PDA

View Full Version : Kimi-land comming up!

P3ws
31st July 2012, 22:24
By far the greatest track on the calender.
IF Lotus is going to win a race this season its got to be this one.
Dry race and Kimi will surely be up there.
Schumi had his first win here back in -92 and has won it 6 times but since 2004 Kimi is the king of this track with 4 wins.
Hope we have similar result like the Hungarian race.

I wan to keep the excitement until the last race.

steveaki13
31st July 2012, 23:16
I think you could be right. Kimi could rule here.

rjbetty
1st August 2012, 01:29
Did Hamilton reel Kimi in and overtake him in '08 after a spin?
Did Hamilton win this in 2010?

Would be good to see if Hamilton can take the challenge to Kimi? I think he can more than do that. :)

Btw if Kimi gets outqualified and outperformed by Grosjean here, well I wont know what to say.

jens
1st August 2012, 20:25
Temperature is the main obstacle Kimi might face. Lotus seems to excel in hot conditions, but the Belgian GP has traditionally been held in cooler conditions. Otherwise there is much to look forward to. :)

P3ws
2nd August 2012, 19:27

Yes, rain made it possible to catch Kimi. The Ferraris were like drunken donkeys in wet conditions that season.
And Hamilton won it. Both of them pitted before last lap.

aryan
3rd August 2012, 05:55
Kimi is the King of Spa, but realistically, it will depend on the temperature.

An unusually hot weekend in Belgium is what Kimi needs.

rjbetty
3rd August 2012, 16:11
Yes, rain made it possible to catch Kimi. The Ferraris were like drunken donkeys in wet conditions that season.
And Hamilton won it. Both of them pitted before last lap.

Hmmm yeah that's a real good point. It would be good to see a proper head-to-head, but I agree the Lotus may not be the best car around here. If Kimi manages to win THIS one, I will take my (large) cap off to him.

ShiftingGears
3rd August 2012, 17:25
Personally I hope Kimi wins it. Would also spice up the championship, especially if Webber closes the gap on Alonso's championship lead.

kfzmeister
3rd August 2012, 17:55
Lotus introduces the super duct for this race. If Raikkonen can qualify in the top 4 here, the race is his. Bank on it. Here's to hoping for another donut after the race...

Tazio
4th August 2012, 03:55
Do some of you think that the E20 is the only car that comes out of the summer break with improved aero? They just happen to be the only ones flapping their jaws about it. As much as I would love to see the fleur de lis dominate technically, I expect inovation from Williams, Sauber, McLaren, Mercedes, and maybe even Ferrari, Renault will be lucky to come out of the break with the relative performance position that they took into it. Snaaaaap :confused:

kfzmeister
4th August 2012, 13:55
Do some of you think that the E20 is the only car that comes out of the summer break with improved aero?
Yes. I'm thinking that their superduct will be a significant upgrade compared to the others. Improved aero is one thing, but who else has this innovation? Mercedes? Not like they're a threat anymore......Spa has a nice long straight for the duct.
And,......isn't Monza next??? :D :D

Renault is very capable of developing a fast package throughout the year. I would NOT underestimate them.

Tazio
4th August 2012, 14:24
Renault is very capable of developing a fast package throughout the year.

So are McLaren and Ferrari :D

F1boat
5th August 2012, 11:35
Do some of you think that the E20 is the only car that comes out of the summer break with improved aero?

I think that Red Bull will improve very much. They usually do, after long breaks.

Garry Walker
7th August 2012, 20:08
I think that Red Bull will improve very much. They usually do, after long breaks.

They are the best car anyway, so they don't have to improve that much.

rjbetty
7th August 2012, 21:50
"Ihopetobeabletofightforthewinwewillseewhathappens."

Oh I've really gotta stop taking the Kimi!

tfp
7th August 2012, 23:38
I'd love to see Renault bring a race winner after this break. If this does happen, Kimi's biggest problem? His team mate!
Or so I think anyway. Either way we have a few long, boring race free weekends ahead of us. :mad:

P3ws
16th August 2012, 05:27
Just praying it will not be a wet weekend. Especially after that wet qualification when Kimi was way to slow in Q3.

tfp
27th August 2012, 18:40
Back to the top - only 3 more days to the practice starts :D :D

kfzmeister
29th August 2012, 03:35

Yeah, so? Kimi won it 4 times!!!!!! :D
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/524373_431292460249698_1263950948_n.jpg

MatthewF1
29th August 2012, 12:32
Temperature is the main obstacle Kimi might face. Lotus seems to excel in hot conditions, but the Belgian GP has traditionally been held in cooler conditions. Otherwise there is much to look forward to. :) Yeah, Lotus got both cars on the podium at Bahrain, Hungary, would have been two podiums at Valencia except for Grosjean's retirement, 3rd and 4th in Spain. They love heat. By contrast, Spa will probably be the coldest race of the season so far. Unless the DDRS is truly almighty I'd doubt either Lotus will make the podium, let alone the win.