PDA

View Full Version : Chase

Joose
9th September 2012, 06:30
What a nail biter! Gordon's in heck yeah!

Alexamateo
9th September 2012, 15:00
Richmond was one of the most bizarre races I have ever seen. With all of the rain affecting various strategies, the field was jumbled so much that the guy with the most dominant car finished 18th, and Clint Bowyer won indirectly because he and Montoya got into each other cutting Bowyer's tire causing him to spin. That led to them getting out front because of being off the pit cycle of the others to be out front and his driving to save enough fuel not to have to pit again in the long green-flag run to the end. I was sure he was going to run out, but alas, no.

djparky
9th September 2012, 20:05
what a fascinating race- one of the most interesting of the entire year. Really pleased to see Gordon in the Chase- but am also a Kyle B supporter so disappointed to see him lose out- although the expression on his face at the end was priceless- imagine that Coach Gibbs was going to get an earful.

I'm supporting Hamlin, Gordon and Kane

call_me_andrew
10th September 2012, 01:56
The points are so close this year! It's like NASCAR throws away any difference between how two top-10 drivers perform just to make everything appear more competitive than it really is.

Nem14
16th September 2012, 02:23
NASCAR is an entertainment company.

call_me_andrew
16th September 2012, 02:45
So is the NFL, but they don't use halftime at the Super Bowl to give the losing team make-up points.

Alexamateo
16th September 2012, 03:55
Andrew, your analogy does not hold. No the NFL does not give makeup points at half time, but they do give teams that don't even win their division a second chance. Some of those teams have gone on to win the championship over teams who had much better records during the regular season

MAX_THRUST
26th September 2012, 00:33
Have never unserstood the chase, think it sucks. I just don't see how it is more exciting than the season just running its course like indy cars F1 and every other series. Stupid idea, and i always loose interest in it at this time of year as NFL is back on tele. Yet I think the knock out stages in the NFL works well....go figure. Just because its good for ball sports does not mean it works for racing. What about the other 33 drivers out there. suddenly they don't count.

speedsville
26th September 2012, 17:57
Have never unserstood the chase, think it sucks. I just don't see how it is more exciting than the season just running its course like indy cars F1 and every other series. Stupid idea, and i always loose interest in it at this time of year as NFL is back on tele. Yet I think the knock out stages in the NFL works well....go figure. Just because its good for ball sports does not mean it works for racing. What about the other 33 drivers out there. suddenly they don't count.

Absolutely no way can the chase champion be compared to the Series Champion of old.

Stewart proved that for sure last year; stumbles into the chase and has 5 good races and 5 other OK races and barley edges out the
guy who should be Champion.