PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about paddock access at the Austin USGP?

MAXAR RE
7th August 2012, 01:51
Howdy all! Been a while since I've posted. Regarding my topic, I have searched the interwebs and this forum to no avail, and contacting COTA is met with a "not right now, but we will let you know" canned response. Haven't attended a real race since GP of Houston in 2001 since I don't have money to travel too far or have otherwise been occupied during race weekends, and I plan to attend the USGP in Austin to cheer on Massa and Webber, but I would like to get a pit/paddock pass like I used to when I attended Champ Car races oh so long ago. Does anyone know if something like that is possible at the Austin USGP?

Thanks in advance!

ArrowsFA1
7th August 2012, 06:47
I would like to get a pit/paddock pass like I used to when I attended Champ Car races oh so long ago. Does anyone know if something like that is possible at the Austin USGP?
I don't have an answer to your question but my immediate response is access will be nothing like it was for ChampCar. Unless you have paid enormous sums of money to be a part of the F1 Paddock Club, probably by being a corporate sponsor or being an A list celebrity, then the closest you'll get to the pits/paddock is looking through a security fence.

F1 is not fan friendly in those respects. It does not welcome everyday fans into the inner circle. Sadly.

Tazio
7th August 2012, 16:25
Billy Bob and I have access to the pit lane, and paddock @ 10 am on the first day of practice that I arranged through higher ups at CotA. Their probably more of these practice access packages available. PM me if you want contact info.