PDA

View Full Version : Jake Humphries to leave F1

bontebempo
19th September 2012, 02:01
BBC Sport - Jake Humphrey to leave BBC for BT Vision (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19635534)

Gutted! I have to say he is great and love the rapport he has with the F1 teams.

gloomyDAY
19th September 2012, 06:45
Well, can't blame the guy. Have to focus on the family first.

Baby + travelling = stress

The Black Knight
19th September 2012, 08:30
It's a real shame. He's the best presenter I have ever seen for F1. No one on the Sky panel can touch him. I love the way he got up to speed with F1 so quickly and controlled everything exactly as it should be. Fantastic TV host and I look forward to watching him with Premier league coverage.

The Black Knight
19th September 2012, 09:56
I made my opinions on this known in the original discussion contained on the BBC thread.

I don't usually go out of my way to watch football, but I'm assuming he is going to BT which is a subscription channel? If thats the case, I probably won't see anything he does if thats the case. He'll just be another Martin Brundle who disappeared off the F1 coverage and someone I missed at first but quickly realised there are other people capable of doing the same job just as well. I do respect his decision to step away from F1 for his new family though, whereas I didn't respect Brundles decision to chase the money and present to a minority audience.

Good luck to Jake. :up: :)

I really can't blame Martin for switching. He wanted to be commentating to the mass audiences. He has plenty of money already so I doubt that's really an issue for him.

Malbec
19th September 2012, 10:41
I really can't blame Martin for switching. He wanted to be commentating to the mass audiences. He has plenty of money already so I doubt that's really an issue for him.

As mentioned Martin didn't switch to reach a wider audience as BBC have majority market share in the UK and sells its broadcast to other countries. He was attracted by better pay and by the increased scope to do supporting filming for the races like special features to describe the technology.

Shame about Humphrey, I think he's a good all round presenter, very versatile and can be knowledgable. Anyone who can keep EJ in check deserves a medal!

penagate
20th September 2012, 03:15
As mentioned Martin didn't switch to reach a wider audience as BBC have majority market share in the UK and sells its broadcast to other countries.

Sky also sell their commentary feed — we get it on Ten/One in Australia. I haven't been able to find a definitive list of which broadcasters receive the BBC feed and which receive Sky.

Brundle did say the switch wasn't about money. If I remember correctly he simply wanted to cover all of the races live.