PDA

View Full Version : Luca Filippi

GRW1983
8th September 2012, 21:01
Just a quick note to say that maybe some IndyCar teams missed a trick by not running Luca Filippi. The guy couldn't get an IndyCar ride for this season, so has gone back to Europe and joined Coloni in GP2 for the season finale at Monza. And, after 12 months out of a single-seater cockpit, he won today first time out. Pretty impressive stuff & if Coloni are to join IndyCar's ranks in the future, then signing Luca Filippi seems like a no-brainer to me.

FIAT1
12th September 2012, 15:53
I don't know,but one would think if he was that great ,that he would be picked up by some F1 team already.

GRW1983
12th September 2012, 20:47
I suppose whether it's F1 or IndyCar, it still boils down to money. But, the point I was trying to make was winning after 12 months out of a single-seater cockpit was impressive. The guy has talent & wants to prove it to a higher level than GP2, be it F1 or IndyCar.

Nikki Katz
12th September 2012, 22:04
It did take him a long time to get to that level (not that Valsecchi was much quicker), but yes he was somehow the class of the field last week despite being out of racing for some time. He's not of the same level as some of the GP2 F1 graduates, but he's easily better than Conway, Viso and Jakes. I hope there's enough cars & engines for him to have a shot next year. Mind you, I'd still like to see Pantano and Carroll.

heliocastroneves#3
13th September 2012, 15:11
Being a good driver in GP2, doesn't make you an IndyCar star doh..

call_me_andrew
16th September 2012, 02:42
I couldn't figure out why Filippi wasn't in F1 this year.

Mekola
16th September 2012, 17:18
Filippi is an excellent relationship in Coloni, in order to get that IndyCar drive for 2013.

Nikki Katz
22nd September 2012, 18:33
I hope that today's race doesn't count against him too much. He got pole but made a bad start and seemed to over-use his tyres to get position back. When they were gone he just overdrove the car, ending in an accident that's ruled him out of tomorrow's race too (Coloni's last in the series). Shame, he's a lot better than that normally!

GRW1983
22nd September 2012, 20:23
I hope that today's race doesn't count against him too much. He got pole but made a bad start and seemed to over-use his tyres to get position back. When they were gone he just overdrove the car, ending in an accident that's ruled him out of tomorrow's race too (Coloni's last in the series). Shame, he's a lot better than that normally!
I'd imagine if Coloni are to enter into the IndyCar series, then Luca Filippi would come too.

SoCalPVguy
23rd September 2012, 11:18
Please tell me how Luca Filippi puts people in the sears or eyeballs on the TV

GRW1983
23rd September 2012, 17:30
Point taken. But still, it doesn't mean he couldn't do a good job in IndyCar, given the opportunity.

jarrambide
24th September 2012, 00:52
Please tell me how Luca Filippi puts people in the sears or eyeballs on the TV

Right now, I don't think any driver will put peopke on the seats or eyeballs on TV, maybe Alonso, or Vettel, but that will not happen, if the guy is a very good driver, which he is in my opinion, any Indy team would be lucky to have him.