PDA

View Full Version : What would your dream motorsports experience be like, if you could experience it ?

GBaxter
10th July 2012, 07:07
If funding and location weren't a limitation, what would your dream motorsport experience be like. If it'd involve
any greatly admired driver/s who are currently deceased, feel free to still mention it.

pino
10th July 2012, 07:54
Reading pace-notes to legendary Toivonen at Oninphoja on Lancia S4 :D

janvanvurpa
10th July 2012, 16:45
Reading pace-notes to legendary Toivonen at Oninphoja on Lancia S4 :D

Are you ready for 10-20 years hard study---enough to drive you to drink---just to learn rudimentary Finnish? And learn musta kissa is? You better wish Toivonen could understand what do do when you are clawing the windows screaming "MADONNA! noi moriremo tutti! Gud bevare os!!!!!!!"

Cause that's what I'd be doing in your dream.

My dream: 2 seasons International level moto-cross back to back without serious knee injuries (both sides) and with a little bit better service barge/camper, like maybe LWB Transit with a 2,4 York diesel and with a solid partner.

pino
10th July 2012, 17:11
Are you ready for 10-20 years hard study---enough to drive you to drink---just to learn rudimentary Finnish? And learn musta kissa is? You better wish Toivonen could understand what do do when you are clawing the windows screaming "MADONNA! noi moriremo tutti! Gud bevare os!!!!!!!"

Cause that's what I'd be doing in your dream.

You not me, I've rolled few times in a car during my short career as codriver (2 years) not to mention a short run on a Stratos driving by legendary Wåldegaard in Sanremo many years ago ;)

D-Type
10th July 2012, 17:27
Hmmmm?

To ride with Nuvolari on the Mille Miglia (In the dry!)
To ride with Fangio on the Carrera Panamericana
To ride with Eric Carlsson over the Col de Turini
To ride with Jacky Ickx on the Paris-Dakar
To ride with Richard Noble at Black Rock

Which probably explains why you find me in the history forum

Tazio
10th July 2012, 18:44
To ride with Jackie Stewart at the "Green Hell" in 1968 (when I was 14 and fearless) in a two seater.

janvanvurpa
12th July 2012, 06:48
So
so far only one person wishes to drive, all the others to ride with...

Something significant there.

pino
12th July 2012, 08:00
I would love to drive the S4 myself but I guess Toivonen would be much faster...and that's what really matter for me ;)

A FONDO
12th July 2012, 10:47
To drive Polo WRC in Monte Carlo/San Remo/Tour de Corse

big_sw2000
12th July 2012, 11:47
A lap of Le Mams in the Silk Cut Jaguar XJR 8. MAybe with Cheever or Lammers driving

Steve

driveace
12th July 2012, 16:37
Well I have had the sheer pleasure of riding with Henri and brother Harri,albeit not on events.So my wish would be to ride with Hannu in the Quattro on the 1000 lakes ,and learn his car control,and if Hannu can't get back from Florida ,then Stig would be my second choose in the same car .

TheFamousEccles
13th July 2012, 06:34
My dream would be track days for myself and a few of my mates at the dream tracks of Europe and the UK - all bikes fettled and transported in a nice styley truck, while we swanned from venue to venue in the dream car of choice, staying 5star all the way.... Err, I think I have written the word "dream" too many times, I must be dreaming :s nore:

Bikes would be rider choice, I would have my 900ss (1999 injected model, with a few engine mods) as I love it and will never part with it, but also an MV Augusta f4 750 Special Parts - I have lusted after this bike since the first time I saw one, and still get a bit pouchy thinking about 'em. and the 750 is the ideal capacity IMO, I am not Micky D and dont really need to prove anything.

For a car I think I would probably have an Ascari A10, 'coz they're totally barking, but equally impractical.

*sigh* dare to dream... Doh, I said it again!

janvanvurpa
13th July 2012, 08:06
My dream would be track days for myself and a few of my mates at the dream tracks of Europe and the UK - all bikes fettled and transported in a nice styley truck, while we swanned from venue to venue in the dream car of choice, staying 5star all the way.... Err, I think I have written the word "dream" too many times, I must be dreaming :s nore:

Bikes would be rider choice, I would have my 900ss (1999 injected model, with a few engine mods) as I love it and will never part with it, but also an MV Augusta f4 750 Special Parts - I have lusted after this bike since the first time I saw one, and still get a bit pouchy thinking about 'em. and the 750 is the ideal capacity IMO, I am not Micky D and dont really need to prove anything.

For a car I think I would probably have an Ascari A10, 'coz they're totally barking, but equally impractical.

*sigh* dare to dream... Doh, I said it again!

Now there's some good dreaming. And that's about what I manged to do, almost. But my nice styley truck was firsdt a couple of $150 Peugeot 404 diesels, the a 3.5 ton Henschel Hanomag, that didn't run and so the reserve truck was a 1965 Ford Thames with the mighty pre-crossflow 1.5 liter Kent--ran as long as there was oil anywhere near it. 'stead of porky road bikes I rode svelt nible Husqvarna 390 and KTM 400s . Most of the stays were in "Hotel Pug" room 404. Unless there was soem visting "guest" cutie pie that was staying over, then the nearest 'pensionat' would do..

That's what i was referring to above "2 years without serious knee injuries"...

Glad to see somebody is thinking straight. Dream big, might just reach your goal. :beer:

anthonyvop
14th July 2012, 02:24
So
so far only one person wishes to drive, all the others to ride with...

Something significant there.

In one of my professions I am offered ride-alongs all the time. For years now my rule is if I ain't behind the wheel I am not interested.

raybak
14th July 2012, 12:54
Sitting next to Petter Solberg in Rally Finland(aka Thousand Lakes) while setting stage records.

Ray

Jag_Warrior
14th July 2012, 19:10
I'd like a full day of driving the #2 Jaguar XJR-9 around Le Mans. And the next day, I'd be in the #12 McLaren MP4-4 at Spa. On my third and final day, I'd be in the #5 Penske PC-17 at Indianapolis. On yeah, my "traveling companions" for each test day would be Elle Macpherson at Le Mans, Beverly Johnson at Spa and Christie Brinkley at Indy.

1988 was a VERY good year in the world of motorsports... and elsewhere. :)

big_sw2000
15th July 2012, 22:01
I'd like a full day of driving the #2 Jaguar XJR-9 around Le Mans. And the next day, I'd be in the #12 McLaren MP4-4 at Spa. On my third and final day, I'd be in the #5 Penske PC-17 at Indianapolis. On yeah, my "traveling companions" for each test day would be Elle Macpherson at Le Mans, Beverly Johnson at Spa and Christie Brinkley at Indy.

1988 was a VERY good year in the world of motorsports... and elsewhere. :)

Your very own grand Slam of motor racing. The only thing i would change is the girls lol.

Steve

TheFamousEccles
16th July 2012, 04:28
Niiice. Including the cars ;)

Humber
18th July 2012, 21:21
Arctic Rally with Timo Salonen in a 205 Turbo 16 E2.
Le Mans with Derek Bell in Rothmans Porsche.
Indy with Scott Dixon in two seater Indy car.
Bathurst with Jim Richards in Nissan GTR.
Hockenheim with Mattias Ekstrom in DTM

wedge
18th July 2012, 23:32
If I had weeks to live then a passenger ride with Gilles Villeneuve - car or helicopter!

Back to reality I still feel chuffed to have had Justin Wilson as a track day driving instructor.

My dream holiday would be a road trip through France-Belgium-Nurburgring visiting road racing courses past and present.

Rollo
19th July 2012, 02:56
Winning the 1991 Formula One season; driving for Benetton.

It would have wiped the smirk off or Senna's face and Schumacher would never have been signed for Benetton and a whole chain of events would have never have happened. :D

I would have also secured sponsorship from Texaco and driven in a black car, simply because black Texaco cars are cool looking.

andyrodgers
4th August 2012, 17:43
a long drive with Janifer in latest model of boghatti

TheFamousEccles
5th August 2012, 12:54
Niiice, custom paint on an F1 (regardless of sponsor) is a cool idea. I would have an 09 McLaren with primered (matte) flames - too sweet for words ;) . And reverse decals like the drifting clowns do - I know its old hat now, but it still looks cool.