PDA

View Full Version : Rockingham

chicken george
21st September 2012, 19:44
Could anyone tell me if BMW own Rockingham race track ?

Tixy54
23rd September 2012, 17:55
They used to, I don't know if they still do but I don't think so, I think it's owned privately now but Corby District Council should be able to tell you.

Good luck with the search.

Tixy54
23rd September 2012, 18:00
I thought that young Aaron Smith drove a brilliant third race from fourth on the grid. Mr Plato said previously that he thought Aaron shouldn't be in this class, I think Aaron has proved himself worthy of being in this class.

Anybody else have a view on this?

I general I thought that todays racing was conducted in the right "Spirit of the Sport".

(Especially because the Honda team won twice)

Rugman2298
23rd September 2012, 19:36
Rockingham is owned by a devlopment company now

BDunnell
23rd September 2012, 20:26
Good, sensible racing today. The odd incident but nothing malicious.

chicken george
23rd September 2012, 22:35
Rockingham is owned by a devlopment company now

Thanks for that, the only reason i asked was that i overheard a conversation stating that BMW was selling Rockingham as it was a "white elephant" around there neck. ( Sounds like BMW has already sold it )Then i heard it was being demolished to put a ring road in around Corby..... Does anyone know if there is any truth in this ?

Rugman2298
24th September 2012, 22:27
The ring road is going through the car park area with business parks (half of the road is already there.)

Rugman2298
24th September 2012, 22:31
Dont no if bmw ever owned it think they may have leased it, but it was sold it about 5years ago for £1.00 and all the debt.