PDA

View Full Version : Pauline you moron

Daniel
29th March 2007, 22:19
I doubt many people on the forum have ever heard of Pauline Hanson but here's one of the years funniest news stories :laugh:

PAULINE Hanson has invented a new religion where Muslims and Christians can pray together.

The former One Nation leader, who is having another tilt at politics, said she was wary of allowing Muslims to settle in Australia.

But she would welcome some Muslims, she said.

"There are Christian Muslims - there is no problems about that," she told ABC radio yesterday.

"But if people believe in the way of life under the Koran, that concerns me greatly."

The comment - an apparent reference to Arab Christians - revives memories of her famous "Please explain" gaffe during her early days in Parliament.

In another curious statement, Ms Hanson said Malaysia had been "taken over by Muslims, despite a long history of Islam in that country".

She also said she had no sympathy for confessed terrorist collaborator David Hicks, saying he was "prepared to blow himself up to kill other people".

But there is no suggestion Hicks ever planned to be a suicide bomber.

Despite her apparent confusion, she said she had learnt a lot since her first stint in Parliament. "I think I'm a little bit older, wiser, a lot more mature, and my knowledge of politics is a lot broader," she said.

Ms Hanson, who is making a run for a Queensland Senate seat, launched her new biography, Untamed and Unashamed, yesterday.

The book includes details of a romantic liaison with her one-time staff member David Oldfield, who failed a lie detector test this week after claiming he did not have sex with Ms Hanson.

The former fish and chip shop proprietor said Mr Oldfield should have come clean.

"I think the biggest problem here is that he has apparently lied to his wife," she said.

"He should have been up-front and honest - there wouldn't be any problem. So that's his problem, not mine. My life has moved on."

Ms Hanson said her affair with Mr Oldfield was her one regret in her life, which included a marriage at 16, child at 17, two marriage breakdowns, 11 weeks in prison for an electoral fraud conviction and starting up the One Nation party.

"I regret my association with him in the bedroom," she said.

Ms Hanson appeared nonplussed when comics from TV's The Chaser turned up at her book launch with a stained dress they said was proof of her affair.

She said she had had enough of the Oldfield episode.

"I don't intend to bring him up any more," she told reporters at the Sydney book store hosting the launch. "I am so over it, and I think everyone else is. I've had enough of it."

She said the next federal election, which she hopes heralds her return to Parliament as an independent senator, would be a big test for both major parties.

"I personally don't have a lot of time for either one of them," she said. "I think it's the same old rhetoric."

Ms Hanson said she was not racist, and was simply proud of Australia.

But Roland Jabbour, chairman of the Australian Arabic Council, said Ms Hanson had damaged Australia's reputation.

"I think her comments are a reflection of someone who is totally ignorant," he said. "It would be a sad day if she ever succeeded in gaining a seat in Parliament again."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21473277-2,00.html

Drew
29th March 2007, 22:25
Work the Jews in there somewhere and we'll all have one big happy planet.

Cracking idea.

Erki
29th March 2007, 22:34
If you think she's a moron then why do you read articles about her? :)

millencolin
30th March 2007, 07:19
i'm just glad the chaser was there!!!! gotta love those chaser boys

but seriously, Pauline... wise up a bit first on religion before running in politics. this is probably the most multi-cultrual country in the world, you need at least some basic knowledge of other peoples religion and beliefs if you wanna be a good politician

oily oaf
30th March 2007, 07:33
She strikes me as an extremely well balanced woman
She's got a chip on both shoulders.

Don't worry I'll try to come up with a couple of better ones before tonight

ShiftingGears
30th March 2007, 07:35
AHAHAHAHAH, what a moron! I have a feeling that The Chaser boys are begging her to rejoin politics :p :

oily oaf
30th March 2007, 08:48

I have the highly questionable pleasure of reading your insightful posts in this forum but it doesn't necessarily follow that I would place you on an intellectual pedestal along with Stephen Hawking and Archimedes does it treacle? :)

CharlieJ
30th March 2007, 14:53
My God (or should that be my Allah?) That's scary! :uhoh:

BDunnell
30th March 2007, 15:20

I don't especially like Hermann Goering, yet I've read articles and books about him.

BeansBeansBeans
30th March 2007, 15:52
More importantly, thanks to Daniel, I've had 'Gordon is a Moron' by Jilted John in my head all afternoon.

Dave B
30th March 2007, 17:13
Oh thanks. Now so have I. :angryfire

:p

Mark in Oshawa
31st March 2007, 14:43
Proof positive that never underestimate the ability of a politician to stick a foot in his/her mouth in the pursuit of personal attention.

Daniel
31st March 2007, 14:58
Mark in Oshawa. She's not doing it for attention believe me :mark:

She is genuinely that stupid and misinformed

Drew
31st March 2007, 23:39
More importantly, thanks to Daniel, I've had 'Gordon is a Moron' by Jilted John in my head all afternoon.

I still have the "I've got a song that'll get on your nerves" song in my head, by ...Joe Pasquale? :p :

Mark in Oshawa
31st March 2007, 23:55
Daniel, for without a doubt she is stupid, but I suspect she is also after attention. No politician is elected to do good work and not take credit for it. The fact that the woman is an idiot doesn't negate the fact she isn't after personal attention. If she only knew how stupid she truly looks.....oh well, I didn't vote for her and she isn't unusual, every nation has one or two politicians that stand out as complete idiots...I know we would have a good thread to start on this topic, and one can point out an idiot in most parties, regardless of political stripes.

Azumanga Davo
1st April 2007, 14:09
Now we have got a much clearer idea on the dumb racist's political stance, surely the chance of a senate seat must be out of the question now?

Or will there be a faction of blue collar bigots that will number enough for her second chance? I fear the latter is in place...