PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the race

Robinho
2nd September 2012, 14:35
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

F1boat
2nd September 2012, 14:37
Jenson, I think, he is driver of the whole weekend, demolished rivals today and yesterday. Vettel drove very well today as well, shame about qualifying, he could have fought for the win if not so bad yesterday. Today however he fought like a lion. Kimi is incredibly consistent, so he deserves a mention as well.

Robinho
2nd September 2012, 14:37
Has to be Button, controlled from the front, 1 stop when most had to do 2 and the fastest 3 laps in qually, great weekend. Nice work by vettel and hulkenburg too I think

Garry Walker
2nd September 2012, 14:38
Button.

The Black Knight
2nd September 2012, 14:38
Schumacher, Jenson and Vettel. Schumacher was out-driving that Merc until he lost 6th gear and had to make an extra pitstop. Shame that Mercedes can't just seem to get it right, as driving like he did today he'd be winning GP's again.

Button drove well simply because he had the car.

Vettel did a great job to finish second from his starting position.

Boring race.

donKey jote
2nd September 2012, 14:41
Alonso, as always :)

Hawkmoon
2nd September 2012, 14:43
Vettel with and honourable mention to Massa. 14th to 5th and put one of the Red Bulls behind him. Nice job.

Zico
2nd September 2012, 14:45
Vettel for me...

Jenson put in a fantastic, faultless performance but had it relatively easy controlling the race from the front and arguably in the quickest car. Helped by a good strategy Seb just shades it by achieving a great result in a car that was pretty slow on the long straights, great drive Seb!

Robinho
2nd September 2012, 14:45
Vettel with and honourable mention to Massa. 14th to 5th and put one of the Red Bulls behind him. Nice job.

Let's not forget that 6 cars that started in front of massa were effectively taken out in turn 1, but still he did ok today

gm99
2nd September 2012, 14:46
Button did well to control the race from up front.
Vettel drove well from a low starting position and outperformed his team-mate.
Honorable mention to Hülkenberg and Massa.

donKey jote
2nd September 2012, 14:47
Vettel drove well from a low starting position and outperformed his team-mate.
Let's not forget that 6 cars that started in front of xxx were effectively taken out in turn 1, but still he did ok today
:p

Robinho
2nd September 2012, 14:48
Worth note that Button led every lap this race, 1st time this year

DexDexter
2nd September 2012, 14:55
To me Kimi and Jenson share the driver of the race honors. Kimi didn't have a good car for this race, and third place is a very good result considering their situation.

steveaki13
2nd September 2012, 14:56
Driver of the Race:

Jenson Button - Brilliant Pace yesterday and just drove away at the start, then just held it too the end.

Other Mentions:

Vettel - I think he had a great drive from 11th to 2nd. Passed people and was way faster than Webber.

Raikkonen - I actually think Kimi had a decent race a podium in a car that was not great, judging by his problems.

Hulkenberg - Brilliant drive from Nico what a great haul of points. Putting di Resta in the shade at the mo.

Massa- A decent race.

Schumacher - Had a good race, worked his way through the chaos from 13th to 5th, then passed cars upto 3rd. Outdrove his car all race with gear and tyres issues, shame he had to pit again.

Toro Rosso - A solid race and two cars in the points

MrJan
2nd September 2012, 15:02
Got to be Jenson, controlled the race beautifully from the front. Vettel had some good pace and a few good battles that needed tough passes, but it's difficult to vote against someone that's won a race so convincingly.

kfzmeister
2nd September 2012, 15:19
Did i read correctly that this was Button's first pole for McLaren???
If so, that and his race were definitely worthy of driver of the race, however Vettel's determination and shear performance in anything other than clean air, get my vote today. Massive drive.

Robinho
2nd September 2012, 15:22
If so, that and his race were definitely worthy of driver of the race, however Vettel's determination and shear performance in anything other than clean air, get my vote today. Massive drive.

Yep, 1st pole since Monaco 2009 in the Brawn. Been close a few times since but no poles

The Black Knight
2nd September 2012, 15:34

I don't really see what that has to do with it. If anything you could call it pathetic that it took him 50 races to do this considering the car he has had. Hamilton has had many poles in that time. Well done to Button for finally getting it right and he drove faultlessly but pole has nothing to do with the race.

kfzmeister
2nd September 2012, 15:44
I don't really see what that has to do with it. If anything you could call it pathetic that it took him 50 races to do this considering the car he has had. Hamilton has had many poles in that time. Well done to Button for finally getting it right and he drove faultlessly but pole has nothing to do with the race.

You absolutely MUST read more than just the first sentence! :rolleyes:

The Black Knight
2nd September 2012, 16:15
You absolutely MUST read more than just the first sentence! :rolleyes:

And I absolutely did. "If so, that and his race were definitely worthy of driver of the race"

wedge
2nd September 2012, 16:31
Kimi

Not what all the orgasms over Button are about. Had some of the nearest rivals not been wiped out it could well have been a different race. Gutted for Sauber.

tfp
2nd September 2012, 23:06
Bunson is driver of the race for me all day. If Vettel or Alonso did what Bunson did today they would have been hailed! A totaly flawless drive and well worthy of driver of the race.
Bieber also gets a mention, he knew Bunson was too far ahead to catch him, so he kept a cool head and gathered as many points as possible. Thats completely out of Vettels character :D

Mia 01
3rd September 2012, 21:46
Kimi!

tfp
3rd September 2012, 23:50
Kimi!

I was wanting him to hunt down Vettel so we could see another fight there. That RB looked a little slow at the top end!

Mekola
4th September 2012, 00:06
Bruno Senna. Fastest lap of the race was done by him.