PDA

View Full Version : RIP John Lord

odykas
17th July 2012, 09:02
BBC News - Deep Purple's Jon Lord dies at 71 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18864409)

Another rock legend has passed away.

RIP Mr Genius :(

Mintexmemory
17th July 2012, 09:23
RIP Jon - Camden Festival gig 1971 at the Roundhouse where DP first played the Machine Head songs will remain in my memory forever. Thanks

Rudy Tamasz
17th July 2012, 10:11
Sad news, indeed, which also makes me think how years go by and people fade away. When I started listening to DP in mid-80s I was a school boy and they were real rock stars with an attitude and lifestyle on the top of their game. I am ageing now and they disappear into the light. Dio is gone, and now Jon. Only their music remains.

Tazio
17th July 2012, 10:35
I remember when "Shades of Deep Purple" was released, and "Hush" was a hit single . I really enjoyed their evolution. RIP Jon Lord

pino
17th July 2012, 11:43
Amazing musician of one of greatest rock band ever: Deep Purple!
Made in Japan is the most live album played of my collection

R.I.P. Jon

ShiftingGears
17th July 2012, 12:33
RIP. Simply a brilliant keyboardist, and an integral part of Deep Purple, and rock music.

4WZoBFtqtf0

One of my favourite solos from him - such energy could be emulated by few.

TheFamousEccles
18th July 2012, 07:20
Sad news. I saw the original line-up atMemorial Drive in Adelaide in the 80s. Lord, Blackmore, etc rocked like they meant it, while the bogans outside got drunk and threw bottles at each other. Happy days... :)

Vale John.

Volvo in Motorsport
18th July 2012, 19:00
R.I.P. Jon Lord. The godfather of Deep Purple!

Really sad news. I love DP, my all time favorite band. I wasent even born when they split the MK 2 Purple. But i was lucky to see them here in Sweden on the reunion tour. And also a few times after that.
Always a great band on stage.

The first song i heard with them was Burn... What a great song!!

You will be missed. Sir Jon Lord!!

Storm
26th July 2012, 09:04
First Dio and now Lord. :(
never saw DP and Jon Lord play live (like many many bands I love, mainly due to living in a country which doesn't appreciate this kind of music)...still I remember back in '95 when they played in Mumbai - one of the first rock/metal bands to play in India and I could not even travel those 100 miles as I simply couldn't afford it back then being a student.

Those DP classics will continue to be listened to, way beyond our lifespans I think.