PDA

View Full Version : Graham Rahal out at Gnassi

booger
2nd August 2012, 17:46
I just read on another site that Graham Rahal is out at Gnassi at the end of the season. Anybody have any other information on this?

FIAT1
2nd August 2012, 18:00
I just read on another site that Graham Rahal is out at Gnassi at the end of the season. Anybody have any other information on this?

That's weird, I hope he finds new ride and doesn't go to his father's team.

jwhite9185
2nd August 2012, 19:03
Neither him or Kimball have set the world on fire in my opinion.

Nikki Katz
2nd August 2012, 19:18
I heard rumours a little while ago that this would happen. I hope that they still keep 4 cars though if that is the case.

anthonyvop
2nd August 2012, 21:09
Depending on the source I have heard that his Service Central Sponsorship is either gone or being cut back for 2013. No Sponsorship $$$ + underwhelming results = No ride with Ganassi.

00steven
3rd August 2012, 00:48
Yeah I doubt Ganassi will keep a 4 car operation with the loss of Rahal.

Phoenixent
4th August 2012, 03:02
Yeah I doubt Ganassi will keep a 4 car operation with the loss of Rahal.

Loss of those two cars won't change the car count next year as there are others waiting for more Dallaras to be available to join Indycar. As for Rahal he has never really impressed me since his days with Newman/Hass in Champcar as he just never had the consistency required for good runs and in position to fight for a victory.

anthonyvop
4th August 2012, 04:55
Loss of those two cars won't change the car count next year as there are others waiting for more Dallaras to be available to join Indycar.

And who are these "others"? All I have heard of is Mike Shank racing and he has yet to nail down a sponsor let alone an engine supplier.
In fact there are plenty of Dallaras to be had. The problem is lack of engines.

Phoenixent
4th August 2012, 20:34
And who are these "others"? All I have heard of is Mike Shank racing and he has yet to nail down a sponsor let alone an engine supplier.

Engines are the Big problem on fielding more cars but there is still a short supply dallaras as some teams that have multi-drivers only have one back up car like Dragon and KV Racing. As for who are these other teams you are a bright boy(at least I think so) you can look it up or know who have expressed interest in the series.

anthonyvop
4th August 2012, 20:56
As for who are these other teams you are a bright boy(at least I think so) you can look it up or know who have expressed interest in the series.

I like to believe I am bright. At least bright enough to know by your response that you got nothing.

It was you who said there are "others" (plural) So it is your responsibility to back it up. Not mine to disprove you.

FIAT1
4th August 2012, 22:03
I would say it is little bit naive to think that Indycar will not have more engines available for next season.

jackmart
4th August 2012, 22:42
I just read an article that came out yesterday. Initially it said that they couldn't reach an agreement but then later it said they wanted him back but did not have the funding. They offered him to stay but couldn't promise him a car so now he is looking elsewhere. I had hoped TCG would field 3 cars and he would be at the same level as Dixon and Franchitti but looks like that will not be happening. I wonder if Kimballs sponsorship pulled through

Jag_Warrior
4th August 2012, 22:44
Since seeing both Graham and Marco Andretti years ago in lower formulas, I'm now rather shocked and saddened at how neither has amounted to much. Both seemed quick and above average. I think a couple of years in Europe, doing GP3 and GP2, would have done them both a world of good. I don't know about Marco, but didn't Graham have an opportunity to go to Europe several years back? IMO, he really should have taken it. The GP2 formula has about the same hp/weight ratio as an ICS car. And the level of talent is probably about the same (on average). But it seems much more intense and cut-throat, so I think that would have toughened him up. Not to be harsh, but both Graham and Marco strike me as sort of soft and fragile - especially Marco. They need the mental toughness that a couple of tough years in Europe would have probably given them... or broken them. Either way.

anthonyvop
5th August 2012, 02:25
I would say it is little bit naive to think that Indycar will not have more engines available for next season.

Who said that? And even if they did why is that Naive considering that no announcement has come forth from Honda, Chevy or Lotus that they will increase availability for next year.

Phoenixent
5th August 2012, 04:38
I like to believe I am bright. At least bright enough to know by your response that you got nothing.

It was you who said there are "others" (plural) So it is your responsibility to back it up. Not mine to disprove you.

Well I guess you are not as bright as you think... Mine is not to do research for those who are lazy to look it up also. That has been a problem with you and others in this forum to either prove or disprove what is said. Go Fish for it just everyone else...

jwhite9185
5th August 2012, 12:16
I had hoped TCG would field 3 cars and he would be at the same level as Dixon and Franchitti but looks like that will not be happening.

Its been done before - when PWR/PacWest folded mid 2002 and they snapped up Dixon and put him in the number 44 alongside Brack and Junqueira.

FIAT1
5th August 2012, 14:43
Originally Posted by anthonyvop

Who said that? And even if they did why is that Naive considering that no announcement has come forth from Honda, Chevy or Lotus that they will increase availability for next year.

Who said that?

I think it was you mr bright ,and little birdie told me, more engines on the way.

anthonyvop
6th August 2012, 00:46
Well I guess you are not as bright as you think... Mine is not to do research for those who are lazy to look it up also. That has been a problem with you and others in this forum to either prove or disprove what is said. Go Fish for it just everyone else...

It is up to you to find those reports. :)

If you make a claim as fact rules of debate and decorum dictates that you must be able to show evidence that it is true. Just like a criminal trial. It is up to the Accuser (Prosecution) to provide evidence that a crime happened. The defense does not

Phoenixent
6th August 2012, 04:29
There are numerous scientific studies that provide indisputable proof that people from Long Beach who use the "Phoenix" in their internet screen names will commit treason, murder and rape.

It is up to you to find those reports. :)

Your WIFE did not claim it was rape or felt it was treason but she did say it was shear Murder and she LOVED IT......

anthonyvop
6th August 2012, 14:16
Your WIFE did not claim it was rape or felt it was treason but she did say it was shear Murder and she LOVED IT......

Sad.

Phoenixent
6th August 2012, 17:35
Sad.

Sad is that you can not do your own research.......

anthonyvop
6th August 2012, 20:30

Really sad is that you throw out statements without anything to back them up with.

anthonyvop
6th August 2012, 20:33

Really sad is that you throw out statements without anything to back them up with.

BTW You stated

....there is still a short supply dallaras as some teams that have multi-drivers only have one back up car like Dragon and KV Racing.

Hmmmmmmm And yet
“I am extremely grateful to Chevrolet for making this second engine available so we can return to a full team effort in Sonoma,” said Jay Penske, owner of Dragon Racing. “When we began the season in St. Pete it was our plan to run a full season with both the No. 6 and No. 7 TrueCar Dragon Racing entries,
Legge back at Sonoma - Racer.com (http://www.racer.com/legge-back-at-sonoma/article/253480/?DCMP=EMC-RACER_DAILY&spMailingID=4599748&spUserID=MjMyNjk3MjczMgS2&spJobID=50061636&spReportId=NTAwNjE2MzYS1)

Sooooooooooo...Lets see you proof.

Phoenixent
7th August 2012, 00:40
In the lawsuit between Dragon and Lotus it states they only had the two Dallaras also the same at Indy only two cars no back ups. On IMS radio they stated that there was no bumping due to lack on spare cars as there were spare Lotus motors at the time. There is a shortage of motors due to all the change outs and rebuilds as stated in AR1. Most big team will get a new DW12 Phase II for next year as there will be some improvements in manufacturing compared to 2012 model so there will be more cars available. As for motors that is another story but that will flesh out some next year as always in every motorsport series. I did not count MSR as they already had their Dallaras in house there were other teams in ALMS looking hard at Indycar also some teams looking to expand to a two car team like RLL Racing and DR Racing for the full season.

gerkebi
8th August 2012, 20:30
I also watched Graham close up all the way from his first Formula BMW test at mid Ohio all the way through his career, including his SCCA runoffs win, a brilliant fight with Marco at mid Ohio in the Formula Mazdas, his heartbreaking second at the Indy Lights race at the USGP ( after leading the whole race until a bobble on the last lap), and his win at St Pete. I am as puzzled as anyone at his lack of results. He has immense talent. I can only hope that he lands with the kind of team that can leverage this talent into the results he deserves.

FIAT1
9th August 2012, 15:21
I also watched Graham close up all the way from his first Formula BMW test at mid Ohio all the way through his career, including his SCCA runoffs win, a brilliant fight with Marco at mid Ohio in the Formula Mazdas, his heartbreaking second at the Indy Lights race at the USGP ( after leading the whole race until a bobble on the last lap), and his win at St Pete. I am as puzzled as anyone at his lack of results. He has immense talent. I can only hope that he lands with the kind of team that can leverage this talent into the results he deserves.

I have been fan of Rahal and Andretti's for some time , I have watched fears competition and desire to win from the older ones, but I have to say that young ones are not there nether with a talent or desire. Names of fame carries a lot ,but there is a point when you say ok, now what? I hope I'm wrong.

booger
9th August 2012, 18:15
Well both of them are living large thanks to their daddys. Did you catch the earlier report on AR1 with the tour of Marco's house? Rahal also has his own bachelor pad and a whole stable full of exotic cars. Marco's grandpa and Graham's dad had to fight to get what they wanted. These two lucky sperm clubbers have everything they want without having to work too hard for it. Work ethic just not there with either one.

gerkebi
9th August 2012, 20:43
Well both of them are living large thanks to their daddys. Did you catch the earlier report on AR1 with the tour of Marco's house? Rahal also has his own bachelor pad and a whole stable full of exotic cars. Marco's grandpa and Graham's dad had to fight to get what they wanted. These two lucky sperm clubbers have everything they want without having to work too hard for it. Work ethic just not there with either one.

Yeah that tour of Marco's house really turned me off.

booger
9th August 2012, 21:06
I'll put in a call out to Al Jr. Even though he's turned into somewhat of a miserable human being in later life, he didn't have much handed to him and his performance on the track showed he was a fighter.

loowisham
11th September 2012, 20:33
I missed the Marco and Graham tours. Are they on You Tube? I'd love to see them.

I and others posting am very disappointed with Graham and Marco. However, I think/believe that Kimball is doing a great job. I do not know his history but he is always up near the front. When was Marco there? Lat time I remember the wundekind was when he and Cheever had a spat at Watkins Glen. Nothing since. He is being shown up by Hunter Reay and Hinchcliffe as is Graham with Kimball. I like Graham. I wish him well.

All one has to do is look what drivers with smaller teams have been able to do this year. Newgarden, Bourdais, Wilson and a team with resources that does not want to spend, KV.