PDA

View Full Version : Jason Plato vs Matt Neal

BTCC2
30th March 2007, 23:34
Well they're up and bitching for another year!

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=460

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=461

Harsh words from Neal, good comeback from Plato. lol

NoahsGirl
30th March 2007, 23:39
The hand bags are out already!

thompp
31st March 2007, 00:11
fantastic. its going to be a great season.

SEATFreak
31st March 2007, 09:51
Now, I love the rivalry. It is the livliest thing in the series away from the track and long may it continue till the day one of them retires. But it the comments in btcc.net is a shame when you condsider one prior comment Matt said of Jase'. Look below an article on touringcartimes.com.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1041

Whilst Matt acknowledges the car need to be in the hunt early and not bleed to many points, he admits that Jase' may well take the title.

Subaru WRX
31st March 2007, 21:51
for me Plato is stronger than Matt Neil, the Honda driver even being 2 times BTCC champion seems to be victorious only with his stron Integra car, now with a new one, the Civic Type-R we will see, how he and his team can do against Plato and Seat Sport UK

BTCC2
8th April 2007, 23:02
After Brands Hatch:

Jason Plato 2 :D
Matt Neal 1

CharlieJ
9th April 2007, 00:33
A win with a car that was only completed a week before the meeting......... never underestimate Team Dynamics. I bet Jason isn't after that performance. :eek:

SEATFreak
9th April 2007, 13:17
for me Plato is stronger than Matt Neil, the Honda driver even being 2 times BTCC champion seems to be victorious only with his stron Integra car, now with a new one, the Civic Type-R we will see, how he and his team can do against Plato and Seat Sport UK

So long as the Leon is at a track where their is more straights than corners I think the Civic may actually over time develop to have the beating of the Leon. The Civic is a brand harry spankers car so what I saw at Brands I don't think is what the car is fully capable of, but I have heard it said that though the Leon is good on corners it doesn't do the straight's well. Maybe lack of genuine pace?

But the experience SEAT has with the Leon will count for a lot.

Ian McC
9th April 2007, 13:24
It will be interesting to see how the Civic qualifies at the Rock with ballast on.

AndySpeed
9th April 2007, 16:07
Matt and Jason are too similar. They both tend to say things in an interview, then forget that they said it and contradict themselves a few weeks or months later.

It's all hot air

SEATFreak
9th April 2007, 16:49
It will be interesting to see how the Civic qualifies at the Rock with ballast on.

I think it (ballast) is more about the Leon.

Am I right in thinking, going on what I have heard from others, that the Leon is one of the heavier cars on the grid? Last I heard it has a base weight of 1140kg.

It is just going into Rockingham I see from the table that the Civic will have, if my understanding of the ballst regs is right, 36kg of ballast. But as leader, Jason's Leon will have 45.

Not only will it probably be a very heavy car but it ain't a car with great pace to begin with. Slow on the straights.

So I think the Leon will have to qualify that much better than the Civic in order to have a good chance of beating it.

nicemms
9th April 2007, 17:37
I think that Matt's win will inspire him and give him the confidence with the car to qualify well. Though with the BMWs being so quick I don't think a Seat or a Honda will be on the front row of the grid.

BTCC2
31st July 2007, 18:43
Very intersting to hear Jasons comments about Matt after race 1.

“Time and time and time and time and time again he pulls these moves, and they’re not moves they’re just talentless stuff and unfortunately he wont like me saying this but, this is the evidence we have, he’s a talentless oaf. He drives like a complete and utter anateur, just look at the video. It’s ourageous what he does, now I might be selling him short he has either lost his brakes, lost his foot, or lost his head, and I know which one it is.”

“I’ve never assaulted anyone like that, we all make little mistakes but he came from 4 yards back. I didn’t break for the first corner I just lifted off so what was he doing. That wasn’t a mistake that was just amateurish or it’s vindictive.”

He also said that he would be taking this to the stewards. Harsh words!!

Ian McC
31st July 2007, 21:01
Well, I guess these two will never get on :D

They are as bad as each other, if they don't like each others moves then take it to the stewards and leave it to them to decide.

Hazell B
1st August 2007, 00:01
.... then take it to the stewards and leave it to them to decide.

Like that works fairly :s

I saw Neal's use of Plato as a means to brake later, and thought it outright wrongness at the time. He gets away with it, though. Far too often.

Team Dynamics and their moaning/dubious tactics/unsporting behaviour are what's putting me off the sport these days more than anything. It just doesn't seem fair so much now. I turned up at every meeting when they were winning even though I'm no fan of theirs, yet now they appear to be almost running the stewards I'm not fired up at all by the sport.

It's like seeing a boxer forced to hold his hand behind his back - you just wouldn't bother watching, would you?

BDunnell
1st August 2007, 00:54
They are as bad as each other...

I agree. I thought we'd more or less seen the back of their verbals this season, but clearly I was wrong — though it hasn't been quite as regular a feature of 2007 as it has previous seasons. Neither has really dirty driving in general.

AndySpeed
1st August 2007, 12:52
The way in which Plato always seems to be trying to 'villify' Neal is getting really tiring these days. I agree that Neal's move at Snetterton was slightly over-ambitious, but there is no way that Neal is an 'amateur' racer, making Plato's comments all the more annoying (even if they are heat-of-the-moment).

I hope Jason stops with all the silly accusations soon.

ATF
1st August 2007, 16:23
Same old story....gets a bit tiresome! Plato can't talk - he's as bad as anyone!! He's not happy unless he's moaning though!

Sir Galahad
1st August 2007, 16:49
Jason Plato is so much better than Neal. Matt is just a whinger, trying to pull silly moves against Plato and then moaning to his daddy that he should have won then saying he will quit.

Rusty
1st August 2007, 18:37
Jason Plato is so much better than Neal. Matt is just a whinger, trying to pull silly moves against Plato and then moaning to his daddy that he should have won then saying he will quit.

Thank You Sir Galahad somebody with a bit of sense at last, How many years have we had to put up with Team Halfords whinging?..... To Long get on with your racing cause if Matt Raced as good as he moaned he would be the M.Scumacher of the BTCC....

Ian McC
1st August 2007, 22:45

Well your sig reveals which side of the fence you are so no bias there then.

touringlegend
1st August 2007, 23:42
They are as bad as each other, but up until now Matt Neal is always the one who think's he is whiter than white.

Also looking back at those articles from March, wasn't Dan Eaves kicked out of Dynamics for wanting to have a shot at the title.. ?

BeansBeansBeans
2nd August 2007, 00:07
Both are guilty of questionable maneuveres. Both are guilty of throwing the toys out of the pram. In that sense, they're as bad as each other.

In terms of sheer driving ability, Plato is better than Neal (in my opinion), but Neal plays to his strengths, and all credit to him. He deserved both his titles.

SEATFreak
2nd August 2007, 18:06

Though I would like to hear from anyone who has ever been in the immediate vicinity of a conversation between Mr Neal Snr. and Mr Neal Jnr. to confirm that Matt does indeed moan to to his dad to say he should have won the race and then threaten to quit, I do completely agree about Jase'. Not because I am bias - I am not. In fact I am very neutral. But because I just don't see him being the monster everyones painting seems to potray.

I heard his comment about something he didn't like the race before to the TV whilst in his Leon and it doesn't appear the demenour of someone who rants and raves. If I was a psychologist I would evaluate Jason Plato as someone who is a very calm person who after an opinion where he expresses the unprofessional conduct of a fellow driver (he seems to use "It is sad because he didn't really need to do it" alot) he is happy to let things lie and get on with racing.

Iain
2nd August 2007, 22:18
There's no rivalry at all, it's just a media-induced slanging match. Plato and Giovanardi - now that is a rivalry. Yet they have a healthy respect for eachother. The way it should be. :up:

steve_jonesuk
8th August 2007, 11:13
I can't believe the one-eyed nonsense I'm seeing from about half the people posting on this forum - the half who think Plato can do no wrong. Then the other half think he and Neal as bad as each other.
I don't have any allegiance for/against Plato or Neal, but I saw what happened at Snetterton on the telly. I rewound and rewatched until I was sure of what I'd seen. Neal was halfway past Plato and Plato swung straight across until Neal had no track left. At the time I thought "racing incident" because Plato was passing another car which might have obstructed his view of Neal's oncoming car. Then Plato did exactly the same thing to Giovanardi! Then I started checking-out some of the previous "incidents" on YouTube and they all seem to be the same!
Seriously, I'm not a racer and I might be misunderstanding racecraft. So tell me - say you're gaining on a car and you get the nose of your car so it's level with about the B pillar on the car you're trying to pass. Is it OK for that car just to swing all the way across the track towards you to the point where you've got to back off or hit the grass? Is that fair? If they did, would you hit the brakes? If you didn't hit the brakes and there was a collision, would it be your fault?
Plato seems to think this is just his ace racing tactics, then when the collision damages his car / chances too, it's all "Matt's an amateur - he should get back to stock cars blah blah grrr". Does he watch the replays? I doubt it. He's lost it big time.
I think Plato's the best driver in the BTCC in terms of sheer speed and he'll win this year's championship, deservedly in that sense.
But while you see Matt Neal in interviews (in public, at least) saying "I'm sure it was just a case of two determined people going for it" and Plato spitting his usual poison and then you guys siding with Plato... that's just not right people. Watch the footage again.

KILOHMUNNS
8th August 2007, 11:22
The thing that bugs me is the number of people who state "Neal just moans to his daddy". All drivers moan to their team managers that they should have won a race/someone elses fault etc but in this case it just happens to be his Dad!

BDunnell
8th August 2007, 13:52
So tell me - say you're gaining on a car and you get the nose of your car so it's level with about the B pillar on the car you're trying to pass. Is it OK for that car just to swing all the way across the track towards you to the point where you've got to back off or hit the grass? Is that fair?

No, it's not. It's one of my problems with the racing in the BTCC. Sometimes, I think certain drivers should be more prepared to concede a place rather than trying to defend in a way that causes a collision. What Plato did to Giovanardi at Snetterton was a prime example. I think he should have just got out of the way and let the place go. Instead, we had a collision.

SEATFreak
8th August 2007, 14:11
the B pillar on the car....

:confused:

BeansBeansBeans
8th August 2007, 15:05
Neal was not far enough alongside Plato to make the move stick. Therefore, if anyone had to concede the corner, it was Matt Neal.

As for the Giovanardi incident, I think Plato was in the wrong.

Iain
8th August 2007, 15:45
:confused:

The central door pillar on a car is called the B-pillar. The ones next to the windscreen are the A-Pillars, then there's the B in the middle and the C-Pillar next to the rear window.

PDS
8th August 2007, 18:54
The central door pillar on a car is called the B-pillar. The ones next to the windscreen are the A-Pillars, then there's the B in the middle and the C-Pillar next to the rear window.

Unless it's an estate... Then the last pillar could be a 'D' pillar! :D

NoahsGirl
13th August 2007, 19:57
Like it or love it, these two will never agree on a racing incident or what have you. Louise Goodman running from one driver to another telling tales on what the other has said doesn't help either.

SEATFreak
13th August 2007, 20:12
Unless it's an estate... Then the last pillar could be a 'D' pillar! :D

What about the new MSA Championship that's set to run next year. The British Limo Championship. Their would probably be an E-pillar and an F-pillar! :laugh:

But now I am probably taking the piss so I will shut up now and get to the point!.....

Like it or love it, these two will never agree on a racing incident or what have you.

What do you think the two are like away from the track? Do you think they are as much of rivals as in their respectice cars? Do you think they would be prepared to try to take each other off in the breakfast cereals aisle of Tesco as much as in the bombhole at Snetterton?

NoahsGirl
13th August 2007, 20:15
If it meant getting the last box of Weetabix, you never know... :D

BeansBeansBeans
13th August 2007, 20:54
Did anyone see Plato in the Guardian today? Well, let's just say, if his driving was as bad as his taste in music he'd be getting lapped by Richard Marsh.

Philippa
15th August 2007, 10:46
What were his preferences?

SEATFreak
15th August 2007, 11:47

Comparing a preference in music to being lapped by Richard Marsh I would hazzard at a rough guess The Spice Girls!! :laugh:

BeansBeansBeans
15th August 2007, 21:56

He's a big fan of Jamie Cullum.