PDA

View Full Version : Which website do you follow F1 news on?

N4D13
7th September 2012, 14:42
Hi everyone. Since Autosport only allows me to read 50 free articles every month, I'm often finding myself without a nice source of F1 news. I usually read PlanetF1 before, but sometimes it's poor and rather biased, if you ask me. So I'm curious - which websites do you visit whenever you want to read news about F1? ;)

kfzmeister
7th September 2012, 15:15
Hi everyone. Since Autosport only allows me to read 50 free articles every month, I'm often finding myself without a nice source of F1 news. I usually read PlanetF1 before, but sometimes it's poor and rather biased, if you ask me. So I'm curious - which websites do you visit whenever you want to read news about F1? ;)

James Allen and his Tweets link. Best site for all the latest.

N4D13
7th September 2012, 16:09
James Allen and his Tweets link. Best site for all the latest.
I've never tried Twitter, but I'll have to give it a try. Thank you very much! ;)

Tazio
7th September 2012, 16:49
NewsNow: F1 News | Formula One News | Every Source, Every Five Minutes, 24/7 (http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Formula+One)

AndyL
7th September 2012, 17:35
Mainly James Allen, occasionally BBC Sport, Autosport or the official F1 site. I never use PlanetF1, they publish too much nonsense.

A FONDO
7th September 2012, 17:38
Autosport of course but its all motorsports related. From the F1 dedicated i follow only the f1fanatic. And one facebook page I found recently.

F1boat
7th September 2012, 17:53
Autosport and PlanetF1

donKey jote
7th September 2012, 20:45
Pitpass :andrea: :p

CNR
8th September 2012, 00:03
use google and press news on the left side

inimitablestoo
8th September 2012, 09:08
I stick with Autosport, but sneakily split my readership between this computer (the main one), the back-up computer, the laptop and my office computer so they can't tell I'm going beyond the 50 story limit... ;) Or I'll look at the headlines on there and then go elsewhere to read the story - crash.net usually have some interesting stories, even if they're heavy on supposition and rumour, or (outside F1) official championship websites tend to have whatever I'm after.

pino
8th September 2012, 09:12
Autosprint, BBC Sport...and this Forum :p :

Tazio
8th September 2012, 10:12
For technical info Scarbs f1.....dog! :dog: :bandit:

ScarbsF1.com | Everything Technical in F1 (http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/)

Dave B
9th September 2012, 12:12
I use twitter in a similar way to an RSS feed, and maintain a list of useful F1 tweeters (see the link in my sig).

fandango
9th September 2012, 15:29
I use Google reader primarily, which gets the RSS feed from many different sites. It's a quick way to scan the headlines and "mark as read" when the content is obvious from the headline itself. I also have a dedicated list on Twitter, but I find I can't quickly scan the articles there the way I can on Google Reader.

jarrambide
10th September 2012, 01:00
When I watch races live (since I live in the US, European races are at 7 AM local time, I usually get up at 9 AM, I DVR the races and watch them at 9 AM without ads, non European races I watch live, I hate to watch races more than a couple of hours later), I have my twitter account with me, you usually get a lot of info from all the scuderias, lots of strategy prior and during the race, well, the strategy that anyone can find out by him/herself, but with twitter you don't have to, it is there for you.

Twitter is very useful if you are into news from specific areas, but if you over do it and start following anything and everyone, it doesn;t work that well.

chac47
10th September 2012, 05:25
Crash.net

A FONDO
14th September 2012, 10:59
A bit offtopic but I don't know where else to ask it - has anyone hit a website with a collection of links to google maps (not google earth) showing the popular F1 tracks?

AndyL
14th September 2012, 11:27
A bit offtopic but I don't know where else to ask it - has anyone hit a website with a collection of links to google maps (not google earth) showing the popular F1 tracks?

I haven't but it seems like the sort of thing that would be a good addition to this Wikipedia page:
List of Formula One circuits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_One_circuits)
You could add a location column with a Geohack co-ordinates link, like the one that's used on Wikipedia pages for cities and other geographic locations. If you start it, I'm sure others will chip in!

Just searching for the circuit name in Google maps usually gets you to the right place.

A FONDO
14th September 2012, 12:09
Yes but its quite a struggle with the artificial town/harbour tracks. I have seen links with marked routes for rally, can't believe there's not such thing for F1.

Mekola
16th September 2012, 17:14
CarAndDriverTheF1, Campeonesnet, Pitpass, Italiaracing.

rjbetty
16th September 2012, 23:48
Crash.net and planetf1.com :(