PDA

View Full Version : Maria De Villota Seriously Injured in testing crash

Norwegian Blue
4th July 2012, 14:14
BBC News - F1 Marussia driver Maria de Villota in Duxford crash (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-18685789)

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up already.... it seems like her condition is improving thankfully.
I wonder what impact this could have on formula one... especially the discussion on Canopies etc.

N4D13
4th July 2012, 14:34
I believe that the forum hasn't been working over the last few days, so it's normal that no one said anything about this. Anyway, I'll stick to what Joe Saward said (http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/07/04/the-accident-at-duxford/):

For the time being F1 should not be making any snap decisions. The sport should take a look at what happened and then decide whether that warrants any action.

Bagwan
4th July 2012, 14:40
Don't be too surprised that nobody has mentioned the incident , as I , and presumably everyone else , has been having trouble accessing the forum for the last few days .

Some reports I've read have said it may have been an issue with the anti-stall electronics revving the car without warning , so this knid of issue might have happened anywhere .
The discussion , I believe , will be more about the safety at private tests , rather than specifically about canopies .

I noticed a derisive comment about the team leaving the truck's lift-gate out from Joe Saward , but who could have known that a car suddenly sliding under it would be an issue with which they'd have to deal ?

I hope she's ok , and that she can soon get back in the car . This has the potential to set the girls with F1 ambition back a few decades in terms of public opinion .

zako85
4th July 2012, 14:40
BBC News - F1 Marussia driver Maria de Villota in Duxford crash (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-18685789)

I'm surprised nobody has brought this up already.... it seems like her condition is improving thankfully.
I wonder what impact this could have on formula one... especially the discussion on Canopies etc.

I was watching some random news on CNN today when suddenly the scrolling news ticker below said that an F1 driver was seriously injured. I was surprised because I thought that Formula 1 tests are allowed only on specified days. I hope that she gets well. I pray for her. Let's hope that Formula 1 community learns important lessons from this crash and uses the knowledge to make the sport (including testing) safer for everyone involved.

wedge
4th July 2012, 15:24
The discussion , I believe , will be more about the safety at private tests , rather than specifically about canopies .

Correct. Hopefully we don't need a knee-jerk reaction.

I noticed a derisive comment about the team leaving the truck's lift-gate out from Joe Saward , but who could have known that a car suddenly sliding under it would be an issue with which they'd have to deal ?

The awnings were set up next to the support trucks and if anyone has experience or even noticed lazy delivery men that the tail lifts are used as a step. In that instance you're asking for some of trouble.

Bagwan
4th July 2012, 16:05
Correct. Hopefully we don't need a knee-jerk reaction.

The awnings were set up next to the support trucks and if anyone has experience or even noticed lazy delivery men that the tail lifts are used as a step. In that instance you're asking for some of trouble.

Perhaps the location of the trucks should be an issue , but , if it's the same as here in Canada , with the lift up , it wouldn't have been much better , as the trucks are equipped with structures meant to stop road cars going under , at about the same height as a half lift on the tail .

SGWilko
4th July 2012, 16:09

Would be easier to not leave a truck with the load hoist down and at cockpit height anywhere near where the car was due to run than fit all racing cars with canopies....???

SGWilko
4th July 2012, 16:13
Sadly, the news could be better;

Maria de Villota loses right eye in accident, remains in critical but stable condition - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100907)

N4D13
4th July 2012, 16:21
It's terrible to hear that, SGWilko... that's end of the line for her, I believe. I don't think she was anywhere near a great driver, but still, losing an eye? That's disastrous...

truefan72
4th July 2012, 16:32
I would really like to know now what exactly happened.
Was it a car failure or a driver error?
Either way, it is sad news.

Tazio
4th July 2012, 16:33
Some reports I've read have said it may have been an issue with the anti-stall electronics revving the car without warning. Possibly, it would take a catastrophic failure of the anti-stall mechanism as the clutch automatically engages the when it is activated. :confused:
Get well soon Maria!

Tazio
4th July 2012, 16:42
I would really like to know now what exactly happened.
Was it a car failure or a driver error?
Either way, it is sad news.We are just going to have to wait and see. I'm more interested in Villota's condition. It's been 24 hours and no one (that I can find) has released the exact nature of her injuries. A report out of Spain was that she was having an operation to relieve pressure on her brain, but I don't have a source for that assertion!

Bagwan
4th July 2012, 17:14
The best news is that she's out of surgery and stable , Taz . That much is good .

I think we can expect some delay as to how well she is recovering now , as they'll have her well sedated , waiting for some of the inevitable swelling to subside .

She's in good hands , by all accounts I've read .

Tazio
4th July 2012, 17:43
The best news is that she's out of surgery and stable , Taz . That much is good .

I think we can expect some delay as to how well she is recovering now , as they'll have her well sedated , waiting for some of the inevitable swelling to subside .

She's in good hands , by all accounts I've read .
Sucks bro!!

LONDON -- Formula One test driver Maria de Villota has lost her right eye after a crash in testing for the Marussia team.

Maria de Villota Loses Eye: Marussia F1 Test Driver In Critical But Stable Condition After Crash (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/04/maria-de-villota-loses-eye-marussia-f1-test-driver_n_1649210.html)

Knock-on
4th July 2012, 20:02
It looks like a freak accident and without knowing the full facts, it would be wrong to lay blame. However, I did not hear it was an electronics problem but may have been a error but that's not confirmed. I have seen a picture and the tail lift hit the roolover / head support.

Best wishes to her and hope for the best.

steveaki13
4th July 2012, 23:12
This is terrible news.

Can't believe this could happen. In what i assume was a straight line test. It would be very unlikely to have a lorry anywhere near the main line of fire so it must have been a lower speed mistake or problem.

Thoughts are with her.

Nem14
4th July 2012, 23:42
Thankfully Maria is alive. We all wish her the best for her, and pray for her speedy recovery, but losing an eye pretty much ends her racing career.
The length of time she was apparently unconcious is also troubleing, but hopefully she will have no neurological issues related to that.

Apparently, she had pulled into the temporary 'pits' after making a straight line 'installation' run and was stopping, or did stop, to converse with the crew when the car suddenly accelerated. There were a lot of people around so Maria likely had few options are far as where she could steer the car as it accelerated towards the rear of the truck. It appeared from what still photos I have seen that the car went pretty much straight at the rear of the truck.

Had there been a canopy on the car, the outcome would no doubt have been different, but it's also quite possible a deformable canopy would have still caused injuries. It's possible a canopy could have contributed to fatal injuries. Since there was no canopy, how it may have helped, or hindered, in the incident is just speculation.
A damaged canopy may have made it more difficult to render aid as immediately to Maria as not having a canopy.

Knock-on
5th July 2012, 03:03
Again, there is lots of speculation going around.

I understand that the Lorry was nowhere near where Maria should have been pulling in. It's true that the car did suddenly accelerate but this is normal as she was doing about 3.2k in 2and and the idle is 4.6k. Why she was in 2nd and not first is something that Maria will know as is why she didn't engage the clutch.

The full facts haven't come out yet so speculating is foolish but it is unfair to blame the Lorry Driver or the car at this stage with no substance whatsoever or basis in fact.

Malbec
5th July 2012, 07:50
I have seen a picture and the tail lift hit the roolover / head support.

Unfortunately the ramp penetrated her visor which explains why she has extensive facial injuries. Very unfortunate that the ramp was left at that level.

A horrible accident, and one that sounds like a mechanical problem rather than human error. Hope she recovers well but at least she is in good hands at Addenbrookes.

Assuming her eye is the only functional loss she has, we may well see her back behind the wheel in the future. I hope she can bounce back.

Malbec
5th July 2012, 08:00
I understand that the Lorry was nowhere near where Maria should have been pulling in.

?

Its pretty clear from the photographs that the lorry was parked next to the marquee that formed the makeshift pits where she pulled in. This is not to criticise the decision to park it there, after all even with the truck parked there the 'pit' area is far more spacious than could be found at any track anywhere.

I do wonder if she made an attempt to steer away from the marquee to avoid hitting people resulting in her hitting the truck.

Dave B
5th July 2012, 10:32
Firstly let's hope that Maria makes a full and swift recovery, it's bad enough to have lost an eye but it seems the accident could have been a lot worse.

From the photograph (http://twitpic.com/a3duh9/full) of the incident it seems astonishing that the team would have left the tail lift at head height in a working area. I agree it's not healthy at this stage to speculate on whether it was car failure or driver error - it's clearly a freak accident - but simple common sense should have told the team that this was a terrible idea.

It's easy and fashionable to mock the "health and safety culture" which pervades our lives, but it's precisely for these one-in-a-million events that such procedures exist.

Anyway, the important thing is that de Villota appears to be out of immediate danger.

AndyL
5th July 2012, 10:48
It's true that the car did suddenly accelerate but this is normal as she was doing about 3.2k in 2and and the idle is 4.6k. Why she was in 2nd and not first is something that Maria will know as is why she didn't engage the clutch.

If the revs drop below idle, wouldn't you expect the anti-stall to kick in and automatically engage the clutch (if it were working correctly)?

ArrowsFA1
5th July 2012, 11:30
From the photograph (http://twitpic.com/a3duh9/full) of the incident it seems astonishing that the team would have left the tail lift at head height in a working area...
I'm with you that the main concern is de Villota's heath and recovery, but just to comment on the above...Given the nature of these tests I don't think anyone would have envisioned the tail lift, or anything in that area, posing any kind of danger. This was in no way a normal pit lane where teams and drivers practice things they experience in a race situation. It was simply an area where the car would roll in slowly having done the straight line work and shut down before being pushed under the awning for work to be done.

jens
5th July 2012, 12:30
Omg, losing an eye is absolutely frightening. :( Hopefully she can still live a painless normal life from now onwards.

MAX_THRUST
5th July 2012, 12:35
It still amazes me that at GP's the safety car is at the end of the pitt lane often as cars exiting the pitts, could easily collide. The safety car should be hind a barrier. A car has hit a truck in the BTCC before and the truck should not have been there. In this case I think at tests like these the truck should be unloaded and moved to somewhere of less danger. From that photo it looked like a really bad crash, hope she recovers?

As for a canopy, i agree a canopy may have caused more injury. Often pilots are injured by hitting the canopy when they eject.

Tom206wrc
5th July 2012, 15:04
I am hugely saddened by the news ;(
I hope her eye will be the only casualty of her body :mark:

Tazio
5th July 2012, 15:27
It still amazes me that at GP's the safety car is at the end of the pitt lane often as cars exiting the pitts, could easily collide. The safety car should be hind a barrier. A car has hit a truck in the BTCC before and the truck should not have been there. In this case I think at tests like these the truck should be unloaded and moved to somewhere of less danger. From that photo it looked like a really bad crash, hope she recovers?

As for a canopy, i agree a canopy may have caused more injury. Often pilots are injured by hitting the canopy when they eject.
It's been suggested elsewhere that the lift was in that position so that team members could do ongoing loading and unloading of equipment. Whether or not that is true I think we will see a procedural clarification in this arena now, closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Having said that, I'm really sorry to hear Maria lost her eye, but grateful she is alive and stable. Here is to hoping for a quick recovery, physically and psychologically.

Garry Walker
5th July 2012, 18:06
How on earth could that have happened? Just boggles them mind.

That she has lost an eye is obviously a tragedy, hopefully she will make a recovery as good as the situation allows.

yodasarmpit
5th July 2012, 23:57
It is possible that with the ramp being at that height, and edge one, it may not have been visible to her.

Edge on, the ramp is pretty thin.

Either way, a horrible outcome.

ShiftingGears
6th July 2012, 00:00
It is possible that with the ramp being at that hight, and edge one, it may not have been visible to her.

Edge on, the ramp is pretty thin.

Either way, a horrible outcome.

There are reports that the car accelerated suddenly and she swerved to avoid the people standing in the pit area. A very unfortunate accident.

GravettFan99
6th July 2012, 00:49
I am hugely saddened by the news ;(
I hope her eye will be the only casualty of her body :mark:
Yes, as that is bad enough. http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/icons/cry.gif It is a shame really, but it could have been much worse, thankfully she is fine enough to be living. http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/icons/spin2.gif I hope she recovers! http://smileyicons.net/smilies/450.gif

chuck34
6th July 2012, 02:50
Looking at that pic I'm not sure that what she hit was a lift gate of the type used to put cars on the top of the truck. If you look you can see swing out doors. Trucks with lift gates don't have swing out doors (at least not the ones that I have seen in the US). I'm thinking that was a "normal" cargo truck, one with the floor about 4 feet up or so. And it had a stationary aluminum ramp from the floor to the ground, sticking out about 7-8 feet past the back of the truck. The car then hit somewhere in the middle such that the nose went under the ramp. Then as it kept going forward, the nose funneled the ramp right at her.

At least that's how I interpret the picture, but I could be wrong.

I hope she makes as full a recovery as she can after loosing an eye. My prayers go out to her.

Azumanga Davo
6th July 2012, 05:13
Looking at that pic I'm not sure that what she hit was a lift gate of the type used to put cars on the top of the truck. If you look you can see swing out doors. Trucks with lift gates don't have swing out doors (at least not the ones that I have seen in the US). I'm thinking that was a "normal" cargo truck, one with the floor about 4 feet up or so. And it had a stationary aluminum ramp from the floor to the ground, sticking out about 7-8 feet past the back of the truck. The car then hit somewhere in the middle such that the nose went under the ramp. Then as it kept going forward, the nose funneled the ramp right at her.

At least that's how I interpret the picture, but I could be wrong.

Tail lifts with swings are a common combination.

Mia 01
6th July 2012, 08:33
A sad day for Maria and motorsport in general. My thoughts are with here.

Shall go driving a couple of miles today again, I´m very scared!

SGWilko
6th July 2012, 08:54
There are reports that the car accelerated suddenly and she swerved to avoid the people standing in the pit area. A very unfortunate accident.

That's a real shame, clearly not her own fault, and crashed as a result of protecting others.

dutchmaster
6th July 2012, 09:58
Such a terrible tragedy.

The images in this news report are sad :( (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTw9TRahF3g)I hope her all the best.

Robinho
6th July 2012, 15:28
Horrible accident, obviously they need to look at what is near the cars when they can move under their own steam. To me the talk about the ramp is irrelevant, most of an F1 car would easily fit under the back or side of a truck trailer, if the ramp had not been their the consequences could easily have been as bad or worse

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

ioan
6th July 2012, 21:38
I believe that the forum hasn't been working over the last few days, so it's normal that no one said anything about this. Anyway, I'll stick to what Joe Saward said (http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/07/04/the-accident-at-duxford/):

For the time being F1 should not be making any snap decisions. The sport should take a look at what happened and then decide whether that warrants any action.

And so nothing will ever be done in this show, which for whatever reason some keep calling sport.
Massa was a step from death, Surtees died, de Villota lost an eye and we have the F1 idiots asking for no actions, no doubt they are afraid that the 'sport' might be losing it's identity if they try to better protect the head of the drivers.
Funny how since Mosley is out the safety of races drivers seems to go nowhere better anymore, as everyone is interested only in the show.

airshifter
7th July 2012, 04:54
And so nothing will ever be done in this show, which for whatever reason some keep calling sport.
Massa was a step from death, Surtees died, de Villota lost an eye and we have the F1 idiots asking for no actions, no doubt they are afraid that the 'sport' might be losing it's identity if they try to better protect the head of the drivers.
Funny how since Mosley is out the safety of races drivers seems to go nowhere better anymore, as everyone is interested only in the show.

Maybe some day you'll grow up enough to realize that people aren't idiots just because they don't agree with your very opinionated view of a great many things.

Until then I suggest you take your idiot to the mirror, where you can find it easily every morning.

If you could actually follow along in an adult manner, you won't find anyone making comments that disregard the safety of any driver or crew member. When you have sudden unintended acceleration that possibilities for injury are very vast, and most likely it would be near impossible to foolproof conditions for such a freak accident.

I'm sure you might suggest that if the cars didn't have engines that sudden unintentional acceleration might not happen?

Dave B
7th July 2012, 12:49
As we discussed at great length after Massa's accident, there are sensible safety precautions and there's wrapping drivers in cotton wool. It would be foolish to think you could ever completely eradicate risk from motorsport - or indeed any sport - but that doesn't mean that people don't care and it certainly doesn't mean that nothing is being done.

F1boat
7th July 2012, 12:56
A very sad accident and this thread is not the place for forum wars. I hope that Maria will recover.

Tazio
7th July 2012, 19:00
Fernando Alonso:
I want to dedicate this pole to Maria de Villota, who is going through a particularly difficult time. We are all feeling sad these days and our thoughts are with her and her family
Class act :up:

Triumph
7th July 2012, 21:56
I'm so sorry to hear this awful news.

What a terrible thing to happen. I feel so sad for Maria. I hope the surgeons can give her back her looks, if not all of her eyesight.

Let's hope she has the strength to take all of this in her stride and put this terrible event behind her.

:-(

tannhauser
8th July 2012, 00:05
As a Spanish reader I would like to thank the members of this forum for your manners and politeness and especially for your condolences to Maria.

Since I am Spanish I am logically very worried with this terrible accident, feel awful for the poor girl (huge change, but she has still a full life ahead, though not as elite sport racer, that is clear), and think I got a clear view from this forum about the info known about the accident so far. I have read here almost in all posts knowledge, empathy and kindness.

So please, do not care at all about the black sheep in the group, I did not feel offended at all with any post (at least so far :)

Some people just hear or read something and instantly act without even considering the possibility of a rational analysis of events. No, it is way easier just to take the torch and begin burning whatever is available at hand…

Nem14
8th July 2012, 01:57
I was wondering if modern F1 cars have a steering wheel mounted, emergency 'kill' switch, or if a more involved engine shutdown procedure is needed. I know the car has an electrical shutoff switch outside the cockpit for track-side staff use in the event of an emergency.

It's my understanding starting the engine is a rather involved process that requires the assistance of electronics outside the car, like a laptop computer.

Dave B
8th July 2012, 12:43
NataliePinkham (https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=NataliePinkham)
Amazing news! Maria De Villota is awake and talking to her family and friends @Marussia_F1Team (http://twitter.com/Marussia_F1Team)
about 1 minute ago (https://twitter.com/NataliePinkham/status/221932212474494976) · reply (https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=221932212474494976) · retweet (https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=221932212474494976) · favorite (https://twitter.com/intent/favorite?tweet_id=221932212474494976)

Great news :)

pino
8th July 2012, 12:57
Yes excellent news :up:

airshifter
8th July 2012, 14:11
De Villota 'awake and talking' - Yahoo! Eurosport UK (http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/de-villota-awake-talking-121547037.html)

More in depth on the good news, and also covers some of the initial thoughts on safety.

And though I didn't post it yesterday, class act by Alonso in dedicating his BGP pole.

ArrowsFA1
12th July 2012, 10:00
More good news:
Maria de Villota out of sedation and talking to her family; recovery 'remarkable' says team - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101142)

CNR
13th July 2012, 00:48
F1: FIA Wants To Examine De Villota's Helmet (http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-fia-wants-to-examine-maria-de-villotas-helmet/)
The FIA is interested in the circumstances surrounding Maria de Villota's crash, but won't be launching an official investigation...

The Jean Todt-led federation, however, is interested in the circumstances.

"We want to examine the helmet and know exactly what went wrong," race director Charlie Whiting is quoted as saying

GaryB
16th July 2012, 08:40
Has anyone noticed how high Maria was sitting in the car? She looked very high, well over regulation height!

ArrowsFA1
16th July 2012, 12:45
Marussia rules out car failure in Maria de Villota's accident - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101236)

BDunnell
16th July 2012, 13:36

ioan, some time ago you suggested that you would no longer post in the F1 forum after Bahrain. Given the fact that you now actively dislike the sport, that your interest in it is devoid of any real sense of enthusiasm or historical perspective, and that you make yourself look nothing but foolish with statements such as these and others, do you not feel that it's time to actually put your own self-imposed exile into practice?

wedge
17th July 2012, 00:48
Nothing wrong with the car then it seems the likely cause is driver error?

ioan, some time ago you suggested that you would no longer post in the F1 forum after Bahrain. Given the fact that you now actively dislike the sport, that your interest in it is devoid of any real sense of enthusiasm or historical perspective, and that you make yourself look nothing but foolish with statements such as these and others, do you not feel that it's time to actually put your own self-imposed exile into practice?

Is there something wrong with commenting on an incident, no matter how much you dislike the sport? Especially regards to safety where its remits strays beyond F1

BDunnell
17th July 2012, 01:20
Is there something wrong with commenting on an incident, no matter how much you dislike the sport? Especially regards to safety where its remits strays beyond F1

I think there is when said commentary amounts, in my view, to trolling.

Anyway, I'm glad some facts have now been outlined, thus putting to rest the more irrelevant speculation, no matter how well-intentioned it might have been.

Firstgear
17th July 2012, 15:57
To be fair our friend hasn't been posting much in the F1 forum lately.
His frequency of intelligent, unbiased posts hasn't decreased one bit. :p :

But back on topic.
I wish Maria a speedy recovery - both physically and mentally/psycologically.

Years ago, a cousin of mine broke/crushed his arm so severely the doctors said they may not be able to save it. His response was that if they had to take his arm, he no longer wanted to live. He was into snowmobiling and boat racing at the time, and couldn't imagine life without those.
People can adapt, be productive, and live happy satisfying lives when thrown all kinds of curve balls in life - if they want to.

I hope Maria can find the mental strength to face her new reality (I don't think she'll be racing competitively any more) in a positive way and has a happy, satisfying future.

Malbec
17th July 2012, 17:03
I hope Maria can find the mental strength to face her new reality (I don't think she'll be racing competitively any more) in a positive way and has a happy, satisfying future.

I don't know, if her only neurological injury is the loss of an eye she may well be back in competitive motorsport though the higher echelons would be out of her reach. In time she'll learn to judge distances and gaps with monocular vision and she should be behind the wheel again. Lets just hope that her permanent injuries are limited to her eye.

Firstgear
17th July 2012, 17:32
I don't know, if her only neurological injury is the loss of an eye she may well be back in competitive motorsport though the higher echelons would be out of her reach. In time she'll learn to judge distances and gaps with monocular vision and she should be behind the wheel again. Lets just hope that her permanent injuries are limited to her eye.
(My bold)
I didn't know that - that's good news. I knew people with vision in only one eye could drive, but I didn't know they'd be able to judge distance well enough to consider competitive motorsport.
Well, lets hope she can make it back to the track then.

wedge
18th July 2012, 23:09

Lord Drayson is blind in one eye. He raced in ALMS but needed special dispensation from the FIA to do Le Mans.

Knock-on
21st July 2012, 12:07
Anyway, I'm glad some facts have now been outlined, thus putting to rest the more irrelevant speculation, no matter how well-intentioned it might have been.

It really is sad that some people, including those that really should know better, went into 'knee-jerk' mode and immediatly started blaming Maurussia and anyone else without the facts. I know what happened and it was a freak accident caused by a small driver error that cascaded because of a number of facts as I posted just after the accident. The van was nowhere near where the car should of been and in a situation such as this straight line test, it would not be unresonable to have the tail at half height to aid access to the cargo bay. It could have easily been the side of a building or edge of a compressor or anything else.

BDunnell
21st July 2012, 12:55
Lord Drayson is blind in one eye. He raced in ALMS but needed special dispensation from the FIA to do Le Mans.

Well, I didn't know that. Thank you wedge.

BDunnell
21st July 2012, 12:56
It really is sad that some people, including those that really should know better, went into 'knee-jerk' mode and immediatly started blaming Maurussia and anyone else without the facts. I know what happened and it was a freak accident caused by a small driver error that cascaded because of a number of facts as I posted just after the accident. The van was nowhere near where the car should of been and in a situation such as this straight line test, it would not be unresonable to have the tail at half height to aid access to the cargo bay. It could have easily been the side of a building or edge of a compressor or anything else.

Indeed. How anyone could think it possible to make remarks like some of those seen earlier in the thread based on the odd initial media report I can't for the life of me understand, but maybe that's the 'internet age' for you. The same goes for criticisms of the venue, one I know well.

donKey jote
21st July 2012, 15:08
Ánimo María !
Mara de Villota agradece en una carta el apoyo recibido - MARCA.com
http://estaticos04.marca.com/imagenes/2012/07/21/motor/formula1/1342864508_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg (http://www.marca.com/2012/07/21/motor/formula1/1342864508.html)

ArrowsFA1
26th July 2012, 11:36
Maria de Villota leaves hospital following Marussia F1 test accident that cost her an eye - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101499)

donKey jote
10th October 2012, 18:01
She'll be giving a press conference tomorrow :up:
De Villota se muestra por primera vez en pblico - MARCA.com (http://www.marca.com/2012/10/10/motor/formula1/1349860029.html)

Robinho
12th October 2012, 06:08
Maria de Villota makes first public appearance since crash - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103290)

a great recovery she has made, it seems she was very lucky just to survive

wedge
12th October 2012, 14:06
Great news that she's making great recovery - psychologically and emotionally - I'm not sure how I would have coped.

Great to know she still has an eye on motorsports.

Robinho
12th October 2012, 14:29
That reads like a very bad pun, which I'm sure was not the intention

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

wedge
12th October 2012, 15:50
That reads like a very bad pun, which I'm sure was not the intention

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kinda, just noticed it after I submitted my reply.

Stirling Moss and Niki Lauda can make light relief at themselves at falling down an elevator shaft and disfigurement, respectively - very rarely does Lauda takes his cap off as he joked in reference at the Italian GP podium.