PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian Saavedra to race at Sonoma

GRW1983
14th July 2012, 21:21
Following on from the announcement that he will test at Sonoma, it seems that Sebastian Saavedra will also compete on August 26, as part of an Andretti/AFS co-entry. No doubt he will run the #17 machine. One thing though, Chevy will be supplying an extra engine if that's the case, so if I was Jay Penske, I'd be asking questions as to why Dragon can't go back to 2 cars for both Bourdais & Katherine Legge, if they can supply another engine. Unless of course, the engine comes out of Andretti's allocation for the rest of the season.

beachbum
15th July 2012, 12:44
Considering that Dragon just tested at Sonoma with Seb and Kat, maybe they know know more about engine availability that we do. Dragon stated after Indy that they expected run the second car late in the season when more engines were expected to available.

GRW1983
15th July 2012, 15:16
Considering that Dragon just tested at Sonoma with Seb and Kat, maybe they know know more about engine availability that we do. Dragon stated after Indy that they expected run the second car late in the season when more engines were expected to available.
Yeah, I saw that too. Maybe they'll be back to 2 cars at Mid-Ohio or Sonoma.

BobGarage
15th July 2012, 19:14
judging by Katherine Legges tweets this week, Dragon only had one car at the sonoma test....

Katherine Legge ‏@katherinelegge
Test going well. Seb's still driving right now but i'll get in the car later. I'm out watching in the sunshine, trying to learn!

Katherine Legge ‏@katherinelegge
Seb just finishing up then its my turn...

beachbum
16th July 2012, 11:18
judging by Katherine Legges tweets this week, Dragon only had one car at the sonoma test....True, but why test both drivers if there is no chance to put Kat in a second car at any of the remaining road tests?

heliocastroneves#3
17th July 2012, 17:47
Putting Sebastian Saavedra in the car is the best choice, he's doing a great job in Indy Lights and might become a full time driver for Andretti Autosport in the future..

FIAT1
19th July 2012, 14:54
I'm glad for Saavedra ,but it is a shame that Indycar regulars don't have an engine to properly compete for the points standings.