PDA

View Full Version : Astrodonkey of the race - Korea

Dave B
14th October 2012, 08:44
Whoever glued down that Astroturf must have used Pritt Stick and surely would be donkey of the race but for Kobayashi pulling "a Grosjean" at the start.

donKey jote
14th October 2012, 08:46
yep

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2012, 08:49
For me donkey of the race is McLaren - no contest. Having the speed yesterday and being nowhere in the race. Umpteenth botch-job in the pits, too.

steveaki13
14th October 2012, 08:51
Donkey of the Race: "Astroturf sticker downers" & Kobayashi

Other poor performances:
Hamliton & Mclaren - Not at Lewis himself so much but as a team poor pace, poor tyre managment and just terrible race.

Williams - Terrible car here, way slower than rest of main field.

Dave B
14th October 2012, 08:51
For me donkey of the race is McLaren - no contest. Having the speed yesterday and being nowhere in the race. Umpteenth botch-job in the pits, too.
We'll never know how Button might have fared. Hamilton did an effective job of destroying his tyres, I can't help but wonder how his team mate could've done.

AndyL
14th October 2012, 09:23
Hamilton's rear anti-roll bar broke on lap 18, that was the reason for his lack of pace and problems with tyre wear.

Hawkmoon
14th October 2012, 09:47
Kobayashi. Yes he was squeezed between Rosberg and Button but he was clearly going too fast.

As for the astroturf nonsense, why was it even there? Why do the best drivers in the world need a bit of extra road on the other side of a kerb? Get rid of the stuff, it's not needed.

Robinho
14th October 2012, 10:05
Astroturf layer and Kobyashi, I'll spare Lewis based on the roll bar problem and the chunk of turf he carried to the finish he fought pretty well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

gm99
14th October 2012, 13:11
Grosbayashi ;)

N. Jones
14th October 2012, 13:42
Kobayashi, what in tarnation were you doing?!?!?!

henners88
14th October 2012, 15:37
I haven't seen Whitmarsh's interview after the race but apparently he made little mention of Lewis and suddenly doesn't like to use his name preferring to talk about Button who managed only a quarter of a lap. What on earth is going on in that team? I've defended McLaren throughout the time Lewis has been there and am sad to find that maybe I was a little generous. There was talk only yesterday that Lewis was a few minutes late to a team briefing and Jenson made a joke about Perez not being the late type. Of course that could all be inflated rubbish, but its starting to look like Lewis has been virtually frozen out of the team right now. I've no doubt he will be given the tools to do the job, but much like Alonso in '07 it appears the emotional support of the team has gone completely against him. It just goes to show how hurt McLaren are to be losing Lewis even if they claim to be excited to have Perez joining them next year. They've lost their best driver and the rumours and actions are a very telling aspect indeed. I'd like to be able to support Jenson in some capacity next year if we find Lewis out of the running, but I'm sad to say my respect for him is taking a denting in these closing races. Come on guys, show some integrity.

wedge
14th October 2012, 16:46
Kobay - hero to zero in week. But then he was in a group of cars and something was bound to happen.

Whoever glued down that Astroturf must have used Pritt Stick and surely would be donkey of the race but for Kobayashi pulling "a Grosjean" at the start.

They are crap but then Silverstone had a problem with it last year.

Just stick a small strip of gravel instead.

truefan72
14th October 2012, 22:41
while I blame the poor astroturf a tiny bit, in all fairness, the drivers were practically taking two wheels on it for an entire race. I don't think any astroturf on any track would have lasted.

and yeah Mclaren are my donkey
Kobayashi only a bit since he did get squeezed and it wss a bang-bang incident