PDA

View Full Version : Formula and other forms of cheap racing?

JCH
9th October 2012, 21:38
Im thinking of getting into formula vee racing but I do not know how much it cost where any clubs are and if there are any championships.

How much does formula vee cost to make and run?
What are the names of formula vee companys?
Which companys make formula chassis and body work?
Are there any formula vee uk championships? If so where is it held, how do I enter?, How much does it cost to enter?, what is the formula vee champion website called?
Are there any formula vee clubs in Oxfordshire and Northamptonshire? If so where? And what is the clubs webiste called?
What are the rules and regulations of formula vee? A link to a official website would do.

What other cheap or cheapish racing is available?

D-Type
10th October 2012, 16:21
In several countries they have moved on from the classic VW Beetle engined Formula Vee as the Beetle hasn't been made for many years. I think UK is one of these.

I see you mention Oxfordshire/ Northamptonshire which suggests you have ready access to Silverstone and Mallory Park and Oulton Park aren't far away nor are Prescott and Shelsley Walsh. What cars were people racing at the last club meeting you went to?

Your best bet is to speak to competitors and officials when you go to a club meeting and find out how to join the organising club.

I would follow the replies on http://www.motorsportforums.com/chit-chat/155533-starting-out.html as @Billy is essentially asking the same questions as yourself. And he's not far away from you ...