PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Japanese GP

kfzmeister
3rd October 2012, 15:00
It is starting with controversy. Ferrari claiming that RB and Macca are using new version of flex front wing. Flex not at end of wing, but front to back on pivot. FIA to closely inspect wings this weekend.
Formula One | New 'flexi wing' saga emerging in F1 (http://www.f1zone.net/news/new-flexi-wing-saga-emerging-in-f1/15991/)
Button to take 5 spot grid penalty due to transbox change. Apparently Macca saw same issue as Hamilton's and thought it better to change. This should put to rest any suggestions that Hamilton broke his box during qualifying on Sat @ Singapore.
Here's to Alonso getting another strong points finish. Can he actually win his 4th?? :bounce:

F1boat
3rd October 2012, 15:38
I think that Lewis will win, while Seb and Fred will fight for 2nd.

Tazio
3rd October 2012, 18:33
It is starting with controversy. Ferrari claiming that RB and Macca are using new version of flex front wing. Flex not at end of wing, but front to back on pivot. FIA to closely inspect wings this weekend.Formula One | New 'flexi wing' saga emerging in F1 (http://www.f1zone.net/news/new-flexi-wing-saga-emerging-in-f1/15991/)
Button to take 5 spot grid penalty due to transbox change. Apparently Macca saw same issue as Hamilton's and thought it better to change. This should put to rest any suggestions that Hamilton broke his box during qualifying on Sat @ Singapore.
Here's to Alonso getting another strong points finish. Can he actually win his 4th?? :bounce: It will be interesting to see how closely they will actually scrutinize these FWs, as of now all that I know they have said is:

"The report said that the FIA, despite clamping down on past ‘flexi wing’ sagas by ramping up the scrutineering tests, will study the latest designs closely this weekend at Suzuka."

This could have a profound effect on my pickems :confused: :p :

kfzmeister
3rd October 2012, 19:50
It will be interesting to see how closely they will actually scrutinize these FWs, as of now all that I know they have said is:

"The report said that the FIA, despite clamping down on past ‘flexi wing’ sagas by ramping up the scrutineering tests, will study the latest designs closely this weekend at Suzuka."

The new wings have a single attachment bolt at the bottom of the support beams that allow them to pivot front to back. This requires them to study this design and come up with a new way to test them vs the way they previously tested the actual wing ends that bowed down.
In order to make this work, RB introduced a longer nose in Singapore. I'm hoping that this doesn't get pushed back too far, since it could seriously alter the outcome of this season. It also could explain why Macca have been so fast recently.

donKey jote
3rd October 2012, 19:58
cheats ! :erm: :andrea: :p

Tazio
3rd October 2012, 20:50
The new wings have a single attachment bolt at the bottom of the support beams that allow them to pivot front to back. This requires them to study this design and come up with a new way to test them vs the way they previously tested the actual wing ends that bowed down.
In order to make this work, RB introduced a longer nose in Singapore. I'm hoping that this doesn't get pushed back too far, since it could seriously alter the outcome of this season. It also could explain why Macca have been so fast recently. Yes I read the articles. :s tareup: My question is in regard to what they will or will not do this weekend. There are at least two ways that the FIA can disallow them:

1) Rule it a moveable aero device

2) Change the test as clarified by C. Whiting, specifically rule 3.17.8

Q: How and why have the tests for front wing deflection changed?
CW: The rules state the wings (as well as all other parts of the bodywork) must be rigid. We have halved the permitted deflection. Previously the wing was tested with a 1kN load and allowed to deflect 20mm. As a result of this the teams were testing wings until they found a design that deflected 19.9mm under a 1kN load. Our allowances are only a guideline for us and we felt the teams were operating outside the spirit of the rules and clearly designing their wings with flexibility in mind. In our view Article 3.15 takes precedence over Article 3.17 where the deflection limits are quantified. Article 3.17.8 allows us to introduce new tests if we feel our guidelines are not being following in an appropriate manner. The new test therefore moves the pressure point rearwards by 10mm and inboard by 5mm with the permitted deflection reduced to 10mm. We have also told the teams that we may apply the load to just one side of the front wing, an asymmetrical test.
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/f1releases/2012/Pages/f1-cw-qa.aspx

Whether or not they institute a hard line on these wings this weekend is still in question IMO,
thus the concern about my pickems this race :cool:

Swarley
5th October 2012, 05:28
Anybody watching P2 here in 30 minutes?

andyone
5th October 2012, 06:45
any live Stream somewhere of the F1 practice or race? Thanks

Swarley
5th October 2012, 06:58
any live Stream somewhere of the F1 practice or race? Thanks

Wish I could help, but it's on TV here.

Koz
5th October 2012, 07:35
When was the last time we saw a rear wing fall off?

Lucky it happened where and when it happened. Could have been a tragedy.

driveace
5th October 2012, 09:50
Practice this morning was Vettel,Hamilton then Webber fastest 3

Sarah
5th October 2012, 13:36
There was an interesting pitlane interview by Martin Brundle with Martin Whitmarsh at beginning of practice 2 - very honest explaining the drivers he was interested in and why they chose Perez

kfzmeister
5th October 2012, 14:18
I hope the bed luck ends. I thought it recently did? :D

On a more serious note, i sure hope he can win, followed by Button and Webber. Alonso can have fourth as long as he just beats Vettel!

Tazio
5th October 2012, 16:32
IMHO Ferrari really has their collective butts in a crack. Unless they can come up with some significant upgrades in the next race or two Fred's lead will disappear in three races.
Then again I could be wrong :confused: ;)

AndyL
5th October 2012, 17:13
IMHO Ferrari really has their collective butts in a crack. Unless they can come up with some significant upgrades in the next race or two Fred's lead will disappear in three races.

His lead does look quite precarious at this stage doesn't it. But on the other hand the Ferrari looked like a complete dog at the start of the season, yet after two races he was leading the championship. And there is still plenty of opportunity for his rivals to trip each other and themselves up, as they've already done many times. This season has been so unpredictable (and the better for it!), I think your confusion is well founded :) If he does manage to hold on and clinch the title it will surely be one of the greatest championship wins ever.

kfzmeister
5th October 2012, 18:39

Then, again they've hung in there the same way all season. Let's hope that his race pace continues to be strong and that the right people are winning races, Like Webber, Button, Kimi and Ham, too.

A FONDO
5th October 2012, 21:54
Dont worry about Fernando. Its not the first time he is poor in the beginning and then grabbing the big points in Sunday afternoon :D

Tazio
6th October 2012, 00:27
I'm guessing the car will be ok with heavy fuel because it is sprung so tightly on low, or so it would appear. This is a circuit where Scuderia Alonso is supposed to be fast, but I don't have that impression yet. @kfz, I don't think that "The Boss" winning is a positive for Fred. The one big plus for Alonso is the reliability of the F2012, however this is an axe that cuts both ways, and Hamilton can claw his way back into this thing, and has much more lively engines left. If it comes to an even fight between FA, SV, and LH for the WDC LH will have an advantage in this arena.

If he does manage to hold on and clinch the title it will surely be one of the greatest championship wins ever. I tend to agree :uhoh: ;)

zako85
6th October 2012, 01:04
IMO, Alonso has a quite nice lead. So far, it was the RedBull and McLaren cars breaking.. not his. He needs to score a few more podiums and maybe one more win to seal the deal. In fact, if Hamilton and Vettel keep taking turns at winning races and suffering from mechanical issues or accidents, while Alonso simply finishes in good points positions, he could still win. In fact, this is more or less how he got where he is right now.

Tazio
6th October 2012, 04:39
IMO, Alonso has a quite nice lead. So far, it was the RedBull and McLaren cars breaking.. not his. He needs to score a few more podiums and maybe one more win to seal the deal. In fact, if Hamilton and Vettel keep taking turns at winning races and suffering from mechanical issues or accidents, while Alonso simply finishes in good points positions, he could still win. In fact, this is more or less how he got where he is right now.
I'm thinking Ferrari have their butt in a crack! :s tareup: ;)

kfzmeister
6th October 2012, 05:32
I'm guessing the car will be ok with heavy fuel because it is sprung so tightly on low, or so it would appear. This is a circuit where Scuderia Alonso is supposed to be fast, but I don't have that impression yet. @kfz, I don't think that "The Boss" winning is a positive for Fred. The one big plus for Alonso is the reliability of the F2012, however this is an axe that cuts both ways, and Hamilton can claw his way back into this thing, and has much more lively engines left. If it comes to an even fight between FA, SV, and LH for the WDC LH will have an advantage in this arena.
I tend to agree :uhoh: ;)

You know what i'm saying. Alonso's goal will be to finish ahead of Vettel, so even if Ham wins and Alonso should be a (near) podium, then we're in good shape for this weekend. If Hamilton gains too many, then next GP the posts shall be moved. :D

F1boat
6th October 2012, 05:51
I think that McLaren must be very confident as they didn't post a quick lap in FP3. So I guess that Lewis will be on pole, I think that Seb and Mark can be second and third.

Tazio
6th October 2012, 05:56
Hamilton and Button were both blocked on their runs on softs in the middle sector, but they were both .4 down on Vettel and Webber in S1 :s tareup:

Charles Pic, Michael Schumacher and Karthekian under investigation for blocking.

Reason for Pic: Was on the racing line going slow approaching the last chicane blocking Hamilton whilst on a flying lap.

Reason for Schumacher: Impeding Button while on a flying lap on the kink of 130R Schumacher was on the racing line while on an off-lap

Karthekian: Cut off/Blocked Senna on the final chicane before the main straight.

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 06:36
I think that McLaren must be very confident as they didn't post a quick lap in FP3. So I guess that Lewis will be on pole, I think that Seb and Mark can be second and third.

LOL.

It would be a miracle of anyone other than the super RB car would be on pole here. Unless bieber and webber mess up again.
RB is a class of their own, once again.

F1boat
6th October 2012, 06:47
Garry, last week autosport wrote in one article that McLaren is widely regarded as the fastest car in the paddock and somehow I prefer to trust Autosport and the result from the last four qualifying sessions than your biased anti-Vettel rants.
For Q3 I expect Hamilton to reveal the true pace of the McLaren and to win Pole.

donKey jote
6th October 2012, 06:49
morning girls :)

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 06:51
Garry, last week autosport wrote in one article that McLaren is widely regarded as the fastest car in the paddock and somehow I prefer to trust Autosport and the result from the last four qualifying sessions than your biased anti-Vettel rants.
For Q3 I expect Hamilton to reveal the true pace of the McLaren and to win Pole.

I couldn't care less what autosport writes.
I have a brain of my own and can see things well enough. You prefer to trust the opinion of others, because of lesser intellectual capacity. I guess that is why you are a bieber fan.

RB will take the pole here easily, unless Bieber messes up like he did at Singapore and Webber performs to his usual level.

donKey jote
6th October 2012, 06:52
vettel will run away with this one I'm afraid...

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 06:53
Well, you are looking dumber than usual now, aren't you?

I think everyone knows who I am saying this to.

pino
6th October 2012, 06:53
Morning kids :p :

F1boat
6th October 2012, 06:54

Morning pino :)

donKey jote
and Alonso appears to have problems with the car :s

Garry Walker

morning girls :)

LOL.

Good morning yes.

andyone
6th October 2012, 06:56
can some one tell me. what do the F1 drivers look at on the screens when parked.

janvanvurpa
6th October 2012, 06:56
Garry, last week autosport wrote in one article that McLaren is widely regarded as the fastest car in the paddock

That doesn't help much. Don't they have speed limits in the paddock? Why its irresponsible to be racing in the paddock.
Think of the children!

donKey jote
6th October 2012, 06:59
can some one tell me. what do the F1 drivers look at on the screens when parked.

teletubbies

donKey jote
6th October 2012, 07:00
kimi spooned it :s

F1boat
6th October 2012, 07:00
Well, when I am wrong I admit that I am wrong, well done Garry, you were absolutely right that Red Bull have the best car... for Suzuka.

F1boat
6th October 2012, 07:01
that doesn't help much. Don't they have speed limits in the paddock? Why its irresponsible to be racing in the paddock.
Think of the children!

:d :d :d

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 07:01
Well, I said RB is by far the fastest car here, I was right once again.

The yellow flags brought on by Kimi didn't change anything, because Hamilton was half a second down from Bieber already in S1.
Button was also massively down in S1.

No point in watching RB fest with teamorders tomorrow.

pino
6th October 2012, 07:02
Vettel on pole... not a surprise.

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 07:02
Well, when I am wrong I admit that I am wrong, well done Garry, you were absolutely right that Red Bull have the best car... for Suzuka.

Red Bull have had the best car of the year and have been the fastest car for more races than any other car.

truefan72
6th October 2012, 07:03
Early donkey to mclaren for putting scrubbed softs on hamilton's car instead of fresh ones like every bloody one else!

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 07:04
Early donkey to mclaren for putting scrubbed softs on hamilton's car instead of fresh ones like every bloody one else!

Well, considering they used 2 sets of softs in Q2, they didn't really have any other chance.

truefan72
6th October 2012, 07:04
Well, I said RB is by far the fastest car here, I was right once again.

The yellow flags brought on by Kimi didn't change anything, because Hamilton was half a second down from Bieber already in S1.
Button was also massively down in S1.

No point in watching RB fest with teamorders tomorrow.

I don't think hamilton would have gotten pole but anything p4 or p5 would have bee nice which would have vaulted him to the 2nd row after button's penalty. so the kimi incident had a massive effect on the grid

donKey jote
6th October 2012, 07:06
the yellows were very unlucky for Alonso who was on for p4, as they only affected his lap and were lifted by the time the others went by....
according to Alonso :)

truefan72
6th October 2012, 07:06
Well, considering they used 2 sets of softs in Q2, they didn't really have any other chance.

do one top lap with the new softs and then see where the chips fell, he would have ended up p4 for sure if he did that with a quick lap in the first stint

yet another mistake by mclaren. :(

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 07:09
do one top lap with the new softs and then see where the chips fell, he would have ended up p4 for sure if he did that with a quick lap in the first stint

When you have used two sets of softs, then in Q3 you obviously put used softs on for first try and new softs for second try when the track is much faster. Everyone does that, all the time. No one does the opposite. McLaren did everything right here, they would have been retarded to put on new softs when the track was slower. FFS.

pino
6th October 2012, 07:10
Alonso needs another miracle tomorrow ...lets hope for some rain ;)

F1boat
6th October 2012, 07:11
A question for all fans - Raikkonen won in 2005 from P17, how important was this qualifying for the tomorrow's race, what do you think?

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 07:13
Alonso needs another miracle tomorrow ...lets hope for some rain ;)

Alonso can kiss his title good bye. Ferrari just is not nowhere near RB, sadly. So bieber will easily cruise to the title.

That is actually a shame, because while I dislike Alonso and Ferrari, I can admit that Alonso has been the best driver of the year so far and out of the top 5 he deserves it the most. Hamilton and Kimi have been very impressive as well, but not quite as good as Alonso.

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 07:15
A question for all fans - Raikkonen won in 2005 from P17, how important was this qualifying for the tomorrow's race, what do you think?

There will be no race tomorrow. Red Bull is a class of their own here, they will run away with ease and Marko will make sure Webber doesn't threaten bieber. The only question is, who will finish 3rd?

Tazio
6th October 2012, 07:15
the yellows were very unlucky for Alonso who was on for p4, as they only affected his lap and were lifted by the time the others went by....
according to Alonso :) :s tareup: :fasttalk: :bigcry: :p :

pino
6th October 2012, 07:19
Some penalties could be handed for ignoring yellow flags on last lap...according to ital TV ;)

pino
6th October 2012, 07:21
Alonso can kiss his title good bye. Ferrari just is not nowhere near RB, sadly. So bieber will easily cruise to the title.

That is actually a shame, because while I dislike Alonso and Ferrari, I can admit that Alonso has been the best driver of the year so far and out of the top 5 he deserves it the most. Hamilton and Kimi have been very impressive as well, but not quite as good as Alonso.

Thanks for your support Garry...however we Ferrari fans are much more optimistic :p :

donKey jote
6th October 2012, 07:22
Some penalties could be handed for ignoring yellow flags on last lap...according to ital TV http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/smilies/wink.gif
la mano di Luca is alargada :p

F1boat
6th October 2012, 07:27
Some penalties could be handed for ignoring yellow flags on last lap...according to ital TV ;)

Grosjean and Kobayashi are under threat, perhaps

truefan72
6th October 2012, 07:37
When you have used two sets of softs, then in Q3 you obviously put used softs on for first try and new softs for second try when the track is much faster. Everyone does that, all the time. No one does the opposite. McLaren did everything right here, they would have been retarded to put on new softs when the track was slower. FFS.

and yet all the fastest times where done in the first stint
this is Q3 there is enough evidence that anytime in the 10 is good for a hot lap. and if you look at many of the races this year you will see that just as many poles where set in the first stint as in the 2nd stint. I still say it is a mistake.

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 07:49
and yet all the fastest times where done in the first stint Because, doh, KR brought out the yellow flags. But everyone was doing their best sector times before that.

this is Q3 there is enough evidence that anytime in the 10 is good for a hot lap. and if you look at many of the races this year you will see that just as many poles where set in the first stint as in the 2nd stint. I still say it is a mistake.

You are just looking for excuses for Hamilton again. This time the excuses are reaching a very low level.
Would you want your best tyres to be used when the track is at its fastest or at its slowest? The difference is not big on when you do the lap in Q3, but the difference is there. I have never heard of any team, when having 1 set of new softs left only, using them at the beginning of Q3, rather than at the end. Have you? Think about that. Even when a team has decided that they will only do 1 attempt in Q3, they pretty much never do it at the beginning of Q3, but rather at the end. Why is that so?

BTW: I am sure you would have proof for that claim that as many poles have been taken this year with the "first stint"

Tazio
6th October 2012, 07:52
Alonso needs another miracle tomorrow ...lets hope for some rain ;) All Fred has to do is tuck in behind Grosjean, and follow him through while RG plows the row ;)

F1boat
6th October 2012, 08:11
From what I see in Autosport Alonso needs more assistance from FIA, as they are investigating Seb AGAIN. I am really starting to dislike the sport this year. In so many races instead of celebrating the achievements of your favorite driver you have to wait for FIA to decide something (often a penalty for either Seb or Lewis).

Hawkmoon
6th October 2012, 09:29
From what I see in Autosport Alonso needs more assistance from FIA, as they are investigating Seb AGAIN. I am really starting to dislike the sport this year. In so many races instead of celebrating the achievements of your favorite driver you have to wait for FIA to decide something (often a penalty for either Seb or Lewis).

I don't agree with the Alonso needing help bit as the stewards throw penalties at drivers from all parts of the grid but I certainly agree that they have got to stop this nonsense about penalising the smallest thing. Finding a way through traffic used to be part of a top F1 drivers skill set. These days drivers expect other cars to leap out of their way as soon as they get anywhere near each other. It's rather pathetic.

F1boat
6th October 2012, 09:42
They also need to make their decision more quickly and to respect the interests of the audience. For example we already know the penalty of Jean-Eric Vergne (nobody except him and Bruno cares about it), but it takes them almost three hours to settle the thing with Vettel and Alonso.

F1boat
6th October 2012, 10:53
Vettel reprimanded, but keeps pole. Correct decision IMO. Hopefully the alternator won't brake this time. :)

Garry Walker
6th October 2012, 12:48
Vettel reprimanded, but keeps pole. Correct decision IMO. Hopefully the alternator won't brake this time. :)

Yeah, but hopefully the rear wing or brakes will break (not brake, as you said).

Pathetic decision, he clearly impeded Alonso, if it wasn't the precious bieber, then there would have been a penalty, but they didn't dare to act.

F1boat
6th October 2012, 12:54
Your hatred blinds you, Garry. ;) And I'd be careful about what I wish for the drivers. I mean, many fans wished retirement for Alonso and you wished for Seb in Singapore and look what happened ;)

Mauri A
6th October 2012, 13:20
Yeah, but hopefully the rear wing or brakes will break (not brake, as you said).

Pathetic decision, he clearly impeded Alonso, if it wasn't the precious bieber, then there would have been a penalty, but they didn't dare to act.

Did you write earlier today that you have brains!

wedge
6th October 2012, 15:55

Alonso caught Fingers at the wrong moment - into the braking zone for the chicane.

It's the nature of quali.

You would have to be very cynical to find it malicious.

Tazio
6th October 2012, 15:58
Alonso caught Fingers at the wrong moment - into the braking zone for the chicane.

It's the nature of quali.

You would have to be very cynical to find it malicious. Vettel received a repremand for being on the racing line on his slow down lap, and I think it was a fair call by the stewards.

Vettel had backed off in the final sector and ran wide at the chicane to allow Alonso through but having been on the racing line he slightly held up the Ferrari.
http://en.espnf1.com/japan/motorsport/story/90910.html

Alonso said in regard to his flying lap in Q3:

What can I say, other than get angry about being unlucky? The yellow flags came at the worst possible moment, when I was coming into turn 14," Alonso said.

"Up until then, my lap was great and there was every chance of setting the fourth fastest time of the day, which would have then seen me start from third on the grid.

"From there, the race could have taken on a completely different picture, but we have to accept what happened. We were unlucky today, so maybe we'll be lucky tomorrow."
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/315772/
As for Kimi:

Kimi Raikkonen was at his best during a post-qualifying interview at the Suzuka circuit where he made his thoughts on the subject at hand quite clear.

Asked what happened, Raikkonen said: "I spun."

Clearly.

Asked about the impact his yellows would have on the rest of the field, he said: "I don't care what happened to the others."

You have to love him.
http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/8142304/Raikkonen-I-don-t-care...
You have to love the guy :laugh:

kfzmeister
6th October 2012, 16:25
Asked what happened, Raikkonen said: "I spun."

Clearly.

Asked about the impact his yellows would have on the rest of the field, he said: "I don't care what happened to the others."

Lmao.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GpP7UiKNrs

Tazio
6th October 2012, 16:32
Lmao.... :D
My fault I was editing my post to add the last bit while you were posting! :grenade: :blackeye: ;)

steveaki13
6th October 2012, 19:23
Great Job by Seb. He got that Red Bull around Suzuka again so fast. Amazing

He will storm the race, unless there are problems.

Shows how good the car is here as Mark was brilliant too, Kamui did a fine job and I would love him too get ahead of Mark off the start or even banzi into the lead.

Good day for Sauber with Perez starting 5th. I expect Alonso too get towards 3rd or 4th and continue to pull in reasonable points, and I think Mclaren should have been 3rd & 4th as after Red Bull they are fastest here and so to see them try and recover from 8th & 9th will be interesting.

Can't wait for the race

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 06:41
Morning girls :)

pino
7th October 2012, 06:44
Morning donkey ;)

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 06:47
Godmorgen pino :andrea:

Shifter
7th October 2012, 06:53
I tend to stay up too late and sleep too long...Suzuka works for me as a race to watch live in the U.S! Looking forward to the start of the race, love this circuit! I'll be pulling for Alonso and local boy Kobayashi.

Tazio
7th October 2012, 06:59
Good evening fellas :s ailor:

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:01
go webber! :p

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:01
hey taz, yer missus says hi! :s ailor:

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:02
balls

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:02
punctured by grosjean?

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:03
oh well, back to bed :(

Koz
7th October 2012, 07:03
Alonso contact with Kimi?

pino
7th October 2012, 07:04
Noooooo! :(

Tazio
7th October 2012, 07:04
Good night :p :

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:08
grosjean tagged webber, kimi tagged alonso :(

pino
7th October 2012, 07:10
Could expect this from Gros but not from Kimi :(

Tazio
7th October 2012, 07:10
hey taz, yer missus says hi! :s ailor: That's your problem :p :

AndyL
7th October 2012, 07:11
But Kimi was almost squeezed off the track by Alonso. I think that will be ruled a racing incident.

But Grosjean will have a stronger case against him to answer for another first-lap incident.

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:13
ham: pérez is faster than you :p

F1boat
7th October 2012, 07:14
Romain on fire again. What an idiot.

ShiftingGears
7th October 2012, 07:15
Grosjean driving like an idiot, again. Ruined any potential fight for the lead.

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 07:15
Could expect this from Gros but not from Kimi :(

Why the hell was Alonso pushing Kimi off the track? This was just a pure racing incident, nothing Kimi did was wrong.

F1boat
7th October 2012, 07:17
Macca are as slow as in Silverstone, what the hell happened with them?

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 07:21
Macca are as slow as in Silverstone, what the hell happened with them?

Their speed has been overrated the last few races.

AndyL
7th October 2012, 07:23
What on earth is Kovalainen doing in 11th by the way?

Edit: did I say 11th? Make that 9th.

pino
7th October 2012, 07:24
If Vettel win this title fight will be over :(

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 07:27
If Vettel win this title fight will be over :(
The title fight is over already.

andyone
7th October 2012, 07:30
now championship fight up for grabs..

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:33
massa p2, guess where alonso should have been :rolleyes:

F1boat
7th October 2012, 07:33
More pit problems for Lewis. Incredible.

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:34
checo donkey :(

truefan72
7th October 2012, 07:35
WTF is mclaren doing Hamilton?

was on a very fast lap and could have gone another 2 or 3 laps to jump kimi, then a slow pit stop 1.1 seconds slower than button?

this is ridiculous

unbelievable, you got to switch strategy and take advantage

ShiftingGears
7th October 2012, 07:36
More pit problems for Lewis. Incredible.

If I heard correctly it is because Lewis overshot his mark.

Malbec
7th October 2012, 07:36
Well done Perez!

truefan72
7th October 2012, 07:37
perez way to ambitious, hamilton and he were catching kimi at a tremendous pace and instead of showing some patience he tried a banzai move
just foolish

Garry Walker

was on a very fast lap and could have gone another 2 or 3 laps to jump kimi, then a slow pit stop 1.1 seconds slower than button?

this is ridiculous

Maybe they knew something more than than you know. He wouldn't have jumped Kimi anyway, because Kimi was on new tyres and clear road and LH would have been slower than him.

andyone
another disappointing pit for Hamilton.. oooh Dear :eek:

Garry Walker
perez way to ambitious, hamilton and he were catching kimi at a tremendous pace and instead of showing some patience he tried a banzai move
just foolish

Do you watch some other race? He didn't attempt to pass Lewis, he was just caught out by LH a little bit.

Malbec
7th October 2012, 07:38

this is ridiculous

He'll pass Kimi, the Lotus is on softs this stint and Lewis is having no difficulty staying with him on hards.

Koz
7th October 2012, 07:41
He'll pass Kimi, the Lotus is on softs this stint and Lewis is having no difficulty staying with him on hards.

Yeah, it's a shame they just displayed it on screen that Kimi was on the HARDS now.
They should be getting this king of thing right.

Malbec
7th October 2012, 07:45
Massa seriously quick today, Vettel and him are in a league of their own.

N4D13
7th October 2012, 07:48
I'm wondering why we haven't seen Kimi's onboard camera for the first turn incident with Alonso. As much as it looks like it was Alonso's fault for squeezing Kimi off the track, I'd rather look at Kimi's onboard footage and check. It was funny that we got shots from several other drivers' cars, but not from Räikkönen's. Why?

Oh, by the way - in a certain manner, Alonso was kind of lucky today. Had someone T-boned him when he was going the wrong direction into turn 2, we might be talking about a really nasty accident (Zanardi?).

truefan72
7th October 2012, 07:49
they better not bring hamilton in he is flying right now. it would be poor strategy again

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 07:51
Bieber has saved tyres through the stint, now he is increading the pace a little bit - 1 second faster than Massa.
Crazy pace by Red Bull proving even more how good their car is. The fact that neither RB driver is leading the WDC shows just how stupid and incompetent those two have been this season, disgraceful.

Malbec
7th October 2012, 07:52
Do you watch some other race? He didn't attempt to pass Lewis, he was just caught out by LH a little bit.

Perez to Sky, "I was caught out trying to overtake Lewis"

truefan72
7th October 2012, 07:53
now about .8 seconds faster than kimi in sector 1.
push hamilton, push

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:54
As much as it looks like it was Alonso's fault for squeezing Kimi off the track,

It was Alonso's fault for squeezing/only giving just enough room.
And Kimi's fault for nicking his rear tyre.
Racing incident, very unfortunate.

:(

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 07:55
Perez to Sky, "I was caught out trying to overtake Lewis"

Well, it sure didn't look like an overtaking move, rather a move to avoid ramming LH in the back.

truefan72
7th October 2012, 07:55
WTF they bring hamilton in again, despite setting best sector 1 and 2 times, what the hell is this??????

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 07:57
WTF they bring hamilton in again, despite setting best sector 1 and 2 times, what the hell is this??????
they obviously need you as head engineer :p

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 07:58

Jesus, you must be filling the stupid quota of posts today.
Had they not brought in LH, they would have gotten stuck behind KR after pitting. Now they are ahead of him. KR on new tyres would have been much faster than LH on old tyres despite setting green times.
Think a little.

F1boat
7th October 2012, 07:58
Now the situation for McLaren is not so bad as it looked at the beginning. They will get solid points.

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 07:59
they obviously need you as head engineer :p
They would lose to go-karts then.

N4D13
7th October 2012, 08:00
It was Alonso's fault for squeezing/only giving just enough room.

:(
Well, if it's just enough room, that's typical Alonso and I couldn't blame him for that - it's fair game. However, my first impression was that he actually gave Kimi a bit less than that.

AndyL
7th October 2012, 08:04

Clearly they had to react to Raikkonen pitting.

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 08:04
Well, if it's just enough room, that's typical Alonso and I couldn't blame him for that - it's fair game. However, my first impression was that he actually gave Kimi a bit less than that.

only a little bit less :p
As I saw it, the tag came well after the proper squeezing part, where Kimi actually put a wheel in the sand.
Avoidable by both parties, very unfortunate for one party, racing incident...

truefan72
7th October 2012, 08:05
question should button let hamilton pass to maximize points?

F1boat
7th October 2012, 08:06

I don't think so, Jenson is mathematically with a chance to win and he won't go to Mercedes next season.

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 08:07

First sensible thing you have said today.

steveaki13
7th October 2012, 08:07
Mclaren dont stop drivers racing until one is mathematically out of the running, which with Alonso retiring is not the case. Unless different strategy which I doubt

Garry Walker
7th October 2012, 08:08
I don't think so, Jenson is mathematically with a chance to win and he won't go to Mercedes next season.

LOL.
Button is so far behind he has no chance. McLaren would be stupid not to put team orders in.

AndyL
7th October 2012, 08:10

They would only be giving Hamilton 2 points, and it would mean Button giving up the chance to catch Kobayashi on newer tyres at the end of the race, so I'd say definitely not at this point.

truefan72
7th October 2012, 08:12
live timing is not working :(

F1boat
7th October 2012, 08:13
Lotus lost pace :(

Koz
It's working now, but 3 laps too slow...

donKey jote
Button is having none of it ;)

truefan72
7th October 2012, 08:14
They would only be giving Hamilton 2 points, and it would mean Button giving up the chance to catch Kobayashi on newer tyres at the end of the race, so I'd say definitely not at this point.

2 points might decide a championship though

but Button is pulling away

oh well

steveaki13
7th October 2012, 08:16
Button is trying hard to get a podium. No point to back off and let Lewis past.

Constructors is important too.

i_max2k2
7th October 2012, 08:17
Speeds coverage is truly awesome, 6+ mins of ads :(

F1boat
7th October 2012, 08:19

Wow, that's worse than RTL.

F1boat
7th October 2012, 08:26
Michael is fighting till the end...

steveaki13
7th October 2012, 08:27
Michael is fighting till the end...

Proffesional & Legend.

F1boat
7th October 2012, 08:29
Jenson or Kamui?

Koz
7th October 2012, 08:29
I hope Vettel loses his alternator it for being such a douchebag. :D

AndyL
7th October 2012, 08:30
"Be careful" :D

Koz
7th October 2012, 08:30
Come on Kobayashi!!

F1boat
7th October 2012, 08:31
Yess, baby!

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 08:31
well done Massa and Koba :D

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 08:32
woo yes baby :mad: :dozey:

andyone
7th October 2012, 08:32
AMEN! at last its over well done to Kobayashi at home. how nice

donKey jote
7th October 2012, 08:33
Massa P2 - stoopid alonso :mad: :dozey:

F1boat
Great job for Kamui Kobayashi and awesome for Felipe, first podium since 2010, if I am not mistaken.

Malbec
well done Massa and Koba :D

Yeah fantastic result for both, hope it helps both of them keep their seats!

steveaki13
He'll be poking you with that finger soon Donkey as well

AndyL
7th October 2012, 08:37
Vettel is a happy boy - gets out of his car in Parc Ferme and sees two guys next to him who are no threat in the championship.

A FONDO
7th October 2012, 09:05
The race was a bit lazy for me, maybe partly because I woke up that early but also this track requires better driving and overtake skills than the 20-meters wide and flowing Tilke's ones. Whatever. Korea is next.

zako85
7th October 2012, 10:28
Kobayashi and Massa drove well. However, I'd give Kabayashi an edge here as he was under pressure from Button while Massa had a good lead on Kobayashi to worry about him. (This lead on Kabayashi was a courtesy of Ricciardo's car that slowed Kobayashi for some time as Koba tried to pass it right after exiting the pits. If Kobayashi exited in front of Ricciardo, he could have finished 2nd).

truefan72
7th October 2012, 13:23

that's why I stopped watching speed and went online
i like the team the the ads and 5 minute delay are too much to bare
and in qualy it is like a 10 minute delay

gloomyDAY
7th October 2012, 19:31
This is why I think Alonso is such a cry baby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH4CHXCuWnM&feature=plcp). He's trying to blame Kimi for the first corner incident!

Alonso crept towards the left-side of the track and made contact with Kimi.

kfzmeister
9th October 2012, 16:50
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/488021_10151148127774123_1419976631_n.jpg
"Didn't we tell you to wait for Fernando"!

truefan72
9th October 2012, 20:32
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/488021_10151148127774123_1419976631_n.jpg
"Didn't we tell you to wait for Fernando"!

funny
und auch echt wahr

The Black Knight
11th October 2012, 10:01
Turns out Hamilton had a suspension issue in Japan which was the cause of his handling problems:McLaren says Hamilton had a suspension issue in the Japanese GP - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103277)

kfzmeister
12th October 2012, 04:32
that's why I stopped watching speed and went online
i like the team the the ads and 5 minute delay are too much to bare
and in qualy it is like a 10 minute delay

I heard a rumor that the SPEED F1 crew gets the ax this January. :(