PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Calendar

J4MIE
8th September 2012, 17:30
Just wondering if anyone knows when the dates for next year will be announced? Google is not much help, will it be decided at the next WMSC meeting?

With the change of engines for 2014 I'm looking at going to a race or two, and want to book flights when they are still cheap.....

Any help appreciated as always! :)

Mark
8th September 2012, 18:08
Dunno but it's usually a provisional calendar before the end of the season.

If you like living life on the edge; established races are usually on the same weekend as the previous year; but then only Monaco never moves.

J4MIE
8th September 2012, 18:59
I don't mind living on the edge but as the cheap flights are non changeable and non refundable I'd prefer to make sure - initial plan is to treat my sister to a trip to Australia as it's our 30th birthday next year and she's always fancied going but wouldn't get around to it otherwise.

Website currently shows as 14-17 March* (provisional date)

Will have to wait for it I guess :(

Mark
8th September 2012, 20:07
I'd say if that's the provisional date it's 95% it will happen then.

philipbain
17th September 2012, 14:09
With the change of engines for 2014 I'm looking at going to a race or two

Why would the change in engine formula make you want to see a race next season? The real lament in terms of spectacle should have been when the engines changed to the current formula as the 3 litre V10 cars were both faster and sounded better than the homologated to hell 2.4 litre V8 formula. At least with the 1.6 V6 turbo formula the cars should be ultimately more powerful with a bucket load more torque, the current engines really are gutless screamers, making the vast majority of thier power in a narrow band at the top of the rev range and comparitively little below that. Also when it comes to noise it'll great to hear the more muffled and throaty note of the turbos rather than the deafening scream of the current engines, though I agree for the man on the street the sheer volume of the noise is part of f1's shock and awe factor. Still, i'd be more interested in attending a GP in 2014 and beyond to experience the new generation up close and personal having already experienced the 3l V10 and 2.4 V8 engined cars up close and personal.

Koppomsbo
19th September 2012, 07:13
Website currently shows as 14-17 March* (provisional date)

Is this F1 website or?

J4MIE
22nd September 2012, 15:47
Why would the change in engine formula make you want to see a race next season? The real lament in terms of spectacle should have been when the engines changed to the current formula as the 3 litre V10 cars were both faster and sounded better than the homologated to hell 2.4 litre V8 formula. At least with the 1.6 V6 turbo formula the cars should be ultimately more powerful with a bucket load more torque, the current engines really are gutless screamers, making the vast majority of thier power in a narrow band at the top of the rev range and comparitively little below that. Also when it comes to noise it'll great to hear the more muffled and throaty note of the turbos rather than the deafening scream of the current engines, though I agree for the man on the street the sheer volume of the noise is part of f1's shock and awe factor. Still, i'd be more interested in attending a GP in 2014 and beyond to experience the new generation up close and personal having already experienced the 3l V10 and 2.4 V8 engined cars up close and personal.

I see your point, but I am not addicted to F1 (have watched on and off for years, could easily forget that a race is on, have got up at 3am to watch Australian races live in the past, but I rarely come into F1 on here) and have no idea about mechanics or engines or whatnot (just ask Daniel :p : ). I guess you could compare the changes to S2000 / 1.6t WRC cars and I know which of those I prefer.

It's not just the change of engines that is the only reason I want to go - I've never been to an F1 race before and want to experience what it's like. Like a lot of other stuff, I'd much prefer to go out there and see/hear it first hand rather than sit watching it on tv all the time. The travel, location, local food etc of whatever race is all part of the excitement to me. Me and my twin sister turn 30 next year so I want to do something out of the normal.

Is this F1 website or?

It is on the Australian GP website :)