PDA

View Full Version : F1 and BTCC

tommy2k8
9th October 2012, 17:22
Formula 1 is not about the racing anymore, it's just another victim of greed. There are rare overtaking moves, whereas BTCC there is. Both the Singapore GP's and the BBC rerun of the Japanese GP were on at the same time as the last two BTCC meetings.
When F1 and BTCC overlap, what would you prefer watching? Vote in the poll please - be quite interesting

dj_bytedisaster
9th October 2012, 17:41
You are comparing apples to oranges. The BTCC is a touring car series, while F1 in an open-wheel series. Most of the overtaking maneuvers in the BTCC are as fake as a hookers smile, because the field is artificially jumbled around with reversed grids, success weights and whatnot. On top of that, much of the overtaking in touring cars is achieved by bumping into your opponent or simply punting him aside. Try that in an open-wheeler car and you turn into Grosjean.

F1boat
9th October 2012, 18:36
This is an F1 forum, so I expect F1 to win easily. I prefer to watch F1, although the BTCC is really a fun series. Probably my 2nd favorite motorsport (after F1), but a distant second.

N. Jones
9th October 2012, 18:37
Considering that we do not get BTCC in America, as far as I am aware, F1 is it for me!

Garry Walker
9th October 2012, 18:49
Formula 1 is not about the racing anymore, it's just another victim of greed. There are rare overtaking moves, whereas BTCC there is. Both the Singapore GP's and the BBC rerun of the Japanese GP were on at the same time as the last two BTCC meetings.
When F1 and BTCC overlap, what would you prefer watching? Vote in the poll please - be quite interesting

BTCC is to F1 what masturbating is to sex.

AndyL
9th October 2012, 19:01
I haven't watched much BTCC for a few years, it's become too much like the "British Bumper Car Championship." Though I must admit even if it looks a bit daft on TV, it is a great event to attend live.

steveaki13
9th October 2012, 20:04
I enjoy BTCC and have been to several race meetings, but I still dont watch it every race, whereas as much as possible watch every F1 race live. Have done for 20 years +.

BTCC has more overtaking in F1 but its easier to achieve, on that scale Oval racing probably has more passes than any motorsport but personally I find it a bit dull.

So its really all about the sport as a whole and F1 is a world wide, top level & brilliant sport.

AndyRAC
10th October 2012, 10:45
BTCC = British Trashing of Cars Championship.... and that's it's unique selling point... ;)

Wasted Talent
10th October 2012, 17:31
BTCC is turning into a joke - 2 of last 3 races won from the back of the grid, and the championship leader scoring two sevenths and a fifth I think.

What with bumper cars, lots of drivers with more money than talent, and stupid boost changes it isn't really worth watching.

F1 seems to have got the balance just about right - each GP is an event, overtaking is possible but not boring, and the tyres throw up the occasional odd result.

WT

nik
10th October 2012, 23:30
BTCC is my first love in motorsport and always will be. Even though this season hasn't been great. I'd like to see the result if we were still in the 90s. BTCC was awesome then.

zako85
11th October 2012, 01:26
We don't get BTCC, WTCC, DTM, or FIA Gt1 coverage in the US to begin with. However, during the off-season once F1 is over, Speed TV shows all of these races, one per week, dedicating about one hour to each race weekend. BTCC does seem to have more close racing while DTM is the most boring.

My favorite series besides F1 are Australian V8 supercars and IndyCar. BTW, both of these had a very good year so far.