PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Brit goes NASCAR racing (again)

DannyBoysUK
30th March 2007, 14:53
Hi all, a little update for you for those that know me (and those that don't too!).

Firstly, I'm looking forward to the new SCSA season and am going to be milling around the stands or the Pits for most of the races this year.

I've got some (loosely) related news for everyone that I'm very happy about. After gaining a bit of sponsorship to help subsidise it, I've managed to secure another deal to return to NASCAR racing out in the States. I will be competing in the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series at Evergreen Speedway again after sorting a deal with a team called Concept Racing, based in a town called Monroe. Initially we've got 3 races in April but we'll be running 1 in May and a couple towards the end of the year at a minimum.

For those that don't know me, I've run a few late model style races at short tracks in America over the last few years as well as some Formula Ford over here. Mark and the guys at Short Circuit have always done a good job of covering my exploits and hope they do again this year. I hope to progress towards the front of the field this year in NASCAR and I will keep you updated as the season goes on.

Best wishes and good racing to all!
Dan

R3ROK
30th March 2007, 19:01
[quote="DannyBoysUK"]Hi all, a little update for you for those that know me (and those that don't too!).

Firstly, I'm looking forward to the new SCSA season and am going to be milling around the stands or the Pits for most of the races this year......

Hi Dan,

Might be a good idea if you were interviewed by Mr RJN on the Rock Radio during this season if you get the chance. I'm sure everybody on the SCSA forum, and SCSA fans would like to hear a bit more about you.

Best of luck mate, hope it all goes well for you.

John
R3ROK

racing59
30th March 2007, 22:02
So you're not doing the Rookie Training over here then? (again)

turn 4 mad
30th March 2007, 22:31

Just what i was thinking Rob.

bravheart
31st March 2007, 00:04

I have the pleasure in confirming that Dan Boys will be joining us at Rockingham next week to take his Rookie test! keep watching for further updates over the weekend!!!!

DannyBoysUK
31st March 2007, 01:01

Who said I wasn't going to do it, Rob?

racing59
31st March 2007, 10:55
Your post made it look like you weren't going to, but I can say that I'm glad to see that you are!

See you Friday then!

DannyBoysUK
31st March 2007, 11:36
I'm looking forward to getting on track at the Rock for the first time next week. It's something I've wanted to do since I watched Nigel Mansell run those laps in a Champ Car at the Coys event all those years back.

I've not given up trying to get something together to race at the Rock over the summer but even if I can't I will be up at the track watching most of the races anyway.

It'll be good to meet everyone on friday.
Dan