PDA

View Full Version : Vijay Mallya in trouble

r199
12th October 2012, 15:08
Vijay Mallya has an arrest warant against him

HC issues warrant against Vijay Mallya on GMR's complaint - IBNLive.com (http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/hc-issues-warrant-against-vijay-mallyagmrs-complaint_768236.html)

I am evil Homer
12th October 2012, 15:40
I wonder how FI survives anyway...Mallaya's businesses have not been making that much money, the main team sponsor's are his companies. So where is the cash coming from?

gloomyDAY
12th October 2012, 17:19
I think we're going to have another collapsed team in F1. Vallya is about to get arrested for bouncing checks!

driveace
12th October 2012, 17:44
This is a pity.All these guys want to be in F1 ,but money is too short .We has Branson,Richards ,Mallay,Pollock,and I think they realise once they are in its a bottomless pit !

Nikki Katz
12th October 2012, 18:08
This is really bad news. I guess I knew that 12 teams was too good to be true, even if some of them are backmarkers. I hope that the team remains on the grid in some fashion, but there have been rumours about Mallya for some time now, and this just seems to confirm that.

CaptainRaiden
12th October 2012, 18:50
$2 million is chump change for Mallya. With the amount of bureaucracy and corruption rampant in my country, this will be most probably solved with an SMS and the sale of one of his yachts and two of his supercars. Voila!

So what if he doesn't have his usual Monaco yacht party next year? :p

CNR
20th October 2012, 13:29
THE flying licence of India's Kingfisher Airlines has reportedly been suspended

Jag_Warrior
20th October 2012, 21:26
Yes, he has much more serious issues to contend with than just some bounced checks. I wasn't a huge fan of Force India, but it's been great to see a good, strong mid-pack team emerge. If Marussia or HRT went away, I really wouldn't care at all - in fact, good riddance! But I'd hate to see Force India go away. I hope this gets worked out. Not for him (I don't care about him), but for the fans of the team and the sport.

Big Ben
21st October 2012, 18:57
The man looks like a fool. Spending the money the way he does and his businesses fall apart in the mean time.

CNR
23rd October 2012, 07:37
Kingfisher staff may hold F1 race protest | Herald Scotland (http://www.heraldscotland.com/business/company-news/kingfisher-staff-may-hold-f1-race-protest.19217103)

how can this jackass get away with stuff like this dose f1 need the likes of him ?
Kingfisher staff may hold F1 race protest

Employees at the troubled carrier have gone seven months without pay but are negotiating with Kingfisher management on a possible return to work.

Local press reports suggested staff have been offered three months pay over the next three weeks, but employees want a better deal.

The airline's licence was suspended by India's regulator on Saturday, meaning no bookings can be taken.

Debt-laden Kingfisher, which owes around £1 bil-lion, must present an acceptable operational plan to the Directorate General of Civil Aviation before its licence to fly is re-instated.

Malbec
23rd October 2012, 07:41
Yes, he has much more serious issues to contend with than just some bounced checks. I wasn't a huge fan of Force India, but it's been great to see a good, strong mid-pack team emerge. If Marussia or HRT went away, I really wouldn't care at all - in fact, good riddance! But I'd hate to see Force India go away. I hope this gets worked out. Not for him (I don't care about him), but for the fans of the team and the sport.

The team's future is secure because Sahara is going to buy out the remainder if Mallya has to sell it off. As I mentioned in another thread what I'm worried about is that Sahara would underinvest in the team and/or make questionable management decisions unless Mallya stays as they don't have a clue about F1.

Mallya's behaviour though is pretty typical of some of the Indian rich who don't care 2 cents about the poor as long as they carry on leading the lifestyle they want.