PDA

View Full Version : kimis eua rouge pass on schumi at spa 2012

lotus rules
3rd September 2012, 07:33
kimi rules! his pass on schumacher in the eua rouge, timing it for the DRS was brilliant. schumi was caught with his panties down! especially after his assh%*le (assh@*le) manuever blocking vettle on the pit entrance. if you ever wondered if schumi was an assh%*le, there you have it. he's dead weight and get rid of him for better and younger talent.

The Black Knight
3rd September 2012, 07:46
kimi rules! his pass on schumacher in the eua rouge, timing it for the DRS was brilliant. schumi was caught with his panties down! especially after his assh%*le manuever blocking vettle on the pit entrance. if you ever wondered if schumi was an assh%*le, there you have it. he's dead weight and get rid of him for better and younger talent.

Well, you're a treat.

Schumacher and Vettel's incident at the pit lane was a racing incident and Vettel admitted afterward in an interview that he probably misunderstood Schumacher's intent.

Regarding the overtaking maneuver, it wasn't as good as you think. Schumacher's missing gear troubles started around then. A gear was missed and that gave Kimi the advantage going into Eau Rouge.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Big Ben
3rd September 2012, 09:43
especially after his assh%*le (assh@*le) manuever blocking vettle on the pit entrance. if you ever wondered if schumi was an assh%*le, there you have it. he's dead weight and get rid of him for better and younger talent.

he is an a$$h01e indeed but I don't think he did anything wrong there. It was Vettel who wasn't aware Schumi was going to pit and unnecessarily forced him on the wrong side of the track.

AndyL
3rd September 2012, 12:29
I thought it was certainly better than what you think. It was a close ballsy manoeuvre by Kimi who was also suffering car issues at that point. One of the brighter moments in a particularly dull race really.

I thought it was a very entertaining race! Kimi's fight with Schumacher was one of many. Vettel had a pretty eventful first half of the race with some smart passes at the chicane. Pic and Glock had a ding-dong battle later on. I'm sure there were others that I have momentarily forgotten. Was your favourite driver wiped out at the start by any chance ;)

A FONDO
3rd September 2012, 13:08
Regarding the overtaking maneuver, it wasn't as good as you think. Schumacher's missing gear troubles started around then. A gear was missed and that gave Kimi the advantage going into Eau Rouge.

Shuy didnt lose so much velocity. Kimi deserves credit for immediately jumping at the opportunity. Not every driver would do it. Rosberg, Webber, Button would have waited for the DRS straight.

greencroft
3rd September 2012, 13:45
I thought Webber's move on Alonso was pretty special last year but Kimi's pass on Michael S beat it in my opinion.

AndyL
3rd September 2012, 14:30
PS: If you read my other comments on the race I have said Vettel was equal driver of the race with Button, and I enjoyed seeing his overtakes. I don't have to agree it was a brilliant race though and apologies if that is something you can't come to terms with Andy. Not really my problem though.

Some posters on here seem to have difficulty coming to terms with the fact that others can have different opinions, but I'm not one of them. You are of course just as free to disagree with my view of the race, as I am with yours!

wedge
3rd September 2012, 14:49
A great move.

Eau Rouge has one line, the guy on the inside generally has the right of way.

But I can the detractors POV. Kimi blew by Schumi as if it was Kimi driving a Merc AMG passing a Renault on the Autobahn.

Plenty of 'great' overtaking moves are because the guy being overtaken is at a disadvantage to some degree.

The Black Knight
3rd September 2012, 14:51
I thought it was certainly better than what you think. It was a close ballsy manoeuvre by Kimi who was also suffering car issues at that point. One of the brighter moments in a particularly dull race really.

I agree but it wasn't as good as Webbers on Alonso last year.

Shuy didnt lose so much velocity. Kimi deserves credit for immediately jumping at the opportunity. Not every driver would do it. Rosberg, Webber, Button would have waited for the DRS straight.

Agreed he deserves credit just not as much as Mark last year. Yes, Schumi did lose quite a bit of speed but that's neither here nor there really.

Tazio
3rd September 2012, 14:55
Well, you're a treat.

Regarding the overtaking maneuver, it wasn't as good as you think.
Schumacher's missing gear troubles started around then. A gear was missed and that gave Kimi the advantage going into Eau Rouge.

I like Kimi and it was a good fully commited pass, but I totally agree with Black Knight, and would add that they just came out of a local yellow flag area, Kimi had only 3 or 4 laps on his tires. Mikes were so shot that he pitted a lap or two later and abandoned what they wanted to be a one stopper. On top of that Kimi was probably running the most rear wing of the entire field, plus he was clearly ahead of Mike going down the hill and Kimi was easily on the racing line going into Eua Rouge. A very good move but nothing to get a hard-on about ;)

kfzmeister
3rd September 2012, 16:27
Doc, you have, without a doubt, the worst nicknames for F1 drivers! Mike? WTF? Lmao
Anyway, that move on Schumacher was just as ballsy as Webber's on Alonso. No more, no less.
It is worthy mentioning that Schumacher lost 6th gear. I'm not sure what gear they take through there, but i imagine that it might be 6th gear, so that would seriously fu*k up your momentum through there....Jus sayn.

Bagwan
3rd September 2012, 16:29
Ran the DVR back a couple of times on that one .

Great pass , but I believe some credit goes to the shoe for having lifted .
With no lift , neither would have gotten much farther .

Kimi knew he was racing the shoe , just like when Webber knew he had Alonso beside him .

Helluvaballsy move . Nice one Kimi , and thank-you , Michael , for knowing when to lift .

Tazio
3rd September 2012, 19:16
Doc, you have, without a doubt, the worst nicknames for F1 drivers! Mike? WTF? Lmao
Anyway, that move on Schumacher was just as ballsy as Webber's on Alonso. No more, no less.
It is worthy mentioning that Schumacher lost 6th gear. I'm not sure what gear they take through there, but i imagine that it might be 6th gear, so that would seriously fu*k up your momentum through there....Jus sayn.The nicknames I use are only meant for my own amusement, you’re not the first one to tell me they suck, and you won’t be the last. :vader: :cool:
As for the move:
Run it through your DVR (which I have done numerous times), and notice that Kimi had already passed Mike the lap before only to be repast in the DRS by a guy whose tires were shot but had enough strait line speed to overtake a car that was using a very high down force rear element. So Kimi knew that he needed to try it somewhere else. Stop it right when Kimi hits the bottom of the turn. Mike is way off line on the inside and as Bag’s pointed out had conceded the position as the next two cars that came through were on the exact line that Kimi took. Having said that I still think it was the move of the race. I was simply stating that the original post was a little over the top IMO. Please feel free to hold a different opinion than me, because MO is all I'm offering. :champion:

kfzmeister
3rd September 2012, 19:42
The best shot to watch that from was the in car cam from Kimi when he is right behind Schumacher and appears to suddenly yank the wheel to the left and passes him. It looks to me like he was suprised and didn't really intend to pass Schumacher there. Like i mentioned before, it looks like Schumacher looses momentum due to his 6th gear missing and the opportunity just presented itself.

Zico
3rd September 2012, 22:39
Well, you're a treat.

Schumacher and Vettel's incident at the pit lane was a racing incident and Vettel admitted afterward in an interview that he probably misunderstood Schumacher's intent.

Sky went through that incident with a fine toothcomb after the race and it turns out that Vettel wasn't actually that near Mike at the moment it looked like Seb had taken evasive action to avoid a collision. The truth is that Vettel was actually going to pit but when Mike pulled over into the pitlane just in front of him he knew he had to do the opposite and at such short notice almost spun in the process.

Spot on...

fandango
5th September 2012, 10:46
I thought it was the pass of the season. Great driving from Kimi. In the past I thought he seemed to lose interest during races when it was clear he wasn't going to win. Now he really looks like he's enjoying it all the time.

A lot of the nastiness in racing has gone from F1 for the moment. All the drivers look like they're really giving it loads and having fun racing. It's a lot less cynical, with a lot less bitching. I don't know why, exactly, and I've no doubt that it'll come back some day. I thought the Belgian GP was wonderful to watch.

For that reason I try not to use a thread like this to diss a good (and one-time great) F1 champion, even though he's never been my favourite driver.

SGWilko
5th September 2012, 13:05
and thank-you , Michael , for knowing when to lift .

I doubt the Shoe lifted, more likely he was discovering what a sick gearbox does when it first shows signs of throwing a gear.......

The Black Knight
5th September 2012, 14:07
I doubt the Shoe lifted, more likely he was discovering what a sick gearbox does when it first shows signs of throwing a gear.......

Yep, I was riding on board Schumacher with Sky active at the time and it was evident straight away from onboard that he had an issue. Everyone else was flat out through there and suddenly his car seemed to lose it's acceleration and Kimi passed. I can see why when looking at it from the outside it looks better than it actually was though. Unfortunately, I haven't got to see a replay of it onboard but it was an opportunistic and, as already said, ballsy move by Kimi but would not have happened were it not for Schumacher's woes.

Bagwan
5th September 2012, 14:11

Would he not already have been in top gear by then , after the run down the hill ?
Usually , gear issues will show up when one is shifting , no ?

SGWilko
5th September 2012, 14:26
Would he not already have been in top gear by then , after the run down the hill ?
Usually , gear issues will show up when one is shifting , no ?

Probably, had the 'box been working properly.......

steveaki13
5th September 2012, 21:49
It was a great move by Kimi and very brave.

The reason it came about, was because Schumi locked a break and ran wide at La source if you watch the race again and Kimi therefore had enough momentum to pull along side, he then had the better line and bravery to keep his foot in.

So those who say it was a great move by Kimi are right, but also those who say Schumi was made to look silly obviously missed the reason for the move. If he had a normal exit from La Source he would have held it through Eau Rouge and probably been passed down the straight.

Garry Walker
6th September 2012, 16:42
Well, you're a treat.

Actually, you are wrong. This move had nothing to do with gear trouble for MS. He just locked up into La Source due to his destroyed tyres, didn't get the best exit and Kimi used his chance by using KERS on MS. Otherwise, even with DRS, on the long straight, KR would not have passed MS.

kfzmeister
6th September 2012, 17:41
You can clearly see the lack of pace through Eau Rouge, even after Kimi was gone. Check out the pace of the Force India and how fast he's reeling in Schumacher. BS, whoever says Kimi passed Michael due to his slow exit of turn one or due to the tires. He would have been a lot faster through there whether worn tires or even a bad start from turn 1
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0GcthNJ1K8" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0GcthNJ1K8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0GcthNJ1K8)

steveaki13
6th September 2012, 17:57
I think it was a bit of both.

He did lock up and Kimi hjad the run on him, but of course on a clear run down the hill the Mercedes would power ahead again and so his gear issues probably added to it too.

He was so slow probably because he lifted and was off ideal line.

i_max2k2
6th September 2012, 21:23
^^ Probably the best explanation, however I don't think it had much to do with the lock up, for a few seconds from the hairpin, Kimi and his car accelerated evenly, and schumi wasn't losing ground but closer to the entry of eau rouge is when he did lose ground explaining his missing 6th gear, Kimi was much faster using his normal gearing and went past, schumi had to lift cause there wasn't an option to hold Kimi in that space, so in all it was a good pass but not as great as last year's webber Alonso pass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

P3ws
7th September 2012, 21:31
Kimi had "fresher" rubber hence better acceleration.
Shoe had old rubber hence did not want even battle it out risking both of their races.
With less grip and at those speeds shoe just made the right call not to risk it out of the optimum raceline thru eau rouge or even before it.
Was he even thinking to let Kimi pass before the drs-line to jump him again end of the strait?
Either way Kimi read the situation far better than anyone here in this forum and did that in a split second.

Id say good move.