PDA

View Full Version : Monza - Driver of the race

truefan72
9th September 2012, 14:38
Perez and sauber strategist for sure, but Perez did outdrive this car and was awesome
Hamilton for a flawless drive!

Honorable mention, MSC and Senna...cough...Massa...cough

N4D13
9th September 2012, 14:40
Seriously, I can't look past Pérez for this. Both Hamilton and Alonso did brilliant races, but Pérez was the star of the race by a country mile. His pace on the last laps was absolutely crazy - not just 1-1.5 seconds faster than the cars in front, but he also was way faster than Kamui for most of the race. It was absolutely crazy stuff, and he earned a well-deserved place on the podium. You've got to wonder what would have happened if he had cared to fight to hold Hamilton behind him before his first pitstop, rather than letting him through easily.

A FONDO
9th September 2012, 14:42
I'll scratch them quickly before I get lostin so much action :D

Perez for his great management of tyres and pace and overtaking the engine supplier. And Kimi before that, not on the straights but on the narrow chickanes.
Hamilton for his faultless performance.

aaand the mules :D

Vettel for leading a faster driver out of the track frustrated by his own inability to drive.
Webber for general contribution :D
India team for ruining Hulkenberg's eventual great weekend.
Di Resta for gaining only one place overall after so many retirements, with a car that had a potential for a podium.
Ferrari's strategy management - no need to explain.
Vergnes, Dambrosio.... completely ignorance.

donKey jote
9th September 2012, 14:44
Perez for his last laps :up:
Alo for his first laps :up:

ArrowsFA1
9th September 2012, 14:45
Hamilton was flawless, but Perez gets my vote.

Garry Walker
9th September 2012, 14:47
Hamilton and Perez were both excellent.
Also, Kimi had a very good race and salvaged the maximum amount of points possible with that car, which obviously didn't suit Monza.

steveaki13
9th September 2012, 15:30
Driver of the Race:

Sergio Perez - Drove a brilliant strategic race, he kept calm and managed his tyres well. His passes on the Ferrari's at the end were a product of his great drive earlier in the race, as DRS and tyre wear made the passes quite simple. But he got that reward after his fantastic drive earlier. As well as that his passes on Kimi were brilliant.

Other Mentions:

Hamilton - Any other day Lewis wins hands down, drove a brilliant calm race for the win.

Alonso - A fine drive early to recover from 10th to 5th, then done all he could with Massa's help to increase the championship lead.

Massa- He done a better job than result shows, he deserved a podium really, but the Sauber stratgey and understandable Ferrari switch meant 4th. Still one of his best drives for a while.

Raikkonen - Drove valliantly with a slower than normal Lotus to score points.

Schumi & Nico - Didn't do a brilliant job, but considering the Mercedes eats tyres they drove quite well for 6th and 7th having to two stop.

Pic - Yet again outperformed Glock and set faster race lap. Good job

Karthikeyan - Never thought I'd write Narain in DotD, but he had one of his best weekends of the season. Out qualified Pedro, and raced ahead of him the first half of the race. Pedros class told in the end, but ony finished 13-15 seconds odd behind I think. Overall for him a good job this weekend.

fandango
9th September 2012, 15:33
Pérez ...You've got to wonder what would have happened if he had cared to fight to hold Hamilton behind him before his first pitstop, rather than letting him through easily.

Yeah, I thought he let Ham through too easily, but even the commentators were saying "well, this isn't his fight". It could have been. Perhaps it's the case that Sauber just lack that ambition...

A FONDO
9th September 2012, 15:39
I agree it was not his fight. He could've only wear his tyres more than needed just to slow Ham for a couple of laps. Being smart pays its toll, obviously.

wedge
9th September 2012, 15:57
No contest

Perez

F1boat
9th September 2012, 16:19
Perez :)

Tazio
9th September 2012, 16:25
The Boss and Fred had excellent races, but this one goes to Perez hands down.

driveace
9th September 2012, 16:40
Perez ,just where did pace come from in the last few laps?Hamilton for a good start and controlling the race from the front too .Button? Well I always feel with Button ,if he is 1st in to the first corner,then he does well,but when he drops back a bit he loses interest.I know it was a fuel pick up problem today,but with a car that costs millions to built,should they not be bulletproof?

DexDexter
9th September 2012, 18:44
Perez, a special mention to Kimi who drove the wheels off his underpowered Lotus.

Knock-on
9th September 2012, 23:45
Hamilton was imperious all weekend and Checo capitalised on a superb strategy as a top flight driver should. Quite a few happy Mexicans I spoke to today.

They both deserve the accolade.

The Black Knight
10th September 2012, 08:50
Hamilton and Perez. Great stuff from Sergio. Flawless as well from Hamilton. There are some great drivers on the grid at the moment. It's great to see. I think MSC deserves some credit. He had a great race this weekend and last weekend as well. He has been the better driver of the two Mercedes for the last two races. He was sublime in Spa last weekend. 6-6 on qualifying with Nico this year so far. Not bad at all for an old timer. Personally, I hope he doesn't retire as he is getting better and better the whole time.

kfzmeister
11th September 2012, 18:08
James Allen's readers voted Perez as Driver of the race. By a mile! :D
What surprised me a little bit is that second to Perez was Alonso. He edged out Hamilton by just a few votes. Were Allen's readers mostly Spanish and Italian, too? :D Noteworthy to mention that Perez beat his teammate by 43 seconds to second place!
Italian Grand Prix (http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2012/09/italian-grand-prix-%E2%80%93-who-was-your-driver-of-the-day/)