PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Korea

steveaki13
14th October 2012, 08:53
Tough one today for me.

steveaki13
14th October 2012, 08:58
Driver of the Day: Nico Hulkenberg - I thought he drove brilliantly where di Resta was nowhere. A fine 6th between the fast Lotiiiii.

Other Mentions:

Sebastian Vettel - He drove well and had a easy win. The start was the key point. To be expected today really.

Felipe Massa - Drove better than Fernando & Mark for me and could have finished 2nd if he hadn't done the right thing and helped the team.

Vergne & ricciardo - These two drove well today, from the off they were faster and made their way past the Williams. 8th & 9th was a great day.

Dave B
14th October 2012, 09:00
I'm going to give it to Massa, partly because I feel sorry for constantly beating up on the guy, and partly because he genuinely had the pace to beat Alonso today but was denied the opportunity due to the championship positions.

Honourable mention of course to Vettel for a superb first lap and then leading to the finish, and both Toro Rosso guys for some impressive speed.

One last mention to Kimi and Lewis: they had some close wheel to wheel racing and didn't give each other more than the width of the car plus a cigarette paper, and kept it superbly clean where lesser drivers may have collided.

donKey jote
14th October 2012, 09:01
Massa
special mention to Vettel and Kimi

F1boat
14th October 2012, 09:04
Seb for me - as they said in Mortal Kombat, "flawless victory".
Honorable mention for Massa.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2012, 09:08
Hülkenberg for me - that maneuvre where he took Lewis and Grosjean was brilliant :)

Honourary mention to Grosjean. Rosberg confirmed in the interview that Grosjean drove genuinely careful at the start.

Dave B
14th October 2012, 09:11
Honourary mention to Grosjean. Rosberg confirmed in the interview that Grosjean drove genuinely careful at the start.
You can't give awards for not hitting somebody - that's their minimum job requirement! :p

AndyL
14th October 2012, 09:17

It shows we have low expectations of the guy when not crashing into anyone merits an honourable mention!

Hawkmoon
14th October 2012, 09:45
Massa. If he had driven this way all season he may have been in a championship position that would have given Ferrari a real headache as to whether to let him have a go at Alonso. As it is, he drove really well - fast and clean, no lurid moments and was genuinely quicker than Alonso. He needs to fix his qualifying issues though as they are letting him down.

A FONDO
14th October 2012, 10:00
Yet another wonderful weekend for Hulkenberg. Could say the same for Massa, clearly faster than Alonso. Also great fight from Hamilton trying to get something from from ruined race, especially the comeback to Kimi.

Robinho
14th October 2012, 10:08
Vettel did everything he had to, massa was very good, hulkenburg and the roero rosso's deserve a mention, today my vote goes to Massa, who I believe has scored the 2nd most points behind Vettel in the last 5 races,

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

longisland
14th October 2012, 13:23
Seb. Not only he won this race but he has won 3 races on the trot. The quickest driver in the fastest car.the complete package. Runner up goes to Hulk.

N. Jones
14th October 2012, 13:34
Felipe Massa. Welcome Back!

Mia 01
14th October 2012, 16:04
For me it was Felipe Massa. Faster than Aloso today.

Kimi, once moore a good drive with that equippment and avoided chrashes with other reckless drivers.

wedge
14th October 2012, 16:35
Ricciardo (if it was a mechanical fault robbed him at the end) and Massa.

Vettel was over rated by people today. Webbo had a bad start and capitalised on it. The only reason RBR were concerned at the last stint was because Vettel gets too bored easily and enjoys setting fastest laps - his PB came at the last lap which proves my point.

donKey jote
14th October 2012, 17:10
It shows we have low expectations of the guy when not crashing into anyone merits an honourable mention!

Kimi, [...] avoided chrashes with other reckless drivers.

:andrea: :p

IceWizard
14th October 2012, 17:54
For me it was Massa. There have been times over the last couple of years when I didn't think I'd be saying that again, but it was great so see him keeping up with and even outpacing Alonso. Shame there was no "Fernando, Felipe is faster than you" call on the radio.

Cooper_S
14th October 2012, 17:55
As with any race the driver of the race is also the winner so Seb get a nod, best of the rest I'd go Massa who gave Ferrari the points to leap McLaren in the standings... great drive.

driveace
14th October 2012, 22:07
Massa for me ! He is probably listening to Rob a bit more now !

zako85
14th October 2012, 22:16
Driver of the race, for me, is someone who performs beyond expectations. Vettel drove well and won, but we have been expecting him to win. Massa and Hulkenberg did above expectation. It's quite interesting that second year in a row, Force India cars are having a surge towards the year end. Last year they pretty much obliterated Lotus in second half, and missed 5th position in WCC just by a few points. This year, they can do the same to Sauber.

schmenke
15th October 2012, 20:32
Both STR drivers :up: :

Vergne: Started 16th on the grid and fished 8th
Ricciardo. Started 21st and finsihed 9th :up:

The Black Knight
15th October 2012, 21:56
Hamilton. To do what he did witha suspension failure showed his true quality. Sensational drive.

mstillhere
16th October 2012, 05:04
Massa. If he had driven this way all season he may have been in a championship position that would have given Ferrari a real headache as to whether to let him have a go at Alonso. As it is, he drove really well - fast and clean, no lurid moments and was genuinely quicker than Alonso. He needs to fix his qualifying issues though as they are letting him down.

The prospective to lose his job is making him more motivated than ever. If it were up to me I would have him signing his contract monthly.

zako85
16th October 2012, 08:27
Hamilton. To do what he did witha suspension failure showed his true quality. Sensational drive.

The most sensational part of Hamilton's drive was when that green rug got stuck on his car. This provided some much needed comedy relief to conclude a relatively flat race weekend in Korea.

wedge
16th October 2012, 15:09

Bad first lap. Sitting duck.

Brilliant race-craft then on but then stupid enough to drive hard beyond the kerbing and pick up the astro turf.

dj_bytedisaster
16th October 2012, 15:16
Bad first lap. Sitting duck.

Brilliant race-craft then on but then stupid enough to drive hard beyond the kerbing and pick up the astro turf.

It isn't neccessarily his fault. Wrestling a car with a broken anti-roll bar for most of the race is hard enough and the car isn't exactly fully controllable. His options were to keep pushing with the risk of being all over the place or backing off and go backwards as a result. We all know that hamilton wouldn't choose option two if his life depended on it :D

Mekola
17th October 2012, 04:25
For me, it was Webber. Did the pole, finished 2nd to Vettel and did the fastest lap.