony_yeboah
31st March 2007, 18:42
You are kidding...aren't you ? :s

deadly serious

stevie_gerrard
31st March 2007, 21:13
Will be a difficult task with Chelsea up first, they are no mugs, despite a quite average performance today against Watford.

Elsewhere, the battle at the bottom of the premiership gets interesting! wins for West Ham :D , Charlton and Man City, with defeats for Watford, Wigan and Sheff Utd. I think we could see a tight finish this season :up:

As for Wolves:

Wolves 0-6 Southampton :( Such a shame, we really seem to have gone off the boil since the victory over West Brom.

Leeds :up: Awesome last night, and Healy finally managed to take his international form into club form. :p : I hope he can keep it up, while he has the chance to play for Leeds anyway.

tony_yeboah
31st March 2007, 22:20
Leeds :up: Awesome last night

2007 Quote of the Year. :)

jso1985
2nd April 2007, 01:15

seconded :up: :D

Storm
2nd April 2007, 07:54
Barca back on top of the league...goals from Messi and Eto'o :)

donKey jote
3rd April 2007, 00:10
Storm I watched the match and Barca were back to their magic... great to watch up front :D :D :D
Unfortunately they fell asleep for 1 minute and were caught out badly behind :s

pino
3rd April 2007, 10:14
Today :

MILAN-BAYERN M.
PSV-LIVERPOOL

Tomorrow :

CHELSEA-VALENCIA
ROMA-MANCHESTER U.

Your prediction Guys ?

CarlMetro
3rd April 2007, 10:56
MILAN 2-0 BAYERN M.
PSV 1-1 LIVERPOOL

Tomorrow :

CHELSEA 0-0 VALENCIA
ROMA 2-1 MANCHESTER U.

;)

Josti
3rd April 2007, 11:02
Today :

MILAN-BAYERN M.
PSV-LIVERPOOL

Tomorrow :

CHELSEA-VALENCIA
ROMA-MANCHESTER U.

Your prediction Guys ?

PSV will obviously struggle. No Alex, no Koné and probably no Affelay. However, I don't think PSV is completely chanceless. They will defenitly have to crowds support (including me :up :) . It's going to be either a close win or a big defeat.

pino
3rd April 2007, 12:43
My predictions :

MILAN BAYERN M. 2-1
PSV LIVERPOOL 0-1

Tomorrow :

CHELSEA VALENCIA 1-0
ROMA MANCHESTER U. 1-1

So everything will be decided next week ;)

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd April 2007, 12:46
Roma 0-2 Manchester United :D :D

stevie_gerrard
3rd April 2007, 13:08
Milan 2-2 Bayern Munich :up: the game to watch this round.

PSV 0-2 Liverpool

Tomorrow:

Chelsea 2-1 Valencia

Roma 1-2 Manchester United

Storm
3rd April 2007, 13:49
Tonight:

Milan 1-1 Bayern Munich

PSV 0-2 Liverpool

Tomorrow:

Chelsea 1-1 Valencia

Roma 0-1 Manchester United

viper_man
3rd April 2007, 14:19
Woohoo Champions League time again!

Tonight:

Milan 3-1 Bayern Munich

PSV 0-2 Liverpool

Tomorrow:

Chelsea 0-0 Valencia

Roma 1-0 Manchester United

stevie_gerrard
4th April 2007, 12:31
Well i was pretty close :p : won £16 last night in my uni pool for predicting a 2-2 draw for AC and Bayern :D

Liverpool just overpowered PSV, its a shame PSV got the injuries when they did, it might have been a good game if PSV were at full strength.

BeansBeansBeans
4th April 2007, 12:37
Liverpool just overpowered PSV, its a shame PSV got the injuries when they did, it might have been a good game if PSV were at full strength.

Aye, their defence is pretty poor without Alex. Not that I care. European Cup number 6, here we come. Obviously, it's a sheer fluke that we are consistently successful in Europe.

CarlMetro
4th April 2007, 14:12
I watched the highlights of both games and thought they were both good for the neutral :up: Liverpool showed true class against PSV, even if they were under strength through injuries. Milan seemed to struggle, especially in the second half. The penalty was a very poor decision but I was glad to see Bayern equalise in injury time because they deserved it because of their play in the 2nd half.

Of course the really important European match is on Thursday this week ;)

CarlMetro
4th April 2007, 14:25
Still on the topic of footie.........

I was glancing through the Spanish football results yesterday and I was a little amazed at just how many bookings and sendings off there were. Either the Spanish refs are extremely strict or the players are perhaps a little too keen perhaps? Either way it must be quite frustrating for the fans to watch such stop-start games.

Take a look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/spain_results/default.stm to see what I mean :\

BeansBeansBeans
4th April 2007, 14:31
Still on the topic of footie.........

I was glancing through the Spanish football results yesterday and I was a little amazed at just how many bookings and sendings off there were. Either the Spanish refs are extremely strict or the players are perhaps a little too keen perhaps? Either way it must be quite frustrating for the fans to watch such stop-start games.

Take a look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/spain_results/default.stm to see what I mean :\

Interestingly, ex Spurs Star Vinny Samways once had the worst disciplinary record in Spain whilst playing for Las Palmas. He earned the nickname 'Los Locos'.

tony_yeboah
4th April 2007, 23:01

does anyone believe me yet?

Brown, Jon Brow
4th April 2007, 23:05
Why do Italian players clap when an opposing player gets sent-off?? :mad: Has any sportsmanship stayed in continental footaball? Maybe Pino knows thre answer!

Drew
4th April 2007, 23:34
Why do Italian players clap when an opposing player gets sent-off?? :mad: Has any sportsmanship stayed in continental footaball? Maybe Pino knows thre answer!

Because they agree with the decision of the ref?

Outside of the game, who should you trust, Alex Ferguson or the authorities? A no brainer, it seems

Storm
5th April 2007, 08:10
I got most results right!!! if not the actual scores but Roma beating Man U...well is there a way to actually kick both out of the tournament ? :)

BeansBeansBeans
5th April 2007, 08:43
does anyone believe me yet?

I agree with you about David Villa.

Hopefully he'll be heading Merseyside-wards in the summer.

Brown, Jon Brow
5th April 2007, 10:34
Because they agree with the decision of the ref?

Outside of the game, who should you trust, Alex Ferguson or the authorities? A no brainer, it seems

Scholes tackles were not malicious. It ruins the game when a player gets sent-off. It just annoys me when players try to get each other a red card. You wouldn't see a racing driver clapping when their rival's engine gives up.

BeansBeansBeans
5th April 2007, 11:58
A tackle doesn't need to be malicious to deserve a booking. Scholes deserved to go last night, especially as he had already been warned for two late tackles before his foul on Wilhelmsson.

Having said that, it's fair to say that the referee gave Man United nothing all night.

Storm
5th April 2007, 12:58
Scholes tackles were not malicious.
Maybe not...but they were fouls neverthless and deserved yellows didnt they?

You wouldn't see a racing driver clapping when their rival's engine gives up.
But you bet he has a big grin under his helmet!

stevie_gerrard
5th April 2007, 23:04
Was quite a sensational night last night, Scholes was a bit silly in my opinion, and Man Utd did well i think to get the away goal. Chelsea may have their work cut out against Valencia, they are the likely british side to go out at this stage if anyone.

Sevilla 2-1 Spurs: Im absolutely outraged about that penalty :mad: have you ever seen a cleaner tackle by a keeper?? so obviously not a penalty. But im glad Spurs have still got a chance to go through, i just wonder how much that goal could cost them.

Finally, crowd violence :down: ruining the game of football, after incidents in the games at Roma last night and Sevilla tonight. It seems the headlines are about everything off the pitch rather than on it. Something needs to be done to stop this from getting out of control, the scenes we've seen over the past nights could be replicated all over the world at this rate unless UEFA, FIFA and the government sort it out!

Ian McC
6th April 2007, 09:22
Finally, crowd violence :down: ruining the game of football, after incidents in the games at Roma last night and Sevilla tonight. It seems the headlines are about everything off the pitch rather than on it. Something needs to be done to stop this from getting out of control, the scenes we've seen over the past nights could be replicated all over the world at this rate unless UEFA, FIFA and the government sort it out!

I don't get it, yes the police are heavy handed and it's wrong but what's the point of attacking back? Pointless! :rolleyes:

CarlMetro
6th April 2007, 12:45
I was ashamed at the scenes from last night, even more so for the TV cameras for showing and glamourising it. Just a few mindless thugs who seem hell bent on trying to restore England's football hooligan reputation in Europe. Well done lads, no doubt you'll all be proud when UEFA announce a ban on English football fans abroad.

I'll grant the fact that, in Roma especially, the response from the police seems to have been extreme to say the least, with the police stationing themselves inside the England fans side of the barrier, but I doubt if they attacked without any provocation.

As for the actual football last night? Gutted! I just don't understand how that could be a penalty yet no booking for the foul. My understanding of the rules is if a goalkeeper is deemed to take out an attacking player inside the penalty area denying them a goal-scoring opportunity then the goalkeeper should be sent off. Yet Robinson was only booked for giving verbal to the ref :confused:

The crappy decision then lead to their second goal, with the normally unflappable Dawson under pressure from both Sevilla and the ref. Spurs played much better after the break and I would rather see it coming to 'The Lane' at 2-1 than 1-0.

Come On You Spurs!!

SEATFreak
6th April 2007, 13:32
I saw on SKYSports News this morning as I was munching on my cereal a fan (who may well have been a Spurs fan), who was being interviewed, condone almost the Spurs fans.

I agree that the Police don't escape innocent for their heavyhanded tactics and if what the man said about the police hitting a man in a wheelchair is true then that rubberstamps their innexcusable behaviour. But the reason that he gave for the riot that it was largely due to the penalty decision by the ref is possibly the weakest motive I have heard.

There is no reason for a riot and Spurs fans should also shoulder a measure of guilt.

viper_man
7th April 2007, 02:58
Firstly, well done the 'Pool, looks like we'll be champions of Europe again! Absolutely blistering performance, Gerrard has hit his best form of the season just at the right time. Weve just got to transfer all of that to the league next season and who knows.

As for the hooliganism, absolutely disgusting. I wrote my dissertation on hooliganism and its been well documented that the Spanish and Italian 'Ultras' are the worst of them all. Obviously a lot of provocation by the Italians and the Police in the Roma game, completely over reacting and wading in all batons blazing handing out indiscrimate beatings to anyone in a Man U shirt.

Obviously the Italian police at games think they have something to prove after the troubles in the past few years, but it was way way way over the top and something needs to be done, not just about that night, but again about the problems in Italian grounds. It was even reported this week in many areas of the Italian press that their own police were at fault.

As for the Tottenham game, as much as it hurts me to say it, it did seem as though they were at fault and have to shoulder at least some of the blame. Although again the reaction of the police was again at some points very heavy handed.

But the reaction of UEFA will be the typical one that arises whenever English fans are involved with something like this, we will be threatened with the most severe punishment going, whilst the other nations involved will get sod all.

Bezza
7th April 2007, 14:34
The violence during the Roma v United match was absurd. It was quite clear that the Roma fans were the instigators and yet the police just go and attack the United fans, not a single police man on the Roma side of the fencing to stop them throwing stuff. Obviously, United fans threw stuff back, in retaliation, but personally if I was being thrown stuff and then being beaten up by police whilst the opposing fans are getting away scot-free, then I'd be more than miffed.

It was absolutely disgraceful the way those police acted, and I think they only served to incite the violence even more, with their ludicrously one-sided attack.

Watch now as United will get a huge fine and Roma will be just given a slap on the wrist.

All Italian teams should have been chucked out on the Champions League a long time ago now. Consistent crowd trouble and match-fixing rife. None of them deserve to have the chance to win anything in Europe.

Even if someone says United fans are violent, why would they be when there is barely any crowd trouble thesedays when United play, say, Liverpool? There is a clear problem in Italy, and the common denominator is the Italians, not anyone else. They need to take a long hard look at themselves.

BDunnell
7th April 2007, 15:41
The violence during the Roma v United match was absurd. It was quite clear that the Roma fans were the instigators and yet the police just go and attack the United fans, not a single police man on the Roma side of the fencing to stop them throwing stuff. Obviously, United fans threw stuff back, in retaliation, but personally if I was being thrown stuff and then being beaten up by police whilst the opposing fans are getting away scot-free, then I'd be more than miffed.

It was absolutely disgraceful the way those police acted, and I think they only served to incite the violence even more, with their ludicrously one-sided attack.

Watch now as United will get a huge fine and Roma will be just given a slap on the wrist.

All Italian teams should have been chucked out on the Champions League a long time ago now. Consistent crowd trouble and match-fixing rife. None of them deserve to have the chance to win anything in Europe.

Even if someone says United fans are violent, why would they be when there is barely any crowd trouble thesedays when United play, say, Liverpool? There is a clear problem in Italy, and the common denominator is the Italians, not anyone else. They need to take a long hard look at themselves.

It's not just the Italians of whom this is true — the same goes for Turkish clubs in particular, and problems in Spain, Belgium and a few other places are worrying as well.

And it's not just the clubs that are to blame, but the powers-that-be in those countries, including governments, the football authorities and police forces. Britain has, quite rightly, come to take this difficult issue very seriously after having been too slow to act and then too weak when we really did have problems. These haven't gone away entirely, but, Bezza, you are quite right to point at how crowd trouble at English grounds is all but a thing of the past now, and to contrast that (and indeed the generally excellent way in which the German police and other authorities handled last year's World Cup) with what goes on in Italy.

I think it's likely that corruption and certain local 'vested interests' are to blame, at least in part, for the the relevant Italian authorities having not acted strongly enough to curb hooliganism. However, as I'm sure many people here are aware, the Ultra groups in Italy are rather different to the groups of hooligans found in a lot of other European countries over the years, being as they are organisations divided along political and social as well as club lines. Neither are they purely groups of hooligans, it must be said.

What can be done, though? I doubt that excluding Italian clubs from European competitions would be the sole answer, as it didn't end hooliganism in the UK after Heysel, and it would do nothing to tackle the problem as experienced in Italy's domestic competitions. Clearly, the Italian authorities need to seize the initiative, but will there ever be the will (or the courage) to do so?

BTCC2
7th April 2007, 20:42
Just got back from the Sheffield United V Newcastle match.

2-1 to Newcastle, Europe is still acheivable!!!

SEATFreak
8th April 2007, 08:31
Whilst in the Championship, of those in the overall promotion race, all but Sunderland and Southampton slipped up on their backsides.

Automatic hopeful's Birmingham and play-off hopefulls Preston, West Brom, Cardiff and Wolves. Birmingham losing 2-0 to Burnley, West Brom losing 3-1 at home to Stoke, Cardiff 2-1 at home to Sheffield Wednesday, Bezza's Preston losing (again!) 3-0 away to Crystal Palace (another defeat that seems to have silenced Bezza) and of course Woles going down bravely 2-1 to Sunderland. Wallace and Murphy scoring in front of what must be the biggest crowd of the season - 40,748.

The only other winners Southampton winning 2-0 away to Luton.

It is true what they say. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. And long may it continue.

Also Congrats to Dagenham & Redbridge on getting promotion into the League for the first time in their history.

Funks
8th April 2007, 09:06
I don't know if I can bring myself to believe that there may be a glimmer of a chance of survival for us Hammers but, whatever happens, it's a delight for us that we were the last away team to win at Highbury and now we are the first away team to win at the Emirates in Premier League competition.

My thanks to the Arsenal players for not being able to hit the proverbial barn door. Even bigger thanks to Robert Green for a world class performance. :up:

BDunnell
8th April 2007, 10:49
I was ashamed at the scenes from last night, even more so for the TV cameras for showing and glamourising it.

You cannot expect TV to ignore that sort of thing. It is, after all, a news story in itself. I should think that the main reaction provoked by the footage of those scenes has been disgust, rather than 'That looks cool, let's go and start a riot ourselves'.

SEATFreak
8th April 2007, 11:13
If McLaren doesn't pick Robert Green this time Funks then their is truly something wrong with the selection. I admit playing for Norwich ain't the best team in the Championship to be in to try for the rare accolade of an England regular whilst playing in the Championship but I hope things change soon.

Mind, this can be said of Brixton born Nyron Nosworthy...or Nosildinho as my mate beside me at the SoL calls him, too!!! :) He has really been exceptional for us in the centre of defence in as much as he clears it away first time every time.

BDunnell
8th April 2007, 12:30
If McLaren doesn't pick Robert Green this time Funks then their is truly something wrong with the selection. I admit playing for Norwich ain't the best team in the Championship to be in to try for the rare accolade of an England regular whilst playing in the Championship but I hope things change soon.

Sadly for me and my fellow Canaries supporters, Robert Green no longer plays for Norwich. He is now with West Ham, as I thought Funks' post made clear...

CarlMetro
8th April 2007, 13:55
If McLaren doesn't pick Robert Green this time Funks then their is truly something wrong with the selection.

One good game does not make him a great player.

Bezza
8th April 2007, 15:12
Whilst in the Championship, of those in the overall promotion race, all but Sunderland and Southampton slipped up on their backsides.

Automatic hopeful's Birmingham and play-off hopefulls Preston, West Brom, Cardiff and Wolves. Birmingham losing 2-0 to Burnley, West Brom losing 3-1 at home to Stoke, Cardiff 2-1 at home to Sheffield Wednesday, Bezza's Preston losing (again!) 3-0 away to Crystal Palace (another defeat that seems to have silenced Bezza) and of course Woles going down bravely 2-1 to Sunderland. Wallace and Murphy scoring in front of what must be the biggest crowd of the season - 40,748.

The only other winners Southampton winning 2-0 away to Luton.

It is true what they say. Anyone can beat anyone in this league. And long may it continue.

Also Congrats to Dagenham & Redbridge on getting promotion into the League for the first time in their history.

Yeah thanks for that. Sunderland need to go up automatic because your as bad as us in the Play-Offs, and we've beaten you three times this season...so be careful. We can't win away from home, thats our problem. Last five away games - defeat. Last four home games - win. Its silly! If we win all our remaining home games we'll finish in the play-offs, again, but I have no confidence as our midfield is AWFUL. The only decent piece of it - McKenna - is injured, so we are royally stuffed.

SEATFreak
8th April 2007, 16:03
Sadly for me and my fellow Canaries supporters, Robert Green no longer plays for Norwich. He is now with West Ham, as I thought Funks' post made clear...

And Funks did indeed make that widely known point clear.....but because it is so known people should have taken as read, without me having to specify, was that now he was this time with a big Premiership club in West Ham United, and not a Championship club where frankly chances of being selected are even less than they are among the bigger clubs, I had hoped his chances of becoming an England regular would improve.

Despite being in the same sentence as my reference to Mr Green having been at Norwich as a Championship club where the changes of England selection is not that much greater than they are among the bigger teams, the comment "I hope things change soon" did not still link him to Norwich City.

Iain
8th April 2007, 18:11
Couldn't you just have said "I am surprised that Robert Green isn't in the England squad now he is playing for a Premier League side, as he was selected when he was in the Championship with Norwich"?

BeansBeansBeans
8th April 2007, 18:31
Couldn't you just have said "I am surprised that Robert Green isn't in the England squad now he is playing for a Premier League side, as he was selected when he was in the Championship with Norwich"?

That would have been too easy.

Though I think the honest thing to say would have been - "Silly me. I forgot he'd moved to West Ham."

Bezza
8th April 2007, 18:48
It took me at least three attempts to understand SEATFreak's post but I still can't decipher it. I agree with Metro, one good game does not make a great player.

David James has been the best English goalkeeper this season, I think he deserves another chance for England. They always say your never too young, then surely the reverse applies - your never too old!

SEATFreak
8th April 2007, 19:37
Yeah thanks for that. Sunderland need to go up automatic because your as bad as us in the Play-Offs, and we've beaten you three times this season...so be careful. We can't win away from home, thats our problem. Last five away games - defeat. Last four home games - win. Its silly! If we win all our remaining home games we'll finish in the play-offs, again, but I have no confidence as our midfield is AWFUL. The only decent piece of it - McKenna - is injured, so we are royally stuffed.

So, you beat us three times. As you would have made abundantly clear had the boot been on the other shoe (a saying illustrating what a scenario would be like reversed for those that cannot "decode") three wins against an opponent does not make a season. Beating us both times in the league and in the cup in 2006 and yet we were still able to go unbeated in 2007. Plus, Stern John is now in the team. A great talisman upfront for us thus far. Also we are playing better.

BDunnell
8th April 2007, 19:48
That would have been too easy.

Though I think the honest thing to say would have been - "Silly me. I forgot he'd moved to West Ham."

I would like to apologise for, in part, causing the post in question... ;)

Funks
8th April 2007, 20:10
Green shouldn't have made an England squad anyway - it was just that England were desperate for goalkeepers. Foster & Kirkland are well ahead of him.

Robinson still has a question mark against him though. The nightmare of the Croatia game could haunt him if England don't qualify!

http://www.freewebs.com/shamikdas/pictures/Robbo-divot.jpg

Bezza
8th April 2007, 23:21
So, you beat us three times. As you would have made abundantly clear had the boot been on the other shoe (a saying illustrating what a scenario would be like reversed for those that cannot "decode") three wins against an opponent does not make a season. Beating us both times in the league and in the cup in 2006 and yet we were still able to go unbeated in 2007. Plus, Stern John is now in the team. A great talisman upfront for us thus far. Also we are playing better.

Why didn't you just say "We are playing better" and leave it there?!

By the way, we beat you in January in the Cup, I think you'll find that is 2007.

And yes, I have not heard the saying "Boot on the other shoe" before - I don't understand. Your putting a boot on to another shoe - so you've got two shoes on one foot, and none on the other? :s

Boot is on the other FOOT is maybe what you meant...

BDunnell
8th April 2007, 23:26

By the way, we beat you in January in the Cup, I think you'll find that is 2007.

And yes, I have not heard the saying "Boot on the other shoe" before - I don't understand. Your putting a boot on to another shoe - so you've got two shoes on one foot, and none on the other? :s

EDIT — double post

BDunnell
8th April 2007, 23:27

I think I've worked it out. SEATFreak is Ron Atkinson. It's certainly a damn good impersonation.

By the way, I am currently trying to put a boot onto the other shoe, and it's bloody difficult, even without the other shoe being on a foot, as it were.

SEATFreak
9th April 2007, 08:23

I am dreadfully sorry if what I said isn't what you wanted me to say. Only I think I have more of a right to say what I want than you do.

How could I leave out anything that makes us much better since we played you lot last other than our form? Especially the arrival of Stern John and not forgetting Carlos Edwards since who have been massive boosts to us.

SEATFreak
9th April 2007, 12:02
I think I've worked it out. SEATFreak is Ron Atkinson. It's certainly a damn good impersonation.

You know that Marcel Desailly? I know's it's early doors but I still thinke he's a [bleep]! :laugh:

By the way, I am currently trying to put a boot onto the other shoe, and it's bloody difficult, even without the other shoe being on a foot, as it were.

I would try taking the shoe of first. Works for me! :rotflmao:

Seriously. I do know it seems like I loose the plot when it comes to the way things are put and get angry when people get angry at me when things aren't better understood which is born from frustration of not being able to do anything about what is a larger issue. But though it doesn't sound right to you it does genuinely appear that way to me. I would be very grateful if you would be a tad more patient. That would help heaps. :up:

Cheers.

Bezza
9th April 2007, 19:26
I honestly hope you don't talk like you type!

stevie_gerrard
9th April 2007, 21:36
Yay, cmon Wolves!! back to 5th, im thinking if Wolves beat Birmingham, then we will make the play offs! :)

SEATFreak
10th April 2007, 16:35
Yay, cmon Wolves!! back to 5th, im thinking if Wolves beat Birmingham, then we will make the play offs! :)

And I hope you do go up. For Super Mick McCarthy. He deserves another shot at the Premiership. I don't believe Barmy Bob (Murray) gave him anywhere near the support a Chairman ought to give his manager when he managed us. I am sure he gave him his patience and time (event then that ran out) but certainly little or no money. Jon Stead and Kelvin Davis are no players to play in the Premiership.

And of course for you Wolves fans. For me (not literally I hope you realise :p : ), you brought on Saturday the best away support I have seen and you never give up hope. Even when you were 3-0 down against Southampton you gave 100%.

Oh, and Bezza. Talk like I type? What? Honest, open and from the heart? Yeah. I can see how you would be threatened by that.

Bezza
10th April 2007, 19:30
No, with sentences that make sense.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th April 2007, 21:52
7-1 :eek:

BeansBeansBeans
10th April 2007, 22:00
A staggering performance by Manchester United. Ronaldo was utterly breathtaking. Chelsea through too. That means that providing Liverpool don't slip up tomorrow, we'll have 3 English teams in the last 4.

Brown, Jon Brow
10th April 2007, 22:14
Almost certainly an English side in the final again, and if Man Utd can repeat that performance again it will be an all Englsh final. I don't think that any team could live with tonights performance. The speed of Man U's play was incredible. That 2nd goal with about 6 one touch passes and a one touch finish :o Then Carricks two beautiful strikes. Ronaldo, best player in the world :?:

BDunnell
10th April 2007, 23:00
And before anyone says anything about the violence beforehand, (a) it was bound to happen whether or not footage of the trouble at the away leg was shown, given the fact that there was trouble at the away leg in the first place, and (b) the behaviour of English as opposed to Italian fans should be judged on what happens on the domestic scene, not at a high-pressure encounter following previous trouble.

tony_yeboah
11th April 2007, 00:24
i know leeds can still get out of trouble :)

Brown, Jon Brow
11th April 2007, 15:33
Lots of talk this afternoon on SkySports about which league is the best.

This is how I rank them

1)Premiership - top 4
2)La Liga - better in depth than Premiership
3)Serie A
4)Bundesliga
5)Ligue 1
6)Portuguese Liga
7)Eredivisie
8)Scottish Premier

viper_man
11th April 2007, 15:56
Manyoo were sensational. I just couldnt beleive my eyes. Ronaldo is easily the best player in the world at the minute, by some distance.

I felt sorry for Valencia, in particular Canizares. He pulled off one of the best saves Ive ever seen in my life and then let in a last minute goal that he really should have had. But hey, definately an English team in the final, possibly two! Just goes to show English football is far better than the rest, shame the national team cant do the same.

Not surprised by the violence, both sets of fans involved, although it did seem the Italians were the instigators, for a change.

And Leeds are ****ed.

stevie_gerrard
11th April 2007, 18:24
I do love the Champions League :D

Was a wonderful night of football, and more importantly, Alan Smith is back!! :up:

tony_yeboah
11th April 2007, 20:11
I felt sorry for Valencia

And Leeds are ****ed.

proper gutted, i was searching for flights to valencia for the semi final, as my bro would have been going again (he was at the mestalla last night too), so im gutted the lost, sod chelsea

and Leeds are ****ed.

we still have a great chance, 4 games, just needs barnsley or hull to slip up, which they will

jso1985
12th April 2007, 00:31
Lots of talk this afternoon on SkySports about which league is the best.

This is how I rank them

1)Premiership - top 4
2)La Liga - better in depth than Premiership
3)Serie A
4)Bundesliga
5)Ligue 1
6)Portuguese Liga
7)Eredivisie
8)Scottish Premier

is it only Europewide or worldwide, if it's the second I'll add: :)
8) Primera Division Argentina
9) Primera Division Mexicana
10) Brasileirao
11) Scottish Premier

Watched part of Bayer - Milan quite bad game IMO but Milan was already just waiting for the end the game.
quite impressed 3 english teams made it to the semis :eek:
I think Chelsea is gonna win it but I wish Liverpool could repeat their great performances

stevie_gerrard
12th April 2007, 18:56
Chelsea will play the mind games and lose again, you just cant beat pure quality like Gerrard and Carragher ;) :p :

pino
13th April 2007, 12:37
He's back in Hospital, don't give up Diego ! :up:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/6551895.stm

jso1985
14th April 2007, 00:39
I can't understand how a guy who fought so hard to beat his addiction to drugs becomes a boozer :s

Hope he gets well soon :up:

Robinho
14th April 2007, 17:31
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/6553927.stm

commented on this news in the touring car forum, but BTCC driver and long time Luton Town fan Dave Pinkney has become chairman of Luton Town.

ok, we are down this season, but a new manager and Chairman bodes well for a new start next year and i hope we can bounce back and straight back to the Championship. i don't think we've been bad this year, we lost a lot of quality players (sold/injured) but have only lost by the odd goal in most matches, in fact if we'd stayed in front in just the games we turned 2-1 leads into 3-2 losses this season we would have stayed up :rolleyes:

SEATFreak
15th April 2007, 08:53
commented on this news in the touring car forum, but BTCC driver and long time Luton Town fan Dave Pinkney has become chairman of Luton Town.

I thought it was just a co-incidence of two men sharing the same name! :)

ok, we are down this season, but a new manager and Chairman bodes well for a new start next year and i hope we can bounce back and straight back to the Championship. i don't think we've been bad this year, we lost a lot of quality players (sold/injured) but have only lost by the odd goal in most matches, in fact if we'd stayed in front in just the games we turned 2-1 leads into 3-2 losses this season we would have stayed up :rolleyes:

Sad to see LTFC go down. Sad to see any team in any league except for the Premiership get relegated. But the words "hoist" and "petard" come to mind. The worst thing the board did was sack Mike Newell.

One of the uglier sides of the business side to footie is the impatience fans and/or chairmen have for their managers. They want instant success from instant results. Why? Why the sudden urgency for success? However big the Premiership is, it cannot be what the Premiership offer alone. A big team takes time to build. Look at us at SAFC. Despite the new sponsorship deals, new boss and new chairman with his new consortium we are nowhere near the finished product.

Funks
15th April 2007, 17:34
Good to see that Charlton did the right thing and lost. :D
It's tighter than a ducks **** at the bottom of the premier league now.

tony_yeboah
15th April 2007, 18:59
Gutted!!!!!!!!!!! Why Couldnt Pederson Just Put That Header In!

Brown, Jon Brow
15th April 2007, 19:55
The premierships top2 teams will go head to head at the 1st FA cup final in the New Wembley. I can't wait. I want the CL final to be ManUtd V Liverpool now, Englands two most successful ever teams deserve it. :)

stevie_gerrard
15th April 2007, 23:53
fitting final at the new wembley on my birthday as well, so cant wait to watch! :)

Wolves got a 2-2 draw in the championship, remain in the play offs, but its mighty tight, much tighter than the bottom of the premiership. with WBA losing to sheff wed ( :D ) and southampton losing, stoke drawing, preston winning, it really is going down to the final game in my opinion to decide the places.

SEATFreak
16th April 2007, 09:38
Wolves got a 2-2 draw in the championship, remain in the play offs, but its mighty tight, much tighter than the bottom of the premiership. with WBA losing to sheff wed ( :D ) and southampton losing, stoke drawing, preston winning, it really is going down to the final game in my opinion to decide the places.

Great advert for the Championship ain't it?

Problem is no team below Sunderland, Derby and Birmingham seem to be showing enough form to be able to pull away. Derby and Birmingham may have slipped up recently but they surely won't drop points in their next game. It would be a dream for me because if Derby and/or Birmingham do slip up and we beat Colchester we are offically up. We must be. I overheard a fan after the QPR game say it. But I don't see it.

BeansBeansBeans
16th April 2007, 09:48
I want the CL final to be ManUtd V Liverpool now, Englands two most successful ever teams deserve it.

Wrong - The two teams who win the semi-finals deserve it.

pino
18th April 2007, 12:00
Poland and Ukraine to host that, Italy beated :s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6562527.stm

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2007, 12:03
Wrong - The two teams who win the semi-finals deserve it.

Chelsea don't deserve anything.

pino
18th April 2007, 13:41
Chelsea don't deserve anything.

Why ? :confused: I don't like them but if they are in the final is because they deserve it.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th April 2007, 14:58
Because I'm a bitter Man Utd supporter that doesn't like Chelsea because their success over the last few years is down to Rubles. If it wasn't for Roman Abramovich then Chelsea would still be loads of debt and may even be in a similar position to what Leeds are in now.

Not that I'm jealous or anything :o

jso1985
18th April 2007, 21:04
an Man Utd. success isn't also money powered??

I'm not much surprised Italy didn't get the 2012 Euro, the cheating and violence problems was surely the main reason.

stevie_gerrard
18th April 2007, 22:15
The champions league final will be brilliant, no matter what teams contest it. im personally hoping for a Man Utd Liverpool Final as well, but Chelsea are a different proposition these days.

Talking of the English Teams, all three have been in action this midweek, yet no change in the table, Still a 3 point gap at the top, Chelsea and Man Utd both comfortable in their wins, Liverpool winning thanks to Stevie G :p :

viper_man
19th April 2007, 01:54
an Man Utd. success isn't also money powered??

Correct. You cant really talk about money buying success if youre a Manyoo fan Jon Brown, your club has been doing it aswell. Admittedly not to the extent that Chelsea have, but they have been doing the same.

Im not happy with the way the league is going, with multibillionaire foreign owners coming in and buying our clubs as hobbies and just buying the best talent from all over the world. For starters it is destroying the development of young English players at the grass roots level, and its creating more of a gap between the Premiership and the rest of the leagues.

Im a Liverpool fan and of course its happening to my club too, Id rather it didnt but unfortunately if we want to compete at the highest level then we have to do the same.

As for tonights games, its as you were at the top thanks to the hero Stevie G, and its goodnight West Ham and Watford I reckon. Not surprised Oily Oaf hasnt posted on here for a while!

Well done Poland and Ukraine for getting the Euro championship, if it had gone to Italy I may just have given up on football.

Storm
19th April 2007, 07:35
Oily has been taking a loo-k in Portugal/Andalucia but I will also be sad along with him to see WHU go down.

In the CL, I am hoping Liverpool can really go on and win it.

Brown, Jon Brow
19th April 2007, 09:25
Correct. You cant really talk about money buying success if youre a Manyoo fan Jon Brown, your club has been doing it aswell. .

Incorrect. How many Manyoo players came through the youth system?

Neville
Brown
Giggs
Scholes
Fletcher
O'Shea

Add are treble winning players (although that was 8years ago)
Beckham
Butt
P.Neville
and many more that we have sold.

The youth team of the mid 1990's had supplied ManUtd with strong young players that have been the major driving force behind ManUtd's success. This success has given ManU the power and resources to buy even better players like Rooney, Ferdinanand & Ronaldo.

SEATFreak
19th April 2007, 13:45
Im not happy with the way the league is going, with multibillionaire foreign owners coming in and buying our clubs as hobbies and just buying the best talent from all over the world. For starters it is destroying the development of young English players at the grass roots level, and its creating more of a gap between the Premiership and the rest of the leagues.

Chelsea demonstrate what some people are angry about in the issue of money buying success. When it is used to take a massive financial shortcut. It is a massive financial leap ahead of other clubs. The more expensive signings in the team were not aquired over many years of good money management. They were bought with the money that came quickly when Roman Abramovich became owner.

But in the case of Man Utd their wealth has for a lot of years been chanelled in positive ways. Like the youth system which has produced the Neville brothers, Scholes, Butt and Beckham. And even youth players bought from outside like Roy Keane from Nottingham Forest. Though linked, Man Utd have actually yet to use their money to buy worldclass players like Shevchenko and Ballack.

Chelsea and Manchester United cannot be compared.

But I may not agree how money is pulling the Premiership away from the Championship with such pace. It is because I get the impression some in the Premiership don't want the Championship to prosper. Am I right in thinking the team bottom in the Premiership get more that the team first in the Championship?

Brown, Jon Brow
19th April 2007, 15:32
Chelsea demonstrate what some people are angry about in the issue of money buying success. When it is used to take a massive financial shortcut. It is a massive financial leap ahead of other clubs. The more expensive signings in the team were not aquired over many years of good money management. They were bought with the money that came quickly when Roman Abramovich became owner.

But in the case of Man Utd their wealth has for a lot of years been chanelled in positive ways. Like the youth system which has produced the Neville brothers, Scholes, Butt and Beckham. And even youth players bought from outside like Roy Keane from Nottingham Forest. Though linked, Man Utd have actually yet to use their money to buy worldclass players like Shevchenko and Ballack.

Chelsea and Manchester United cannot be compared.

But I may not agree how money is pulling the Premiership away from the Championship with such pace. It is because I get the impression some in the Premiership don't want the Championship to prosper. Am I right in thinking the team bottom in the Premiership get more that the team first in the Championship?

I agree with some of your post but I think that Roy Keane transfer was a british record at the time ;)

Most of Man Utds wealth has come from football and ManUtd are run like a business, Chelsea are just a club for Abramovich to play with. When he leaves they will be lost in debt.

SEATFreak
20th April 2007, 08:39
I agree with some of your post...

:champion: :beer:

Bezza
20th April 2007, 11:00
Poland and Ukraine to host that, Italy beated :s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6562527.stm

You can't seriously have expected Italy to be granted Euro 2012 after what has happened this season (and for a number of years).

-----------------

The race at the Championship is the most exciting in football at the moment. I think Sunderland will be fine, because PNE will beat Birmingham on the final day of the season, and Derby are in the process of bottling it as well. They play Leeds on the last day, which I can see them losing. Sunderland as champions, with Birmingham stumbling over in second.

I'd love to say PNE have a chance of the play-offs but we never win them! Beating Coventry 4-0 was a morale booster though! :D

SEATFreak
20th April 2007, 13:37
The race at the Championship is the most exciting in football at the moment.

To blooming right! Even the race for the play-off spot is shaping up to be very exciting. As the table stands I rekon that is how the top 6 have rated for me. And as it stands a Derby Vs Wolves and Preston Vs West Brom would be awesome. Guaranteed a non-foregone conclusion with both finalists having an equal chance of going up.

I think Sunderland will be fine, because PNE will beat Birmingham on the final day of the season, and Derby are in the process of bottling it as well. They play Leeds on the last day, which I can see them losing. Sunderland as champions, with Birmingham stumbling over in second.

I'd love to say PNE have a chance of the play-offs but we never win them! Beating Coventry 4-0 was a morale booster though! :D

Well, coming from someone who wasn't exactly brimming over with praise for SAFC in the beginning that is a very pleasing thing to see. And I hope, though DJ Campbell seems deadly against anyone, your team of battlers do us a massive favour. You are in for a better shout than Leicester the othe night. You deserve Premiership fotball more than Derby.
I disagree tho about Leeds beating Derby. LUFC have been playing well recently but Derby still look to have the edge.

stevie_gerrard
21st April 2007, 00:15
Well, Luton have been relegated from the championship tonight, Keeping derby in the automatic promotion hunt. Poor, Poor Luton :p :

SEATFreak
21st April 2007, 08:40
Worst part is it is a former loanee of ours who condemned Luton to relegation and simoultaneously, and more importantly, put Derby a point behind us. Lewin Nyatanga.

Mind they weren't really relegated. That had already happened the day Mike Newell left and was replaced by what must be one of the worst former, and recent, Leeds managers.

Who have Derby and Birmingham have left. Does anyone know?

pino
22nd April 2007, 08:02
Another great win (3-1 vs Cagliari) for Milan and a double score for Ronaldo who has now scored 7 times in 11 matches, wasn't he done with football...according to Real ? :p : Can't wait for the big match against Man United on tuesday :D

oily oaf
22nd April 2007, 08:38
West Ham are marching proudly to European qualification glory. FACT ;)

tony_yeboah
22nd April 2007, 20:52
did anyone see maradonas goal the other night? sorry i mean messi's goal?

stevie_gerrard
22nd April 2007, 21:37
yes i did, and although it was ultimately brilliant, nobody can match what Maradona did back then against the english, not even a young talent like messi or ronaldo for that fact.

Wolves 2-3 Birmingham :( typical wolves, throwing away a game they definately should have won. But all is not lost as long as we win our final 2 games, we will have the play off spot we were after. :)

SEATFreak
23rd April 2007, 13:15
Wolves 2-3 Birmingham :( typical wolves, throwing away a game they definately should have won. But all is not lost as long as we win our final 2 games, we will have the play off spot we were after. :)

That was not the best result for my beloved team either. For a time I thought you would take City and score a very hard fought win over a very tough side which would be remembered as one of the most important defeats for City in the season - which would have been great as we would be still top - but sadly that missed penalty was the real decider was for me what it all came down to. Had it gone in you could have been more attacking I rekon.

Still we have a better run-in than Birmingham. An improved Sheffield Wednesday and Preston for them and a Burnley side who have little to fight for at home and an already relegated Luton Town away for us. And I hope the loss in the Championships garden shed will fire us up even more.

It will be sad to get one over on Dave Pinkney.

pino
23rd April 2007, 13:28
Inter won Serie A title, congrats to them :up:

stevie_gerrard
24th April 2007, 01:13
but sadly that missed penalty was the real decider was for me what it all came down to. Had it gone in you could have been more attacking I rekon.

Still we have a better run-in than Birmingham. An improved Sheffield Wednesday and Preston for them and a Burnley side who have little to fight for at home and an already relegated Luton Town away for us. And I hope the loss in the Championships garden shed will fire us up even more.

I dont think we could have been more attacking after it, the penalty was in injury time :p :

Burnley 3-2 West Brom :D I wouldnt say that about Burnley so quick :p :

pino
24th April 2007, 08:01
Hey none cares about tonight match ? :eek: ;)

Storm
24th April 2007, 08:12
Go Milan :p :

pino
24th April 2007, 14:24
Forza Milan :D

SEATFreak
24th April 2007, 16:18
Must say going on league form, though I haven't seen Milan in the league the fact they have won Seia A tells me their good too, Man Utd must go in hot favourites.

Christiano Ronaldo may not have achieved the dizzying height of legendary status the like of Figo, Zidane and namesake Ronaldo exist at, but he is simply breathtaking! Shame that anywhere near the 6-yard box and he goes down like he's been shot. And for me Rooney is picking up a bit of goalscoring form.

Anyone dare stick their neck out and name a prediction?

For me it is 2-1 to United.

Storm
25th April 2007, 06:15
3-2 to Man U
Rooney got a goal in stoppage time :s

Kaka did really well to put Milan in front and then they let in 2 goals.. :\

Still 2 away goals isn't bad...I would like to know what exactly was Gilardino's role in the whole match? lone striker and completely ineffective as well.
Dida doesn't deserve to be in a starting XI let alone at a top club in Europe or a top national team. He is horrible.

pino
25th April 2007, 08:45
It was a fantastic match, and congrats to United for never given up and score the winning goal in the last min but...

Ancellotti is an idiot, why playing Gilardino and not Inzaghi ? Also why put Brocchi in and not Inzaghi insted of Gattuso ? Why trying to defend the 2-2 and not trying to score the winning goal...like United did ? Milan still have a chance in San Siro but they could have come home with a better result, and I blame Ancellotti for that !

Now let's what happen tonight, hopefully it will be another exciting match like yesterday's, football at his best :D

janneppi
25th April 2007, 08:50
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/futis/uutiset.shtml/arkistot/futis/2007/04/522417 Don't mind the text, but the picture in that article is great. :)

pino
25th April 2007, 08:52
Sorry but I don't get it...what's special about that pic ? :confused:

janneppi
25th April 2007, 08:56
It almost looks like Gattuso(?) doesn't understand what is flying towards him and is very curious, while the guy behind him looks like he's going to make a funny comment at him :)

jim mcglinchey
25th April 2007, 12:14
loved the way Rooney hit that second goal first touch. The keeper expected him to run with it but no. World class!

Brown, Jon Brow
25th April 2007, 12:23
If Manyoo avoid defeat in Milan then it's an all English final :D The game changed when Gattuso went off. Scholes, Carrick and Fletcher completely dominated from that point. THe big problem now for Man Utd is Evra being suspended (although that might be a blessing after Kaka's 2nd goal) If Ferdie isn't fit then Ferguson says he will play Fletcher at right- back. I think that Richardson should play a left-back, instead, he's done it before and is a similar player to Evra in the way he likes to frive forward.

Who were Milan Strikers last night?? :confused:

pino
25th April 2007, 12:29
loved the way Rooney hit that second goal first touch. The keeper expected him to run with it but no. World class!

No doubt it was a great goal, but Dida didn't cover it in the right way, if Milan had Buffon as keeper... they would've come home with a win ;)

pino
25th April 2007, 12:45
You guys have watched Mourinho's interview ? and someone is still wondering why Chelsea is so hated :crazy:

Go Liverpool ! :up: :D

Brown, Jon Brow
25th April 2007, 12:49
If manYoo had Terry/Canavarro as a defender Manutd would have won 3-0 ;)

Why have Chelsea played 27 games and Liverpool only played 4 ? :confused:

pino
25th April 2007, 14:02
Why have Chelsea played 27 games and Liverpool only played 4 ? :confused:

Do you believe what Mourinho says ? :crazy: :p :

Storm
25th April 2007, 14:18
if Milan had Buffon as keeper... they would've come home with a win ;)

Well Buffon surely wouldn't have fumbled for the first goal and then flapped wildly like a pigeon to let it bounce in the net :s

pino
25th April 2007, 14:27
Well Buffon surely wouldn't have fumbled for the first goal and then flapped wildly like a pigeon to let it bounce in the net :s

Neither he would've covered so bad and let Rooney score that goal...Why you think Milan is prepared to offer a big contract to Gigi ? Hopefully he will stay at Juve, but I am not sure :(

for tonight once again GO LIVERPOOL !!! :p :