PDA

View Full Version : Goggles for the four eyed folk?

janneppi
2nd August 2012, 16:02
I'm looking for MX or snowboard...etc goggles that fit over normal glasses. Does anyone here any experience with them, preferably with helmet use?
I've seen Scott 87 OTG and Oakley L-Frame and Oakley Proven OTG models sold in web shops. What else is there?

donKey jote
2nd August 2012, 21:38
the mind goggles :crazy:

Mark
3rd August 2012, 11:56
google?

janneppi
3rd August 2012, 14:36
I did ask Jeeves but there were no results from "know" sources. ;)

Lousada
3rd August 2012, 15:46
google?

No, goggle

D-Type
4th August 2012, 16:26
I wear spectacles. Many many years ago I rode a scooter. I wore a traditional pudding bowl helmet with a peak. I got some goggles that would go over my glasses. After all these years I can't remember the make - they were normal goggles with a single lens, deep enough to go over the specs with a slot on the side for the arms to go through. The strap for the goggles fitted easily over the leather bit of the helmet below the pudding bowl and the goggles sat just fine. I suppose a modern pair will fit equally well over a modern helmet but I would suggest trying them first to check they fit your particular helmet as there are so many helmet variations.

But, I did find that they suffered badly with misting up - I think both specs and goggles lenses misted up. So I switched to a visor and with the increased air circulation there was no more misting. But I don't know if a visor is practicable for MX or snowboarding.

janneppi
5th August 2012, 10:42
Well, I bought the Oakley Proven's yesterday. I had a look in local motorcycle shop where I tried one type of goggels but they didn't fit as I wanted. The nice sales clerk pointed me to a nearby Yamaha store where they had more choices. After trying on them I decided to buy them.

Today I went nearby bike park and had a go with them. Worked pretty well, bit of fogging I I put them on right after walking up the hill but cleared fast when I lifted them a bit. No problems with riding at all.