PDA

View Full Version : Herck quits car racing

Mihai
1st August 2012, 11:33
I'm not sure how many of you will miss him, but Romanian-born Belgian former GP2 driver Michael Herck decided to quit motor racing altogether to focus on studies.

Michael Herck retires form motorsports (http://rallyeracing.wordpress.com/2012/08/01/michael-herck-s-a-retras-din-motorsport/) (in Romanian)

He's had his bright moments in GP2, like posting the fastest time in qualifying at Spa 2010 before his pole-position time was disallowed by stewards or leading in Abu Dhabi earlier in 2010 until the very last corner of the race before losing the win to Valsecchi.

Nikki Katz
2nd August 2012, 20:30
He's not the worst driver the series has ever seen, and is better than at least two from this year alone, but that doesn't exactly make him good. Weird that this gets reported though, drivers his sort of level must retire all the time when doors close. Best of luck to him for the future though.

Mihai
19th August 2012, 09:48
He's not the worst driver the series has ever seen, and is better than at least two from this year alone

Way better than Serenelli, Teixeira or Crestani.

It's true that Herck underperformed badly in 2011, although this year he could have went to AutoGP or Formula Two (or perhaps Indy Lights?) and be successful there against weaker opposition.

27th June 2013, 00:17
why thought>?

Mihai
28th July 2014, 21:10
Little wonder that two years later no one in motor racing is missing him...

journeyman racer
4th August 2014, 11:53
Fair bump, over a topic no one cared about. Never heard of this guy. Anybody know how Andrej Pavicevic is going?

Mekola
8th August 2014, 08:26
Or Milos Pavlovic. Herck was kinda Rikky von Oppel as a racing driver. Almost a gentleman driver considering his family wealth.

inimitablestoo
11th August 2014, 23:44
I knew I'd seen Pavlovic's name somewhere this year. Turns out he's racing in the Lamborghini Trofeo series. No, me neither.